WDCA Under 17s

Re: WDCA Under 17s

Cricket Addict;200330 said:
They should be in the a's. How can you have 6 a teams and 14 b teams. Ridiculous. Your willi b team could also play a's lol.

good post.....

willy b's would be definately be good enough to play in a grade...and wouldnt it be great to beat wezza twice in 1 year.......hahahahaha........goes to show the talent at our great club........

again ive herd a few teams who were selected to play in a grade not take up the challenge of the top comp........soft in my opinion......play the best to get the best out of yourself is my opinion.......@|

Right Arm Speed;200150 said:
What do u guys think of Lavertons Scott Mills? Hes at North Melbourne this year and is still under 17's but playing at a premier club in a great league.

ive got no prob's kids playing at a higher level but give a bit back to who got you there i say........still could play jnrs as ive had 4 players playing jnrs and then go onto play in district 3rd's and 4th's in the arvo in the last couple of years.........then again how strong will the willy a's have been if he is opening the bowling......mmmmmmm

Young Willi Lad;200243 said:
Jeremy Ollis plays b's down at Willi.
I have asked him to come up to the a's, he would be a great 1st change bowler for us but he wants to play in the b's with his mates.
Its a shame he is a good bowler.
Luka Papac is a good cricketer but his batting is a lot better than his bowling.
I agree with the statement that Yarraville are a team of individuals and not a 'team' they should be in the a comp considering they have three 2nd XI sub district players in their team.

hey y.w.l imagine if dan davis starts to bowl.......fair attack......with plenty of heat........

weapons05/06;200338 said:
ive got no prob's kids playing at a higher then again how strong will the willy a's have been if he is opening the bowling......mmmmmmm

your teams have got ALOT of talent and depth, it wouldn't surprise me if you went the whole way

the calibre of talent is nowhere near as good as in 05/06 or 06/07. Willy and Werribee sides of those years would smash any side from today.

Right Arm Speed;200441 said:
the calibre of talent is nowhere near as good as in 05/06 or 06/07. Willy and Werribee sides of those years would smash any side from today.

Yep absolutely, from what i knew they had alot of really good players from Willi and Werribee.

Cricket Addict;200505 said:
Yep absolutely, from what i knew they had alot of really good players from Willi and Werribee.

yer some good players but a great coach who led them well........:rolleyes:

Cricket Addict;200553 said:
I'm guessing that was you.

hence the name weapons05/06......your pretty spot on@| @|

did u play against the willy sides of 05/06 and 06/07??? 23 and 3 win/loss ratio as a coach so yer im proud of the way the boys played under me though back to back would have been nice......dont like losing to werribee.......

if u did how did u go against us..........?

weapons05/06;200561 said:
hence the name weapons05/06......your pretty spot on@| @|

did u play against the willy sides of 05/06 and 06/07??? 23 and 3 win/loss ratio as a coach so yer im proud of the way the boys played under me though back to back would have been nice......dont like losing to werribee.......

if u did how did u go against us..........?

Well i was top age 15's last season, and bottom age 15's in 05/06. So no i didn't.

Cricket Addict;200681 said:
No i won't be another of your endless recruits.

kids come to play at 1 of the best jnr clubs in the comp cause we are successful and its not of my doing.......good people running it=talented kids=success and then into our snr teams which go alright aswell.........

do you play for fun or to win..........?

weapons05/06;200688 said:
kids come to play at 1 of the best jnr clubs in the comp cause we are successful and its not of my doing.......good people running it=talented kids=success and then into our snr teams which go alright aswell.........

i play for both

Right Arm Speed;200441 said:

I cant agree with you entirely there.
Werribee of 06/07 is the best out of the 3 of them.
But i rate willi 07/08 better than the side i played in 06/07, and i cant say for 05/06 but id say it would be close.
Weapons wont like that a whole lot.
And yes it would be good if Dan Davis could bowl in the 2nd half of the season.

Now Pat.
You said you were an a's player but you have only played 2 games.
Bit stiff to get dropped after our game i thought you were tidy.
Do you know why you were dropped?

weapons05/06;200688 said:

I would have thought that the percentage of players that crossover from juniors to seniors would be very low. This is not just the case at Willi it happens everywhere so I don't think your bolded statement is correct.

Young Willi Lad;201021 said:
Now Pat.
You said you were an a's player but you have only played 2 games.
Bit stiff to get dropped after our game i thought you were tidy.
Do you know why you were dropped?

I was injured, i kept playing tho but in the b's and i didn't play seniors. It was hard for me to run let alone bowl. But I'm good now.

bandit;201060 said:
I would have thought that the percentage of players that crossover from juniors to seniors would be very low. This is not just the case at Willi it happens everywhere so I don't think your bolded statement is correct.

correct and im dissapointed that the kids i coached are playing elsewhere or not playing at all..........all the kids playing snrs this year are performing well and keeping their spots.......

Back