VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Tubba LaBumba;275298 said:
no no Gn i have the right bloke....he was even sledged by the 16 year old and told to pitch it up...Now fark off and start your own senior A thread Khunts!

Must have been before your time son.

Both clubs won a flag a couple of years after, went up and are still in Senior Div.

Not sure where your anger is coming from (abstinence presumably), but I like it.

no no Gn i have the right bloke....he was even sledged by the 16 year old and told to pitch it up...Now fark off and start your own senior A thread Khunts!

Must have been before your time son.

Both clubs won a flag a couple of years after, went up and are still in Senior Div.

Not sure where your anger is coming from (abstinence presumably), but I like it.

Back to the talk of good allrounders knocking about in senior A...McCullam (not sure on spelling) is it i think from Hoppers was at Altona last year looked a good talent last year.Hasn't done a great deal this year but though he was decent when i saw him.any thoughts?

Back to the talk of good allrounders knocking about in senior A...McCullam (not sure on spelling) is it i think from Hoppers was at Altona last year looked a good talent last year.Hasn't done a great deal this year but though he was decent when i saw him.any thoughts?

Interesting results in snr div.
Doutta 0-2 after losing to youlden - premiership hangover??
Y/Club easy
Keilor losing 5 fa about 10 when they were almost home - what happened?
Royal Park outright over hampton - how bad hampton?
Spotty great win over Altona - almost outright
A/west just over OEG

Looks like a few clubs are fighting an uphill battle already!
Good to see a ton finally too!!

Y/Club easy
A/west just over OEG

JUSTCALLME X;275388 said:
Y/Club easy
A/west just over OEG

I had a look at Douttas after tea on Saturday. They had 3 blokes under 18 in their team so I'd say they are looking towards the future somewhat. Their opening bowler Campbell did his hamstring after bowling only 1 over I was told.

On the other hand the bloke from Youlden (Macca?) who also did his hamstring batting did extremely well considering he was practically batting on one leg.

I'm tipping the Stars to turn it around soon enough.

Looking at Keilors team they had a few kids in there too. Guerra, Kumar and Stavris all playing their 1st games.

Y/Club easy
A/west just over OEG

I had a look at Douttas after tea on Saturday. They had 3 blokes under 18 in their team so I'd say they are looking towards the future somewhat. Their opening bowler Campbell did his hamstring after bowling only 1 over I was told.

On the other hand the bloke from Youlden (Macca?) who also did his hamstring batting did extremely well considering he was practically batting on one leg.

I'm tipping the Stars to turn it around soon enough.

Looking at Keilors team they had a few kids in there too. Guerra, Kumar and Stavris all playing their 1st games.

tcnthat;275087 said:
Ha.

Good on ya Rossy. Not many put their faces out on here. Mate I played against you back in the day, couple of Senior A semis we lost (in a row) to you, so you know where I played. Plenty of spite on field, but we all still had a beer afterwards!

The entertainment works better if you send a few rockets at people...;)

I cant understand why people dont put their names on here, unless they have something to hide?

Ok so I know which club you are from, just not sure who you are? You still going around?

tcnthat;275087 said:
Ha.

Good on ya Rossy. Not many put their faces out on here. Mate I played against you back in the day, couple of Senior A semis we lost (in a row) to you, so you know where I played. Plenty of spite on field, but we all still had a beer afterwards!

I cant understand why people dont put their names on here, unless they have something to hide?

Ok so I know which club you are from, just not sure who you are? You still going around?

Tubba LaBumba;275258 said:
I also remember you...i remember a 16 year old little agro lookalike coming in at number 11 in a semi final and pulling you too the boundary with ease, saved spotty some money that year as no need to frame another runners up photo!! good dimmys though!!

no beers afterwards as the poons refused to leave there changerooms!!

Haha, well he would make 233 number 11's that have managed that!!! And GREAT dimmys!!

I also remember you...i remember a 16 year old little agro lookalike coming in at number 11 in a semi final and pulling you too the boundary with ease, saved spotty some money that year as no need to frame another runners up photo!! good dimmys though!!

Haha, well he would make 233 number 11's that have managed that!!! And GREAT dimmys!!

Again, I have been told many things, includ pitch it up, many times. Tubba, do ya self a favour and grab a Schick Ultra, fa farks sake!!

Again, I have been told many things, includ pitch it up, many times. Tubba, do ya self a favour and grab a Schick Ultra, fa farks sake!!

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;275236 said:
The Chunkster is a top bloke.

The past 3 seasons at Avondale were built around him. He stayed back for a beer and a meal after training as well. Had time to talk to you - no matter what grade you played in. His twin lookalike (Chee) is another stalwart of the club. Top bloke.

