VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Cricket Addict;395596 said:
Most players will go down one point so i guess it's only fair for now.

I'd have to agree. Wouldnt want to see it go any lower than 45.. maybe 40 at an absoulute maximum.

Ok guys it that time of year where we get alot of these post.

St Mary’s in the MMVCA are advertising for a Coach/Captain for season 2010/11. To apply click on the following link and then navigate your way to St Mary’s page http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/page/north_west_metro_region_10.html or you can Private message me on here.

beached as;395602 said:
I'd have to agree. Wouldnt want to see it go any lower than 45.. maybe 40 at an absoulute maximum.

gee wiz for a club just gone up to the top flight there is aweful lot of silly season info floating around about them.....
id be interested to see how many of the other clubs up there have players in their ones that played juniors at the club.... points or no points its all about the development of players at the club.... greenvale 2nds and 3rds won flags.. that was the 5th in a row for the 2nds .... you cant blame the points system for that..... or say its being manipulated....

southern sledge;395649 said:
I hope it goes down next year to about 40, which will even it up a fair bit.

even it up for who southern... was a pretty even comp this season with 4-5 sides vieing for 3rd/4th .... new sides will come up and challenge as well...

how do you view an even comp?, one where all teams win the flag over a certain time period....one where clubs that come up are competitive and dont go straight back down.... clubs that are well run and successful get hindered for doing so to bring them back into whack with the clubs going through the motions....??

The VTCA have sent a proposal to the WDCA turf teams to join our comp.
If they accept the tiers below North Division will be broken up into North and West. Thoughts?

An even comp is based on preformance not who has brought the biggest gunslinger cricketers going from comp to comp for the biggest money

Cricket Addict;395743 said:
The VTCA have sent a proposal to the WDCA turf teams to join our comp.
If they accept the tiers below North Division will be broken up into North and West. Thoughts?

Just to clarify you mean Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WDCA).
If so , how relaistic is it for WDCA clubs to move over to VTCA next year.
How many do u reckon are seriiously considering joining VTCA.
What happens to WDCA if that happens, any chance Grand United CC will be joining us.

On having Noth+West grades below NTH Division, as a NTH player i am all for it. NTH A+ NTH B still are a work in progress after recent restructure. We deperately need more clubs to make it a more even preferably a 12 team comp each, where each club plays the other only once in home n away.

ROY G BIV;395759 said:
What happens to WDCA if that happens, any chance Grand United CC will be joining us.

On having Noth+West grades below NTH Division, as a NTH player i am all for it. NTH A+ NTH B still are a work in progress after recent restructure. We deperately need more clubs to make it a more even preferably a 12 team comp each, where each club plays the other only once in home n away.

Can definitely tell you that this will not happen. As far as i know the proposal was put forward to the WDCA, but they told the VTCA to get nicked.

ROY G BIV;395759 said:

The WDCA is currently in talks with western suburbs churches about merging. can't see this getting much airtime at WDCA for next little while.

ROY G BIV;395759 said:
Yes, who else would it be?
ROY G BIV;395759 said:
Realistic as you can get.
ROY G BIV;395759 said:
Don't know.
ROY G BIV;395759 said:
What happens to WDCA if that happens,
The copy i received says the WDCA would become a synthetic comp.
ROY G BIV;395759 said:
any chance Grand United CC will be joining us
There's always a chance they could. Don't think they will. The only way I can see this proposal working is if every WDCA turf team comes over.
ROY G BIV;395759 said:
I think that's what the VTCA want aswell. But also having 8 teams in one division means they can have 7 one dayers and 7 two dayers and each team will play each other twice.

beached as;395602 said:

You dont want it to go any lower than 45.... then you say no lower than 40... You sound like a tipical female.... you dont know what you want.

For what it is worth, I think the comp should put the skids on lowering the points for a bit. Give clubs a chance to settle into the points thing. They have already droppped it by about 11 % for this year. And they are already talking about dropping it by a further 10% next year. At the end of the day, I am all for the points thing. But we need to be mindful of the fact that the clubs that attracted quite a few district players to their club over the last 2-8 years(more than 2 but only 2 being paid), and have held on to them, are now being rewarded. I just think the comp needs to be careful about how quickly it reduces the points. We need to be sure the clubs can attract quality players without fear of going through the points cap. Surely we are here to play against quality cricketers? I thought the reason the points system was brought in was to stop clubs "buying" a premiership? And I totally agree. But lets not hinder clubs from attracting quality players by reducing the points over a short period. Anyhow, back to my beers and go th Lions tonight.... got a bit of $'s on em to win by ,more than 39.5 pooints... love the points...

