Now for some news around the Pubs.
R.Routley off to RPB
V.Ion -Yccc
A.Mc Cammond-St Albans
D.Roach-St albans?
D.Pacholi-Sunshine Yc
C.Hillas-Back to Nth Melb
Chealsea cc still partying and may thing about playing this year
when celebrations stop and Chappy stops talking?
Remember keep your pot to your mouth and your ears to the ground:D:p

Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Peter Roach and Chris Street to Bentleigh and i hear that Scott Porter might be off to North.
If Routley goes to RPB there's not much loyalty at Doutta.

southern sledge;352117 said:
Peter Roach and Chris Street to Bentleigh and i hear that Scott Porter might be off to North.

What clubs has Roach been at since his days @ Hawthorn? and who is Chris Street?

Roach has ben at Ashburton and Street in England, Street has won the Ryder Medal. Be interested how Roach fits as he wasn't popular in District circles.

The Publican;352104 said:
Hello fellow drinkers cricket talk been abit quiet on here lately
Now for some news around the Pubs.
R.Routley off to RPB
V.Ion -Yccc
A.Mc Cammond-St Albans
D.Roach-St albans?
D.Pacholi-Sunshine Yc
C.Hillas-Back to Nth Melb
Chealsea cc still partying and may thing about playing this year
when celebrations stop and Chappy stops talking?
Remember keep your pot to your mouth and your ears to the ground:D:p

Green from doutaa is playing at abers next year

southern sledge;352305 said:
Roach has ben at Ashburton and Street in England, Street has won the Ryder Medal. Be interested how Roach fits as he wasn't popular in District circles.

There was an article in the Leader newspaper today about their signing. Roach has some impressive stats, as does Street. Am sure both will make a huge difference. As for Roach's popularity in District circles, from what I hear, it was those who played against him who perhaps didn't rate him as a bloke, but all who have played with and against him cannot and do not deny his ability. Easy not to rate someone when he keeps dominating against you.

southern sledge;352305 said:

Does Roach still keep or just bat?

southern sledge;352454 said:
Mate ring up Bentleigh, they are paying him

If I was you, I would be calling A.Ray. I spoke to him this morning at Toorak Park. Are you sure he is playing at MP?

southern sledge;352117 said:

Routley? I think you've confused the pie maker with "RUTLEY" the pie eater!! No Loyalty?? One club in 20 seasons of cricket!!

10notout;352534 said:
Thats why im asking, I think i am chance of keeping for them.

I would have thought he would keep for them, given he kept for Victoria. Can't imagine why he wouldn't.

I would also imagine he can still swing a bat, so he would be both a batter and a keeper.

10notout;352535 said:
If I was you, I would be calling A.Ray. I spoke to him this morning at Toorak Park. Are you sure he is playing at MP?
Have further confirmation that Ray never spoke to anyone yesterday about cricket and has no intentions of leaving MP, that is the end of the matter.

South Eastern Suburbs club seeking oustanding spinner/batsman/Ass. Coach in excellent standard turf comp. Top line remuneration available. PM for more details.

southern sledge;352672 said:
Have further confirmation that Ray never spoke to anyone yesterday about cricket and has no intentions of leaving MP, that is the end of the matter.

Speaking of MP, I see they are celebrating their 100 years of cricket - congrats. However it does appear they are one year too late. According to their website, they are 100 from 1910 - 2010. That to me is 101 years - unless they were established in season 1910/11 in which case it should read 1910 - 2009.

Hampton made the same mistake with their caps and logos displaying 1908 - 2008. Again, 101 years.

Middle Park were playing in the VJCA in the 2nd season so their 100 years should have been 5 years ago. Its in the history of the VJCA, Leopold CC toured the Victorian country in 1904 calling themselves Middle Park and kept the name till this day.

It should only affect the clubs that were on the borderline of points and i would think that would be the Yarravilles or Port Melbournes.

heard some news out of the south this week,

Mullaney not returning to sth caulfield, signed with prahan

Hampton gain Dayle Towler again this season, will pair up nicely with docksey.

Justin fergusson to join his brother on carpet.

Davis to Elsternwick for a large sum of funds.

Ajax signed Irish international Jeremy Bray (5 figure sum)

White resigns with McKinnon.

anyone else heard these whispers around the south?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back