Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

rubble;351080 said:
the first thing i will say is i am not from any club associated in the churches comp .......................... secondly are some of you guys on here soft or what , so many people from st andrews on here bagging chris smith but how many of you guys tried to remove him from the pitch before the start of play , nil ......how many of you were prepaired to step up and have a crack at him ..... nil . if you guys had any ticker playing in the game you would have just bowled the first ball and made him pay for laying there but there it goes again .... no ticker ..... and be honest about this one how many st andrews guys shook his hand afterwards ...... you get on here and bag him with an alias but no one was brave enough to say it to him ..... soft

Mark Armstrong.
You know nothing about the game of cricket. That loser being on the pitch and delaying the start was to our favour.. We were bowling!!! We were not wondering when we had to go out and bat. FOOL... And how many of us were prepaired to have a crack? ask geoff gook, the man pleaded with us not to, and to play cricket. And throughout the first day I had no less than 6 or 7 offers for him to be put on his ass. And being the fine club we are, we said " no, let it go" Then at tea on the second day I asked the clown if he wanted a to have a crack at me and he went to water like the woman he is. Were you there? Who are you? Or are you another who sits behind a computer hiding your identity? It seems St.Andrews are also the only team with any balls too.

rubble;351080 said:
the first thing i will say is i am not from any club associated in the churches comp .......................... secondly are some of you guys on here soft or what , so many people from st andrews on here bagging chris smith but how many of you guys tried to remove him from the pitch before the start of play , nil ......how many of you were prepaired to step up and have a crack at him ..... nil . if you guys had any ticker playing in the game you would have just bowled the first ball and made him pay for laying there but there it goes again .... no ticker ..... and be honest about this one how many st andrews guys shook his hand afterwards ...... you get on here and bag him with an alias but no one was brave enough to say it to him ..... soft

Mark Armstrong.
You know nothing about the game of cricket. That loser being on the pitch and delaying the start was to our favour.. We were bowling!!! We were not wondering when we had to go out and bat. FOOL... And how many of us were prepaired to have a crack? ask geoff gook, the man pleaded with us not to, and to play cricket. And throughout the first day I had no less than 6 or 7 offers for him to be put on his ass. And being the fine club we are, we said " no, let it go" Then at tea on the second day I asked the clown if he wanted a to have a crack at me and he went to water like the woman he is. Were you there? Who are you? Or are you another who sits behind a computer hiding your identity? It seems St.Andrews are also the only team with any balls too.

Costa ARCC;351093 said:
To all St Andrews Boys

give it a rest will you whats happened in the past has happened.

Move on and the first game between us in the new comp will be a doozie.

and dont say i didnt tell you about the armstrong Brothers

We have but morons keep getting on here and carrying on.

Costa ARCC;351093 said:
To all St Andrews Boys

give it a rest will you whats happened in the past has happened.

Move on and the first game between us in the new comp will be a doozie.

and dont say i didnt tell you about the armstrong Brothers

We have but morons keep getting on here and carrying on.

Shaved_Plums;351038 said:
:confused: Does anyone have an opinion on the one dayers for the lower grades? I think if we got enough clubs that wanted it the WSUCCA would have no choice but to have a one day grade (maybe 2 - D & E). I personally think it is a great idea - It will help the family blokes (who can't commit 100% for the whole season), the older blokes (Who can't handle standing in the field for 72 overs - sometimes more) and the younger guys who either are still learning or just want to be able to play the game with a few mates. Any opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated..........:cool:

Hi in the past Melton South had a one day team int he North West C.A but had to remove it due to increasing fines as it was hard to get to all meetings with WSUCCA and MJCA. But I would be interested to see how our club would go, they might be interested, and I know the 6 one dayers int he c and d and e grades helped clubs with numbers etc. Personally i think a one day comp would be good but you would need to monitor as you would nt want someone from turf or A grade dropping down for a game due to unavailablity and smashing the opposition. The NWCA had over restrictions ie 6 overs per bowler max and a batsmen had to retire on 100 runs but could return when all wickets fell. I think it used to be 40 over matches? If you kept the 35 over format then possibly restrict bowlers to 5 overs max that way more people would get an opportunity to bowl (7 min) which may not happen in a 2 dayer or current 1 dayers This would also help people keep an interset in playing, as ther are a lot of players in the lower grades who dont bowl often and bat lower in the order. Batsmen still could retire on 100 runs and return at the end of remaining wickets like juniors. Hope this is enough feedback for you good luck hope it goes ahead kind regards.

