Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Clear The Pickets;351109 said:
yeah i think i know you i have played at a number of clubs over the years, im pretty sure you are the same cocky, cheeky stocky left handed bat who kept as well and had plenty of potential and ability. Which looks like you have forefilled you potential and matured well. I know Albion as I played there and Deer Park so I know what Brian Williams can do. He used to be committed and done a fantastic job, Thats why Deer Park had a number of grand finals there during the early 90's. I believe last time i saw you was either last season or the season before you were coaching the Willi comp U/21's playing against the WSUCCA u/21's at Werribee. Good to see you have done well in your cricket career. Good luck with the coaching I believe you will do well.

bahahaha stocky left hander......as soon as you talked about albion and myself i had a fair idea who you were.....thanks mate all the best........

albion not looking too good i hear........

Clear The Pickets;351109 said:
yeah i think i know you i have played at a number of clubs over the years, im pretty sure you are the same cocky, cheeky stocky left handed bat who kept as well and had plenty of potential and ability. Which looks like you have forefilled you potential and matured well. I know Albion as I played there and Deer Park so I know what Brian Williams can do. He used to be committed and done a fantastic job, Thats why Deer Park had a number of grand finals there during the early 90's. I believe last time i saw you was either last season or the season before you were coaching the Willi comp U/21's playing against the WSUCCA u/21's at Werribee. Good to see you have done well in your cricket career. Good luck with the coaching I believe you will do well.

bahahaha stocky left hander......as soon as you talked about albion and myself i had a fair idea who you were.....thanks mate all the best........

albion not looking too good i hear........

BigCoq;351192 said:
Why leave Chuches Turf for Willy B turf its a backward step were is the challenge& Vision. It shows lack of confidence in current playing stocks its send all the wrong messages to the group. The same goes for weapons all these player yoiu have recruited in still happy to stay in B turf why? Lack of confidence, glory hunting its second X1 cricket big deal. next you will tell me that Willy second X1 would kick the churches first X1 ass all day every day. where is the desire and spirit to achieve the ultimate goal without fear of failure you can and will never reach the ultimate goal. Have a go boys ur better than that b turf cup means nothing to anybody one in all in. no guts no glory!

go to the wdca thread for my reply........i did play half a year in vtca nth b1 albiet a short stay at the club i was at nth b1 aint much chop....

willy subbies 2nd 11 side of last year would nearly beat all of wdca 1st 11 sides...with 4 or 5 quality jnrs in it....i did say nearly......we wont go there because it wouldnt happen.....

my goal is the get the club in a good position before an assult on the a-turf.......anything wrong with that??

BigCoq;351192 said:
Why leave Chuches Turf for Willy B turf its a backward step were is the challenge& Vision. It shows lack of confidence in current playing stocks its send all the wrong messages to the group. The same goes for weapons all these player yoiu have recruited in still happy to stay in B turf why? Lack of confidence, glory hunting its second X1 cricket big deal. next you will tell me that Willy second X1 would kick the churches first X1 ass all day every day. where is the desire and spirit to achieve the ultimate goal without fear of failure you can and will never reach the ultimate goal. Have a go boys ur better than that b turf cup means nothing to anybody one in all in. no guts no glory!

go to the wdca thread for my reply........i did play half a year in vtca nth b1 albiet a short stay at the club i was at nth b1 aint much chop....

willy subbies 2nd 11 side of last year would nearly beat all of wdca 1st 11 sides...with 4 or 5 quality jnrs in it....i did say nearly......we wont go there because it wouldnt happen.....

my goal is the get the club in a good position before an assult on the a-turf.......anything wrong with that??

straight;351216 said:
so are you saying that no teams have gone up to A-turf or will go up?? Foots ANA have gone up, Colts have played some years in the b-turf. There is scope to move up and down the grades and if the comp can attract more teams then this will become more prevalent.

The VTCA just like the WDCA and the Churches have the final say on promotion and relegation, and use the rules to guide them.

You have made your decision to go to the VTCA, no need to bag other teams who have come to a different conclusion and either stayed in the churches or moved to the WDCA.

well said......;)

straight;351216 said:
so are you saying that no teams have gone up to A-turf or will go up?? Foots ANA have gone up, Colts have played some years in the b-turf. There is scope to move up and down the grades and if the comp can attract more teams then this will become more prevalent.

