VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

It's a bit rich being called cheats by a team that claimed a 2 bounce catch & had a 'professional' cricketer bowling intentional no balls trying pathetically to hurt people. Did u c that with your all seeing eyes superfreak??? Your club will enjoy playing Bentleigh...peas in a pod.

Yet again I ask u why does this comp insist on playing meaningless cricket by playing out overs not playing to results? It is so stupid a 3rd innings begins in a OD game unless an outright result is possible.. also a 10 over (9 in lower grades) bowler max is needed. only using 2 bowlers is not good for the game.

It's a bit rich being called cheats by a team that claimed a 2 bounce catch & had a 'professional' cricketer bowling intentional no balls trying pathetically to hurt people. Did u c that with your all seeing eyes superfreak??? Your club will enjoy playing Bentleigh...peas in a pod.

Yet again I ask u why does this comp insist on playing meaningless cricket by playing out overs not playing to results? It is so stupid a 3rd innings begins in a OD game unless an outright result is possible.. also a 10 over (9 in lower grades) bowler max is needed. only using 2 bowlers is not good for the game.

bonus points must go;301938 said:

Who was the bowler and how far over the line are we talking??

I have never been able to understand why this comp plays out 80/160 overs in a game regardless. For a start, not all grounds are the same size, thus giving home sides that have small grounds a huge advantage. Perhaps it is time they looked at how the District and Subbies do it. Thoughts?:confused:

Who was the bowler and how far over the line are we talking??

I have never been able to understand why this comp plays out 80/160 overs in a game regardless. For a start, not all grounds are the same size, thus giving home sides that have small grounds a huge advantage. Perhaps it is time they looked at how the District and Subbies do it. Thoughts?:confused:

It's a bit rich linking Chelt and Bentleigh. If ever there were two sides more closely linked in on field behaviour (whinging, squabbling, threatening umps, complaining re covers, boundaries, quality of wicket, size of stumps, force of the breeze, it would be Bentleigh and Brighton District.

It's a bit rich linking Chelt and Bentleigh. If ever there were two sides more closely linked in on field behaviour (whinging, squabbling, threatening umps, complaining re covers, boundaries, quality of wicket, size of stumps, force of the breeze, it would be Bentleigh and Brighton District.

Superfreak what is this saying that Brighton have so many cheats? Cheltenham over the years don't have the best reputation. Doesn't sit any better when your pommie import deliberatley tries to bowl bouncers in the 2nd dig from 18 yards with the intention to cause injury.....i think he just sooked up a bit with the result! Yes i did also sight a claimed catch on the
2nd bounce as well....
In terms of Premierships well Brighton have a lot more chance of winning 1 this year as opposed to Chelt. Good luck with the footy!

Superfreak what is this saying that Brighton have so many cheats? Cheltenham over the years don't have the best reputation. Doesn't sit any better when your pommie import deliberatley tries to bowl bouncers in the 2nd dig from 18 yards with the intention to cause injury.....i think he just sooked up a bit with the result! Yes i did also sight a claimed catch on the
2nd bounce as well....
In terms of Premierships well Brighton have a lot more chance of winning 1 this year as opposed to Chelt. Good luck with the footy!

pdog pizza's;302086 said:
2nd bounce as well....

You are right about the opening bowler. He is just a big sook :D. The umpiring during the game was average at best. Probably the main reason why things got a bit heated. Good luck playing your average divvy 2 SFL footy pdog.

pdog pizza's;302086 said:
2nd bounce as well....

You are right about the opening bowler. He is just a big sook :D. The umpiring during the game was average at best. Probably the main reason why things got a bit heated. Good luck playing your average divvy 2 SFL footy pdog.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;302068 said:

Boundaries??? If you mean varying length of boundaries each week you obviously haven't played at Arthur Street.

I am assuming that as soon as a club puts in a protest, they are labelled a whinging, squabbling, cheat of a club even if the protest is upheld.

I would think the last thing either Brighton District or Bentleigh want is to be linked with each other in any way.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;302068 said:

Boundaries??? If you mean varying length of boundaries each week you obviously haven't played at Arthur Street.

I am assuming that as soon as a club puts in a protest, they are labelled a whinging, squabbling, cheat of a club even if the protest is upheld.

I would think the last thing either Brighton District or Bentleigh want is to be linked with each other in any way.

Northern $uper$tars;302887 said:

it depends, if u get thrashed on the field so protest to get results even though you know you have been thrashed then yes u r sooks & cheats.

