Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

WDCAcricketer;193301 said:
How would Caroline Springs, Melton South & Altona Sports A grade sides go in the Turf comp?

All those sides should be in the comp now. In the churches comp, those three teams, especially Caroline Springs and Melton South should be playing. Melton South remember played semi's the year prior to pulling out in turf. The Association should have made both those mentioned sides front up in the turf grade. The competition would have been better for it, and you wouldnt have Roosters 2 being forced to play in a grade that they are clearly not capable of playing in. No disrespect to the boys, but they are aware of this.

Having all those three sides in the comp would be fantastic, more competitive and to be honest, they are all playing below were they should be.

WDCAcricketer;193301 said:
How would Caroline Springs, Melton South & Altona Sports A grade sides go in the Turf comp?

They would go ok I'd imagine, Centrals, Congs and St, Johns would account for them but who know's about the rest?

Mirrors;193303 said:
All those sides should be in the comp now. In the churches comp, those three teams, especially Caroline Springs and Melton South should be playing. Melton South remember played semi's the year prior to pulling out in turf. The Association should have made both those mentioned sides front up in the turf grade. The competition would have been better for it, and you wouldnt have Roosters 2 being forced to play in a grade that they are clearly not capable of playing in. No disrespect to the boys, but they are aware of this.

Having all those three sides in the comp would be fantastic, more competitive and to be honest, they are all playing below were they should be.

Im Assuming the Altona Roosters second side Volunteered to go in the turf comp? The comp may lose a few clubs if they dont get more stronger sides in the Turf comp. Roumoured that Melton Centrals where looking to go elsewhere though no home turf ground is a set back.

WDCAcricketer;193310 said:
Im Assuming the Altona Roosters second side Volunteered to go in the turf comp? The comp may lose a few clubs if they dont get more stronger sides in the Turf comp. Roumoured that Melton Centrals where looking to go elsewhere though no home turf ground is a set back.

I heard that rumor as well, the association needs to be much more firm with those clubs or else the turf grade will fold. Still a very good grade of cricket and would be a shame for this to happen. I can't see the association letting that happen though.:(

wait there!!!;193312 said:
I heard that rumor as well, the association needs to be much more firm with those clubs or else the turf grade will fold. Still a very good grade of cricket and would be a shame for this to happen. I can't see the association letting that happen though.:(

Yes, heard the same thing. The association needs to be firm. The loss of a side would be almost the end for the turf grade me thinks.

Melton dont have a turf home ground which makes it tough, I also heard they were maybe swapping comps????

Whateva the case, the comp needs to be firm to sides that should play up but dont. The association needs to think about putting a turf ground in at the Gray Reserve. That would open up a turf ground for the comp and make life easier in attracting sides to play in the association.

WDCAcricketer;193310 said:

I dont know if it was voluntary, but it appears as though it will be lambs to the slaughter. The thing is the blokes in the side know that they fall away quickley. Maybe the idea was brought up and the lack of depth in the grade made it an easy decision for the association to say yes???

It needs to be an agenda item for the association to get another turf ground, and the Gray reserve in Willy is the most logical.

Mirrors;193320 said:
I dont know if it was voluntary, but it appears as though it will be lambs to the slaughter. The thing is the blokes in the side know that they fall away quickley. Maybe the idea was brought up and the lack of depth in the grade made it an easy decision for the association to say yes???

It needs to be an agenda item for the association to get another turf ground, and the Gray reserve in Willy is the most logical.

Isn't it a very expensive process?

I believe there was a meeting between council and the 2 clubs that play at the gray and cost was $30,000.00. I guess between three it seems possible???

Plus that isnt counting on the association to tip in. I reckon its possible, depends on how many others would be fair dinkum.

Mirrors;193323 said:
I believe there was a meeting between council and the 2 clubs that play at the gray and cost was $30,000.00. I guess between three it seems possible???

Plus that isnt counting on the association to tip in. I reckon its possible, depends on how many others would be fair dinkum.

You sound like a Congs or a St. Johns player???
Is this the case??

wait there!!!;193327 said:
You sound like a Congs or a St. Johns player???
Is this the case??

We hardly know each other Wait there. A bit to early to reveal my true Identity.

Mirrors;193331 said:
We hardly know each other Wait there. A bit to early to reveal my true Identity.