The VTCA just like the WDCA and the Churches have the final say on promotion and relegation, and use the rules to guide them.

You have made your decision to go to the VTCA, no need to bag other teams who have come to a different conclusion and either stayed in the churches or moved to the WDCA.

well said......;)

A.B De Villiers;351229 said:
This is what I don't understand. because if you look at Mycricket, the stats aren't outstanding. good, but not world beating. i can say for myself, mine were below where I wanted. I think the fact is, they are young, they have shown some talent and the churches may not be where they want to be. now I cant speak on behalf of mat, but I can for the other bloke. :p

I will say however, that I haven't signed anywhere. I have had conversations with a few clubs that are interested in me. (cant really see why to tell you the truth) and i haven't made a decision as yet.

Billy, not sure what is going down at springs, a few blokes are left from last year, but not the full 1st XI. I'm always interested in what others are doing, and as I have explained before, I will gladly put my point of view across as well. In your wisdom, where should I go? You have noted subbies and/or 4ths at district? coming from a churches comp and making a tick over 300 runs. that's a bit thin on substance i feel. Willy comp B? mate never seen it, so cant have an opinion. Nth A1? I played there (although a couple of seasons ago now) and although better standard than churches, its not out of this world. Look, I'm looking to get some runs under my belt, and a few more miles in the WK gloves, before i can go off to subbies/districts. If you feel that I should be at Nth A1, so be it, but I cant see myself being at that standard just yet, so I will look at the offers I have at the moment (which dont include Nth A1) and go from there.

Hope that clears a little more up, or is just confuses the hell out of everyone, sorry! I have a mountain of uni work, and 2 red bulls in the day. you can only imagine!

if your thinking of going to subbies........williamstown c.c no question.......

This is what I don't understand. because if you look at Mycricket, the stats aren't outstanding. good, but not world beating. i can say for myself, mine were below where I wanted. I think the fact is, they are young, they have shown some talent and the churches may not be where they want to be. now I cant speak on behalf of mat, but I can for the other bloke. :p

I will say however, that I haven't signed anywhere. I have had conversations with a few clubs that are interested in me. (cant really see why to tell you the truth) and i haven't made a decision as yet.

Billy, not sure what is going down at springs, a few blokes are left from last year, but not the full 1st XI. I'm always interested in what others are doing, and as I have explained before, I will gladly put my point of view across as well. In your wisdom, where should I go? You have noted subbies and/or 4ths at district? coming from a churches comp and making a tick over 300 runs. that's a bit thin on substance i feel. Willy comp B? mate never seen it, so cant have an opinion. Nth A1? I played there (although a couple of seasons ago now) and although better standard than churches, its not out of this world. Look, I'm looking to get some runs under my belt, and a few more miles in the WK gloves, before i can go off to subbies/districts. If you feel that I should be at Nth A1, so be it, but I cant see myself being at that standard just yet, so I will look at the offers I have at the moment (which dont include Nth A1) and go from there.

Hope that clears a little more up, or is just confuses the hell out of everyone, sorry! I have a mountain of uni work, and 2 red bulls in the day. you can only imagine!

if your thinking of going to subbies........williamstown c.c no question.......

weapons05/06;351280 said:
well said......;)

champ in not bagging anyone every one makes there own calls as they see fit for the good of there club.
just feel Congs arent gaining anything by going to willy b turf.
Weapons is saying how well he has done in his recruitment and from the outside it sounds as if he has a competent squad to compete in the big league but his vision is quite plausabile.
i think that the balance between A turf and B turf will be out of kilter
10 A turf and up to 15 B turf that cant be good can it.
perhaps a couple of teams would need to step up to balance thing out from a draw perspective but its a free world and best of luck to all moving into the future.

weapons05/06;351280 said:
well said......;)

champ in not bagging anyone every one makes there own calls as they see fit for the good of there club.
Weapons is saying how well he has done in his recruitment and from the outside it sounds as if he has a competent squad to compete in the big league but his vision is quite plausabile.
i think that the balance between A turf and B turf will be out of kilter
10 A turf and up to 15 B turf that cant be good can it.
perhaps a couple of teams would need to step up to balance thing out from a draw perspective but its a free world and best of luck to all moving into the future.

