VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Snagglepuss;233941 said:
How certain are we that Abers will not be going down to North B and that the VTCA approached North B teams to see if they wanted to go up to North A? Because I know for a fact that they didnt approach some higher placed North B teams about that prospect of going up?

Some people on this forum seem to think that it's a done deal that Abers will be staying in Nth A.

My mail is that the league have approached all Nth B sides & haven't got a positive response from any club yet.

Delay in the release of fixture apparently due to clubs being a bit slack in getting back their registration forms etc......

Snagglepuss;233941 said:
How certain are we that Abers will not be going down to North B and that the VTCA approached North B teams to see if they wanted to go up to North A? Because I know for a fact that they didnt approach some higher placed North B teams about that prospect of going up?

Snagglepuss, I can confirm it is 100% Abers will be the easy beats in A1 for a further year. My mail is that not all clubs have been approached but that might just be aware of a couple of clubs saying they weren't prepared to take a chance or the club structure and personel isn't up to it. I guess this is the reason they are still in B1 and happy to stay. As a club though I would prefer to go up a grade having performed well ie winning the flag the previous year to make sure the club was ready. Flemington would be certainly not the worst if they went up that's for sure.

Cash Man;233938 said:
superfreak;233934 said:
Once he became accustomed the line and length needed out here, he was near unplayable, especially when he got the ball to reverse swing at about 140km's.

Sounds very fictional. Not sure why he's playing in the VTCA if he bowls like that.

Every chance Cheets and Cheltenham would have got a severe dose of reality had Lamb been playing in that Grand Final.

Should've kept his gob shut.

Snagglepuss;233941 said:

If you had been at the Match Committee Meeting, or had the commonsense to ask your Delegate what was discussed, you would know the true facts.

CheeQuee;233942 said:
Jeez mate, you drive a hard bargain.
That's a pretty decent return if you ask me!

I never said 50 wickets like some clown did. If he cant knock over 2 or 3 tailenders a game to get 25 or 30 is he really worth the cash?

Guru14;233859 said:
Abers have one of the best curators going around unfortunately he can only do so much with the attitude they have down there. It was uncommon for a decision to be made that the covers be left off over night to ensure that a result obviously a defeat was taken out of the equation. It amazes me that we are passionate about our cricket yet we have clubs who are happy to not play rather than providing an opportunity to play. The football club also will not let 'Spider' near the place during the season which doesn't help the likelyhood of it playing reasonably. Says a lot for the womens cricket administrators when they decided to play a district final on that ground, I guess they were always going to get a result!:D

See mate that's the one thing I know about the women they play under any conditions(safe albeit) so they can play. Iv'e been on the ground when other blokes have run off due to a bit of rain and the women stayed out there. With a few grounds in the one spot it's funny to watch actually
Needless to say the blokes lost 20 minutes of playing time and the women lost no time and finished the game !!!!!!!:D

Guru14;233946 said:
Snagglepuss, I can confirm it is 100% Abers will be the easy beats in A1 for a further year. My mail is that not all clubs have been approached but that might just be aware of a couple of clubs saying they weren't prepared to take a chance or the club structure and personel isn't up to it. I guess this is the reason they are still in B1 and happy to stay. As a club though I would prefer to go up a grade having performed well ie winning the flag the previous year to make sure the club was ready. Flemington would be certainly not the worst if they went up that's for sure.

Can Abers request to be dropped to Nth B, or are they happy to stay up?

CheeQuee;233987 said:
Can Abers request to be dropped to Nth B, or are they happy to stay up?

I would think they are happier to say they play in A1 and get flogged every week rather than say they have been relegated. Even if they were to play in B1 I wouldn't think they would make the finals unless they have picked up some serious talent. As you know all too well ones ambition sometimes overides their ability. I think this is definately the case here. Maybe the whole North A & B needs a makeover in the next year or so, so that this doesn't continue to happen. I know there's nothing wrong with playing each side twice in a one day and two day fixture it's actually a better scenario than they have had in past but I think the A1 will have a couple of teams a long way behind the better ones. Could be a long season for Avondale, Aberfeldie and west Newport have saved themselves some serious losses this year!

CheeQuee;233511 said:
You're spot on with that first comment.
You'd really only think that Jacana, Centrals or Flemington would be capable of being competitive in North A.
It's quite understandable that clubs are rejecting the offer of going up a division, if they haven't even won the flag. It's pretty demoralising to get thumped each weekend.

If Flemington are moving from Walter Street to that postage stamp on Ascot Vale Rd, they will certainly benefit from bonus points, cos they will be scoring 250+ in every home game!

