VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Obviously your club is affected by it, get over it the points arn't going away. Get some home grown players and stop sooking.

southern sledge;396542 said:
Obviously your club is affected by it, get over it the points arn't going away. Get some home grown players and stop sooking.

ha ha typical uneducated response. My club has truckloads of home grown talent and a massive junior program so if anything in the long run we will be one of the lucky clubs to benefit from this rule.

We all know the rule is in but leave it where it is which is what I said. As my post said we want to play in the best comp, with the most divisions with the best players with a showpiece premier comp played at the premier ground Port Melb.

The VTCA seem to revel (you only had to be at their presentation) in all these stars they have attracted both north and south, the improvment in the comp, the expanded reputaion of the comp, the competivness of the different divisions. We all seem to love saying that the VTCA is now better than subbies, best club cricket league etc etc yet ask yourself why this has happened.

Leave the points alone and fix the 2nd innings points system, swallow up more clubs and divisions and the VTCA will become the only league for turf cricket in Melb outside of district

I have noticed a few clubs have posted for Captain/Coaches on the VTCA website....any news on these...have these players moved on or is it just a polite advert before giving the job back to the old one?

underarm bowler;396809 said:
I have noticed a few clubs have posted for Captain/Coaches on the VTCA website....any news on these...have these players moved on or is it just a polite advert before giving the job back to the old one?

most of them have to do it each year when the contract of the coach runs out, just in case some Adam Gilchrist looks at it and decides to coach :p

Some would be from movements but I think you will find the same ppl coaching them next season

I can say that we at the Altona Roosters are looking for a coach, we are not going through the motions ....we do have a few irons in the fire but are yet to make any decisions and would still love to talk to anyone that thinks they might be the right fit for our club.

southern sledge;396611 said:
Shows the points are working , whats your problem.

I wouldn't say they are working just yet. However I am sure they will soon. And yes it is a better system than the prviously un-enforceable 2 paid player rule. Without having to type it again, please see post #861 which includes "But we need to be mindful of the fact that the clubs that attracted quite a few district players to their club over the last 2-8 years(more than 2 but only 2 being paid), and have held on to them, are now being rewarded":confused:

roosters hack;396821 said:
I can say that we at the Altona Roosters are looking for a coach, we are not going through the motions ....we do have a few irons in the fire but are yet to make any decisions and would still love to talk to anyone that thinks they might be the right fit for our club.

gonna let us in on who you have talked to? or who you are interested in getting? or who has been interested in the position?

Cricket Addict;395743 said:
The VTCA have sent a proposal to the WDCA turf teams to join our comp.
If they accept the tiers below North Division will be broken up into North and West. Thoughts?

just wondering if anyone has of the prospect of 4 new teams coming into nth a and or nth b next season? if yes who and what grade

southern sledge;397087 said:
Chris Hall 1st
Adam Contessa 2nd
Ash Russell 3rd

Well deserved...happy to see a top bloke like Chris get it...
Who was in the "Team of the Year"?

southern sledge;397645 said:
Its on the VT website

Shouldn't shoot from the hip SS...You would assume it should be on the VTCA website but you know what happens when you assume...and thats what's happened...
It Aint there...I looked there first before posting my question...and just looked again ...so I'm an Ass for not believing my eyes the first time.
Whats your excuse...lol
Once again, can you or some helpful person Tell me who is on the team?...cheers

I would have thought they would have the Leading Edge on there, but i have a copy.
Senior TOTY
1 Abhijeet Sharma Spotswood
2 Ash Russell South Caulfield
3 Mick O'Keefe Y.C.
4 Justin Baker (C) Y.C.
5 Chris Hall McKinnon
6 Adam Contessa RPB
7 Warren Kelly WCYMS
8 Craig Osborne St. Bernards
9 Darrel Brown AWStC
10 Jody Hutchinson Keilor
11 Jack Porter Altona North

Leaving the VTCA for Subbies are Jody Hutchinson (Broadmeadows) and i believe Lee Elmore(Altona) after telling Willy he was playing there.

southern sledge;397778 said:
Leaving the VTCA for Subbies are Jody Hutchinson (Broadmeadows) and i believe Lee Elmore(Altona) after telling Willy he was playing there.

Both have probably had a gutful of not being able to field their best sides due to the points scenario??:mad:

heard from a mate of mine that shaun borlase has been given the arse down at hoppers...can anyone shed some light?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back