Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

I come to figure that something needs to be said about this.

Two weeks ago, one of our players was king-hit on the field by a lowly scumbag who ran from the boundary to hit him (the batsman).

This association, managed to put together a 2 man tribunal. The thug received just 2 weeks suspension, with our player having defended himself, and ending up in hospital, received the same suspension! What an absolute joke.

Just one question boys... How can our player be suspended, when he wasn't even reported?!

Classic example of a well run organisation!

Arm like a Leg;375203 said:
I come to figure that something needs to be said about this.

Two weeks ago, one of our players was king-hit on the field by a lowly scumbag who ran from the boundary to hit him (the batsman).

This association, managed to put together a 2 man tribunal. The thug received just 2 weeks suspension, with our player having defended himself, and ending up in hospital, received the same suspension! What an absolute joke.

Just one question boys... How can our player be suspended, when he wasn't even reported?!

Classic example of a well run organisation!

was he reported by the association, there was a big case in the NWCA just recently where the Assocaition reprted 2 players for striking / wrestling.

what gone wrong with the Churches association this season? Is there anything postive about it in 2009/10?

He was not reported by anybody or the association. It is an absolute joke. Also forgot to mention... he was also eye gouged and kicked whilst on the ground. They reckon Two weeks is enough?

Finally i see a post on the churches site bit like a ghost town lately!
I thought i might see some banter on the games so far this season but unfortunately its more winging about the muppets running the show well i can only laugh and be glad were no longer a part off it...
Mate ur bloke only got 2 weeks ours got life and didnt throw a punch...
1 thing u can be sure of its a totalatarian regime not a democracy and certainly doesnt represent any christian values ie give a man a fair go etc etc
The High Preists are always looking for a sacraficial lamb to appease the cricketing gods

BigCoq;375681 said:
Finally i see a post on the churches site bit like a ghost town lately!
I thought i might see some banter on the games so far this season but unfortunately its more winging about the muppets running the show well i can only laugh and be glad were no longer a part off it...
Mate ur bloke only got 2 weeks ours got life and didnt throw a punch...
1 thing u can be sure of its a totalatarian regime not a democracy and certainly doesnt represent any christian values ie give a man a fair go etc etc
The High Preists are always looking for a sacraficial lamb to appease the cricketing gods

Any sides looking to come over to WDCA,for season 2010/2011 get in quick
as there is probably not enough room for all sides?

SWANNEES;375767 said:

Yeah believe we at Melton South will be looking at new comp as this associations committee is hopeless. We wanted to put another side in the one day comp they didnt want to cause a bye now Rockbank has pulled out of A grade they asked us to put another A grade team in. Our stupid committee aggreed without even talking to the players or the senior coach who i know are not very happy with the decision as now our B grade which has struggled all season 6th on the ladder 2 wins 3 losses prior to the walkover from roosters this week must go up to A grade and our C grade to B and one of our 2 D grades up to C and the new side take over the D grade vacancy. The new side will only be filling the gap of Rockbank and who is going to play in this side when you know you are behind the 8 ball and with not much chance of playing finals cricket. This is bullshit from the association and our committee and I can tell you there are a lot of unhappy players now who have lost a lot of faith in our own committee. There may be a mass exodus down Melton South way.

At the moment it is not looking very good for the Churches Association. The standard of cricket is pretty poor at the moment, clubs are looking to leave the comp and some of the player behaviour has been pretty ordinary in some of the games (i.e - starting fights amongst each other).

This comp is defenitaly in its worst state for a very long time and it is going to take alot of work to turn it around. Speaking to a lot of players, they have told me that they would prefer if their clubs would go to another association.

Time will tell what the future holds.

SWANNEES;375767 said:

We will make room Swannees.....everybody is welcome to join.........;)

warnysback;376648 said:
roosters need moore than a keeper all out 161

No big deal warny we had a 2 weddings 15 blokes unavailable pulled out thirds and forths and our seconds still got up good depth i would think.

The ones did struggle no question but no need to hit the panic button....

Still a long way to go buddy...

BigCoq;377440 said:
No big deal warny we had a 2 weddings 15 blokes unavailable pulled out thirds and forths and our seconds still got up good depth i would think.

The ones did struggle no question but no need to hit the panic button....

Still a long way to go buddy...

G'day Big Coq

Looking at the results looks like the Roosters, St Andrews and Willy Congs have struggled a bit this year. Biggest surprise is Congs not winning a game in the Willy Comp B Turf so far. Looks like Mick Callus and Cusic are having to carry the side at the moment, but can't do it all themselves. St Andrews struggling as they have had approximately 4 of their first team out with injury and 3 others having to work up until christmas. They have lacked the player depth as can be seen by the results of their 2nds. Will be stronger when they get their players back but no hope of making the finals. Looking at your results you guys have been quite competative but it looks like your batting is struggling. Besides the new guy batting at 3 for you not many other consistent contributors. Big rivalry game against the Saints this week. Interesting to see if you get a start with all the rain.