Fair enough, I'll take that as a yes.....
Ha ha I just have to work out which team.

Mirrors;193331 said:

I see former churches side Kingy Baps are struggling in the VTCA,, l heard there was a push from a few players to go back to the churches. Also l see Barkly St arent doing much better in the Mooney Valley comp. Would give the churches two turf grounds if they were to come back to the comp.

Also churches only having one turf grade is a draw back in attracting new sides, most like two field two sides in the turf grade.

WDCAcricketer;193500 said:
I see former churches side Kingy Baps are struggling in the VTCA,, l heard there was a push from a few players to go back to the churches. Also l see Barkly St arent doing much better in the Mooney Valley comp. Would give the churches two turf grounds if they were to come back to the comp.

Also churches only having one turf grade is a draw back in attracting new sides, most like two field two sides in the turf grade.

That would be great if it were the case. The comp is ok and still relitively new when it comes to turf and are probably still learning along the way. They will get there slowly, with a few ups and downs along the way.

Let's not forget that the Willi comp used to be a lot stronger then it is currently. Teams like GU that dominate for so long impact on the comp in a big way, along with the people who run the comp who decide to sit on their hands and let it happen is a disgrace.

I heard a rumor that the Chuches comp and the Willi comp were very close to merging but the churches comp pulled the pin because the Willi comp didn't want the word 'chuches' in the new title....... And that was the only thing that stopped it from going ahead!;)

Wait there. I hear that is the case with your rumor. The word churches was the killer to the deal.

The comp is OK, just 2 key issues are a lack of competitive teams in turf, and the lack of good turf wickets.

The introduction of new teams with turf grounds would be sensational.

WDCAcricketer, The more competitive teams the better.

The competiton needs the teams with grounds ready to play, and the comp will benefit from that because of the extra exposure.

Simply answers, but hard to put into place. The comp also has some people in high places that seem to let the times pass them by, which is the case for many associations.

wait there!!!;193547 said:
That would be great if it were the case. The comp is ok and still relitively new when it comes to turf and are probably still learning along the way. They will get there slowly, with a few ups and downs along the way.

Let's not forget that the Willi comp used to be a lot stronger then it is currently. Teams like GU that dominate for so long impact on the comp in a big way, along with the people who run the comp who decide to sit on their hands and let it happen is a disgrace.

I heard a rumor that the Chuches comp and the Willi comp were very close to merging but the churches comp pulled the pin because the Willi comp didn't want the word 'chuches' in the new title....... And that was the only thing that stopped it from going ahead!;)

I think the merger talks will continue. Wasnt long ago that the willi comp was in big trouble and almost folded. With Newport Baseballers & Point Cook crossing over from the churches giving them a life line. Also GU are aging and they are not as dominant as once they where, with this you may find a few clubs that Crossed over to the VTCA come back to the comp.

In recent times weve seen a few teams play in B & C turf, which where some VTCA sides sixths,sevenths & in one case Eights. Which made it a joke playing against these teams. Very well for admitting new teams in the comp, they must grade them appropiately.

Id think a merger b/w willi comp and churches would be good, Since the existing sides in the Willi comp & churches are all over the place, calling it the Western Suburbs Cricket Assoc would be a good move. You could have 3 good turf grades. Where the 3rd turf grade could be composite grade where teams with no turf ground could have a opportunity to play turf on away games.

Dont know how they would go about grading the sides. Probably could have bottom 3 Willi A turf grades relegated to B turf and have the 3 top turf Churches teams start of in A turf.

After doing a little bit of research, Willi comp have 51 senior sides playing through out the senior grades and Churches have 41 senior sides. Effectively you could have 10 grades of Senior cricket going. Which would make it one of the biggest local comps.

borntigerfan;193701 said:
Good news St. Andrews C.C turf side had their first win for the year.

Who????

Just kidding;) ;) :D

i hear roosters 1 had congs in trouble on sat, 9 for 150 and the last wicket put on 70+. what happened there??? good batting or bad bowling???

1short;195060 said:
i hear roosters 1 had congs in trouble on sat, 9 for 150 and the last wicket put on 70+. what happened there??? good batting or bad bowling???

I heard that as well, Congs have only had one good knock so far, their bowling has got them over the line every time.
Roosters (2) made over 200 against St. Johns.............:eek:

Who are your favourites for the flag here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back