VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Jeremy Bray to Ajax? Don't mean to doubt you pie but my bullsh*t -o-meter is off the charts. What's the connection between the two?

Also, who is Davis?

This is my favourite part of the cricketing year...so much speculation, so little truth. Keep them coming gents.

What must be a good advert for the VTCA , overnight there were 3 current players playing in the English County 20/20 games.

Tim Linley - Surrey
Wayne White - Leicester
Steve Mullaney - Lancashire

piefrower;354544 said:
heard some news out of the south this week,

Mullaney not returning to sth caulfield, signed with prahan

Hampton gain Dayle Towler again this season, will pair up nicely with docksey.

Justin fergusson to join his brother on carpet.

Davis to Elsternwick for a large sum of funds.

Ajax signed Irish international Jeremy Bray (5 figure sum)

White resigns with McKinnon.

anyone else heard these whispers around the south?
Mullaney was only ever going to South Caulfield for one season

piefrower;354544 said:

I have heard Chris Hall is leaving McKinnon for down Peninsula way.

piefrower;354544 said:

Dreamin Pal, Elsternwicks cheque book isnt big enough!!!!!

As far as im aware ferg is coaching again, dale towler will play at somestage aswell.

think you'll find bray will stay at camberwell maggies, but hey i don't mind reading your info if thats what you want.

as for the other dude who is bagging hampton out about the centenary, the 2007/08 season yas the hundredth year so can't figure out how you get 101 years, BUT HEY I AM TASMANIAN afterall

Kev Davis;354831 said:
Dreamin Pal, Elsternwicks cheque book isnt big enough!!!!!

As far as im aware ferg is coaching again, dale towler will play at somestage aswell.

think you'll find bray will stay at camberwell maggies, but hey i don't mind reading your info if thats what you want.

as for the other dude who is bagging hampton out about the centenary, the 2007/08 season yas the hundredth year so can't figure out how you get 101 years, BUT HEY I AM TASMANIAN afterall
Hey Kev - not bagging Hampton by any stretch. 100 years is a fantastic effort and not sure how you Tasmanians count but 1908 - 2008 is 101 becasue you count each season. All I was pointing out is that their memorabilia should have read 1908/09 - 2007/2008 - that's 100 seasons.

10notout;353930 said:
Has the new point system had any affect on any clubs trying to recruit new players?

Have heard Yccc are taking this too a new level.The Grub Baker
thinks he is coaching at AFL level and delisted a couple of favorite
club players too drop the points down to fit in new recruits.
Check out facebook their has been a group formed to voice your
opinions .:rolleyes:

southern sledge;354653 said:
Mullaney was only ever going to South Caulfield for one season

What was the theory behind this? Did he think they were on the verge of the flag? Why wouldn't he just have stayed at McKinnon ir head straight to district?

lifemember;354840 said:
Hey Kev - not bagging Hampton by any stretch. 100 years is a fantastic effort and not sure how you Tasmanians count but 1908 - 2008 is 101 becasue you count each season. All I was pointing out is that their memorabilia should have read 1908/09 - 2007/2008 - that's 100 seasons.

To me you are both right in one way or another, to me the 1908/09 season is hamptons first yeah? and the 2007/08 is the clubs 99th season making the 2008/09 the clubs 100th season.

remembering that they didnt play all of 1908 just the summer of 1908/09.

i think this one will be resolved on a technicallity

century scorer;354904 said:
Have heard Yccc are taking this too a new level.The Grub Baker
thinks he is coaching at AFL level and delisted a couple of favorite
club players too drop the points down to fit in new recruits.
Check out facebook their has been a group formed to voice your
opinions .:rolleyes:

did baker take a mark williams style pay cut of 50%? i bet not.

piefrower;354934 said:
To me you are both right in one way or another, to me the 1908/09 season is hamptons first yeah? and the 2007/08 is the clubs 99th season making the 2008/09 the clubs 100th season.

remembering that they didnt play all of 1908 just the summer of 1908/09.

i think this one will be resolved on a technicallity

Nope that's wrong ... if their first season was 1908/09 then they completed 100 years at the end of the 2007/08 season and that was also their 100th year. Just the same as if their first year was AD 00/01, their 100th year would have been AD99/100.

lifemember;354840 said:

As you pointed out its 100 years, which is exactly what was celebrated and reflected in the memorabilia - not 100 seasons.

The club was formed on 27 August 1908 (coincidentally the birth date of HCC's famous Life Member Don Bradman), so 100 years was celebrated in season 2007/08.

Pretty simple really

Southern Son;354956 said:
As you pointed out its 100 years, which is exactly what was celebrated and reflected in the memorabilia - not 100 seasons.

The club was formed on 27 August 1908 (coincidentally the birth date of HCC's famous Life Member Don Bradman), so 100 years was celebrated in season 2007/08.

Pretty simple really

It is simple Southern. 1908 - 2008 (which is what their memorablia has written) is 101 years. Count it out (including the first and last year). It should have read 1908 - 2007 (that's 100 years - seeing as how you are intent on stipulating years and not seasons). Formed in season 1908/1909their 100th season was in season 2007/2008, so formed in 1908, their 100th year was in 2007 - not 2008.

Am glad I could raise a topic of discussion. Just hope Middle Park don;t make the same mistake on their memrobillia.

The Publican;352104 said:
Hello fellow drinkers cricket talk been abit quiet on here lately
Now for some news around the Pubs.
R.Routley off to RPB
V.Ion -Yccc
A.Mc Cammond-St Albans
D.Roach-St albans?
D.Pacholi-Sunshine Yc
C.Hillas-Back to Nth Melb
Chealsea cc still partying and may thing about playing this year
when celebrations stop and Chappy stops talking?
Remember keep your pot to your mouth and your ears to the ground:D:p

Hillas coaching North Melbourne!!!!!!!!!!!!

doofus;352329 said:
Green from doutaa is playing at abers next year

how can abers afford to pay ryan green, nyhus,ingleton & shanahan when at start of last season their coach left cause he was asked to take a pay cut and declined.Maybe the prez has put in a bit of cash, hes always wanted big name players there.

tugga5;354989 said:
how can abers afford to pay ryan green, nyhus,ingleton & shanahan when at start of last season their coach left cause he was asked to take a pay cut and declined.Maybe the prez has put in a bit of cash, hes always wanted big name players there.

Who's this Ingleton fella? where did he come from.

Green a big get for abers for sure, will make 'em vey competitve.

Good on abers, easy beats for long time but are trying to do some thing about it...by buying their way out...Nothing worng will that, especially for those followers of EDFL Clubs like Maribyrnong Park a great example of that, they use to go season after seasn with out a win in EDFL B Grade and now have Brodie Holland as playing coach and 2nd on the A grade ladder.

tugga5;354989 said:

Also Clinton Stuart has been recruited back to Abers..not sure they'll be able to afford both him and Green!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back