BigCoq;351391 said:

Interesting you say that...not trying to start an argument, but surely its not much different to you guys going to North B1. Sure, there is more scope to reach a higher level of cricket if you guys can get to senior div, but you are both starting out in a lower level of cricket looking to move up the ranks. The main difference being they are staying local and you will be playing further away.

BigCoq;351391 said:

Interesting you say that...not trying to start an argument, but surely its not much different to you guys going to North B1. Sure, there is more scope to reach a higher level of cricket if you guys can get to senior div, but you are both starting out in a lower level of cricket looking to move up the ranks. The main difference being they are staying local and you will be playing further away.

AB, if you are a young bloke hoping to play subbies or district, dont waste any more time playing below that level now in somewhere like Nth B. Get yourself to a Subbies or Senior Div club with a good coach and good facilities and improve against and with better players. You wont improve any better than the standard you play. Nth B is going nowhere, if you have a crack higher up and it doesnt work out, go to Nth B then. You will be a better Nth B player for having done it.

Just mho...;)

AB, if you are a young bloke hoping to play subbies or district, dont waste any more time playing below that level now in somewhere like Nth B. Get yourself to a Subbies or Senior Div club with a good coach and good facilities and improve against and with better players. You wont improve any better than the standard you play. Nth B is going nowhere, if you have a crack higher up and it doesnt work out, go to Nth B then. You will be a better Nth B player for having done it.

Just mho...;)

tcnthat;351791 said:

Just mho...;)

thanks tim.........:confused:

tcnthat;351791 said:

Just mho...;)

weapons05/06;351819 said:

Ah Weapons.... Is that the best response you have? I think the point that was being made is relevant. You can always go back if things do not work out. Having said that, I would not want any of our clubs juniors to go and play Subbie 2nds, 3rds or 4ths, no disrespect to those who do play that level. IMO Senior div VTCA is a far better proving ground for those that have the ability and drive to improve. I am always going to encourage the juniors to play at the highest/best grade they can. This means if the choice was to play with a Subbies lower 11 or a Senior VTCA 1st or 2nd 11, I know where i would think they are better off. I have seen too many juniors take off for the District ranks and wallow in the 3rds and 4ths for years on end, when they more than likely would have been given an opportunity to have played 1st in the VTCA.

Now i do not wish to get into a debate over which comp is better etc, it is just very disapointing to have seen a few kids get taken for the ride or washed in the hype of "playing district or Subbies".

All IMO!!!!!!

weapons05/06;351819 said:

Ah Weapons.... Is that the best response you have? I think the point that was being made is relevant. You can always go back if things do not work out. Having said that, I would not want any of our clubs juniors to go and play Subbie 2nds, 3rds or 4ths, no disrespect to those who do play that level. IMO Senior div VTCA is a far better proving ground for those that have the ability and drive to improve. I am always going to encourage the juniors to play at the highest/best grade they can. This means if the choice was to play with a Subbies lower 11 or a Senior VTCA 1st or 2nd 11, I know where i would think they are better off. I have seen too many juniors take off for the District ranks and wallow in the 3rds and 4ths for years on end, when they more than likely would have been given an opportunity to have played 1st in the VTCA.

Now i do not wish to get into a debate over which comp is better etc, it is just very disapointing to have seen a few kids get taken for the ride or washed in the hype of "playing district or Subbies".

All IMO!!!!!!

Too Old Body Broke;351914 said:

All IMO!!!!!!

well said wise man !
question do u think it would be better for an up and coming 18 years old to go play in willy b comp or vtca b comp and why.

All IMO!!!!!!

well said wise man !
question do u think it would be better for an up and coming 18 years old to go play in willy b comp or vtca b comp and why.

BigCoq;351919 said:
well said wise man !

Again, without getting into this comp is better than that one sh_t fight, I am not sure there would be too much between them. As I have not played in either, a bit hard to make a comment. I will say that if I was at a club in either of these grades, and an 18 yo showed a fair deal of promise, I would be encouraging him to look to play at a higher grade for maybe 1-2 years to see if he has what it takes to go on to a district club. If he finds that he is out of his depth, head on back to your junior/previous club and enjoy. It would also be important to be sure that he has learnt as much as he can from the people at his original club before thinking about moving up.

