Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

just cricket;362955 said:
very nice pick up matt shiell to west newport

Are you trying to get me to pot matty or something?? Why would I have a dig at a mate?

whens the fixture come out?
Back playing at heathdale in the sandpit this year will be great fun.

rohan;363517 said:
Are you trying to get me to pot matty or something?? Why would I have a dig at a mate?

whens the fixture come out?
Back playing at heathdale in the sandpit this year will be great fun.

It is not fit to play at we have already raised this issue with the comp but it has seemed to fall on deaf ears. Pt Cook should play all their games at away venues until they have a ground and wicket that is up to standard. It is a joke when clubs are trying to improve the standard of the comp by recruiting players from higher levels of cricket only to have to put up with sub standard conditions. I feel sorry for the Pt Cook players having to play there every second game.

West Riff Raff;363477 said:
Agree we should call the B Turf section 1 the riff raff section

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz got 1........a big mud sucking carp.........hahaha

should see our ground/wicket.........best going around at the minuite.......apart from the rabbit holes........hahaha

West Riff Raff;363477 said:
Agree we should call the B Turf section 1 the riff raff section

Ease up there fella...........;)

West Riff Raff;363521 said:
It is not fit to play at we have already raised this issue with the comp but it has seemed to fall on deaf ears. Pt Cook should play all their games at away venues until they have a ground and wicket that is up to standard. It is a joke when clubs are trying to improve the standard of the comp by recruiting players from higher levels of cricket only to have to put up with sub standard conditions. I feel sorry for the Pt Cook players having to play there every second game.

I have only played there a couple of times,the pitch has always been ok(I've seen heaps worse over the years)................but the outfield is a disgrace:eek:
I don't think I've ever played on a good deck down at Colts.......:(

Word is Andy Tee from digman has hit the gym all winter and is bowling absolute wheels.

Charles;363597 said:
Word is Andy Tee from digman has hit the gym all winter and is bowling absolute wheels.

what a load of tripe.........seen him at the comercial hotel in yarra chatting up the trannies........with his surfboard in tow...........:rolleyes:

some issues with the "POACHING" of Matty Shiell to West Newport.

1. The poaching of a player within the Association with the promise of big money. Most clubs within the Association pay no or little money and should be concerned when a fellow association member is offering players significant amounts that their existing club cant or wont match. Not an issue if the players come from another comp. Dont want a culture within the Association where poaching of a player is a big focus.

2. Matty telling the coach of Laverton that West Newport have offered him employment yet he doesn't even know the name of the person involved. If he wants to go good luck but make sure you tell the truth because you'll lose friends by telling lies.

bones1;363652 said:

1. The poaching of a player within the Association with the promise of big money. Most clubs within the Association pay no or little money and should be concerned when a fellow association member is offering players significant amounts that their existing club cant or wont match. Not an issue if the players come from another comp. Dont want a culture within the Association where poaching of a player is a big focus.

2. Matty telling the coach of Laverton that West Newport have offered him employment yet he doesn't even know the name of the person involved. If he wants to go good luck but make sure you tell the truth because you'll lose friends by telling lies.

You can recruit a player from a another competition but you can't do so within the competition?? That's a bit of a double standard! :p

I have been offered money to play at opposition clubs within the competition in the past so why is it such a fuss now?? :confused:

The Lions Den;363687 said:
You can recruit a player from a another competition but you can't do so within the competition?? That's a bit of a double standard! :p

I have been offered money to play at opposition clubs within the competition in the past so why is it such a fuss now?? :confused:

I would dare say you would command alot more money than Matty would be offered.

bones1;363652 said:

Bones...... Matty has not been offered big money by West Newport C C he has some mates playing there that he has played with at Altona North previously. We were very interested in Matty last year but he had already made a commitment to you guys Smithy and Reece were both aware of this. Don't forget Matty has only ever played half a season with you guys and his major focus is he law degree.

It is true Matty has been offered employment through contacts at our club this employment is with a solicitor a couple of day per week which will assist him greatly with his law degree. Matty will also take a leadership role with our club and will captain the A Turf.

In Matty defence l believe he was up front with Smithy when he spoke to him and told him the employment opportunity was too good to knock back. I look at Matty as a player who has come from outside the comp who spent half a season at Laverton last year when his schooling had finished for the year because he wanted to play with a couple of his mates there.

weapons05/06;363556 said:
bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz got 1........a big mud sucking carp.........hahaha

should see our ground/wicket.........best going around at the minuite.......apart from the rabbit holes........hahaha

Popgun the rabbit holes will make your batsmen feel at home when they are batting especially your good self.

just cricket;363695 said:
Laverton is that the club you go to when you cant get a game at seabrook?

i belive seabrook is the club that are in a lower grade so proberly not!!

West Riff Raff;363696 said:
Bones...... Matty has not been offered big money by West Newport C C he has some mates playing there that he has played with at Altona North previously. We were very interested in Matty last year but he had already made a commitment to you guys Smithy and Reece were both aware of this. Don't forget Matty has only ever played half a season with you guys and his major focus is he law degree.

It is true Matty has been offered employment through contacts at our club this employment is with a solicitor a couple of day per week which will assist him greatly with his law degree. Matty will also take a leadership role with our club and will captain the A Turf.

In Matty defence l believe he was up front with Smithy when he spoke to him and told him the employment opportunity was too good to knock back. I look at Matty as a player who has come from outside the comp who spent half a season at Laverton last year when his schooling had finished for the year because he wanted to play with a couple of his mates there.

Good luck to matt.. and to West Newp. Players have the right to move wherever they like.. Whether it be for money, employment, or whatever other reason.. Its up to the club who has him to try and keep him..
Players who move from a club after 1 year are also more likely to do it to their next club also!
Anyway, sounds like West Newp are recruinting well, good luck to them!

West Riff Raff;363731 said:
Popgun the rabbit holes will make your batsmen feel at home when they are batting especially your good self.

yeah i do call john mcleod oval home.........

played half of 280 odd games of footy on it and about 15 odd games of cricket as well.......

some conflicting stories with Matty Shiell who made a visit to Laverton Football Club recently to tell Reece that he had been approached to coach Grand United but said that he was staying at Laverton and was looking forward to the coming season. Obviously something big influenced his thinking about moving as the offer from GU was quite good

Charles;363597 said:

Yeah very true Charles.....I saw him tonight & could hardly control myself........:D

hussler;363794 said:
Yeah very true Charles.....I saw him tonight & could hardly control myself........:D

dont tell me you go to the mersh as well.........gee wizz.........

go parkerz........;)

West Riff Raff;363696 said:

Interesting move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back