Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

BigCoq;347426 said:
Good lord 6k for Temb now that is an outstanding rumour.
i can tell you that is not true in any way shape or form.
maybe the person who told you that story made the offer certainly hasnt been discussed by the inner sanctum.
tembys a gun yes but 6 k no way!!!
6k for a vtca senior division player maybe.
further to your coment to nathan if we offered him 6k and he didnt come he would be mad dont you think.

BigCoq, It is same to assume that their are players in North A (VTCA) getting paid 6k for a season.. at least.

As for senior division, the star bowler from a Senior North club was offered $12k to captain coach a rival last season, he said thanks but no thanks, I'm getting paid $20k just to bowl at my club.

Aside from that, our club (in North A) couldn't afford to pay a player $5k a season.

Also, good luck next year. Hope you blokes do well in your first season in the new comp.

BigCoq;347426 said:
Good lord 6k for Temb now that is an outstanding rumour.
i can tell you that is not true in any way shape or form.
maybe the person who told you that story made the offer certainly hasnt been discussed by the inner sanctum.
tembys a gun yes but 6 k no way!!!
6k for a vtca senior division player maybe.
further to your coment to nathan if we offered him 6k and he didnt come he would be mad dont you think.

BigCoq, It is same to assume that their are players in North A (VTCA) getting paid 6k for a season.. at least.

As for senior division, the star bowler from a Senior North club was offered $12k to captain coach a rival last season, he said thanks but no thanks, I'm getting paid $20k just to bowl at my club.

Aside from that, our club (in North A) couldn't afford to pay a player $5k a season.

Also, good luck next year. Hope you blokes do well in your first season in the new comp.

Happy;347439 said:
Dont think Diesel will lose sleep over this especially if they will never return to that comp. Most people have moved on from it. I am suprised that the executive(s) could make a decision on their own without involving the whole association.

great point. can the commitee charge themselves with....bringing the game into disrepute or making their competiton look totally incompetant or being awarded 1st prize for the biggest muppet show since......well the muppet show or.... i could go on all day

havent spoken since our trip big coq, sounds good all the work you guys are putting in. people saying 6k for dan temby is too much have no idea. if coaches in the curches comp are getting paid 2.5k to 5k which we know- hes worth atleast 7-8k on that scale. shame hes st.johns through and through dont ever think we'd be able to get him

to all roosters in our supercoach league- lookout the fast off spinner team has just got stronger

Happy;347439 said:
Dont think Diesel will lose sleep over this especially if they will never return to that comp. Most people have moved on from it. I am suprised that the executive(s) could make a decision on their own without involving the whole association.

great point. can the commitee charge themselves with....bringing the game into disrepute or making their competiton look totally incompetant or being awarded 1st prize for the biggest muppet show since......well the muppet show or.... i could go on all day

havent spoken since our trip big coq, sounds good all the work you guys are putting in. people saying 6k for dan temby is too much have no idea. if coaches in the curches comp are getting paid 2.5k to 5k which we know- hes worth atleast 7-8k on that scale. shame hes st.johns through and through dont ever think we'd be able to get him

to all roosters in our supercoach league- lookout the fast off spinner team has just got stronger

BigCoq;347437 said:
Diesel has been rubbed out for life in the churches comp by the executive is this a just punishment guys your thoughts please. Fine legs we know what u think so spare the opinions for the educated folk.

Gday BigCoq

I think a Life Suspension is far to harsh. Life should be given only for physicall assualts were no remorse is shown in my opinion. However i believe a suspension around 4 years would be more appropriate.

As i have said previously I believe the silent protest by sitting on the pitch was not such a big problem and he should be let off with a suspended sentance for that. The 2 other issues of abusive language and threatening Claude Dunne in a violant manner need to be punished. Whether you agree or disagree with the Associations decisions you cannot in no circumstance violantly threaten the President or any other member of the Association.

As for the suspension carrying over to other competitions well this is correct. So this penalty will definatly carry over to the VTCA. Looks like you might have to hire those QC's after all.