Shaved_Plums;351038 said:
:confused: Does anyone have an opinion on the one dayers for the lower grades? I think if we got enough clubs that wanted it the WSUCCA would have no choice but to have a one day grade (maybe 2 - D & E). I personally think it is a great idea - It will help the family blokes (who can't commit 100% for the whole season), the older blokes (Who can't handle standing in the field for 72 overs - sometimes more) and the younger guys who either are still learning or just want to be able to play the game with a few mates. Any opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated..........:cool:

Hi in the past Melton South had a one day team int he North West C.A but had to remove it due to increasing fines as it was hard to get to all meetings with WSUCCA and MJCA. But I would be interested to see how our club would go, they might be interested, and I know the 6 one dayers int he c and d and e grades helped clubs with numbers etc. Personally i think a one day comp would be good but you would need to monitor as you would nt want someone from turf or A grade dropping down for a game due to unavailablity and smashing the opposition. The NWCA had over restrictions ie 6 overs per bowler max and a batsmen had to retire on 100 runs but could return when all wickets fell. I think it used to be 40 over matches? If you kept the 35 over format then possibly restrict bowlers to 5 overs max that way more people would get an opportunity to bowl (7 min) which may not happen in a 2 dayer or current 1 dayers This would also help people keep an interset in playing, as ther are a lot of players in the lower grades who dont bowl often and bat lower in the order. Batsmen still could retire on 100 runs and return at the end of remaining wickets like juniors. Hope this is enough feedback for you good luck hope it goes ahead kind regards.

weapons05/06;350460 said:
thanks bud you sound like you know me.......?or you know albion maybe you played there.....?

old man willy......we are trying very very hard to get his services again i spoke with him at the local footy a couple of weeks back about him returning but he isnt commiting to anything as of yet........we are still looking.......

cheers

yeah i think i know you i have played at a number of clubs over the years, im pretty sure you are the same cocky, cheeky stocky left handed bat who kept as well and had plenty of potential and ability. Which looks like you have forefilled you potential and matured well. I know Albion as I played there and Deer Park so I know what Brian Williams can do. He used to be committed and done a fantastic job, Thats why Deer Park had a number of grand finals there during the early 90's. I believe last time i saw you was either last season or the season before you were coaching the Willi comp U/21's playing against the WSUCCA u/21's at Werribee. Good to see you have done well in your cricket career. Good luck with the coaching I believe you will do well.

weapons05/06;350460 said:
thanks bud you sound like you know me.......?or you know albion maybe you played there.....?

old man willy......we are trying very very hard to get his services again i spoke with him at the local footy a couple of weeks back about him returning but he isnt commiting to anything as of yet........we are still looking.......

cheers

yeah i think i know you i have played at a number of clubs over the years, im pretty sure you are the same cocky, cheeky stocky left handed bat who kept as well and had plenty of potential and ability. Which looks like you have forefilled you potential and matured well. I know Albion as I played there and Deer Park so I know what Brian Williams can do. He used to be committed and done a fantastic job, Thats why Deer Park had a number of grand finals there during the early 90's. I believe last time i saw you was either last season or the season before you were coaching the Willi comp U/21's playing against the WSUCCA u/21's at Werribee. Good to see you have done well in your cricket career. Good luck with the coaching I believe you will do well.

Unknown;351029 said:
Kingy Baps. Any thoughts of where these guys will be at?

