• West Coke

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Who will win the AFL flag?

Ljp86;222526 said:
Fremantle, West Coast and Melbourne are the three worst sides. Fremantle can argue they've lost games by close margins but if they were any good, they'd win those games. Also doesn't help when you recruit spuds like Kepler Bradley (Kram :D). The Dockers need to do a major cleanout and despite the protests from some fans, they do need it. Short term pain is a lot better than continually being uncompetitive. Their youngsters look pretty good too and of course they have Pavlich. West Coast are terrible but their kids looks good and like Fremantle, need a massive clean out. Too many players have been carried for the past few years while some are past their best.

Bit of bullshit putting us in the same catorgory as W.Coast, at least we have been having a go instead of bending over and raising the white flag. Not sure what's up with everyone's obbsesion with Kepler Bradley, when he's played he has been ok, when not selected works hard in the WAFL... you rarely get anyone half decent 4th round. Plenty of players on Fremantle's list that are far more deserving of criticism.. Scott Thornton FFS.

Kram81;222626 said:
Bit of bullshit putting us in the same catorgory as W.Coast, at least we have been having a go instead of bending over and raising the white flag.

Not really, Fremantle and West Coast are in similar positions. Both clubs need to rebuild and flush out a lot of the deadwood, there are a lot of players who probably shouldn't be on each respective list. Then there are those who haven't quite lived up to expectation and those who should have retired at the end of last season.

Fremantle might think they are better, several close losses seems to have overinflated the opinion on the club in general (i.e. "oh, they've been unlucky") but in reality, they are still 2-11 and despite being a lot more competitive, their win-loss record remains the same as West Coast's. "Putting up more fight" is not a valid argument to be justifying why Freo are better than West Coast and Melbourne, Melbourne beat the Dockers remember, after trailing by 51 points in the third quarter. Even though they are fighting hard, they simply aren't good enough to win the close games at the present time and with the list they have currently, Fremantle won't be successful any time soon.

Kram81 said:
Not sure what's up with everyone's obbsesion with Kepler Bradley, when he's played he has been ok, when not selected works hard in the WAFL... you rarely get anyone half decent 4th round. Plenty of players on Fremantle's list that are far more deserving of criticism.. Scott Thornton FFS.

Kepler Bradley is a backwards selection, there is just no other way to describe it. I really don't know why Harvey would go after a bona fide dud, the minds boggles as to why he's done that.

Should be delisted at the end of the year.

Essendon have no scored 3 on the trot. You watch out for the mighty bombers could be the greatest comeback ever :eek:@|

Ljp86;222669 said:
. "Putting up more fight" is not a valid argument to be justifying why Freo are better than West Coast and Melbourne

I can't believe that. Are you taking the piss?

Ljp86;222669 said:
Kepler Bradley is a backwards selection, there is just no other way to describe it. I really don't know why Harvey would go after a bona fide dud, the minds boggles as to why he's done that.

Should be delisted at the end of the year.

Have you actually watched him play at all this year or are you just taking this from general B.Footy wisdom? Kepler should not and will not be de-listed this year, plenty more heads should/will roll before him. If ever there was a classic backwards decision it was Mark Johnson for example. Kepler is 22. I'm accepting for criticism against Fremantle and there should be plenty.. but most have have NFI.

Kram81;223079 said:
I can't believe that. Are you taking the piss?

Nup. Tell me why Fremantle are better than West Coast and Melbourne. Tell me why Fremantle should be classified higher than West Coast and Melbourne. For a team was almost favourite for the flag, they have shown nothing again this season I'm intrigued to know why they seem to be so much better but have exactly the same win-loss ratio. Losing by 10 points or 100 points is still the same thing, a loss. If you're trying to hang your hat on the "honourable loss" stand then you have totally the wrong attitude.

Kram81 said:
Have you actually watched him play at all this year or are you just taking this from general B.Footy wisdom? Kepler should not and will not be de-listed this year, plenty more heads should/will roll before him. If ever there was a classic backwards decision it was Mark Johnson for example. Kepler is 22. I'm accepting for criticism against Fremantle and there should be plenty.. but most have have NFI.

Yep, I've watched him a few times this season. He hasn't done a lot to really justify his selection in the draft. Sure, his first few games were alright but he hasn't done a lot since then. He now finds himself back in the WAFL and will probably play against Subiaco this week after what was described as a disappointing effort against Swan Districts.

You say Johnson is a backwards pick? What about Bradley? What is Bradley going to give Freo in the next few years that a young kid picked up in the draft couldn't? Bradley has been tried and he failed at Essendon, so why pick up a player who has already been discarded by another club? Kram, you even said earlier in this thread that Bradley is most likely "going to be a spud", so why bother picking him up?

I really can't believe why Fremantle keep justifying this selection. Two of my best mates support Fremantle and even they are baffled as to why Bradley was even selected. I just can't understand why a team who has shown quite a bit of potential in the past would go and pick a players who has been tried and failed. Unbelievable.