BigCoq;347437 said:
Diesel has been rubbed out for life in the churches comp by the executive is this a just punishment guys your thoughts please. Fine legs we know what u think so spare the opinions for the educated folk.

Gday BigCoq

I think a Life Suspension is far to harsh. Life should be given only for physicall assualts were no remorse is shown in my opinion. However i believe a suspension around 4 years would be more appropriate.

As i have said previously I believe the silent protest by sitting on the pitch was not such a big problem and he should be let off with a suspended sentance for that. The 2 other issues of abusive language and threatening Claude Dunne in a violant manner need to be punished. Whether you agree or disagree with the Associations decisions you cannot in no circumstance violantly threaten the President or any other member of the Association.

As for the suspension carrying over to other competitions well this is correct. So this penalty will definatly carry over to the VTCA. Looks like you might have to hire those QC's after all.

beached as;347459 said:

Thanks.
5-6 k is not unreasanable for a player from a higher division.
20k smells of money being burnt know wonder there are so many movements.
some people out ther have extremly inflated opinions of themselves and i suppose paying people ridiculous amounts justifies there fig jamits it certainly a crazy mixed up world we live in.
Might have to look at getting a team of Sri Lankan & Indian players at a group discount rate.
In the Churches
We all played for nicks just friends enjoying a saturday and the spoils were comaraderie fun and finals with Mates.
know u see players knowere near as good as players u played with and against comanding decent coin its laughable but obviously these are the times we live in.

beached as;347459 said:

Thanks.
some people out ther have extremly inflated opinions of themselves and i suppose paying people ridiculous amounts justifies there fig jamits it certainly a crazy mixed up world we live in.
Might have to look at getting a team of Sri Lankan & Indian players at a group discount rate.
In the Churches
We all played for nicks just friends enjoying a saturday and the spoils were comaraderie fun and finals with Mates.
know u see players knowere near as good as players u played with and against comanding decent coin its laughable but obviously these are the times we live in.

BigCoq;347563 said:
Thanks.
In the Churches

I apologise. I've been told by a reliable source that $20k is off the mark. Closer to $8k to $10k. And only 2 players comp wide get that sort of money.

BigCoq;347563 said:
Thanks.
In the Churches

I apologise. I've been told by a reliable source that $20k is off the mark. Closer to $8k to $10k. And only 2 players comp wide get that sort of money.

Billy Bowden;347562 said:
Gday BigCoq

Besides life in churches he gets 5 years in any other comp ur right we have an obligation to take this injustice to its enth degree we stick by our own simple as that or as far as the dollar will alow us q.c.
im with pots exec created this mess and poor Chris was governed by his emotions. Example;if you kick a dog enough times and it bites you who's fault is it?
The bloke is extremly passionate, hard working, loyal and driven to take sport away from a man that has serious health issues is an irresponsible way of solving the issue once again Ego's got in the way of a decent outcome for all involved.:rolleyes:
Chris brang cricket into disrepute and embarrased the comp give me a break that has to be the pot calling the kettle black obviuosly the exec is blind to the rest of the world and more importantly for all the senior teams its rudderless steering turf cricket into the abiss.:mad:
Best of luck the rest of you.:D

Billy Bowden;347562 said:
Gday BigCoq

Besides life in churches he gets 5 years in any other comp ur right we have an obligation to take this injustice to its enth degree we stick by our own simple as that or as far as the dollar will alow us q.c.
im with pots exec created this mess and poor Chris was governed by his emotions. Example;if you kick a dog enough times and it bites you who's fault is it?
The bloke is extremly passionate, hard working, loyal and driven to take sport away from a man that has serious health issues is an irresponsible way of solving the issue once again Ego's got in the way of a decent outcome for all involved.:rolleyes:
Chris brang cricket into disrepute and embarrased the comp give me a break that has to be the pot calling the kettle black obviuosly the exec is blind to the rest of the world and more importantly for all the senior teams its rudderless steering turf cricket into the abiss.:mad:
Best of luck the rest of you.:D

beached as;347459 said:

We are aware of the coin getting around as we have offered a current vtca a turf player similer coin but the reason is his already there doing it runs are on the board so to speak and the rest of the team would be under no illussion as to what they need to do inorder to reach such hights.
to give 6k to a player that is in the same level doesnt sound like the right thing to do. ther are lots of good players out there but whos up for a challenge is the 5k question.

beached as;347459 said:

We are aware of the coin getting around as we have offered a current vtca a turf player similer coin but the reason is his already there doing it runs are on the board so to speak and the rest of the team would be under no illussion as to what they need to do inorder to reach such hights.
to give 6k to a player that is in the same level doesnt sound like the right thing to do. ther are lots of good players out there but whos up for a challenge is the 5k question.