I'd get onto the 2 young boys from Caroline Springs, they are going quick. Happy will stay at congs, and Dan Temby has already come out and pledged his allegiance with St John's.

what are you guys looking for down there? a keeper? a bat? PM me for more questions.

Unknown;351029 said:
Kingy Baps. Any thoughts of where these guys will be at?

I'd get onto the 2 young boys from Caroline Springs, they are going quick. Happy will stay at congs, and Dan Temby has already come out and pledged his allegiance with St John's.

what are you guys looking for down there? a keeper? a bat? PM me for more questions.

A.B De Villiers;351111 said:

Mr De Villiers

What is going on with you boys down at Caroline Springs. Will you be playing their next season or will you go else where as alot of clubs seem interested in your services? You seem to be interested in all the other club and their recruiting can you give us an update from your end. Will Matty Vine be staying with the Falcons as well?

A.B De Villiers;351111 said:

Mr De Villiers

What is going on with you boys down at Caroline Springs. Will you be playing their next season or will you go else where as alot of clubs seem interested in your services? You seem to be interested in all the other club and their recruiting can you give us an update from your end. Will Matty Vine be staying with the Falcons as well?

Billy Bowden;351159 said:
Mr De Villiers

I have heard that 2 players from CS will not be there next year.
I don't know what their names are, I was told but can't remember but they will both be playing in the Willy Comp next year.
I think one is the opening bowler for CS?
Watch this space!

Billy Bowden;351159 said:
Mr De Villiers

I don't know what their names are, I was told but can't remember but they will both be playing in the Willy Comp next year.
Watch this space!

Stump Cam;351162 said:
Watch this space!

The news down here is that one of the churches club are off to the Willy Comp, so they might be possibly heading over there?

Stump Cam;351162 said:
Watch this space!

The news down here is that one of the churches club are off to the Willy Comp, so they might be possibly heading over there?

Unknown;351174 said:

Guys, through Dan Temby I can tell you that Ben Cusick and Matty Vine are definitely off to Willi Comp with the Congs. Deal has been done for quite a while. Good luck to them; young blokes having a chance to advance in their cricket is always a good thing.

Unknown;351174 said:

Guys, through Dan Temby I can tell you that Ben Cusick and Matty Vine are definitely off to Willi Comp with the Congs. Deal has been done for quite a while. Good luck to them; young blokes having a chance to advance in their cricket is always a good thing.

tayls;351177 said:

Dont know how much thought went into picking these guys up or if this was only based on one persons decision, but only time will tell.

tayls;351177 said:

Dont know how much thought went into picking these guys up or if this was only based on one persons decision, but only time will tell.

tayls;351177 said:

if the boys havent signed on the dotted line then there is no deal.
why would 2 young up and coming talented cricketer choose to play in a b grade comp playing against every body second xi really cant see whats in it for young developing players except false hope.
further more we dont even know if Congs have secured a wicket inorder to gain entry.
DEFINITELY is a strong word youn man are you holding the signed document.

tayls;351177 said:

why would 2 young up and coming talented cricketer choose to play in a b grade comp playing against every body second xi really cant see whats in it for young developing players except false hope.
further more we dont even know if Congs have secured a wicket inorder to gain entry.

BigCoq;351182 said:

What have those two cricketers achieved or even proven , in order for them to be worthy of a contract at the Congs?

BigCoq;351182 said:

What have those two cricketers achieved or even proven , in order for them to be worthy of a contract at the Congs?

tayls;351177 said:

G'day Tayls

I would have to disagree with you about Ben and Matt advancing their cricket level by playing B Turf in the Willy Comp. I think the Churches Turf Grade is better standard than the Willy Comp B Turf. If they were to advance their level of cricket then they should go and play at the Higher Grades of the VTCA (i.e. A1 level and above), at a Sub-District Club or in the 4ths of a District Club.

