VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

jika jika;345591 said:
no, all very civilised

Very disappointing. What about surprise inclusions exclusions in the Teams of the Year. VTCA yet to post their usual 'BUMPER' edition of the Leading Edge on the website.

Will be curious to see how the South and the North comps are structured for next year. Will the teams relagated from Senior A have to go back to what Sth/Nth B, or will they come stay and the top 3-4 sides from last years Nth/Sth A come up and join the Snr A teams?

jika jika;345591 said:
no, all very civilised

Very disappointing. What about surprise inclusions/exclusions in the Teams of the Year. VTCA yet to post their usual 'BUMPER' edition of the Leading Edge on the website.

Will be curious to see how the South and the North comps are structured for next year. Will the teams relagated from Senior A have to go back to what Sth/Nth B, or will they come stay and the top 3-4 sides from last years Nth/Sth A come up and join the Snr A teams?

Vicious and Well Directed;345602 said:
Very disappointing. What about surprise inclusions/exclusions in the Teams of the Year. VTCA yet to post their usual 'BUMPER' edition of the Leading Edge on the website.

senior division team looks to have all the guns, baker, brown, okeefe, porter, mullaney, taylor, white, hutchison, wilson, bronca and rutley, maybe contessa and hall were unlucky, but who do you leave out. Senior A side was menzies, lasky, timms, kelly, gardener, law, osbourne, mullins, mills, cheetham, leetet. Maybe Stwart from Brighton very unlucky (3rd in vote count, 31 wickets at 11, 288 runs at 26, Cassells from MHSOB is a good bat as well. How I think the new grades will look is on other thread "possible breakup of senior a" about page 3, A few people there having a guess, some a little more educated than others but at this time no one knows

Can someone please help me.....

I have been looking through the squad lists for the IPL just started....for some reason I cant find any of the superstars from Maccabi (Onas, Gelbert and Mutton). Did any of them actually get a game as suggested by some of the Maccabi hierarchy in January, or did they miss out....??!!??

Surely as the best allrounders in the VTCA they got a game somewhere ?!?!

Not Just Empty Words;345636 said:
Can someone please help me.....

I have been looking through the squad lists for the IPL just started....for some reason I cant find any of the superstars from Maccabi (Onas, Gelbert and Mutton). Did any of them actually get a game as suggested by some of the Maccabi hierarchy in January, or did they miss out....??!!??

Surely as the best allrounders in the VTCA they got a game somewhere ?!?!

who's this mutton bloke your on about ??

tim darcy;345785 said:
hi who won in north a ? who were the top 3 or 4 ?

Ray Scriven Medal - North A1 Div
26 David Zahorodni (Tullamarine)
24 William Kosteas (Westmeadows)
24 Tarique Jeffrey (Avondale H)
22 Ian Blanchett (Keilor Park)
20 Shane Windridge (Tullamarine)
20 Oshan Lasantha (Footscray Utd)
18 Andrew Pizaro (Greenvale)
17 John Bell (East Keilor)
16 Tom Dunn (St Albans)
15 Simon Gaynor (Parkville)

Taken from Leading Edge given out on the night, so presume to be correct !!

DizzyGillepsie;345955 said:
....still waiting for the leading edge bumper grand final edition to be made available!

If there had been more than a token turn up from Spotty at Presentation Night maybe you would have a copy.
Just checked the website - it's up

Ifya Adballs;345961 said:
If there had been more than a token turn up from Spotty at Presentation Night maybe you would have a copy.
Just checked the website - it's up

How many is classed as a "token" turn up??:confused: And how many would you expect to see?

Too Old Body Broke;346055 said:
How many is classed as a "token" turn up??:confused: And how many would you expect to see?

Senior Division Club - Plenty of cash - 2 Premiership plaques to pick up and celebrate - would have thought a table of 10 would have been appropriate.
How many did you get there, and how many were from your winning sides ?

I was looking through the leading edge and some people have far too much free time.Some good things but a bit harsh picking individual guys out and not only saying they had bad years compared to last but detailing it.
Thought the article from the english lad was good, especially regarding Chapple!

JUSTCALLME X;347123 said:
Have any club made any official signings as of yet for next season??? Whats the word on who could go where etc???
Petrolli to KFC, Taylor to Macdonalds, Baker to ashley and martin, Cristafaro = deported, Bronka to Jenny Craig just a couple of movements at the green trackie brigade. Oh and another major in at Yarra, The great man G.Turner returns from a years at detox.:)

Sniffin Around;346061 said:
Senior Division Club - Plenty of cash - 2 Premiership plaques to pick up and celebrate - would have thought a table of 10 would have been appropriate.
How many did you get there, and how many were from your winning sides ?

What has plenty of cash got to do with turning up to the comp pres night?? Sure, 2 premiership sides, but you dont need to go to the night to celebrate them!! I think our club is more than happy having most of our committee attend for a night out. And I am not sure how many actually went? I know for a fact that both winning captains, Pres, Secretary and a few others went.

I personaly have only been to 1. And by far the highlight of the night was a slide show of the seasons premiers photos, that started out innocent enough, but somehow ended in a fair bit of male nudity. And whoever was at the laptop computer was desperately trying to work out how to close it down!!! I recall all the ladies from Yarra Club enjoying it on the table next to us!!!

Hasn't taken long for some clubs to use the points system to their advantage, open up their cheque books and poach some players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back