BigCoq;347590 said:

Spot on. My opinion is that if you're proven yourself in a higher level such as District 1s/2s then you have the points in the bank to be considered.

BigCoq;347590 said:

Spot on. My opinion is that if you're proven yourself in a higher level such as District 1s/2s then you have the points in the bank to be considered.

beached as;347567 said:

Hes not to reliable bud,what about Taylor,Brown,Magafas,O'Keefe.Bronca just to name a few in senior divvy,they are on 10k+,some are on 20k & there would be a few in lower grades getting 10k dont worry about that!!!!!!!!!!!

beached as;347567 said:

Hes not to reliable bud,what about Taylor,Brown,Magafas,O'Keefe.Bronca just to name a few in senior divvy,they are on 10k+,some are on 20k & there would be a few in lower grades getting 10k dont worry about that!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;347590 said:

I aggree there is a bit of money around there always has been. For Roosters you will go from playing in a lower comp like the WSUCCA to a higher level in the VTCA, by the way have they accepted your teams yet. The higher lever also bring in higher costs such as player payments etc and there is the travelling to further distances that also takes its toll. Money wise you can pay a player whatever you thing he is worth but if its a player only interested in money are they any real long term value to your club, if you dont get a couple of flags how long do you consist with them also there are a number of players who just change clubs chasing $, look at St Andrews this season they would have coughed up a bit of dough for some players such as Armstrong etc who has always chased $ are they loyal to your club or cause and do they really help develop your younger players. Best to try get a good coach and assistants and devop the junior players you have. Good luck in the new comp, you probably will get better tracks to play on. We at south are hopping to go up to turf but it will depend on the comp and what it will look like, whos still left. Unfortunately us and Centrals not having our own turf wickets restricts us to WSUCCA if we wish to play turf.

BigCoq;347590 said:

I aggree there is a bit of money around there always has been. For Roosters you will go from playing in a lower comp like the WSUCCA to a higher level in the VTCA, by the way have they accepted your teams yet. The higher lever also bring in higher costs such as player payments etc and there is the travelling to further distances that also takes its toll. Money wise you can pay a player whatever you thing he is worth but if its a player only interested in money are they any real long term value to your club, if you dont get a couple of flags how long do you consist with them also there are a number of players who just change clubs chasing $, look at St Andrews this season they would have coughed up a bit of dough for some players such as Armstrong etc who has always chased $ are they loyal to your club or cause and do they really help develop your younger players. Best to try get a good coach and assistants and devop the junior players you have. Good luck in the new comp, you probably will get better tracks to play on. We at south are hopping to go up to turf but it will depend on the comp and what it will look like, whos still left. Unfortunately us and Centrals not having our own turf wickets restricts us to WSUCCA if we wish to play turf.

BigCoq;347590 said:

Your club seems to be talking to lots of players which is great. Unfortunately most of the time I have found myself thinking "he's dreaming" as potential recruits leave the room. You dont have to spend massive amounts of money in B1, we won Nth A a few yrs ago spending about 10k. The right person or people will appear if you have your set ideas and guidelines for what best suits your club. Outside a coach, if a player doesn't want to talk about incentive based payments, be very wary. Look at their recent playing history, how many clubs in the last 5 years. And if their the one who wants to raise money at a 1st interview, steer clear. Dont spend what you dont have, develop from within, recruit good people who are good players and promotion up the ranks will come. Money wont buy you premierships, but recruiting dickheads can cause lots of grief.

