VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;287335 said:
Exactly, that Keilor fan is getting a tad excited. Fact is Keilor are finally blooding some youth after 4 years of trying to buy a flag through a lot of ex district players, some of whom aren't there any more. Sth Caulfield have made a big call recruiuting Mullaney this year and he too deserves to be scrutinised as a paid player and the first big recruit Sth Caulfield have brought in.

Porter is probably the best bat in the comp, I rate him more technically correct than Baker and i'm glad the scores are starting to pile up. Hutchinson is a very, very good bowler, but apart from these two their 2nd string and younger players may end up being their downfall come the crunch games.

I'll be only too happy to be proven incorrect but that is just my view at this stage.

There is a massive, massive gap in the top six and the bottom six, but I'm putting a line through McKinnon so realistically only 5 can make it.

And one final question - when was the last time a team won the flag and was then relegated a season later? Are Doutta in trouble, or are they simply yet to click into gear?

Douttas track has been terrible, apparently quite difficult to work with from all accounts. After making the track 6 feet too long the previous week, the curator allegedly suggested he make it 6 feet too short the following week to compensate. Thats when Douttas dispensed with his services.

Anyway we should soon see a marked improvement. The two guys douttas have hired to curate there track are the epitome of curatorial excellence. Don't know if it will improve douttas game though.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;287335 said:
Exactly, that Keilor fan is getting a tad excited. Fact is Keilor are finally blooding some youth after 4 years of trying to buy a flag through a lot of ex district players, some of whom aren't there any more. Sth Caulfield have made a big call recruiuting Mullaney this year and he too deserves to be scrutinised as a paid player and the first big recruit Sth Caulfield have brought in.

Porter is probably the best bat in the comp, I rate him more technically correct than Baker and i'm glad the scores are starting to pile up. Hutchinson is a very, very good bowler, but apart from these two their 2nd string and younger players may end up being their downfall come the crunch games.

I'll be only too happy to be proven incorrect but that is just my view at this stage.

There is a massive, massive gap in the top six and the bottom six, but I'm putting a line through McKinnon so realistically only 5 can make it.

And one final question - when was the last time a team won the flag and was then relegated a season later? Are Doutta in trouble, or are they simply yet to click into gear?

Douttas track has been terrible, apparently quite difficult to work with from all accounts. After making the track 6 feet too long the previous week, the curator allegedly suggested he make it 6 feet too short the following week to compensate. Thats when Douttas dispensed with his services.

Anyway we should soon see a marked improvement. The two guys douttas have hired to curate there track are the epitome of curatorial excellence. Don't know if it will improve douttas game though.

Dingo_Jones;287742 said:

The track has been terrible huh ???
1 & 1/2 Senior games there.... Douttas made 240 and Youlden chase it down the following week... Spotty make 240 last game...
The track isnt difficult to work with , if you put the time into it , it will come up fine as it was last year....and yes , the 2 new guys have put alot of work into this week so cant see any dramas from now on

Dingo_Jones;287742 said:

The track has been terrible huh ???
1 & 1/2 Senior games there.... Douttas made 240 and Youlden chase it down the following week... Spotty make 240 last game...
The track isnt difficult to work with , if you put the time into it , it will come up fine as it was last year....and yes , the 2 new guys have put alot of work into this week so cant see any dramas from now on

southern sledge;280273 said:
I'm not touchy, its just that we don't need comparisons who is better.For years the South was the stronger cricket and now the North is. Is this due to the councils in the West and North being more community minded than some of the Southern councils who are obsessed with the user pays mentality and give no help to the clubs.
We are all in the one competition, which i reckon is pretty good so we need to all work together to make it better.

To answer the question - poker machines

southern sledge;280273 said:
I'm not touchy, its just that we don't need comparisons who is better.For years the South was the stronger cricket and now the North is. Is this due to the councils in the West and North being more community minded than some of the Southern councils who are obsessed with the user pays mentality and give no help to the clubs.
We are all in the one competition, which i reckon is pretty good so we need to all work together to make it better.

To answer the question - poker machines

I believe there may have been a sighting of Gary Turner playing in the 3rds on the back ground @ the Clubbers today.

Maybe VicPolice might be able to confirm this sighting.

I believe there may have been a sighting of Gary Turner playing in the 3rds on the back ground @ the Clubbers today.

Maybe VicPolice might be able to confirm this sighting.

Southern Son;287867 said:
Spotty in a spot of bother (pardon the pun) against Hampton - even after they elected to bowl on a rain affected track

Not Really Buddy, only 1 batsmen down. Other was a tailender. Much More batting to come. Only 2 R.P.O required.
I heard the curator forgot to take his pills in the morning. Very Sick in the Head man.

Southern Son;287867 said:
Spotty in a spot of bother (pardon the pun) against Hampton - even after they elected to bowl on a rain affected track

Not Really Buddy, only 1 batsmen down. Other was a tailender. Much More batting to come. Only 2 R.P.O required.
I heard the curator forgot to take his pills in the morning. Very Sick in the Head man.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;287918 said:
So if I use your logic - Chelsea were a better side than Yarraville last year because they beat them?

Totally different arguement. SCCC have been a regular finals participant over the last few years & have beaten Keilor more often than not since Keilor came up to Sen div.

SCCC are a better side this season than Keilor.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;287918 said:
So if I use your logic - Chelsea were a better side than Yarraville last year because they beat them?