It is a great pick up for the Congs club though. It will really strengthen their middle order batting and improve their already very good bowling attack. I think they would have to be favourites to win the B Turf flag.

tayls;351177 said:

G'day Tayls

I would have to disagree with you about Ben and Matt advancing their cricket level by playing B Turf in the Willy Comp. I think the Churches Turf Grade is better standard than the Willy Comp B Turf. If they were to advance their level of cricket then they should go and play at the Higher Grades of the VTCA (i.e. A1 level and above), at a Sub-District Club or in the 4ths of a District Club.

It is a great pick up for the Congs club though. It will really strengthen their middle order batting and improve their already very good bowling attack. I think they would have to be favourites to win the B Turf flag.

BigCoq;351182 said:

If it is those 2 guys then they have committed to the Congs for sure.

Big Q,
Seeing as though you are going into the VTCA without a coach and a turf wicket yourself, I wouldn't talk :cool:

The B turf in the Willy comp will be a good starting point for the Congs, I'm sure they will want to prove themselves before going further.

Good luck getting a coach & and a ground :cool:

BigCoq;351182 said:

If it is those 2 guys then they have committed to the Congs for sure.

Big Q,
Seeing as though you are going into the VTCA without a coach and a turf wicket yourself, I wouldn't talk :cool:

The B turf in the Willy comp will be a good starting point for the Congs, I'm sure they will want to prove themselves before going further.

Good luck getting a coach & and a ground :cool:

Why leave Chuches Turf for Willy B turf its a backward step were is the challenge& Vision. It shows lack of confidence in current playing stocks its send all the wrong messages to the group. The same goes for weapons all these player yoiu have recruited in still happy to stay in B turf why? Lack of confidence, glory hunting its second X1 cricket big deal. next you will tell me that Willy second X1 would kick the churches first X1 ass all day every day. where is the desire and spirit to achieve the ultimate goal without fear of failure you can and will never reach the ultimate goal. Have a go boys ur better than that b turf cup means nothing to anybody one in all in. no guts no glory!

Why leave Chuches Turf for Willy B turf its a backward step were is the challenge& Vision. It shows lack of confidence in current playing stocks its send all the wrong messages to the group. The same goes for weapons all these player yoiu have recruited in still happy to stay in B turf why? Lack of confidence, glory hunting its second X1 cricket big deal. next you will tell me that Willy second X1 would kick the churches first X1 ass all day every day. where is the desire and spirit to achieve the ultimate goal without fear of failure you can and will never reach the ultimate goal. Have a go boys ur better than that b turf cup means nothing to anybody one in all in. no guts no glory!

BigCoq;351192 said:

Very passionate speech mate, so playing in the VTCA B1, without a coach or a turf wicket sends what message to your mob??
Over promise and under deliver?
What success will you blokes have if you can't even appoint a coach?

A bit rich if you ask me!

BigCoq;351192 said:

Very passionate speech mate, so playing in the VTCA B1, without a coach or a turf wicket sends what message to your mob??
Over promise and under deliver?
What success will you blokes have if you can't even appoint a coach?

A bit rich if you ask me!

BigCoq;351192 said:

saying that they have left for the b-turf is like saying you guys have left to go the North B1. If they prove themselves in B-turf they will go into A-Turf. There are several 1st 1X sides playing in the B-Turf at the moment, it isn't just a 2nd X1 comp, and the top teams in B-turf would do ok in the Churches, but you are right they wouldn't kick the churches arses.

Your bagging them for going into b-turf yet you are also starting what....5 levels below the top grade? Why don't you demand they put you up higher, no guts, no glory?

BigCoq;351192 said:

saying that they have left for the b-turf is like saying you guys have left to go the North B1. If they prove themselves in B-turf they will go into A-Turf. There are several 1st 1X sides playing in the B-Turf at the moment, it isn't just a 2nd X1 comp, and the top teams in B-turf would do ok in the Churches, but you are right they wouldn't kick the churches arses.