I think 45 points would be about right wateva it is needs to be left the same so everyone just gets used to it.. if u can afford to pay players well done if not well thats why you have promotion and relegation..

The Big issue that has been around for years is the format of the competition.. Premier cricket has put out a survey to all its players asking them how they would like to structure it. (How many games, overs, points system, start times, one dayers, two dayers etc) Be interesting what people thought for VTCA cricket i think Two day cricket and the old points system really needs looking at?? Maybe 10 teams 18x 50 over games or 8 teams 7x one and two dayers? NO BONUS POINTS

Too Old Body Broke;395778 said:
You dont want it to go any lower than 45.... then you say no lower than 40... You sound like a tipical female.... you dont know what you want.

Maybe because my club averages around 10 to 15 points a game and doesn't bring in several high profile players like your lot for little result. I couldn't really care to be honest. You have the money, why not waste it?

beached as;395943 said:
Maybe because my club averages around 10 to 15 points a game and doesn't bring in several high profile players like your lot for little result. I couldn't really care to be honest. You have the money, why not waste it?

Not that it is important, but which club are you from?

Agreed, very little to show for it at the end of the season. How we went from sitting 4th at Xmas and then not win a game???? I guess my point is that before we go altering the points by so much each year, lets giv eclubs a chance to settle on some players. We also need to be careful that some clubs cannot attract quality players from higher grades because of points. Surely we are all here to play against quality players?

Too Old Body Broke;396008 said:
Not that it is important, but which club are you from?

Agreed, very little to show for it at the end of the season. How we went from sitting 4th at Xmas and then not win a game???? I guess my point is that before we go altering the points by so much each year, lets giv eclubs a chance to settle on some players. We also need to be careful that some clubs cannot attract quality players from higher grades because of points. Surely we are all here to play against quality players?

I thought with the players you brought in, you would have done far better. I am all for bringing in quality players and playing against them.

In regards to time, a lot of clubs should have settled on their squads. Teams learn to play better if they play with the same players week after week. Its like all team sports, after a while you gel, and the team works as one.

If a player has a tendency to move around like a revolving door, a prospective club should be smart enough to steer clear anyway.

Not sure if anyone has blogged it already, the points for 2010/11 is 48, a reduction of 6 which seems fair. I wonder when the reductions will stop? Being a cynic I would say when YCCC can't fit all their players in. I think in 5 years time the competition will have evened out and we'll all be extolling the virtues of the points system.

gib;396512 said:
Not sure if anyone has blogged it already, the points for 2010/11 is 48, a reduction of 6 which seems fair. I wonder when the reductions will stop? Being a cynic I would say when YCCC can't fit all their players in. I think in 5 years time the competition will have evened out and we'll all be extolling the virtues of the points system.

When are people going to get it the VTCA is only on the map and on the rise coz clubs attract good players and lift this league forward. Otherwise the league would be no better than the NWCA, WDDA.

Just like the EDFL the VTCA does next to nothing to promote itself yet just like in the EDFL it is its clubs like Strathmore, Marby, Keilor, G'vale, Doutta's plus B grade clubs like Tulla, Taylors, Pacco, AW that have turned it into a powerhouse with this super reputation that everyone like brags about. Without the work of those clubs the leaugue would have still been the joke it was a decade ago. They are the facts!

The VTCA has overtaken subbies because of the clubs and their players not outstanding administration. We all love saying we play in the VTCA against the best of the best yet we are trying to ruin the comp. The points cap is in but just leave it where it is. We want this comp to be the best in Melb outside district. More clubs, more divisions, more promotion/relegation more quility talent (old and young) and a show peice top divison that is the envy of other leagues (which it is at the minute) and the goal of all hard work comittees, clubs and players

The cricket situation is more of a joke b/c unlike footy most clubs will have a realistic shot at playing in a GF in the VTCA over the course of a decade due to the promotion and relegation. Clubs will find their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back