VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

I dont know why you guys are discussing players who do alright but are simply park cricketers when there is a bloke of the ability of one TS Lamb playin in the VTCA. If you want to be jealous that is fine but no denying he is playing levels below his talent warrants.

I dont know why you guys are discussing players who do alright but are simply park cricketers when there is a bloke of the ability of one TS Lamb playin in the VTCA. If you want to be jealous that is fine but no denying he is playing levels below his talent warrants.

Teen Wolf;294474 said:
Heres some Chat... How about the fact that you bowl cream pies, without the cream... Body is broke alright..

Arrrghahahaha quality. Once again more quality sledging!!! As I have never heard that 1 before, do you mind if I borrow it?

Teen Wolf;294474 said:
Heres some Chat... How about the fact that you bowl cream pies, without the cream... Body is broke alright..

Arrrghahahaha quality. Once again more quality sledging!!! As I have never heard that 1 before, do you mind if I borrow it?

southern sledge;294700 said:
He played higher and couldn't perform so he now has found his right level, so get over it.

I hate to keep coming back to this but I can't let this ignorant sledge go by without returning serve.

Won an award for MCC's best young player. When put up to the Ones was batted at 7 or 8 behind the likes of Baldwin, Kent, Hodge and McDonald whehn they played. I don't know what it was like at South but Tom Donnell also left there, no doubt South was a sinking ship when both Lamb and Donnell played there, with no future at Albert Pk.

Again, I hate to keep coming back to talking abaout this as I think everyone is over it, but I also think you can show a bit more respect than your comment.

southern sledge;294700 said:
He played higher and couldn't perform so he now has found his right level, so get over it.

I hate to keep coming back to this but I can't let this ignorant sledge go by without returning serve.

Won an award for MCC's best young player. When put up to the Ones was batted at 7 or 8 behind the likes of Baldwin, Kent, Hodge and McDonald whehn they played. I don't know what it was like at South but Tom Donnell also left there, no doubt South was a sinking ship when both Lamb and Donnell played there, with no future at Albert Pk.

Again, I hate to keep coming back to talking abaout this as I think everyone is over it, but I also think you can show a bit more respect than your comment.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;294754 said:

You're right North, enough on Lamb. Results Vault shows that he batted in the top 4 a little bit at Melbourne. I think you'll find he's a very decent chap when you get him away from the cricket field.

Sounds like he might have hit Southern Sledge over the fence a few times at some stage and had a word!

You're right North, enough on Lamb. Results Vault shows that he batted in the top 4 a little bit at Melbourne. I think you'll find he's a very decent chap when you get him away from the cricket field.

Sounds like he might have hit Southern Sledge over the fence a few times at some stage and had a word!

if my swiss cheese memory serves me correctly is this the same glen mills that played for w'bee centrals about 10 years ago when they were in the wdca? captained their 1's i believe? a mate from high school used to play there and would often give him a good rap.

if my swiss cheese memory serves me correctly is this the same glen mills that played for w'bee centrals about 10 years ago when they were in the wdca? captained their 1's i believe? a mate from high school used to play there and would often give him a good rap.

For the umpteenth time, can we move on from the Lamb discussion????? Start another forum if everyone is going to talk about him an Maccabi!

What is everyones thought for a start this week? I think its highly unlikely.

For the umpteenth time, can we move on from the Lamb discussion????? Start another forum if everyone is going to talk about him an Maccabi!

JUSTCALLME X;294780 said:

I reckon we'll have Brian Quiinn telling us to report to grounds (although I am yet to get a single weather forecast correct...). We were in the same position last year, with both days of Round 6 washed out, made it an early start to the christmas party... could get messy very early again.

JUSTCALLME X;294780 said:

I reckon we'll have Brian Quiinn telling us to report to grounds (although I am yet to get a single weather forecast correct...). We were in the same position last year, with both days of Round 6 washed out, made it an early start to the christmas party... could get messy very early again.

Vicious and Well Directed;294788 said:

Agree with you Vicious. Might be some ordinary wickets prepared and interruptions to play but I think there will be cricket.

Vicious and Well Directed;294788 said:

Agree with you Vicious. Might be some ordinary wickets prepared and interruptions to play but I think there will be cricket.

North, I suggest you actually do some research on TS LAmb. He was an umittigated failure at Melbourne who was given more than enough chances to prove himself. He always batted in the top 6 and was never seen as a dangerous player to any oppposition clubs. Maybe this is what hurt his development as a player.

Moving to Sth Melb from Melbourne is the move of a player desperate to hold onto their staus as a District/Premier player and the results show the move was disastrous.

He may well be a very good player at this level as previous contributors have said, no argument there. He just never cut the mustard at the next level up. But many good cricketers never did.

Please, stop insulting the intelligence of (some) contributors to this forum by representing your opinions as facts.

North, I suggest you actually do some research on TS LAmb. He was an umittigated failure at Melbourne who was given more than enough chances to prove himself. He always batted in the top 6 and was never seen as a dangerous player to any oppposition clubs. Maybe this is what hurt his development as a player.

Moving to Sth Melb from Melbourne is the move of a player desperate to hold onto their staus as a District/Premier player and the results show the move was disastrous.

He may well be a very good player at this level as previous contributors have said, no argument there. He just never cut the mustard at the next level up. But many good cricketers never did.

Please, stop insulting the intelligence of (some) contributors to this forum by representing your opinions as facts.

Cash Man;294794 said:

Agree - i think it will depend how bad everyones grounds were after the weekend, and how much work can be done on them this week depending on additional rain. Some will obviously be a lot worse than others.

I have a feeling it could also be an early start to the xmas parties!

Cash Man;294794 said:

Agree - i think it will depend how bad everyones grounds were after the weekend, and how much work can be done on them this week depending on additional rain. Some will obviously be a lot worse than others.

I have a feeling it could also be an early start to the xmas parties!

It was not a sledge at all, i was saying what is true.It is a forum for discussion on the VTCA, Lamb is high profile because he played District cricket for Melbourne and now plays for Maccabi.It has nothing to do with respect

It was not a sledge at all, i was saying what is true.It is a forum for discussion on the VTCA, Lamb is high profile because he played District cricket for Melbourne and now plays for Maccabi.It has nothing to do with respect

Imnotgoing2lie2u;294694 said:

As a famous Sunshine/Hoppers ex-coach used to say, "water will always find its own level".

Never a wiser word spoken.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;294694 said:

As a famous Sunshine/Hoppers ex-coach used to say, "water will always find its own level".

Never a wiser word spoken.

BubbleButtRutts;294796 said:

Seems a pretty reasonable synopsis Bubble. Left Melbourne as a 19yo after 30 games in the firsts. It's a shame, might have cut the mustard if he'd been more patient.

BubbleButtRutts;294796 said:

Seems a pretty reasonable synopsis Bubble. Left Melbourne as a 19yo after 30 games in the firsts. It's a shame, might have cut the mustard if he'd been more patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back