Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

NoBall;209969 said:
NASA mate, NASA.

Team of the year selection? Pretty f*cking simple if you ask me:

1. Log onto www.resultsvault.com/cricket

2. Go to the statistics page for the relevant grade

3. Find the highest six rungetters, and put them in the team batting somewhere between 1 and 6.

4. Find the guy who has taken the most dismissals behind the stumps, and plug him in at 7.

5. Find the highest 4 wicket-takers. Then rank them in order runs they've scored and put them in order 8 through 11.

Don't over-complicate things - its a simple game, cricket.

When are you running for the VTCA Executive...?

NoBall;209969 said:
NASA mate, NASA.

Team of the year selection? Pretty f*cking simple if you ask me:

1. Log onto www.resultsvault.com/cricket

2. Go to the statistics page for the relevant grade

3. Find the highest six rungetters, and put them in the team batting somewhere between 1 and 6.

4. Find the guy who has taken the most dismissals behind the stumps, and plug him in at 7.

5. Find the highest 4 wicket-takers. Then rank them in order runs they've scored and put them in order 8 through 11.

Don't over-complicate things - its a simple game, cricket.

Vicious and Well Directed;209973 said:

Champ, my approach contains far too much common sense to run for the VTCA Executive.

Common sense would say rain on Friday & Saturday = don't report to grounds & meet Dizzy for a parma and punt in the bush. But it won't happen, will it.

Rather than base finals positions on 10 rounds of competition, the VTCA will insist on 11 rounds, and some dodgy f*ckers who are too cheap to pay for a curator will sneak a win after non-preparation of a week two deck.

Vicious and Well Directed;209973 said:

Champ, my approach contains far too much common sense to run for the VTCA Executive.

Common sense would say rain on Friday & Saturday = don't report to grounds & meet Dizzy for a parma and punt in the bush. But it won't happen, will it.

Rather than base finals positions on 10 rounds of competition, the VTCA will insist on 11 rounds, and some dodgy f*ckers who are too cheap to pay for a curator will sneak a win after non-preparation of a week two deck.

DizzyGillepsie;209960 said:
ahhh parma... someone said the magic word

its a fair hike but if you're up in the Beechworth area, pop in to Tanswells Hotel. it's the big pub on the main road through. best parma bar none, and i'm a bit of a parma slut when it comes to pub meals.;)

Had a good night tonight Dizz,hit the deck hard and worked up a huge sweat and let a few really have it.I can't believe your disparaging remarks about our coach dizz.He has been nothing short of a miracle to me.He knows i have the weapons in my armoury to destroy teams and picks my on my talents.Well thats what he tells me.
So what did he say to you Dizz when you were an impressionable young gun?
This will be the week of the megmister,just you wait.

Your Mate Mick Megne!!!

DizzyGillepsie;209960 said:
ahhh parma... someone said the magic word

its a fair hike but if you're up in the Beechworth area, pop in to Tanswells Hotel. it's the big pub on the main road through. best parma bar none, and i'm a bit of a parma slut when it comes to pub meals.;)

Had a good night tonight Dizz,hit the deck hard and worked up a huge sweat and let a few really have it.I can't believe your disparaging remarks about our coach dizz.He has been nothing short of a miracle to me.He knows i have the weapons in my armoury to destroy teams and picks my on my talents.Well thats what he tells me.

Your Mate Mick Megne!!!

NoBall;209987 said:

Fair trek for a parma...Must be good.

Common sense has never been high on the list of priorities in the VTCA decision making process.

Have you got a parma tip closer to home Diz? superparma.com is no more and we're in need to guidance.

NoBall;209987 said:

Common sense has never been high on the list of priorities in the VTCA decision making process.

Have you got a parma tip closer to home Diz? superparma.com is no more and we're in need to guidance.

Vicious and Well Directed;209928 said:
Tell me about it. I was emailing the boys trying to tee up a nice little pub with a tab, a beer garden, a decent parma and possibly some attractive company to occupy a Saturday afternoon. Looks like a wasted effort at the moment.

I dont care , im out , 55 off 30 balls and a dodgy run out with the bloody bowler touching it on his follow thru.
I hope it pours down as we will struggle now that im out as with tocka and only 1 SMART person to follow.

Vicious and Well Directed;209928 said:
Tell me about it. I was emailing the boys trying to tee up a nice little pub with a tab, a beer garden, a decent parma and possibly some attractive company to occupy a Saturday afternoon. Looks like a wasted effort at the moment.

I dont care , im out , 55 off 30 balls and a dodgy run out with the bloody bowler touching it on his follow thru.
I hope it pours down as we will struggle now that im out as with tocka and only 1 SMART person to follow.

Mick Megne;209995 said:

Your Mate Mick Megne!!!

maybe he just misjudged my talent, maybe he was just under pressure from other kids dads to pick their sons first, but it's ok Mick, i left the club and flourished into what i am today. you learn fast when your playing seniors at 13, on mats in a ******** comp. i used to think i was facing good bowling and then i grew up and realised they were just old ******** ********s trying to bounce a kid out of the game.

i'm keeping and eye on your stats Mick, i'm sure i'll see a 5 for against your name very soon

Mick Megne;209995 said:

Your Mate Mick Megne!!!

maybe he just misjudged my talent, maybe he was just under pressure from other kids dads to pick their sons first, but it's ok Mick, i left the club and flourished into what i am today. you learn fast when your playing seniors at 13, on mats in a ******** comp. i used to think i was facing good bowling and then i grew up and realised they were just old ******** ********s trying to bounce a kid out of the game.

i'm keeping and eye on your stats Mick, i'm sure i'll see a 5 for against your name very soon

Vicious and Well Directed;210000 said:

Town Hall hotel in error st. Nth Melbourne

no frills dining, 16 bucks gets you a real chicken breast, none of that pre-crumbed bull********

Vicious and Well Directed;210000 said:

Town Hall hotel in error st. Nth Melbourne

no frills dining, 16 bucks gets you a real chicken breast, none of that pre-crumbed bull********

Southern Senior Division team of the year.

