Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

Is there an option to go back to the old skin? The white is too bright, the formatting is terrible and the lack of using the full screen really does annoy me.

@administratorSSSSS
it seems batting, Pace Bowling section is not very active... try to energise them
  • Is it possible to categorise members here in different sub category like coach (Batting/ Bowling)/ fielding/ fitness), professional player, batsman, pacer, biomechanic expert, nutritionist, Enthusiast etc..
  • It will be good if we add video analyser (like Quintic, Kinovea, skill spector) for online analysis by the expert

@administratorSSSSS
it seems batting, Pace Bowling section is not very active... try to energise them
  • Is it possible to categorise members here in different sub category like coach (Batting/ Bowling)/ fielding/ fitness), professional player, batsman, pacer, biomechanic expert, nutritionist, Enthusiast etc..
  • It will be good if we add video analyser (like Quintic, Kinovea, skill spector) for online analysis by the expert

They're fighting the almighty presence of Facebook, Facebook is like Soma (Aldous Huxley) http://www.huxley.net/soma/somaquote.html

What's going on over there?

Just looked. This is there spin threads... http://www.planetcricket.net/forums/your-cricket/spin-bowling-thread-26539-6.html :rolleyes:

6 Pages, a handful of words not even constituting a paragraph as an answer in most cases. I think I'll stay here!

Yeah this forum is certainly best for talking spin bowling haha, the problem is I don't always want to talk about spin, when I've tried to talk about some other cricket stuff, maybe one person comments.

Yeah this forum is certainly best for talking spin bowling haha, the problem is I don't always want to talk about spin, when I've tried to talk about some other cricket stuff, maybe one person comments.

The bowling threads are active but I'm with you on your second point, I like talking about just following the game but am close to giving up on the board due to lack of activity.

There are a few things going on behind the scenes at the moment, hopefully some new plans will come to fruition in the next few months and we can get the site going again.

I would hazard a guess that having an active admin/mod team would be massive step towards improving this place. It really is the pits at the moment. Spam galore and pretty much every new sign up a bot.

Design/content is poor but then again this is the unwanted child of the big group.

I would hazard a guess that having an active admin/mod team would be massive step towards improving this place. It really is the pits at the moment. Spam galore and pretty much every new sign up a bot.

Design/content is poor but then again this is the unwanted child of the big group.
That is an issue, but we are now getting back up to speed again. Over the next few weeks, expect to notice a few changes that should lead to a re-invigorated BigCricket

I am reading this place the last rites. It has had it - terminal decline.

Might as well lose 95% of the board and simply have the club cricket forums up front. No-one is interested in talking about the other topics with a load of spam bots.

I am reading this place the last rites. It has had it - terminal decline.

Might as well lose 95% of the board and simply have the club cricket forums up front. No-one is interested in talking about the other topics with a load of spam bots.

The relaunch of BigCricket will be going ahead pretty soon, hopefully within a couple of weeks. Please be patient as a lot of work has gone in over the past few weeks to fix up the site in order to go ahead with the relaunch.

A couple of things for the other admins. Firstly, many of the new members aren't able to post or create threads in the Introductions Board forum (even after their first day) which makes that forum pointless. Also, I think we need to get rid of the "can't post on the first day" thingy as while there will be more spammers...I believe it's chasing potential members away as well.

Also, we need to make it more clear to new members that they can't post threads until they reach 25 posts instead of leaving them in the dark and potentially chasing them off the forum. We could write up a standard welcome message that could be sent to every new member, explaining all these things to them and welcoming each and every one of them. At the moment...I've been individually welcoming every new member but it'd be more efficient if there was a standard welcome message.

Just my thoughts
Cheers

A couple of things for the other admins. Firstly, many of the new members aren't able to post or create threads in the Introductions Board forum (even after their first day) which makes that forum pointless. Also, I think we need to get rid of the "can't post on the first day" thingy as while there will be more spammers...I believe it's chasing potential members away as well.

Also, we need to make it more clear to new members that they can't post threads until they reach 25 posts instead of leaving them in the dark and potentially chasing them off the forum. We could write up a standard welcome message that could be sent to every new member, explaining all these things to them and welcoming each and every one of them. At the moment...I've been individually welcoming every new member but it'd be more efficient if there was a standard welcome message.

Just my thoughts
Cheers

You are absolutely right .I am member since 3 days I guess and I still can't start a thread

Hello to the Administrators. Can any anyone please tell me that why I am still not able to start a thread not even in the introductions board while I have posted more than 25 messages ?? There is a message at the bottom of every forum which says "you have insufficient privileges to post here". Please help me:(:(

Hello to the Administrators. Can any anyone please tell me that why I am still not able to start a thread not even in the introductions board while I have posted more than 25 messages ?? There is a message at the bottom of every forum which says "you have insufficient privileges to post here". Please help me:(:(

I think the threshold to create threads is 100 posts. I will have to investigate and check what it is, jim boy jim boy and Chief will know more than me though.

The limits were added as we had a spam attack a while ago which riddled the site full of spam messages. To combat this the thresholds were set so that an attack like that could be prevented in the future.

Back