WDCA Under 17s

Re: WDCA Under 17s

Young Willi Lad;201020 said:
I cant agree with you entirely there.
Werribee of 06/07 is the best out of the 3 of them.
But i rate willi 07/08 better than the side i played in 06/07, and i cant say for 05/06 but id say it would be close.
Weapons wont like that a whole lot.
And yes it would be good if Dan Davis could bowl in the 2nd half of the season.

now big red.........
wezza 06/07 team was good but the team of 05/06 i had would have eaten them alive.........we cant say cause it couldnt happen ill gladly put the team of 05/06 up against wezza of 06/07.........
no doubt the side this year is better than last and arnt i just happy about not coaching........anyway i love seeing you kids do well and i wanna see use win the lot........might make the pain of last year ease a little.........but for you guys to do it would be great for the boys in the team cause you will never forget it.......
07/08 team has proven nothing yet yes on top long way to go yet my young friend.........maybe the coach might read this so i will say a little bit with out going over the top........gotta harden up cap......stop dropping catches.......bowlers have to be on the top of off.........plenty of fire power with the bat but use do get scored heavily against.........so if the flag is on your mind which it probably is with the talent in front of you........talent means fark all.......''team'' wins you matches/finals

there's my take what do you think.......:eek:

bandit;201060 said:
I would have thought that the percentage of players that crossover from juniors to seniors would be very low. This is not just the case at Willi it happens everywhere so I don't think your bolded statement is correct.

Now bandit i cant agree there.
If you were playing this year maybe you would realise that every single player that is playing 17a's is playing seniors for us.
We have also had 5 kids play seniors who play in teh 17b's and 4 play seniors that play under 15's so im saying that most kids now would go on to play seniors.

Cricket Addict;201086 said:
I was injured, i kept playing tho but in the b's and i didn't play seniors. It was hard for me to run let alone bowl. But I'm good now.

Good to hear.
Who have you guys got first game back?
Expecting to win or not so confident?

weapons05/06;201143 said:
now big red.........
wezza 06/07 team was good but the team of 05/06 i had would have eaten them alive.........we cant say cause it couldnt happen ill gladly put the team of 05/06 up against wezza of 06/07.........
no doubt the side this year is better than last and arnt i just happy about not coaching........anyway i love seeing you kids do well and i wanna see use win the lot........might make the pain of last year ease a little.........but for you guys to do it would be great for the boys in the team cause you will never forget it.......
07/08 team has proven nothing yet yes on top long way to go yet my young friend.........maybe the coach might read this so i will say a little bit with out going over the top........gotta harden up cap......stop dropping catches.......bowlers have to be on the top of off.........plenty of fire power with the bat but use do get scored heavily against.........so if the flag is on your mind which it probably is with the talent in front of you........talent means fark all.......''team'' wins you matches/finals

there's my take what do you think.......:eek:

Ill start with your first paragraph dogga.
Werribee 06/07 would beat Willi 05/06 in my opinion you just have to look at the players of wbee where they have gone on to play now days as to where the willi boys have gone. The Williamstown players of 07/08 will go further in there cricket than the past 2 teams before them. Gillard and Weston are the only ones to go and play district out of those sides, i think that there could be 5 or 6 go on and play district from this years side with Handcock already there.

In relation to your other comment our bowlers have been outstanding all year and knocked 2 sides over for under a hundred and havent had 200 scored against us yet so i cant say they have been bad.

I believe our fielding needs to pick up and i think that our batsmen will continue to fire with Dan to fire up after xmas and score runs by the plenty.

Valid statements or not?
Also i would like to hear from Werribee maybe Mitcha you could give us some feedback?

Young Willi Lad;201274 said:
Good to hear.
Who have you guys got first game back?
Expecting to win or not so confident?

Against Werribee at Werribee. We did lose to them last time but from what i heard we were quite unlucky. I haven't played them yet so i don't know what they're like. I know they've got a few good players. We'll see. Hopefully we win.

Cricket Addict;201306 said:
Against Werribee at Werribee. We did lose to them last time but from what i heard we were quite unlucky. I haven't played them yet so i don't know what they're like. I know they've got a few good players. We'll see. Hopefully we win.

Yes well its a 1dayer so anything can happen.
There batting is definetly there strength with good players such as Hill, Fratantaro and Freeman.
I think your in luck because Hill couldn't play for the Western Spirit because of injury so he could be out, im not sure if he will be right by saturday week.

Young Willi Lad;201275 said:
Ill start with your first paragraph dogga.
Werribee 06/07 would beat Willi 05/06 in my opinion you just have to look at the players of wbee where they have gone on to play now days as to where the willi boys have gone. The Williamstown players of 07/08 will go further in there cricket than the past 2 teams before them. Gillard and Weston are the only ones to go and play district out of those sides, i think that there could be 5 or 6 go on and play district from this years side with Handcock already there.

