Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Bayside Swifts;361407 said:
You seem to know alot there Weapons, i know Hanni tried to get alot of those blokes in the last few years but didnt work out.

I am told all the boys recruited are all good friends which is good to see.
Young Blokes who don't have the desire to play higher and just want to focus on there Future and play Local Cricket.

Who are the top 4 predictions this year. Digman with Armstrong and Pobega would Start Favourites along with Grand United, Whydhamvale seem confident of making the top 4 but with out any inclusions it could be a tough ask, Having Played against them last year and knowing roughly whos picked up who they are along way out.

Laverton would be a strong contender, Blokes like Shield, Logan Smith n co

Willy Imps?

Alot of talk early which is good,

West Newport are following the Lead of Clubs like Ringwood in the Premier cricket who have won the last 2 district flags with 8-9 blokes under the age of 23, and no State Players.

Time Will Tell

My prediction Colts to take it out

Have colts recruited well? As they were in the hunt for most of last season but failed to finish off strongly dropping to 7th.

futurecompchamp;361165 said:
oh really district players whoop whoop, they will do as much as any1 else in this comp... ill put money on it that who ever they are wont make over 350 runs or 30+ wickets... every1 knows that district players dont play well in this comp

Does the names Mills & Chugg ring a bell the 2 best bowlers by far to have played in the willy comp over the past 20 years and both could have got a game as batsmen. Check their stats and finals records and i think you might have a different view.

Paul Burns & Jamie Rubelli use to go alright with the bat and John sharp won a Dawes medal.

These five were all regular district first players l think you are getting confused with the difference between quaility district players and guys who have played in the lower grades.

rohan;361178 said:
its about time someone spoke some sense on here...

west newport seem to have a lot of young blokes, which is good except alot of those new blokes will play for themself because why would they wanna do the team thing for a club they have no passion for at all, and they are all ahhh how do i put it, rather confident in themselves. they will all be easily sucked in ill put money on that.

Only time will tell but l can tell you that they have all copped shit before playing in higher levels. One thing about youth they have no fear and reputations mean jack to them l am very confident they will give as good as they take and wouldn't be suprised if some of them become the aggressors especially the couple that bowl at good pace.

Also l think it is a good thing being confident in your own abilities it is a trait that all good players have just look at last years Dawes Medalist and the impact he had on Wyndhamvale winning the flag.

West Riff Raff;361592 said:
Only time will tell but l can tell you that they have all copped shit before playing in higher levels. One thing about youth they have no fear and reputations mean jack to them l am very confident they will give as good as they take and wouldn't be suprised if some of them become the aggressors especially the couple that bowl at good pace.

Also l think it is a good thing being confident in your own abilities it is a trait that all good players have just look at last years Dawes Medalist and the impact he had on Wyndhamvale winning the flag.

id love to face kappa...hahahaha...and seriously if his knee holds up which in the past it hasnt chris and corey would be sharper than him.......peter hick now if he can land em gee he'd be a gun(weapon)........and probably more influential than your new group.......

they played at higher levels in sh1t teams lets be honest here........and their stats arnt too much chop either.....and when the heat got turned up they left....anyway riff raff how can you speak for them........maybe you should join the coaching panel as well.........

from my opinion when you guys last won the flag in the vtca you guys bought alot of experiance into the club with $$$$ you cant beat experiance......but when those players left the club fell in a big hole true or not....???....so when the heat gets turned up on these young blokes like their old clubs they are likely to fail.........my opinion only........

weapons05/06;361672 said:
id love to face kappa...hahahaha...and seriously if his knee holds up which in the past it hasnt chris and corey would be sharper than him.......peter hick now if he can land em gee he'd be a gun(weapon)........and probably more influential than your new group.......

they played at higher levels in sh1t teams lets be honest here........and their stats arnt too much chop either.....and when the heat got turned up they left....anyway riff raff how can you speak for them........maybe you should join the coaching panel as well.........

from my opinion when you guys last won the flag in the vtca you guys bought alot of experiance into the club with $$$$ you cant beat experiance......but when those players left the club fell in a big hole true or not....???....so when the heat gets turned up on these young blokes like their old clubs they are likely to fail.........my opinion only........

Popgun only time will tell. If you and your new club had any balls they would nominate for the vaccant A Turf spot this season then you would have the opportunity first hand to see these guys in action and maybe you can make a more educated assessment..........my opinion only..........