Brighton District could not b further from Bentleigh in the way they try to win games..

Northern $uper$tars;302887 said:

it depends, if u get thrashed on the field so protest to get results even though you know you have been thrashed then yes u r sooks & cheats.

Brighton District could not b further from Bentleigh in the way they try to win games..

Tell me one fast bowler that doesnt bowl bouncers hoping to hit the batsman. The no ball situation was just a big build up of frustration wouldn't have eventuated had the umpiring been up to standard, the pitch in a semi playable condition, and our batting line up not losing 8/20odd. It has to worry you when the first 2 balls of the day pitched fairly short, but barely bounce above ankle height, and both umpires made the comment that we would have had more consistent bounce had we played down at the beach.

In regards to the 'two bounce' catch, its amazing how many witnesses have popped up from a team sitting 50-60metres away with a slips cordon in front of them. From someone that was 2 metres away from the catch, I can tell you that the ball definately didn't bounce anywhere near the slips, it hit our blokes shin/foot then went straight in the air. I understand that it may have been a bump-ball but that decision is for the umps, and at the speed it went at, it looked like a genuine edge.

We have also played Bentleigh the last two weeks (1s and 2s) and they were actually pretty good blokes. Hung round for a few beers and a chat for fair while after both games.

Tell me one fast bowler that doesnt bowl bouncers hoping to hit the batsman. The no ball situation was just a big build up of frustration wouldn't have eventuated had the umpiring been up to standard, the pitch in a semi playable condition, and our batting line up not losing 8/20odd. It has to worry you when the first 2 balls of the day pitched fairly short, but barely bounce above ankle height, and both umpires made the comment that we would have had more consistent bounce had we played down at the beach.

In regards to the 'two bounce' catch, its amazing how many witnesses have popped up from a team sitting 50-60metres away with a slips cordon in front of them. From someone that was 2 metres away from the catch, I can tell you that the ball definately didn't bounce anywhere near the slips, it hit our blokes shin/foot then went straight in the air. I understand that it may have been a bump-ball but that decision is for the umps, and at the speed it went at, it looked like a genuine edge.

We have also played Bentleigh the last two weeks (1s and 2s) and they were actually pretty good blokes. Hung round for a few beers and a chat for fair while after both games.

The Showman;303237 said:

There is a massive difference between bowling bouncers to hurt & deliberatley coming closer to the batsman than the crease to do it. It is cheating & if the tactic worked I'm sure the conequences would have been major for the bowler & your club. It shows a lack of confidence in his ability to have to resort to those tactics & to blame umpires, his teammates or the pitch is not good enough. I'm not sure why u want to support that sort of behaviour Showman

I agree with your point about people not seeing the catch making statements but u seem to acknowledge at the least it was a bump ball.. so the umps were poor again (why r they all 70+ years?).

The Dendy Park pitch is not good enough. An offer was made in an earlier post to help us make it better. It's no fun having to play on it every 2nd week!

I played Bentleigh 2's last year & they were good enough blokes and a good side, but the club doesn't play in the spirit of the game..

The Showman;303237 said:

There is a massive difference between bowling bouncers to hurt & deliberatley coming closer to the batsman than the crease to do it. It is cheating & if the tactic worked I'm sure the conequences would have been major for the bowler & your club. It shows a lack of confidence in his ability to have to resort to those tactics & to blame umpires, his teammates or the pitch is not good enough. I'm not sure why u want to support that sort of behaviour Showman

I agree with your point about people not seeing the catch making statements but u seem to acknowledge at the least it was a bump ball.. so the umps were poor again (why r they all 70+ years?).

The Dendy Park pitch is not good enough. An offer was made in an earlier post to help us make it better. It's no fun having to play on it every 2nd week!

I played Bentleigh 2's last year & they were good enough blokes and a good side, but the club doesn't play in the spirit of the game..

Back into this week boys. Who's gonna win???

OEG v Y/P - OEG 1st win to get off bottom
Hamp v A/W - A/W too strong
RPB v Doutta - RPB too strong
Keilor V Mck - Match of round - Keilor just at home
Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy
Spot V Sth Caul - Sth Caul just

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy

bonus points must go;303589 said:

Bowling no-balls on purpose is an old tactic often used to frustrate batsmen. Especially batsmen who want to get off strike. That tactic is often used on the last ball of the day before stumps are drawn, when the batting side has to come back next week.

