VTCA Season 2019/20

Any other clubs in Moreland being told they have to put in another application for the grounds over finals for training and playing? This has never happened before and it would seem they know want us to pay if we are successful. The council bill already went up $2000 this season and now there trying to charge us more for having the audacity to make finals. This council is impossible to deal with at every level I don't know of an organisation they get on well with. Also it would appear they are trying to double dip as the VTCA already give the council money for finals and they want us to pay as well so do they get 2 lots of casual rates?

Any other clubs in Moreland being told they have to put in another application for the grounds over finals for training and playing? This has never happened before and it would seem they know want us to pay if we are successful. The council bill already went up $2000 this season and now there trying to charge us more for having the audacity to make finals. This council is impossible to deal with at every level I don't know of an organisation they get on well with. Also it would appear they are trying to double dip as the VTCA already give the council money for finals and they want us to pay as well so do they get 2 lots of casual rates?

It appears Moreland-based clubs may be justified in bringing the concern you have raised to the attention of Cricket Victoria and it would be preferable you do so collectively.

Didn't it use to state you couldn't be a First XI player? Let alone Overseas professional

I don't know the answer to your question but I cannot see such a provision in the present by-laws. There is no need for an on-field presence by an open-age player in an under 18 competition. Some players are selected to represent their country at that age!

I respect to the VTCA's mandatory bushfire raffle, where can I find the amount raised, evidence it has been forwarded to a deserving charity, and the prize winners ?

Going to be some busy nights at the VTCA tribunal this week. Brenton Parchment from senior division and possibly the best player in the grade below Steve Goodwin. Both reports came after the match interestingly and not reported to captains after games.

Last edited:
Going to be some busy nights at the VTCA tribunal this week. Brenton Parchment from senior division and possibly the best player in the grade below Steve Goodwin. Both reports came after the match interestingly and not reported to captains after games.

I believe the Goodwin report was done by Josie Macnamara and not the umpires. He was only issued a yellow card on day 1 however Josie decided to take it upon her self to report him. Might come back to bight her like last nights Parchment case where supposedly she interfered as well.

In regard to Parchment apparently Josie changed the original report charge for 1 of his charges and the tribunal threw it out as the charge she presented to tribunal was inappropriate. Another stuff up by the great Josie. He then was offered a $500 fine for his second charge if he pleaded guilty. He accepted that offer straight away. $500 is peanuts for a bloke getting paid over $20K and I'm sure the bucket will go round to the grog squad on saturday to cover the fine.

Once again our tribunal / ground manager is out of her depth and made to look silly

I believe the Goodwin report was done by Josie Macnamara and not the umpires. He was only issued a yellow card on day 1 however Josie decided to take it upon her self to report him. Might come back to bight her like last nights Parchment case where supposedly she interfered as well.

In regard to Parchment apparently Josie changed the original report charge for 1 of his charges and the tribunal threw it out as the charge she presented to tribunal was inappropriate. Another stuff up by the great Josie. He then was offered a $500 fine for his second charge if he pleaded guilty. He accepted that offer straight away. $500 is peanuts for a bloke getting paid over $20K and I'm sure the bucket will go round to the grog squad on saturday to cover the fine.

Once again our tribunal / ground manager is out of her depth and made to look silly

Given the VSDCA is rumoured to be seeking to add 4 clubs, if what you have described above is the manner in which the VTCA conduct themselves who would blame clubs seeking to transfer allegiances?

What did Goodwin cop? What was his charge about?

10 yellow cards in the last round obviously a direction out to nab a few players and top up the vtca coffers.

unbelieveable news with Gallage from Druids copping a year suspension plus the final series this year.Apparantly something to do with questioning the umpire over not getting a fair go with decisions. Surprised the umpire could understand him as I remember the Druids boys always saying he speaks very broken English and after 10 years they still can’t communicate with him properly.

What did Goodwin cop? What was his charge about?

10 yellow cards in the last round obviously a direction out to nab a few players and top up the vtca coffers.

unbelieveable news with Gallage from Druids copping a year suspension plus the final series this year.Apparantly something to do with questioning the umpire over not getting a fair go with decisions. Surprised the umpire could understand him as I remember the Druids boys always saying he speaks very broken English and after 10 years they still can’t communicate with him properly.

Goodwin charge was thrown out. Don’t know much about the gallage case but I hear they have appealed.

Last edited:
Looks like another brilliant decision by the vtca to go ahead with games today with pretty much every time who lost the toss being sent into bat and pretty much stuffed.
Why wouldn’t you make it a one day game tomorrow and give curators some time to get a decent wicket up instead of teams playing on wickets barely prepared.
Now teams who have worked their arse off all year just to be knocked out on the toss of a coin.
Ridiculous decision.

Looks like another brilliant decision by the vtca to go ahead with games today with pretty much every time who lost the toss being sent into bat and pretty much stuffed.
Why wouldn’t you make it a one day game tomorrow and give curators some time to get a decent wicket up instead of teams playing on wickets barely prepared.
Now teams who have worked their arse off all year just to be knocked out on the toss of a coin.
Ridiculous decision.
What else would you expect.

Ridiculous decision.
The VTCA executive don't appear to winning too many brownie points at the moment. The sheer size of the competition must be an issue in its effective management, and given very few appear to be tasked with much of the work-load in running it, they may be overloaded. That is a recipe for bad decision-making

Interesting weekend of Semi Finals. Doutta choke again, Issues with Westmeadows ground again and West Coburg will be hurting from the game that got away

Caroline Springs Cricket Club, affiliated with the Victorian Turf Cricket Association, the North West Metropolitan Cricket Association and the Cricket Victoria Women’s Community Cricket, require the services of a ‘playing’ or ‘non-playing’ Senior Coach for the 2020/21 season and beyond.

Currently competing in Division 4 of the VTCA, CSCC’s 1st and 2nd XI play on turf, whilst our 3rd and 4th XI compete in two day and our 5th XI in one day competitions in the NWMCA. Our Ladies team compete in the T20 Competition in the CVWCC. The Playing/nonplaying coach will be responsible for managing player recruitment, creating and facilitating training programs, team selections, and driving the growth of a positive and competitive club first culture.

CSCC’s senior playing group consists of a good mix of experienced players and junior players across all six teams with a large volunteer support network for the successful applicant.

Interested parties should forward their CV including recent playing and or coaching experience. Applicants will be required to provide or obtain a valid working with children check. CSCC are happy to discuss remuneration to the successful applicant therefore a Level 1 coaching qualification or better is preferred.

Internal and external applicants are invited to apply, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Forward applications to Geoff Gray (CSCC President) at carolinespringscc@outlook.com

Anyone hear about what happened at YCCC on Saturday night/Sunday morning? Apparently YCCC curator filled in the footmarks all over the pitch with soil and water to patch the footmarks up. St Albans not happy and the game started late on Sunday. I am guessing the game will be played under protest if this is the case.

Anyone hear about what happened at YCCC on Saturday night/Sunday morning? Apparently YCCC curator filled in the footmarks all over the pitch with soil and water to patch the footmarks up. St Albans not happy and the game started late on Sunday. I am guessing the game will be played under protest if this is the case.

Im sure our great grounds manager will be on top of it all.

Back