VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

ROY G BIV;355022 said:
Who's this Ingleton fella? where did he come from.

Green a big get for abers for sure, will make 'em vey competitve.

Good on abers, easy beats for long time but are trying to do some thing about it...by buying their way out...Nothing worng will that, especially for those followers of EDFL Clubs like Maribyrnong Park a great example of that, they use to go season after seasn with out a win in EDFL B Grade and now have Brodie Holland as playing coach and 2nd on the A grade ladder.

Your're got to be kiddin.
Maribynong Park is a team of mercineries bankrolled by one bloke and used as his plaything. They struggle to field a second eighteen who can't win a game and last week not for the first time forfeited their under 18's.
If Abers go down this path in the long term they'll finish up the same way.
Stuffed when the money runs out.

Ifya Adballs;355069 said:
Your're got to be kiddin.
Maribynong Park is a team of mercineries bankrolled by one bloke and used as his plaything. They struggle to field a second eighteen who can't win a game and last week not for the first time forfeited their under 18's.
If Abers go down this path in the long term they'll finish up the same way.
Stuffed when the money runs out.

totally agree ifya adballs, they will finish up being like greenvale, strathmore and maryby park of the EDFL, not very well liked.pity a good club apart from a select few

Genuine_No12;355024 said:
ROY G BIV;355022 said:
Who's this Ingleton fella? where did he come from.

Ex Essendon
Played last 3 or 4 years @ Strathmore - was CC for last couple.
Top bloke too, maybe a bit past his best but a great guy to play against and have a beer with afterwards.

vivion;355034 said:
Quality number 9 bat, one of the better backstops in the VTCA, and a cracking bloke on the piss!!
LOL.....quality no.9 bat.............every side needs one of those??????

vivion;355021 said:
Also Clinton Stuart has been recruited back to Abers..not sure they'll be able to afford both him and Green!!

from speaking with my contacts there Stuart is NO CHANCE of being there, wasn't he playing 2nds at Doutta's ?

Not wanted was the feedback I heard

J Ingleton a great get, another old head with Shanahan and they should improve with those two in charge

sounds like they are heading down the right path

He who knows best;355170 said:
from speaking with my contacts there Stuart is NO CHANCE of being there, wasn't he playing 2nds at Doutta's ?

J Ingleton a great get, another old head with Shanahan and they should improve with those two in charge

Yep whatever u say about their past atleast give 'em credit for trying to improve....

Speakiong of heading down the right path

Now first game is still 3 months away(long long time), maybe before the first game a topic would be to name clubs on the rise/slide in NTH or in general VTCA.

Now this could be interesting eg:- if a clubs recruits 2/3 paid blokes(some fella's rightly refer to 'em as mercenaries on this thread) to win 1X1 games but lets the other senior grades 2nds 3rds etc + juniors go down the sh*T Creek Do we still consider them on the Rise or on the NOSE?

He who knows best;355170 said:

They onlypath Shanahan will be heading down is the one that leads to Tonys Pies!!

vivion;355195 said:
They onlypath Shanahan will be heading down is the one that leads to Tonys Pies!!
:D :D:D

he's never been anything other than a big unit !! he was a bigboy back in the early 90s playing at Essendon, would think that might be where the link to Ingleton comes into it, did win Aberfeldie's Club Champ last year although probably had limited people to compete against

With those names added to their list they would be the top contender for Nth B wouldn't they ?

southern sledge;355218 said:
South Yarra CC are leaving the VTCA and will be now a social club in the MCA

If that is the case that will leave 7 clubs in South B and 9 in North B. Will a North Club get transferred to South?

He who knows best;355207 said:
:D :D:D

he's never been anything other than a big unit !! he was a bigboy back in the early 90s playing at Essendon, would think that might be where the link to Ingleton comes into it, did win Aberfeldie's Club Champ last year although probably had limited people to compete against

With those names added to their list they would be the top contender for Nth B wouldn't they ?

he was club champion with 114 runs & 23 wickets, pretty ordinary stats for a big name recruit obviously nothing to beat for that award. that is how bad they are going.

Hey there guys,
We at St Mary's in the MMVCA are looking for a coach/captain for the 09/10 season, If anyone is interested in having a chat about it drop me a private message and i will fill them in on the details

Cheers guys

10notout;355228 said:
If that is the case that will leave 7 clubs in South B and 9 in North B. Will a North Club get transferred to South?

South clubs dropping off like flys.

ON the topic of North/South balance can someone explain to me how Hampton were relegated when they finished second last and the VTCA chose to promote two North teams from Senior a, despite the fact one of them finished 2nd?

Surely in a year where the re grading is so monumental they could have bucked the trend and promoted only St Bernards, leave Willi CY in North as they didnt win the flag and keep Hampton in Senior.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;355821 said:
South clubs dropping off like flys.

ON the topic of North/South balance can someone explain to me how Hampton were relegated when they finished second last and the VTCA chose to promote two North teams from Senior a, despite the fact one of them finished 2nd?

Surely in a year where the re grading is so monumental they could have bucked the trend and promoted only St Bernards, leave Willi CY in North as they didnt win the flag and keep Hampton in Senior.

Perhaps knowing where the new Pres. comes from will provide some explanation?;)

At the start of the season the VTCA said that the top 2 in Senior A1 would go up, to try and claim the incoming President had something to do with it shows your ignorance.

canary_yellow;355826 said:

Fair go Mate - you obviously are not well connected to a Club, or you simply don't know the Rules.
The 2 up 2 down Rule was voted in By the Clubs prior to the start of last Season and is in the Rule Book

canary_yellow;355826 said:

You are a peanut. Every club in Senior A knew the 2 Grand Finalists were being promoted. All this was voted and approved prior to the season. To suggest the new president had any influence over CYMS being promoted is wrong

jika jika;355884 said:
You are a peanut. Every club in Senior A knew the 2 Grand Finalists were being promoted. All this was voted and approved prior to the season. To suggest the new president had any influence over CYMS being promoted is wrong

Keep your panties on... I thought this forum was always good for a baseless conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back