1 justin ferguson
2 ash russell
3 joel crouch
4 chris hall
5 jason chapple
6 luke russell
7 steve mallaney
8 john simpson
9 darren docksey
10 leon gouzenfiter
11 dale towler

Team full of allrounders and might be in trouble against a north side especially if the poms went home.

1 justin ferguson
2 ash russell
3 joel crouch
4 chris hall
5 jason chapple
6 luke russell
7 steve mallaney
8 john simpson
9 darren docksey
10 leon gouzenfiter
11 dale towler

Team full of allrounders and might be in trouble against a north side especially if the poms went home.

South A Team of the year.

1 shane piercy
2 jon weinstock
3 troy lamb
4 kristian cook
5 keith kell
6 michael scott
7 adan khawaja
8 daniel onas
9 martin wrodarczyk
10 john seery
11 adam ray

Would give the Southern senior side a run for its money.
Big lack of bowlers in the South especially spinners and team would be in trouble if Khawaja got called.

1 shane piercy
2 jon weinstock
3 troy lamb
4 kristian cook
5 keith kell
6 michael scott
7 adan khawaja
8 daniel onas
9 martin wrodarczyk
10 john seery
11 adam ray

Big lack of bowlers in the South especially spinners and team would be in trouble if Khawaja got called.

southern sledge;210104 said:

1 justin ferguson
2 ash russell
3 joel crouch
4 chris hall
5 jason chapple
6 luke russell
7 steve mallaney
8 john simpson
9 darren docksey
10 leon gouzenfiter
11 dale towler

Dale Towler - surely you've thrown that in just to see if people are reading your rubbish?

15 wickets (28th on the Senior list) and 6 runs from 6 hits.

Yep, that's top class, team of the year form, right there folks. |@

Lancaster surely goes in ahead of Towler.

southern sledge;210104 said:

1 justin ferguson
2 ash russell
3 joel crouch
4 chris hall
5 jason chapple
6 luke russell
7 steve mallaney
8 john simpson
9 darren docksey
10 leon gouzenfiter
11 dale towler

Dale Towler - surely you've thrown that in just to see if people are reading your rubbish?

southern sledge;210108 said:

1 shane piercy
2 jon weinstock
3 troy lamb
4 kristian cook
5 keith kell
6 michael scott
7 adan khawaja
8 daniel onas
9 martin wrodarczyk
10 john seery
11 adam ray

The ICC need to amend the rules to a 90 degree flex for Adnan not to be called...

southern sledge;210108 said:

1 shane piercy
2 jon weinstock
3 troy lamb
4 kristian cook
5 keith kell
6 michael scott
7 adan khawaja
8 daniel onas
9 martin wrodarczyk
10 john seery
11 adam ray

The ICC need to amend the rules to a 90 degree flex for Adnan not to be called...

NoBall;210111 said:

Lancaster, decent player and bloke. Selecltion process should also assume the more Chelsea blokes included, the more free piss after a game.

Presumably Docksey will have to carry Towler in that team as well!

NoBall;210111 said:

Lancaster, decent player and bloke. Selecltion process should also assume the more Chelsea blokes included, the more free piss after a game.

Presumably Docksey will have to carry Towler in that team as well!

NoBall;210111 said:

Thats how bad the bowling stocks in the South are,maybe Sager goes in but his figures are ordinary as well,or bring up Matty Lalor from Senior A.
Lancaster i thought of but then there would be 4 spinners in the team,i dont rate Towler either but there's not many options,i reckon South A has better fast bowling stocks than Senior South.

NoBall;210111 said:

Thats how bad the bowling stocks in the South are,maybe Sager goes in but his figures are ordinary as well,or bring up Matty Lalor from Senior A.
Lancaster i thought of but then there would be 4 spinners in the team,i dont rate Towler either but there's not many options,i reckon South A has better fast bowling stocks than Senior South.

southern sledge;210121 said:

You can never have too many spinners.

Lalor might have been ok ten years ago, but I hear he's bowling off 5 steps these days. Still, 25 wickets is a good season. Perhaps his opening partner Youngs might be an alternative selection, but he's got 18 according to the website.

southern sledge;210121 said:

Lalor might have been ok ten years ago, but I hear he's bowling off 5 steps these days. Still, 25 wickets is a good season. Perhaps his opening partner Youngs might be an alternative selection, but he's got 18 according to the website.

NoBall;210126 said:

Not a bad season, anywhere in the top 10 for wickets is decent I'd say. Both seem to be handy-ish with a bat too if I remember.

This rain doesn't seem to be any closer.

Did any one else hear the rumour that Brighton were appealling?

NoBall;210126 said:

Not a bad season, anywhere in the top 10 for wickets is decent I'd say. Both seem to be handy-ish with a bat too if I remember.

Vicious and Well Directed;210137 said:

Appealling what,looking at the rules it said you carn't appeal.

Vicious and Well Directed;210137 said:

southern sledge;210144 said:

I've got my doubts you were able to read the rules correctly. I won't be using you as a reference.

Who gives a rat's toss about Senior A anyway?

southern sledge;210144 said:

I've got my doubts you were able to read the rules correctly. I won't be using you as a reference.

Who gives a rat's toss about Senior A anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back