As far as bowling no-balls two or more metres over the line is concerned, that is a low act. The umpire after speaking to the skipper has the right to order the offender removed from the attack for the rest of the innings.

bonus points must go;303589 said:

Bowling no-balls on purpose is an old tactic often used to frustrate batsmen. Especially batsmen who want to get off strike. That tactic is often used on the last ball of the day before stumps are drawn, when the batting side has to come back next week.

As far as bowling no-balls two or more metres over the line is concerned, that is a low act. The umpire after speaking to the skipper has the right to order the offender removed from the attack for the rest of the innings.

JUSTCALLME X;304397 said:

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy

Some good quality matches this week.
Youlden just
Airport West comfortably
RPB
Keilor but only just
YC by a long way
Spotty in a tight one

Senior A
BD v United - Brighton comfortably
St.B v Beauy - St. Bernards in a canter
Chelt v Druids - Tight one, Druids just
Bent v Strath - Bentleigh
CYMS v Ajax - Even the greatest allrounders in the world won't help Ajax here
MHSOB v HC - Hoppers could score 300 at that ground against that attack

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy

Some good quality matches this week.
Youlden just
Airport West comfortably
RPB
Keilor but only just
YC by a long way
Spotty in a tight one

Senior A
BD v United - Brighton comfortably
St.B v Beauy - St. Bernards in a canter
Chelt v Druids - Tight one, Druids just
Bent v Strath - Bentleigh
CYMS v Ajax - Even the greatest allrounders in the world won't help Ajax here
MHSOB v HC - Hoppers could score 300 at that ground against that attack

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy

Anyone want yo have a go at getting the highest run scorer in each game?
OEG v Y/P - D Skate
Hamp v A/W - Brown
RPB v Doutta - C Hillas
Keilor v McK - Porter
Y/C v A/N - Bakes due surely!
Spot v Sth Caul - Davies at home loves Spotty!

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy

Anyone want yo have a go at getting the highest run scorer in each game?
OEG v Y/P - D Skate
Hamp v A/W - Brown
RPB v Doutta - C Hillas
Keilor v McK - Porter
Y/C v A/N - Bakes due surely!
Spot v Sth Caul - Davies at home loves Spotty!

Maccabi AJAX take on Royal Park Brunswick Wednesday night in twenty twenty match and will show everyone how Maccabi AJAX are the best side in the VTCA.

Maccabi AJAX take on Royal Park Brunswick Wednesday night in twenty twenty match and will show everyone how Maccabi AJAX are the best side in the VTCA.

Laurie Shneider;304932 said:

Laurie do you think one can judge team supremacy over a game of pyjama cricket?

Granted Maccabi AJAX would win any vtca 20/20 competition as it is a game of all rounders and we have two superstars in our ranks who could do the same job for this wonderful country as Andrew Mcdonald is.

Laurie Shneider;304932 said:

Granted Maccabi AJAX would win any vtca 20/20 competition as it is a game of all rounders and we have two superstars in our ranks who could do the same job for this wonderful country as Andrew Mcdonald is.

while Im at it, the IPL has teams which are made up of half international superstars and half very average cricketers. Given their bowling ability does anyone else think that D Onas and D Gelbart should be offered contracts in the IPL?

while Im at it, the IPL has teams which are made up of half international superstars and half very average cricketers. Given their bowling ability does anyone else think that D Onas and D Gelbart should be offered contracts in the IPL?

Imnotgoing2lie2u;304961 said:

you must be kidding me saying that maccabi ajax would be the best 2020 team because of 2 good allrounders. i will gurantee you that royal park brunswick will win the game with their accurate bowling.
but your right notgoing2lie2u, cant judge a team on a 2020 game

Imnotgoing2lie2u;304961 said:

you must be kidding me saying that maccabi ajax would be the best 2020 team because of 2 good allrounders. i will gurantee you that royal park brunswick will win the game with their accurate bowling.
but your right notgoing2lie2u, cant judge a team on a 2020 game

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy
Spotty should have a win against South Caulfield as the Russell brothers are overseas, that should be the only upset this week.

Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy
Spotty should have a win against South Caulfield as the Russell brothers are overseas, that should be the only upset this week.

southern sledge;305332 said:

well knowing that now, i will change to Spotty. DOnt think it will be a real upset... 6 v 7

southern sledge;305332 said:

well knowing that now, i will change to Spotty. DOnt think it will be a real upset... 6 v 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back