It really does annoy me that local clubs lose their quality juniors to rot in lower 11's at subbies and district, when they could more than likely have played some quality cricket in possibly the 1st 11.

Again, all IMO.

How is the recruiting going Big Q??

BigCoq;351919 said:
well said wise man !

Again, without getting into this comp is better than that one sh_t fight, I am not sure there would be too much between them. As I have not played in either, a bit hard to make a comment. I will say that if I was at a club in either of these grades, and an 18 yo showed a fair deal of promise, I would be encouraging him to look to play at a higher grade for maybe 1-2 years to see if he has what it takes to go on to a district club. If he finds that he is out of his depth, head on back to your junior/previous club and enjoy. It would also be important to be sure that he has learnt as much as he can from the people at his original club before thinking about moving up.

It really does annoy me that local clubs lose their quality juniors to rot in lower 11's at subbies and district, when they could more than likely have played some quality cricket in possibly the 1st 11.

Again, all IMO.

Sticking the knife in a little are we BigQ? Nice. Who said this person in question was up and coming?

Decision has been made. I will be heading to the congs for this upcoming season. before you all jump up and down about how wrong it is or how right it is. please bare in mind this was my decision. I have made consultations with many people, both inside and outside cricket and feel I've made a made an educated decision. There is a plan to this, as there with everything in life, so dont think this a stab in the dark. please do debate this, I'm all for it and will engage in it as i have many others my age who are going through the same thing, but debate in general not in specific cases.

Cheers,
AB
P.s did anyone see him demolish scotland? superstar.

Sticking the knife in a little are we BigQ? Nice. Who said this person in question was up and coming?

Decision has been made. I will be heading to the congs for this upcoming season. before you all jump up and down about how wrong it is or how right it is. please bare in mind this was my decision. I have made consultations with many people, both inside and outside cricket and feel I've made a made an educated decision. There is a plan to this, as there with everything in life, so dont think this a stab in the dark. please do debate this, I'm all for it and will engage in it as i have many others my age who are going through the same thing, but debate in general not in specific cases.

Cheers,
AB

Too Old Body Broke;351931 said:

Again, all IMO.

Got a couple and lost a couple of potential newbies. win some and lose some.The rest of the crew are on board no departures from the hen house yet anyhow.
Got a coach over the weekend all good.
Young A.B. yea a slight crack mate a bit disappointed with your decision but at the end of the day you know whats best for you. Would have loved to see u attend preseason and then make an fully informed decision.
Oh well not to be so best of luck at the Congs and i also hope you get into the finals and dont languish in b grade for the next year or two even though i believe Congs are good enough to play in the A grade.
Kick Ass Kid.

Too Old Body Broke;351931 said:

Again, all IMO.

Got a couple and lost a couple of potential newbies. win some and lose some.The rest of the crew are on board no departures from the hen house yet anyhow.
Young A.B. yea a slight crack mate a bit disappointed with your decision but at the end of the day you know whats best for you. Would have loved to see u attend preseason and then make an fully informed decision.
Oh well not to be so best of luck at the Congs and i also hope you get into the finals and dont languish in b grade for the next year or two even though i believe Congs are good enough to play in the A grade.
Kick Ass Kid.

BigCoq;351934 said:
Got a couple and lost a couple of potential newbies. win some and lose some. The rest of the crew are on board no departures from the hen house yet anyhow.
Kick Ass Kid.
go us.

BigCoq;351934 said:
Got a couple and lost a couple of potential newbies. win some and lose some. The rest of the crew are on board no departures from the hen house yet anyhow.
Kick Ass Kid.
go us.

BigCoq;351934 said:
Got a couple and lost a couple more. win some and lose some.
Kick Ass Kid.

yeah cheers mate, will be down there at some point having a beer or two, no doubt. you know my stance on the pre-season but yeah i can understand your frustration, although you may uncovered a diamond in the rough with the other young keeper. good luck to you boys, im sure you will be successful in vtca :D

BigCoq;351934 said:
Got a couple and lost a couple more. win some and lose some.
Kick Ass Kid.

yeah cheers mate, will be down there at some point having a beer or two, no doubt. you know my stance on the pre-season but yeah i can understand your frustration, although you may uncovered a diamond in the rough with the other young keeper. good luck to you boys, im sure you will be successful in vtca :D

A.B De Villiers;351933 said:

Cheers,
AB

A.B,

What is your decision based on? Looks like Roosters were after you but you refused to play at a higher standard?