BigCoq;347590 said:

Your club seems to be talking to lots of players which is great. Unfortunately most of the time I have found myself thinking "he's dreaming" as potential recruits leave the room. You dont have to spend massive amounts of money in B1, we won Nth A a few yrs ago spending about 10k. The right person or people will appear if you have your set ideas and guidelines for what best suits your club. Outside a coach, if a player doesn't want to talk about incentive based payments, be very wary. Look at their recent playing history, how many clubs in the last 5 years. And if their the one who wants to raise money at a 1st interview, steer clear. Dont spend what you dont have, develop from within, recruit good people who are good players and promotion up the ranks will come. Money wont buy you premierships, but recruiting dickheads can cause lots of grief.

hey all
i have been a keen reader of some of the stuff on here, i thought i would get on and clear a few things up. As you can see by my name, i am Daniel Temby.
My name comes up a bit on this site, ha ha.i will clear a few things up, i am not going to Roosters, and 6 thousand $ yeah sounds good, but im not in the game for money, have had opportunity to go to other clubs for money and coach and captain and stuff, but i have a passion. i love the club i was born and bred into ST Johns. i am on the executive there and will strive to make sure the club continues to have the success we have had in all grades.
thank you to you all, for the kind comments you have made about me, to mick nolton, thank you mate, very kind of you to say im worth that money mate.
i wish the Roosters, Congs and St Andrews the best of luck in there new comps, i have alot of criketing mates from all those sides and will continue to watch out for the scores and hopefully the success you have.
Thanks again all
D.T

hey all
i have been a keen reader of some of the stuff on here, i thought i would get on and clear a few things up. As you can see by my name, i am Daniel Temby.
My name comes up a bit on this site, ha ha.i will clear a few things up, i am not going to Roosters, and 6 thousand $ yeah sounds good, but im not in the game for money, have had opportunity to go to other clubs for money and coach and captain and stuff, but i have a passion. i love the club i was born and bred into ST Johns. i am on the executive there and will strive to make sure the club continues to have the success we have had in all grades.
thank you to you all, for the kind comments you have made about me, to mick nolton, thank you mate, very kind of you to say im worth that money mate.
i wish the Roosters, Congs and St Andrews the best of luck in there new comps, i have alot of criketing mates from all those sides and will continue to watch out for the scores and hopefully the success you have.
Thanks again all
D.T

Clear The Pickets;347627 said:
The higher lever also bring in higher costs such as player payments etc and there is the travelling to further distances that also takes its toll. Money wise you can pay a player whatever you thing he is worth but if its a player only interested in money are they any real long term value to your club, if you dont get a couple of flags how long do you consist with them also there are a number of players who just change clubs chasing $, look at St Andrews this season they would have coughed up a bit of dough for some players such as Armstrong etc who has always chased $ are they loyal to your club or cause and do they really help develop your younger players. Best to try get a good coach and assistants and devop the junior players you have. Good luck in the new comp, you probably will get better tracks to play on. We at south are hopping to go up to turf but it will depend on the comp and what it will look like, whos still left. Unfortunately us and Centrals not having our own turf wickets restricts us to WSUCCA if we wish to play turf.

just to set records straight, not Chris nor anyone else at st andrews got any money to play last year

Clear The Pickets;347627 said:
The higher lever also bring in higher costs such as player payments etc and there is the travelling to further distances that also takes its toll. Money wise you can pay a player whatever you thing he is worth but if its a player only interested in money are they any real long term value to your club, if you dont get a couple of flags how long do you consist with them also there are a number of players who just change clubs chasing $, look at St Andrews this season they would have coughed up a bit of dough for some players such as Armstrong etc who has always chased $ are they loyal to your club or cause and do they really help develop your younger players. Best to try get a good coach and assistants and devop the junior players you have. Good luck in the new comp, you probably will get better tracks to play on. We at south are hopping to go up to turf but it will depend on the comp and what it will look like, whos still left. Unfortunately us and Centrals not having our own turf wickets restricts us to WSUCCA if we wish to play turf.

just to set records straight, not Chris nor anyone else at st andrews got any money to play last year

StAndrewsman;347793 said:

Yeah right like he has the ability to get paid good money elsewhere but he just decided to play at your club for nothing. Since returning from the district ranks he has always been paid money to play cricket because of his good ability.i dont think things would have changed this time. But thats between your club and him good luck if he did get good money, I was just highlighting that paying players may not be the be all and end all for some clubs, a champion team will always beat a team of champions. You just need to develope your younger players and try keep them together as long as possible. good luck to you and your club in your new comp hope it all works out for you.