Don't any of these clubs want to improve?

Do they want to spend the rest of their cricketing days wallowing in North B?

For God sake, have a crack or go play marbles.

Cash Man;233938 said:
superfreak;233934 said:
Once he became accustomed the line and length needed out here, he was near unplayable, especially when he got the ball to reverse swing at about 140km's.

Sounds very fictional. Not sure why he's playing in the VTCA if he bowls like that.

Every chance Cheets and Cheltenham would have got a severe dose of reality had Lamb been playing in that Grand Final.
but he didn't Chelt. won so move on

i agree with 'in good touch', who gives a sh*t about abers, they are a joke of a club and they would get smashed no matter where they play, a or b.

southern sledge;234090 said:
Cash Man;233938 said:
but he didn't Chelt. won so move on

And Cheetham will be exposed in Senior A so we're back to point 1. The fact that he's running through Old Mentonians and Heatherton in lowly South A surely sends shivers down the spines of Senior A bats like Hignett, Timms, Ingleton and Jones. FMG.

Chelt - what a rabble of a club. Only got up to Senior A because Lamb didn't play.

Someone please tell Steve's mates to stop posting on here and we can get back to the real interest coming up this year - like how far South Caulfield will win the flag this year now it has Mullaney.

Someone please tell Steve's mates to stop posting on here and we can get back to the real interest coming up this year - like how far South Caulfield will win the flag this year now it has Mullaney.[/QUOT

South Caulfield will battle relegation given that they will be too mentally scarred after that shallacking in the semi final.
Even with Mullaney ,definately wont challenge for top 4.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;234230 said:
southern sledge;234090 said:
And Cheetham will be exposed in Senior A so we're back to point 1. The fact that he's running through Old Mentonians and Heatherton in lowly South A surely sends shivers down the spines of Senior A bats like Hignett, Timms, Ingleton and Jones. FMG.

Chelt - what a rabble of a club. Only got up to Senior A because Lamb didn't play.

Someone please tell Steve's mates to stop posting on here and we can get back to the real interest coming up this year - like how far South Caulfield will win the flag this year now it has Mullaney.

North, the bloke plays first class cricket, so I hardly think he will be exposed by park cricketers. If anything it will make him even better.

Chelt arent a rabble of a club. They won a flag with a bunch of kids last year and one or two old heads. The club is headed in the right direction with its junior development and hopefully will consolidate itself in Senior A this year.

Even if Lamb played Ajax would have still lost. Would have been just another bloke with a heart the size of a pea. When the going gets tough we all know what happens to the Jackas.......they sh*t themselves and crumble.

BTW Heatherton play in South B1 :)

Chelt are a rabble of a club and always have been (think Dingley just closer to the beach!!)

Aren't up to Senior A standard and will get smashed.

Agree though with your point on Ajax - always the chokers!!

The reason the Jaccas made the GF was because Lamb stood up when it counted to get them there. He's always struggled against the might and power of Bentleigh though! Bentleigh for Senior Division 09/10!! Chelt no threat. Hopefully we'll get a couple more on the executive btw now and then just to be sure..

superfreak;234238 said:
NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;234230 said:
North, the bloke plays first class cricket, so I hardly think he will be exposed by park cricketers. If anything it will make him even better.

Chelt arent a rabble of a club. They won a flag with a bunch of kids last year and one or two old heads. The club is headed in the right direction with its junior development and hopefully will consolidate itself in Senior A this year.

Even if Lamb played Ajax would have still lost. Would have been just another bloke with a heart the size of a pea. When the going gets tough we all know what happens to the Jackas.......they sh*t themselves and crumble.

BTW Heatherton play in South B1 :)

You must be kidding yourself right?

Dont remember too many kids playing when we played you. Nish, D. Anderson, R. Anderson, Harvey, Rapp, Cook, Hewitt. Yeah real young side!

The CCC retirement village pinched a flag!

Taking Lamb out would have been like taking Cheetham out... Chelt would have been creamed!

DouttanProud;234232 said:
Someone please tell Steve's mates to stop posting on here and we can get back to the real interest coming up this year - like how far South Caulfield will win the flag this year now it has Mullaney.[/QUOT

South Caulfield will battle relegation given that they will be too mentally scarred after that shallacking in the semi final.
Even with Mullaney ,definately wont challenge for top 4.

Only change at South Caulfield is Mullaney in and Simpson out. If Mullaney's taking wickets they should be right up there.

Got the feeling Senior Division is going to be much more interesting this year rather than just the usual three sides dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back