West Riff Raff;361739 said:
Popgun only time will tell. If you and your new club had any balls they would nominate for the vaccant A Turf spot this season then you would have the opportunity first hand to see these guys in action and maybe you can make a more educated assessment..........my opinion only..........
why is the spot vacant? someone drop down to B Turf?

jag in said:
why is the spot vacant? Someone drop down to b turf?

i am hearing ana with point cook looking for a turf wicket to go up. Not sure if this is true or only gossip.

West Riff Raff;361739 said:

back to popgun now is it..........???

nope we are in a rebuilding faze.......give me some time to see what we've got.........we WILL be up there........

you know what situation we are in anyway because you keep ringing me.........:eek:

maybe the truth hurts.......

weapons05/06;361851 said:

nope we are in a rebuilding faze.......give me some time to see what we've got.........we WILL be up there........

you know what situation we are in anyway because you keep ringing me.........:eek:

We are in a rebuilding stage also but you don't see us hiding in B Turf we would prefer to test ourselves against the comps best to see where we are really at and not get a false sense of security playing against second elevens.After last season where we were very competitive we identified what areas we needed to improve in and went out and recruited accordinately by bringing in 5 top order bats and a pace bowler.

All good clubs should be in a state of continuous improvement and have short and long term goals and objectives in place and have a structured business plan that is regularly reviewed as your goals and objectives are ticked off. From what l can see and hear you have got Deer Park heading in the right direction by implementing cultural change but sometimes you have to fast track things for the long term gains and to take no risks can be a risk in its self.

weapons05/06;361851 said:

So Weapons what cluba re you coaching,

What clubs did they play at?

At the colts we havent picked up any real stars, we will just build on what we have, try play some consistant cricket, Hanii has a few mates who may pull on the pads who have played higher but at this stage not much has changed.

Experience is an interesting 1, is a young bloke who plays 50+ subbie or vtca 1s games uncompariable to a guy who's played 100 wdca Games and is just a player or,

It's all good discussion.

Willy Imps might suprise.

Bayside Swifts;361974 said:
So Weapons what cluba re you coaching,

What clubs did they play at?

At the colts we havent picked up any real stars, we will just build on what we have, try play some consistant cricket, Hanii has a few mates who may pull on the pads who have played higher but at this stage not much has changed.

Experience is an interesting 1, is a young bloke who plays 50+ subbie or vtca 1s games uncompariable to a guy who's played 100 wdca Games and is just a player or,

It's all good discussion.

Willy Imps might suprise.

for everyones sake on here champ, dont ask weapons questions about himself ok. look back over the last few months on here, you will see his autobiography, we've all had to read it.

riff raff - if you were at the laverton game last year, you seen how those young blokes folded when it got heated. i know its only a 20 20 bullshit game but in that game as well from ball one they were sucked in and went to water.young blokes dont come into the wdca from higher grades and do well. happens to everyone.

West Riff Raff;361965 said:
We are in a rebuilding stage also but you don't see us hiding in B Turf we would prefer to test ourselves against the comps best to see where we are really at and not get a false sense of security playing against second elevens.After last season where we were very competitive we identified what areas we needed to improve in and went out and recruited accordinately by bringing in 5 top order bats and a pace bowler.

All good clubs should be in a state of continuous improvement and have short and long term goals and objectives in place and have a structured business plan that is regularly reviewed as your goals and objectives are ticked off. From what l can see and hear you have got Deer Park heading in the right direction by implementing cultural change but sometimes you have to fast track things for the long term gains and to take no risks can be a risk in its self.

Nice post Ed.........:D

rohan;362019 said:
for everyones sake on here champ, dont ask weapons questions about himself ok. look back over the last few months on here, you will see his autobiography, we've all had to read it.

riff raff - if you were at the laverton game last year, you seen how those young blokes folded when it got heated. i know its only a 20 20 bullshit game but in that game as well from ball one they were sucked in and went to water.young blokes dont come into the wdca from higher grades and do well. happens to everyone.

Was that the same game that our 15 year old opening bowler put the wind up and hit a couple of you top order batsmen and took 2 for 3 off 4 overs or are your referring to the home and away game when 2 of our 18 year old batsmen made 50odd & 40odd each. I think you might have a short memory as we only finished 3 points behind you on the ladder last year doesn't say much for Laverton then.