Hope the Chunk has a great year at Aberfeldie Park.

Chunk is a good cricketer and a great bloke, the problem for him is Aberfeldie Park and the fact that the club is mentally weak! The club's problem is within more so of the field than on. Matty has a huge job ahead of him trying to keep this place going forward as you can see from the first 3 games. They have beaten Craigieburn and that's all, they might have a very frustrating year this year. Too many individuals in this side to be a serious contender, which is a shame

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;275236 said:
The Chunkster is a top bloke.

The past 3 seasons at Avondale were built around him. He stayed back for a beer and a meal after training as well. Had time to talk to you - no matter what grade you played in. His twin lookalike (Chee) is another stalwart of the club. Top bloke.

Hope the Chunk has a great year at Aberfeldie Park.

Chunk is a good cricketer and a great bloke, the problem for him is Aberfeldie Park and the fact that the club is mentally weak! The club's problem is within more so of the field than on. Matty has a huge job ahead of him trying to keep this place going forward as you can see from the first 3 games. They have beaten Craigieburn and that's all, they might have a very frustrating year this year. Too many individuals in this side to be a serious contender, which is a shame

G.TURNER UPDATE. An official enquiry is to be launched into the events and behaviour of the missing in action drunk G.Turner by the green trackies President David "Whats wrong with a mullet" Singleton announced on Saturday. Turner has not been seen at the club since being awarded a life membership last year. Rumour has it that Turner now thinks the life membership is a free ticket to booze all over the world?? He was spotted during the off season with a couple of Collingwood players in a ute and was not named as the players involved didn't know who he was, they just found him asleep in the back of the ute. He was then seen at the top end tour out with Andrew Symonds fishing?? Turner again went to ground after this destroyed Roy's career with Turner stating he won't be the last one I destroy on the booze??

Heated scenes during the second test in India between Ponting and Lee were based upon Ponting saying to Lee "Who is that smelly homeless drunk you are knocking about with? No wonder you are struggling?" Lee's reply was "He's some sort of Life member??

When the prez interviewed Turners family they all denied knowing the BUM??

Anybody with information is asked to contact the Prez at YCCC so he can get back the membership of the drunk!

G.TURNER UPDATE. An official enquiry is to be launched into the events and behaviour of the missing in action drunk G.Turner by the green trackies President David "Whats wrong with a mullet" Singleton announced on Saturday. Turner has not been seen at the club since being awarded a life membership last year. Rumour has it that Turner now thinks the life membership is a free ticket to booze all over the world?? He was spotted during the off season with a couple of Collingwood players in a ute and was not named as the players involved didn't know who he was, they just found him asleep in the back of the ute. He was then seen at the top end tour out with Andrew Symonds fishing?? Turner again went to ground after this destroyed Roy's career with Turner stating he won't be the last one I destroy on the booze??

Heated scenes during the second test in India between Ponting and Lee were based upon Ponting saying to Lee "Who is that smelly homeless drunk you are knocking about with? No wonder you are struggling?" Lee's reply was "He's some sort of Life member??

When the prez interviewed Turners family they all denied knowing the BUM??

Anybody with information is asked to contact the Prez at YCCC so he can get back the membership of the drunk!

Too Old Body Broke;274735 said:
Gday all, Rossy from Spotty ere. I have heard a few of the lads talkin bout this big cricket and I thought I would check it out. Gee alot of animosity on here? And from people who do not put their name? Still, had a few laughs reading through a few posts. Keep the entertainment up please.:D
All have fun in 30 degrees tomoz:eek:

hey champ, what did you get up to on saturday while we were slugging it out on the paddock?

are you still in the carribean?

Too Old Body Broke;274735 said:
Gday all, Rossy from Spotty ere. I have heard a few of the lads talkin bout this big cricket and I thought I would check it out. Gee alot of animosity on here? And from people who do not put their name? Still, had a few laughs reading through a few posts. Keep the entertainment up please.:D
All have fun in 30 degrees tomoz:eek:

hey champ, what did you get up to on saturday while we were slugging it out on the paddock?

are you still in the carribean?

Y/Club easy
A/west just over OEG

Yes very interesting results. AWCC seem the real deal and the doubters writing off YCCC this year might end up having to eat their words.

The animals at the Zoo would have been excited with RPBCC and YPCC having convicing wins. Noticed Rutley took 8 for and DSCC still couldn't win. No Tankard, McFarlane, Lamberti, Ion or Tate - huge gaps to fill.