Your bagging them for going into b-turf yet you are also starting what....5 levels below the top grade? Why don't you demand they put you up higher, no guts, no glory?

straight;351203 said:

its only Willy B comp. Vtca has promotion and relegation so if we have a good year we go up its prety cut & dry not so in the willy comp.i dont think its a step up for ex church teams is all

straight;351203 said:

its only Willy B comp. Vtca has promotion and relegation so if we have a good year we go up its prety cut & dry not so in the willy comp.i dont think its a step up for ex church teams is all

BigCoq;351213 said:

so are you saying that no teams have gone up to A-turf or will go up?? Foots ANA have gone up, Colts have played some years in the b-turf. There is scope to move up and down the grades and if the comp can attract more teams then this will become more prevalent.

The VTCA just like the WDCA and the Churches have the final say on promotion and relegation, and use the rules to guide them.

You have made your decision to go to the VTCA, no need to bag other teams who have come to a different conclusion and either stayed in the churches or moved to the WDCA.

BigCoq;351213 said:

so are you saying that no teams have gone up to A-turf or will go up?? Foots ANA have gone up, Colts have played some years in the b-turf. There is scope to move up and down the grades and if the comp can attract more teams then this will become more prevalent.

The VTCA just like the WDCA and the Churches have the final say on promotion and relegation, and use the rules to guide them.

You have made your decision to go to the VTCA, no need to bag other teams who have come to a different conclusion and either stayed in the churches or moved to the WDCA.

Unknown;351186 said:

This is what I don't understand. because if you look at Mycricket, the stats aren't outstanding. good, but not world beating. i can say for myself, mine were below where I wanted. I think the fact is, they are young, they have shown some talent and the churches may not be where they want to be. now I cant speak on behalf of mat, but I can for the other bloke. :p

I will say however, that I haven't signed anywhere. I have had conversations with a few clubs that are interested in me. (cant really see why to tell you the truth) and i haven't made a decision as yet.

Billy, not sure what is going down at springs, a few blokes are left from last year, but not the full 1st XI. I'm always interested in what others are doing, and as I have explained before, I will gladly put my point of view across as well. In your wisdom, where should I go? You have noted subbies and/or 4ths at district? coming from a churches comp and making a tick over 300 runs. that's a bit thin on substance i feel. Willy comp B? mate never seen it, so cant have an opinion. Nth A1? I played there (although a couple of seasons ago now) and although better standard than churches, its not out of this world. Look, I'm looking to get some runs under my belt, and a few more miles in the WK gloves, before i can go off to subbies/districts. If you feel that I should be at Nth A1, so be it, but I cant see myself being at that standard just yet, so I will look at the offers I have at the moment (which dont include Nth A1) and go from there.

Hope that clears a little more up, or is just confuses the hell out of everyone, sorry! I have a mountain of uni work, and 2 red bulls in the day. you can only imagine!

Unknown;351186 said:

This is what I don't understand. because if you look at Mycricket, the stats aren't outstanding. good, but not world beating. i can say for myself, mine were below where I wanted. I think the fact is, they are young, they have shown some talent and the churches may not be where they want to be. now I cant speak on behalf of mat, but I can for the other bloke. :p

I will say however, that I haven't signed anywhere. I have had conversations with a few clubs that are interested in me. (cant really see why to tell you the truth) and i haven't made a decision as yet.

Billy, not sure what is going down at springs, a few blokes are left from last year, but not the full 1st XI. I'm always interested in what others are doing, and as I have explained before, I will gladly put my point of view across as well. In your wisdom, where should I go? You have noted subbies and/or 4ths at district? coming from a churches comp and making a tick over 300 runs. that's a bit thin on substance i feel. Willy comp B? mate never seen it, so cant have an opinion. Nth A1? I played there (although a couple of seasons ago now) and although better standard than churches, its not out of this world. Look, I'm looking to get some runs under my belt, and a few more miles in the WK gloves, before i can go off to subbies/districts. If you feel that I should be at Nth A1, so be it, but I cant see myself being at that standard just yet, so I will look at the offers I have at the moment (which dont include Nth A1) and go from there.

Hope that clears a little more up, or is just confuses the hell out of everyone, sorry! I have a mountain of uni work, and 2 red bulls in the day. you can only imagine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back