I know we had alot of areas where we were poor last year but one thing l can say we always had a crack. How do you think Matty Shiell will go at West Newport this year?

West Riff Raff;361965 said:

yeah good post........
1stly new clubrooms/training facilities
2ndly.....we have just relayed the wicket........and paying a curator
3rdly....we will be playing our kids in the b-turf not anybody elses.......and i was happy to go either way but the wicket cost alot of money and we wouldnt have much left after the new training uniform/resourses i have bought into the club......
4thly.....i love to take risks and comming to deer park is a risk in itself a few clubs were very interested in me and in a better position in terms of money and the grade they are playing.........deer park is home for me been there all my life so not looking to be a power house but 1 of the more respected clubs in the comp in the way we go about it.........
5thly........we have u/11 u/13 u/15+2 and u/17's first time in the clubs history........so comming fom a powerhouse jnr club in willy with 15 jnr teams the future is looking bright.........not only will i be doing the snrs i will be heavily involved in how the jnr coaches are putting their message across to the kids........

had a session last night from what i seen with 22 blokes there i have made the right decision for myself and the club.........the old saying is rome wasnt built in a day.........

your opinion is like an arsehole every1 has 1.........

and baysideswifts im coaching deer park ardeer..........

cheers

and if thats not going in the right direction.........i dont know what im doing..........

weapons05/06;362025 said:
yeah good post........
1stly new clubrooms/training facilities
2ndly.....we have just relayed the wicket........and paying a curator
3rdly....we will be playing our kids in the b-turf not anybody elses.......and i was happy to go either way but the wicket cost alot of money and we wouldnt have much left after the new training uniform/resourses i have bought into the club......
4thly.....i love to take risks and comming to deer park is a risk in itself a few clubs were very interested in me and in a better position in terms of money and the grade they are playing.........deer park is home for me been there all my life so not looking to be a power house but 1 of the more respected clubs in the comp in the way we go about it.........
5thly........we have u/11 u/13 u/15+2 and u/17's first time in the clubs history........so comming fom a powerhouse jnr club in willy with 15 jnr teams the future is looking bright.........not only will i be doing the snrs i will be heavily involved in how the jnr coaches are putting their message across to the kids........

had a session last night from what i seen with 22 blokes there i have made the right decision for myself and the club.........the old saying is rome wasnt built in a day.........

your opinion is like an arsehole every1 has 1.........

and baysideswifts im coaching deer park ardeer..........

cheers

and if thats not going in the right direction.........i dont know what im doing..........

Hats off to you,

West Riff Raff;362021 said:
Was that the same game that our 15 year old opening bowler put the wind up and hit a couple of you top order batsmen and took 2 for 3 off 4 overs or are your referring to the home and away game when 2 of our 18 year old batsmen made 50odd & 40odd each. I think you might have a short memory as we only finished 3 points behind you on the ladder last year doesn't say much for Laverton then.

I know we had alot of areas where we were poor last year but one thing l can say we always had a crack. How do you think Matty Shiell will go at West Newport this year?

WRR, from reading between the lines, I don't think Rohan was questioning the playing ability of your blokes but merely the fact that you were in a great position to win that game (backed up by your quote of their stats from that game) but failed when it got close. You've obviously been around long enough to know that in a close game, a wise head is often what is needed rather that raw ability. Only time will tell though if that is what West will be lacking this year.

OutsideEdge;362055 said:
WRR, from reading between the lines, I don't think Rohan was questioning the playing ability of your blokes but merely the fact that you were in a great position to win that game (backed up by your quote of their stats from that game) but failed when it got close. You've obviously been around long enough to know that in a close game, a wise head is often what is needed rather that raw ability. Only time will tell though if that is what West will be lacking this year.
Rumour has it that West Newport didn't have a new ball that day & had to bowl with a ball that was already around 30 overs old! :confused: As slack as this sounds if it is true then the game may have been quite different if they had a new ball..

The Lions Den;362124 said:
Rumour has it that West Newport didn't have a new ball that day & had to bowl with a ball that was already around 30 overs old! :confused: As slack as this sounds if it is true then the game may have been quite different if they had a new ball..

You are correct a very costly F%^K up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back