Y/Club easy
A/west just over OEG

Yes very interesting results. AWCC seem the real deal and the doubters writing off YCCC this year might end up having to eat their words.

The animals at the Zoo would have been excited with RPBCC and YPCC having convicing wins. Noticed Rutley took 8 for and DSCC still couldn't win. No Tankard, McFarlane, Lamberti, Ion or Tate - huge gaps to fill.

Laurie Shneider;275524 said:
I just think Maccabi AJAX are so good they will win the Premiership.

Small problem Laurie. To win the premiership you have to WIN the Grand Final not choke yet again.

And please, Dave Gelbart a good cricketer....ha! Good cheat more like it.

Laurie Shneider;275524 said:
I just think Maccabi AJAX are so good they will win the Premiership.

Small problem Laurie. To win the premiership you have to WIN the Grand Final not choke yet again.

And please, Dave Gelbart a good cricketer....ha! Good cheat more like it.

tcnthat;275087 said:
Ha.

No one would like to see my head on hear mate. I reckon I know which club you are from, not sure who you are? You still playing?

tcnthat;275087 said:
Ha.

No one would like to see my head on hear mate. I reckon I know which club you are from, not sure who you are? You still playing?

Haha wasnt the first #11 to do that, n wont be the last! And which club are you involved with? I wont bother asking who you are cause chances are you are reluctant to say?
Quality dimmies! However, can be spoiled if the soy sauce has been watered down due to low volume:cool:

Haha wasnt the first #11 to do that, n wont be the last! And which club are you involved with? I wont bother asking who you are cause chances are you are reluctant to say?
Quality dimmies! However, can be spoiled if the soy sauce has been watered down due to low volume:cool:

Gee the story has grown legs over the years. Wayne Harmes from the 15th row.........

Gee the story has grown legs over the years. Wayne Harmes from the 15th row.........

southern sledge;275538 said:
In South C1 Laurie, the ones are chokers

Far too much time being devoted to Ajax here. Laurie just cool your heels for a bit son, far too excitable, you'll do yourself some harm there. Won't win the flag simple as that, we can end this part of the thread now.

Interesting to see Strathmore got a touch up from CY's. Bowling line up for Strathmore doesn't look like it's changed too much, blokes out of form/carrying injuries? Handy game from Osborne, but would have been genuinely boring cricket out there.

Brighton may actually be the team Hoppers chokes against in the GF this year.

southern sledge;275538 said:
In South C1 Laurie, the ones are chokers

Far too much time being devoted to Ajax here. Laurie just cool your heels for a bit son, far too excitable, you'll do yourself some harm there. Won't win the flag simple as that, we can end this part of the thread now.

Interesting to see Strathmore got a touch up from CY's. Bowling line up for Strathmore doesn't look like it's changed too much, blokes out of form/carrying injuries? Handy game from Osborne, but would have been genuinely boring cricket out there.

Brighton may actually be the team Hoppers chokes against in the GF this year.

YCCC looking good but haven't beaten anyone yet, good to see O'Keefe returning to form after struggling a little last year, wonder if the captaincy has affected Baker's batting? Brown in the runs again, APW looking like a certain finals side. Hampton look to be headed back to Senior A. Doutta struggling, 8 for for Rutley prob more shows there lack of another decent bowler more than anything else. Thriller at Keilor, don't lose at home very often. Maybe Spotswood have lifted a cog this year afterall?

Wouldn't get too carried away with Brighton, both innings could have just as easily gone the other way. St Bernards are a surprise packet, are they genuine contenders? Cheltenham with a convincing win. Bentleigh look to have lost that game on the toss after a decent show in the 2nd innings. Good chase from Willy, Danny Law is producing the goods by setting up another win. Maccabi a big surprise, I guess with Lamb in there they're capable of chasing anything, just don't put them under too much pressure.

YCCC looking good but haven't beaten anyone yet, good to see O'Keefe returning to form after struggling a little last year, wonder if the captaincy has affected Baker's batting? Brown in the runs again, APW looking like a certain finals side. Hampton look to be headed back to Senior A. Doutta struggling, 8 for for Rutley prob more shows there lack of another decent bowler more than anything else. Thriller at Keilor, don't lose at home very often. Maybe Spotswood have lifted a cog this year afterall?

Wouldn't get too carried away with Brighton, both innings could have just as easily gone the other way. St Bernards are a surprise packet, are they genuine contenders? Cheltenham with a convincing win. Bentleigh look to have lost that game on the toss after a decent show in the 2nd innings. Good chase from Willy, Danny Law is producing the goods by setting up another win. Maccabi a big surprise, I guess with Lamb in there they're capable of chasing anything, just don't put them under too much pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back