In relation to your other comment our bowlers have been outstanding all year and knocked 2 sides over for under a hundred and havent had 200 scored against us yet so i cant say they have been bad.

I believe our fielding needs to pick up and i think that our batsmen will continue to fire with Dan to fire up after xmas and score runs by the plenty.

Valid statements or not?
Also i would like to hear from Werribee maybe Mitcha you could give us some feedback?

ok you've got it all wrong my friend........werribee 06/07 team only had 2 good players.........the others were ok but had nothing on my 05/06 side.....
9 quality allrounders i mean can bat from anywhere from open to 9 and do the job........when asked.......cant get any more balanced than that......no 1 made a score over 150 against us except in the granny.........but we made 240..........so who cares.......we dropped 5 catches all year.........and won outright twice which in the current 50 over game is pretty hard.........5 of my bowlers got over 15 wickets and had averages under 20.......4 batsmen made over 300

hancock is playing at willy but isnt a willy boy........why is he playing at willy reasons please..........?

when our side was up and running you can add kappa d-maz to play at district level so thats 4.....luke kyriakides call ward and fin adamson playing at jets......callan ward now at the bulldogs.....you name your 5 or 6......i can name 3.....that definatly have got what it takes but wether they go or not we will have to wait and see.......

you know what 9 players from my team of 05/06 are still playing at other clubs only 1 still at willy........shattered........things like footy girls going out on the fizz nightclubs work even.........just you wait and see how many will be playing.......

your bowlers arnt disciplined enough and dont bowl enogh tight overs......puts you under pressure......

just remember what happened after chrissy with dan last year.........

another thing 05/06 have it on the board underfeated i might add already as i say long way to go for you boys.........i wanna see you guys win but dont question my UNDERFEATED premiership team ever again.........

Young Willi Lad;201273 said:
Now bandit i cant agree there.
If you were playing this year maybe you would realise that every single player that is playing 17a's is playing seniors for us.
We have also had 5 kids play seniors who play in teh 17b's and 4 play seniors that play under 15's so im saying that most kids now would go on to play seniors.

What you have said has always been the case, but as soon as these kids stop playing juniors the numbers will drop away.

Your statement also reflects that the number of actual 'senior' players has dropped away. You are suggesting that as many as 20 out of the 44 that play senior cricket are still competing in under-age comps too.

Weapons post above reflects what I have said in that only 1 of his U/17 team is still at the club from just 2 seasons ago.

bandit;201392 said:
What you have said has always been the case, but as soon as these kids stop playing juniors the numbers will drop away.

Your statement also reflects that the number of actual 'senior' players has dropped away. You are suggesting that as many as 20 out of the 44 that play senior cricket are still competing in under-age comps too.

Weapons post above reflects what I have said in that only 1 of his U/17 team is still at the club from just 2 seasons ago.

That is a valid point. The only thing we can do is wait and see but i reckon there will be at least 5.

weapons05/06;201327 said:
ok you've got it all wrong my friend........werribee 06/07 team only had 2 good players.........the others were ok but had nothing on my 05/06 side.....
9 quality allrounders i mean can bat from anywhere from open to 9 and do the job........when asked.......cant get any more balanced than that......no 1 made a score over 150 against us except in the granny.........but we made 240..........so who cares.......we dropped 5 catches all year.........and won outright twice which in the current 50 over game is pretty hard.........5 of my bowlers got over 15 wickets and had averages under 20.......4 batsmen made over 300

hancock is playing at willy but isnt a willy boy........why is he playing at willy reasons please..........?

when our side was up and running you can add kappa d-maz to play at district level so thats 4.....luke kyriakides call ward and fin adamson playing at jets......callan ward now at the bulldogs.....you name your 5 or 6......i can name 3.....that definatly have got what it takes but wether they go or not we will have to wait and see.......

you know what 9 players from my team of 05/06 are still playing at other clubs only 1 still at willy........shattered........things like footy girls going out on the fizz nightclubs work even.........just you wait and see how many will be playing.......

your bowlers arnt disciplined enough and dont bowl enogh tight overs......puts you under pressure......

another thing 05/06 have it on the board underfeated i might add already as i say long way to go for you boys.........i wanna see you guys win but dont question my UNDERFEATED premiership team ever again.........

Lmao, i knew i would hit a nerve as soon as i posted that lol.
D-maz will never play district again and Kappa could but doesn't have the passion.
Im interested to know who you think are the kids to go on to play district, you name your 3 and ill add to the list.