StAndrewsman;347793 said:

Yeah right like he has the ability to get paid good money elsewhere but he just decided to play at your club for nothing. Since returning from the district ranks he has always been paid money to play cricket because of his good ability.i dont think things would have changed this time. But thats between your club and him good luck if he did get good money, I was just highlighting that paying players may not be the be all and end all for some clubs, a champion team will always beat a team of champions. You just need to develope your younger players and try keep them together as long as possible. good luck to you and your club in your new comp hope it all works out for you.

Sorry Clear the picketts you are way off the mark, no one has been payed for games at St. Andrews for a very long time, We don't care what you say or write here as we are a club of brothers who stick together. Players are not meant to be paid in the WSUCCA. We are a loyal bunch of people at the club who have seen both good and bad. If you do your homework youll see why Chris plays at our club. But you are too busy potting from a distance as all the other soft hearts who sit behind a computer. We wish all teams good luck in the future and look forward to a new beginning. Go Sainters!!

Sorry Clear the picketts you are way off the mark, no one has been payed for games at St. Andrews for a very long time, We don't care what you say or write here as we are a club of brothers who stick together. Players are not meant to be paid in the WSUCCA. We are a loyal bunch of people at the club who have seen both good and bad. If you do your homework youll see why Chris plays at our club. But you are too busy potting from a distance as all the other soft hearts who sit behind a computer. We wish all teams good luck in the future and look forward to a new beginning. Go Sainters!!

Does any one have any news from the teams that are staying in the comp ?
After all this the churches forum , enough St Andrews, Congs and Roosters good bye and good luck.
We are all systems go here in our tilt at back-to back.
how about anyone else ....recruits or retierments?
can anyone confirm the teams who will be in the turf grade?

Go centrals!!!!!

Does any one have any news from the teams that are staying in the comp ?
After all this the churches forum , enough St Andrews, Congs and Roosters good bye and good luck.
We are all systems go here in our tilt at back-to back.
how about anyone else ....recruits or retierments?
can anyone confirm the teams who will be in the turf grade?

Go centrals!!!!!

Sorry Melton man as far as i knoiw all teams still have teams in the churches so that means Roosters, St . Andrews and Congs can still post under the Churches banner.

Sorry Melton man as far as i knoiw all teams still have teams in the churches so that means Roosters, St . Andrews and Congs can still post under the Churches banner.

jika jika;347654 said:

Good points Jika. It depends on the quality of the juniors at your club as to how much has to be spent as well though. I know one Senior Div club last season spent 20k, and they have plenty of kids, but struggled all year. This club moved away from incentives (to an extent) over the past few years and they have been lucky stay up. Smart decisions on who and how are the key.

jika jika;347654 said:

Good points Jika. It depends on the quality of the juniors at your club as to how much has to be spent as well though. I know one Senior Div club last season spent 20k, and they have plenty of kids, but struggled all year. This club moved away from incentives (to an extent) over the past few years and they have been lucky stay up. Smart decisions on who and how are the key.

borntigerfan;347914 said:

Good point mate didnt mean to offend . should have clarified that i meant turf

borntigerfan;347914 said:

Good point mate didnt mean to offend . should have clarified that i meant turf

D.Temby;347705 said:
hey all
Thanks again all
D.T

DT, Pots only thinks your worth those $$$ because of your passion. Its got nothing to do with cricket.

Man crush detected!

JD

D.Temby;347705 said:
hey all
Thanks again all
D.T

DT, Pots only thinks your worth those $$$ because of your passion. Its got nothing to do with cricket.

Man crush detected!

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back