A.B De Villiers;351933 said:

Cheers,
AB

A.B,

What is your decision based on? Looks like Roosters were after you but you refused to play at a higher standard?

Unknown;351941 said:
A.B,

I made my decision based on many factors, some not cricket related. Now I don't think my personal deliberations need to made public on a site like this. As for playing in a higher standard, I think that debate has been bled dry without any real conclusion.

Unknown;351941 said:
A.B,

I made my decision based on many factors, some not cricket related. Now I don't think my personal deliberations need to made public on a site like this. As for playing in a higher standard, I think that debate has been bled dry without any real conclusion.

please take into consideration when you are choosing where to play especially if you are young. The key to developing your game comes at TRAINING and those you TRAIN against. This is why many young players go to Premier Cricket and Sub district cricket , because they train and prepare better than lower/social cricket clubs !!!!
And Pre Season is the MOST important time of all , this is where you are often afforded more one on one time by coaching staff and are able to tinker with your game without the pressure of match day results.
Good Luck guys !!

please take into consideration when you are choosing where to play especially if you are young. The key to developing your game comes at TRAINING and those you TRAIN against. This is why many young players go to Premier Cricket and Sub district cricket , because they train and prepare better than lower/social cricket clubs !!!!
And Pre Season is the MOST important time of all , this is where you are often afforded more one on one time by coaching staff and are able to tinker with your game without the pressure of match day results.
Good Luck guys !!

All IMO!!!!!!

lol......i couldnt be stuffed either.....i know tcnthat and was just being a bit sarcastic towards him.......;)

1 point though.......you would rather them play in vtca where the grounds/wickets lets be honest arnt much chop much like local comps........what a better way to improve your game by training on turf playing on quality grounds which district 3rds and 4ths are not so much subby 3rds n 4ths but if you r good enough to play subby 2's which most subby 2's teams are made up of mostly jnr players
you would get to play on grounds/wickets much better than the local comps.......

at the end of the day if kids go to district/subby's clubs im sure it wouldnt be a waste of time even though they wernt good enough to go up the grades.....

and 1 more if they have what it takes they will progress up the grades if they dont show or want to work harder at their game they will go nowhere.......

your right we could debate all day long im a former jnr coach of willy's 17'as(underfeated premiers i might add) and 15'bs its great to see kids take the challenge to go to district which a handfull have and its even better seeing them play with me in the one's and two's at willy at subby level and doing well.........my goal was for them to be prepared to know what to expect and handle different situations that a game of cricket at subby level is all about.......7 have debut over the last 2 years in the ones in a team that hasnt lost that many games and im rapt for them to get an opportunity even if its at my expence.....

cheers

All IMO!!!!!!

lol......i couldnt be stuffed either.....i know tcnthat and was just being a bit sarcastic towards him.......;)

1 point though.......you would rather them play in vtca where the grounds/wickets lets be honest arnt much chop much like local comps........what a better way to improve your game by training on turf playing on quality grounds which district 3rds and 4ths are not so much subby 3rds n 4ths but if you r good enough to play subby 2's which most subby 2's teams are made up of mostly jnr players
you would get to play on grounds/wickets much better than the local comps.......

at the end of the day if kids go to district/subby's clubs im sure it wouldnt be a waste of time even though they wernt good enough to go up the grades.....

and 1 more if they have what it takes they will progress up the grades if they dont show or want to work harder at their game they will go nowhere.......

your right we could debate all day long im a former jnr coach of willy's 17'as(underfeated premiers i might add) and 15'bs its great to see kids take the challenge to go to district which a handfull have and its even better seeing them play with me in the one's and two's at willy at subby level and doing well.........my goal was for them to be prepared to know what to expect and handle different situations that a game of cricket at subby level is all about.......7 have debut over the last 2 years in the ones in a team that hasnt lost that many games and im rapt for them to get an opportunity even if its at my expence.....

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back