Totally different arguement. SCCC have been a regular finals participant over the last few years & have beaten Keilor more often than not since Keilor came up to Sen div.

SCCC are a better side this season than Keilor.

DouttanProud;286339 said:
Not a bad assumption.
I'd have to agree although your comment on Douttas "having no players left" , there's still 9 players from last year. Just playing terribly as a team.

9 players from last year? Looking at yesterdays side there was only 5 players from last years premiership side, i think you'll find if you took 3 or 4 of the best players out of any side..ie Lamberti, Ion, Cooper.. they would struggle, where would yarraville be without Baker, O'keefe and Smart or Keilor without Jody, Porter, McKay?

DouttanProud;286339 said:
Not a bad assumption.
I'd have to agree although your comment on Douttas "having no players left" , there's still 9 players from last year. Just playing terribly as a team.

9 players from last year? Looking at yesterdays side there was only 5 players from last years premiership side, i think you'll find if you took 3 or 4 of the best players out of any side..ie Lamberti, Ion, Cooper.. they would struggle, where would yarraville be without Baker, O'keefe and Smart or Keilor without Jody, Porter, McKay?

spotiswoode 1888;287942 said:

Mate the mail is he does have a mental illness which I don't think would be helped by you slagging off at him...Mate just leave it alone.

Mate the mail is he does have a mental illness which I don't think would be helped by you slagging off at him...Mate just leave it alone.

i see robbo back in action with the pill .... possibly second best bowling all rounder in the comp behind daniel onas (of course) :p

i see robbo back in action with the pill .... possibly second best bowling all rounder in the comp behind daniel onas (of course) :p

Tubba LaBumba;287971 said:

Ah yes, Mr Doutta Excuser is back...Mate you can talk it up when you win but you seem to have trouble realising that when the money runs out so too do the good players...You bought a flag last year so now sit back and take your medicine this year and keep saving those pennies to have a crack at the flag again in 4 or 5 years.

Tubba LaBumba;287971 said:

Ah yes, Mr Doutta Excuser is back...Mate you can talk it up when you win but you seem to have trouble realising that when the money runs out so too do the good players...You bought a flag last year so now sit back and take your medicine this year and keep saving those pennies to have a crack at the flag again in 4 or 5 years.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;287996 said:

Money's there in abundance. Players have just got older & retired & those players weren't paid players anyway. What a better way to retire than with a flag.

You probably wouldn't know about those things though.

Go back into your hole & check your facts 1st!!!!

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;287996 said:

Money's there in abundance. Players have just got older & retired & those players weren't paid players anyway. What a better way to retire than with a flag.

Ben Dover;288002 said:

Stop your whingeing!!!

You guys have rolled out every excuse under the sun so far this year and most of us are getting sick of it.

You talked it up all of last year as cash got you a flag .. now the cash has run out and you wanna have a cry. Just s**t up, enjoy playing amateur cricket for a season, and enjoy Senior A next year.

Ben Dover;288002 said:

Stop your whingeing!!!

You guys have rolled out every excuse under the sun so far this year and most of us are getting sick of it.

You talked it up all of last year as cash got you a flag .. now the cash has run out and you wanna have a cry. Just s**t up, enjoy playing amateur cricket for a season, and enjoy Senior A next year.

Mate thats big of you slagging a guy off about an illness behind his back....but i guess that your probably the sort of bloke that wouldn't do it to someones face....this being the case your best keeping it shut.

Mate thats big of you slagging a guy off about an illness behind his back....but i guess that your probably the sort of bloke that wouldn't do it to someones face....this being the case your best keeping it shut.

Cheap Shot, if that's the case... You've got the ticker of a flea and the spine of a jellyfish to make statements like that. I'm tipping a few of the Spotty bats will have 'sick heads' after the big fella carves em' up next week

Cheap Shot, if that's the case... You've got the ticker of a flea and the spine of a jellyfish to make statements like that. I'm tipping a few of the Spotty bats will have 'sick heads' after the big fella carves em' up next week

underarm bowler;288006 said:

Southern Son;288054 said:

Settle Down Toddlers. I didn't know he was literally Mentally ill. It Now explains everything. Personally I don't fear anyone. I'm just very cautious with little quiet Asians and the Skinny's. That's IT. I deal with a diverse range of people daily. Mainly Drunks, Bumbs and those Not quite Right. The advice i give them is first to seek help. If this is not enough seek further help. Finally I offer them 1 of 2 options. Use of the Winchester ShawnOff or a drop off at the top of the Westgate in my Trusty Valiant.

BTW. Why pick on Fleas and Jellyfish. They had nothing to do with it.

underarm bowler;288006 said:

Southern Son;288054 said:

Settle Down Toddlers. I didn't know he was literally Mentally ill. It Now explains everything. Personally I don't fear anyone. I'm just very cautious with little quiet Asians and the Skinny's. That's IT. I deal with a diverse range of people daily. Mainly Drunks, Bumbs and those Not quite Right. The advice i give them is first to seek help. If this is not enough seek further help. Finally I offer them 1 of 2 options. Use of the Winchester ShawnOff or a drop off at the top of the Westgate in my Trusty Valiant.

BTW. Why pick on Fleas and Jellyfish. They had nothing to do with it.

Hi all lets get back on the cricket, some interesting games yesterday after the rain.
So lets get talking about the game or some will be not posting and we don't want it to get that way.

Hi all lets get back on the cricket, some interesting games yesterday after the rain.
So lets get talking about the game or some will be not posting and we don't want it to get that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back