Ways to improve BigCricket...help us make the site better

I think the threshold to create threads is 100 posts. I will have to investigate and check what it is, Jim Boy and Chief Chief will know more than me though.

I've been telling people it's 25 posts before you can create a thread...gah. :eek: I know it's not as high as one hundred though as some of the newer members are posting threads before reaching that number of posts.

Every now and then, when I finish typing a post and click 'Post Reply', instead of that little loading bar coming down at the top and the message actually posting, the page will just go blank. It seems the ads are getting in the way, and the unloaded ad prevents the page from being loaded. The post actually goes through -- if you just go back to the forum page where your new post should be and refresh it, your new post will magically appear. It happened just before, and seeing this thread get bumped, I thought I'd raise it here.

I've been telling people it's 25 posts before you can create a thread...gah. :eek: I know it's not as high as one hundred though as some of the newer members are posting threads before reaching that number of posts.

It might be 50 but like I said I'm not 100% sure. I think there is also a time limit to as in you need to be a member for a certain timeframe (e.g a week) before you can create threads. The more senior administrators will know for sure though.

I had the ability to make threads for a day, and then i lost it...I have made past 25 replies but the problem still persists

I've had a look around but I don't have access to change or look at that sort of info. I've logged this with the major admins so hopefully they will get onto this very soon.

well, when I accessed this site from my phone, it was tailored to iPhone. As a user of several forums past and present, that's the first time that has ever happened, and I got excited. I hate typing on my phone, though, so I'll almost never be utilising it.

We need to make the non-cricket threads more interesting and more active. Because the forums are reasonably active every time there is a lot of cricket on but always die off when there's not much cricket going on around the world.

We could start running competitions or start some spam games? We just need to change it up a bit.

Spam games isn't really a good idea but other sorts of competitions or other games would be good. Perhaps a tipping competition or a fantasy points game.

Yeah, how about one of those spot-betting things that the betting agencies do, but without paying or stuff, so like the highest score in an inning by a single batsmen, etc... and then people votw which is best

That's very similar to what I've suggested. I just want to keep it simple eh haha.

You could also do a fantasy points competition for a series where players pick an 11 and their players score points for certain disciplines (e.g one point for every run scored, 20 points per wicket and 10 points per catch/run out etc.).

There's a whole host of games available if you're willing to run them. I'm happy to help you get started if need be.

You could also do a fantasy points competition for a series where players pick an 11 and their players score points for certain disciplines (e.g one point for every run scored, 20 points per wicket and 10 points per catch/run out etc.).

There's a whole host of games available if you're willing to run them. I'm happy to help you get started if need be.

I will if anybodies keen?

To the admins who have the ability: could you please at least try and fix the problem with the introduction forum? I get heaps and heaps of disgruntled members contact me about starting threads. I can understand the system in place but not being able to start an introduction thread until you've posted fifty times is plain ridiculous.

To the admins who have the ability: could you please at least try and fix the problem with the introduction forum? I get heaps and heaps of disgruntled members contact me about starting threads. I can understand the system in place but not being able to start an introduction thread until you've posted fifty times is plain ridiculous.

Chief Chief , can you please sort this out so that it is at a more acceptable limit?

This is 15 posts, not 50. Has been for a while. Are users still not getting new thread privileges?

Back