WC and Freo are just as bad as each other Kram, deal with it. 2001 all over again except WC are slightly worse than Freo this year.

In fact you have far more reason to be disappointed than WC as you were actually touted to go close this year.

As usual Freo come up short. Whenever your club is favourites to win a game, they fail. You lost to Essendon at home FFS. In fact watch as your team rises with pride and courage when it plays WC in the next derby, only to lose the following week. A disgrace.

And Kepler has played reasonably well but will always be seen as another Essendon discard who went to Freo. When Lucas did his knee in Rnd 1 I thought hmm Freo will be licking their lips in anticipation of grabbing a 29 yr old with a bad knee.

Ljp86;223092 said:
If you're trying to hang your hat on the "honourable loss" stand then you have totally the wrong attitude.

To me this screams of deflection. You are grouping a team that that drops the head and gets pumped by triple figures with one that is competitive. That's the wrong attitude playing Aussie Rules IMO. And no I'm not hanging my 'hat' on Fremantle being just competitive at all, in fact it really pisses me off, losing.

Competitive?

So what.

At the end of the day the 4 points are what is remembered not how "competitive" you were.

FFS 2-11 means failure of an epidemic proportion. Deal with it.

It will hurt you and your Freo buddys when WC rebuild and get closer to another tilt at the flag.

Enjoy our floggings, WC dont sustain them for long.

Kram81;223098 said:
To me this screams of deflection. You are grouping a team that that drops the head and gets pumped by triple figures with one that is competitive. That's the wrong attitude playing Aussie Rules IMO. And no I'm not hanging my 'hat' on Fremantle being just competitive at all, in fact it really pisses me off, losing.

Mate, no matter what the score, whether it be a one point or a 100 point loss, the result remains the same - it's still a loss. The fact that you're trying to justify that a small loss is better than a thrashing is pointless. Being competitive means ******** all when you're team is 2 and 12 from 14 rounds. The stats may say Freo are better, but in reality they aren't and having a record which is identical to a side which is being thrashed most weeks really doesn't flatter Fremantle at all one iota.

I hate losing as well, I ********ing hate it with a passion. I don't enjoy my team getting smashed by 135 points, no-one would. But Fremantle remain with an identical record to West Coast, and that doesn't really demonstrate that Fremantle are a better side despite being more competitive.

Of course it means failure any way you look at it being 2-11. But the way you blokes brush off being humiliated like that is unbelievable. Playing footy at any level being embarrassed like that is shamefull.

And what the fark has where Kepler came from have to do with with his value on our list? I bet you were giggling saying Essendon 'reject' to yourself? Perhaps actually comment on some of his deficiencies?

Kram81;223107 said:
Of course it means failure any way you look at it being 2-11. But the way you blokes brush off being humiliated like that is unbelievable. Playing footy at any level being embarrassed like that is shamefull.

It sure is embarassing, it's pathetic and should not at all by acceptable. I don't want to get beaten by 135 points every week, who does? But, what is the point of constantly going on about it? There's very little to gain from flogging or berating players over a heavy loss, nothing will be learnt. The players won't learn much from copping a spray, if anything it'll only see their spirits or demeanour decrease further, today's athletes learn little from being screamed at for a bad loss. The supporters have a right to be angry, so do Woosha and the coaching staff, and I'm sure they would have got a fierce talking to after that loss but nothing will be learnt by constantly concentrating on that game.

I can guarantee if the same thing happened to Fremantle, Mark Harvey and the Fremantle coaching staff would react the same way West Coast. It's all about moving forward and trying to better the club. Heavy losses can be learnt upon.

Kram81 said:
And what the fark has where Kepler came from have to do with with his value on our list? I bet you were giggling saying Essendon 'reject' to yourself? Perhaps actually comment on some of his deficiencies?

Everything. Players that have been tried previously have to be able to offer something to a prospective club that players on their current list can't. Harvey obviously saw something in Bradley that none of the other Freo players could provide hence he was drafted. But, the real question is, is what does Bradley provide to Fremantle and what can he do to improve Freo as a club? Has he done anything to suggest he is worth keeping for the future? Could a young draft pick do a better job? These are the questions that Kepler must answer and he needs to answer them with his on-field form.

I personally think Kepler is a little slow but that mostly is derived from his height. I reckon he would also want to improve his kicking too as well as his mobility. Rob Warnock is a superior back-up ruckman.

What an idiot I was for tipping that West Coast would be right up there as premiership contenders at the start of the year.:eek:

Big Man;225380 said:
LOL Guru.

WC to beat Richmond tomorrow.

well you got that one wrong didn't you?

they were SMASHED!

aussieman;226069 said:
well you got that one wrong didn't you?

they were SMASHED!

:eek:

Totally.

Very embarrassing, first I have been this season, including the Geelong game.

A disgrace.

Back