Been playing much yourself?

Billy Bowden;377449 said:
G'day Big Coq

Looking at the results looks like the Roosters, St Andrews and Willy Congs have struggled a bit this year. Biggest surprise is Congs not winning a game in the Willy Comp B Turf so far. Looks like Mick Callus and Cusic are having to carry the side at the moment, but can't do it all themselves. St Andrews struggling as they have had approximately 4 of their first team out with injury and 3 others having to work up until christmas. They have lacked the player depth as can be seen by the results of their 2nds. Will be stronger when they get their players back but no hope of making the finals. Looking at your results you guys have been quite competative but it looks like your batting is struggling. Besides the new guy batting at 3 for you not many other consistent contributors. Big rivalry game against the Saints this week. Interesting to see if you get a start with all the rain.

Heard last night Callus walked out on congs, going to Newport digman.

Billy Bowden;377449 said:
G'day Big Coq

Billy boy i haven't played yet still recovering from my foot operation.
Should be alright after xmas...
We've lost 2 one dayers by 10 runs a bit stiff. lost 15 blokes because of 2 weddings and got smashed no big deal we allways go better in the new year.
The season is far from over. Glass is still half full.
Heke is back !!!

Solidindefence;377460 said:
Heard last night Callus walked out on congs, going to Newport digman.

Solid, that is true. Callus has gone to Newport Digman. Congs are struggling in WDCA. Roosters and St Andrews not much better. Could take a while for all clubs to be competitive. Looking at a couple of the teams and there are not many recogniseable names. Oh well... as long as everyone is doing their best to win that is all you can ask for I guess.

tayls;377500 said:
Solid, that is true. Callus has gone to Newport Digman. Congs are struggling in WDCA. Roosters and St Andrews not much better. Could take a while for all clubs to be competitive. Looking at a couple of the teams and there are not many recogniseable names. Oh well... as long as everyone is doing their best to win that is all you can ask for I guess.

any chance that theses clubs will comeback to the Churches comp?

A.B De Villiers;378378 said:
More than happy in the willy comp thus far.

we can do with a keeper and a top order bat next year interested......????;)

PRO AIR SYSTEMS SHIELD 2010.

WINNER TAKES $1000

On Sunday the 14th of February 2010, the St Johns Cricket Club will be hosting it's annual “Sevens” Carnival at J.T.Gray Reserve Kororoit Creek Road Nth Williamstown.

All teams will be guaranteed of at least three games. First round fixtures will commence at 8.45a.m.sharp.

At the end of the third game, the eight sides finishing at the top of the competition will remain in the contest. The top eight sides will then play in quarterfinals. The winners of the quarterfinals will play off in the semi finals. The winners of the semi-finals play off in a Grand Final.

The cost to enter one side is $100.00 and this must be accompanied with the Nomination form. The competition rules are enclosed. If you require a nomination form please contact me on the number below or email weedamire@hotmail.com and one will be forwarded to you ASAP .

The competition will be limited to 16 sides and applications will be processed in the order received in the case of excess teams entering. Nominations to contest in the carnival close with Secretary Simon FORBES, 18a Laurie Street Newport 3015, mobile 0400 869 219 ON OR BEFORE the 23RD of January 2010.[/B] Invitations to nominate a side have been forwarded to all metropolitan cricket associations and other cricket clubs around country Victoria.

A draw of fixtures will be forwarded upon finalisation of entries, so we would ask that you make a special effort to have your application forwarded to us by the due date.

The winning “Sevens” team shall receive $1000.00 in cash. Each member of the winning team shall receive a medallion.

BBQ, drinks including alcohol, chips and a BBQ will be available from the club rooms. This is the clubs major fundraising event and we ask that you refrain from bringing alcohol to the carnival as we have a fully stocked licensed bar opening at 10.00am.

Would all clubs carefully note the following:

1. No side shall be granted points if it breaks Rule 13 in respect to acceptable clothing (Club uniform and/or whites are acceptable).
2. Would all clubs considering entering two teams please observe Rule 15. No points will be awarded to a team that breaks this rule.
3. Due to safety/public liability concerns drinking alcohol on field or during your game is prohibited and run penalties will apply.

We look forward to your participation.

Yours Sincerely,

Simon FORBES
St Johns Cricket Club.

Telephone Number
M 0400 869 219

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back