Young Willi Lad;201395 said:
Lmao, i knew i would hit a nerve as soon as i posted that lol.
D-maz will never play district again and Kappa could but doesn't have the passion.
Im interested to know who you think are the kids to go on to play district, you name your 3 and ill add to the list.

yer bloody oath you did..........and its not funny to me........

the thing is they have played and were playing while playing jnrs with me......d-mazz lost his father a year and a half ago and has hit im hard.........we couldnt imagine what he has been through.......kappa loves the females and getting on the fizz.........so yer your right......

my 3 players........cam,dan and dillion.......my opinion......and you will probably say yourself and nath hall..........yer????

cam is the only 1 of them who takes it serious enough to play district 2nds and 3rds......

weapons05/06;201327 said:

another thing 05/06 have it on the board underfeated i might add already as i say long way to go for you boys.........i wanna see you guys win but dont question my UNDEFEATED premiership team ever again.........

eyyy weapons how are you long time no talk ??? just thought i would say the only reason yopu where underfeated in 05/06 it coz u didnt play us and we would of smashed you just like we smashed digmen that year with 8 players imagine if we had 11 ******** we would of beat you outright in a 12 dayer
and dont take glory for your team winning its junior cricket mate the coach does nothing you GIMP

ANCC;202100 said:
eyyy weapons how are you long time no talk ??? just thought i would say the only reason yopu where underfeated in 05/06 it coz u didnt play us and we would of smashed you just like we smashed digmen that year with 8 players imagine if we had 11 ******** we would of beat you outright in a 12 dayer
and dont take glory for your team winning its junior cricket mate the coach does nothing you GIMP

hahahaha what ever buddy........

yer thats right you would have beaten us in a 12 dayer you goose.......

your key word there being ''would'' but im sorry it didnt happen and we were underfeated premiers..........what were you cant even remember who you played for........?

well i had alot to do with winning the flag........i had them well drilled into how we wanted to play the game.......they did it and they got the rewards.........

your a goose dont reply back cause i wont be..........;)

weapons05/06;202110 said:
well i had alot to do with winning the flag........i had them well drilled into how we wanted to play the game.......they did it and they got the rewards.........

your a goose dont reply back cause i wont be..........;)

Yes it's all about you you and you. Oh i made them do this, i made them do that. Gee...stop taking credit from the team man. At the end of the day the players take the wickets and they get the runs, not you. And this was 2 years ago and you're still talking about it. Get over it.

hey weapons you are a bit gay but ill get over it and your team got raped by us this year but i havnt herd a word and p.s the coach does nothing coz i am a coach and where in the top 4 and all i do is rock up and beat yes you guessed it willy hahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!

bad luck champ i see browny your not doing much with the bat this year you hack????????

also weapons dont talk just willy players up coz none of them do anything and Cameron dealtera is about as good as a cricketer with no arms but to add to that i just love one hit wonders " just save a summer with one good score"

ANCC;202254 said:
hey weapons you are a bit gay but ill get over it and your team got raped by us this year but i havnt herd a word and p.s the coach does nothing coz i am a coach and where in the top 4 and all i do is rock up and beat yes you guessed it willy hahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!

bad luck champ i see browny your not doing much with the bat this year you hack????????

i hope your son isn't the captain, opening bowler, wicket keeper (when he's not bowling), and opening batsman.

it makes my blood boil. i was always on the back foot as a junior because of this and have to work harder to get there, while the coaches son and kids of parents who licked the coaches asshole got a free ride. ********s

DizzyGillepsie;202257 said:
i hope your son isn't the captain, opening bowler, wicket keeper (when he's not bowling), and opening batsman.

it makes my blood boil. i was always on the back foot as a junior because of this and have to work harder to get there, while the coaches son and kids of parents who licked the coaches asshole got a free ride. ********s

nah champ who ever this is coz if i had a kid he would be about 3 months old coz im still young and no im not a coaches son at all mate

hey guys who do you think are the most overrated players are in 17's ????
1.M.Chadwick(wezza) good bloke just overrated
2M. Hill(wezza) just a nube how did he make a ton :confused:
3C.dealtra (willy) enough said
4D.Conway (willy/keilor park /make up your mind) ********men
5M.Freeman (wezza) just get in his head cant handle it will start to try slog

ANCC;202261 said:
hey guys who do you think are the most overrated players are in 17's ????
1.M.Chadwick(wezza) good bloke just overrated
2M. Hill(wezza) just a nube how did he make a ton :confused:
3C.dealtra (willy) enough said
4D.Conway (willy/keilor park /make up your mind) ********men
5M.Freeman (wezza) just get in his head cant handle it will start to try slog

maybe overated.......but their teams have made grand finals over the last couple of years.........so they cant be that bad.........

hey goose.........why hasnt your side played in a granny.........? cause they follow what you say and that must be all good...typical altona nth mentality......loser....now when does willy play you guys again...........i will be there see if you got a smart mouth then........

Back