Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Confirmed on WDCA website that grounds will be good for play this week, weather permitting.

On the topic of turf players playing in matting last week, after checking the results I can't work out why more clubs didn't do it? Surely giving your better players a hit-out takes priority for your club over matting players?

OutsideEdge;369153 said:
Confirmed on WDCA website that grounds will be good for play this week, weather permitting.

On the topic of turf players playing in matting last week, after checking the results I can't work out why more clubs didn't do it? Surely giving your better players a hit-out takes priority for your club over matting players?

If all sides dont do it, it wouldnt help a senior player if hes facing ordinary bowlers,you would get a better hit at training???:cool:

hussler;369162 said:
If all sides dont do it, it wouldnt help a senior player if hes facing ordinary bowlers,you would get a better hit at training???:cool:

true hussler.........

i was going to play but common sence provailed and a jnr player got a run........and he will be picked in my side this week with what i seen........

with round 1 not being re-schedualled clubs can do what they liked in terms of who plays where.........if the lower grade players havnt been attending training well play the blokes in the higher 11 who have.......each to their own IMO........

but thats why there should be a make up week end for a and b-turf before chrissy and 1 after........so all games get played and this stuff dont happen........

even with the wickets being ready, the weather doesn't look to flash for everyone to get a start

hussler;369460 said:
Congs
Wynd
Lavo
ND

mine......
d/p
digman
lavo
wynd

toss of the coin could play a big part in what happens for the first game of year........

huss where has b.charlton and d.allan gone???

weapons05/06;369478 said:
mine......
d/p
digman
lavo
wynd

toss of the coin could play a big part in what happens for the first game of year........

huss where has b.charlton and d.allan gone???

Sydenham Hillbillies.....:eek:

hussler;369541 said:
Sydenham Hillbillies.....:eek:

50 odd knackers good start.........

no results for our game it went down to the wire...........

we made 8/191 off 40 we scored for them and they scored for us.......they needed 2 to win off the last over there was a wide and they ran 1 as well.......2 wickets fell and the rest were dot balls.........there was an indifference in their innings the batsmen's totalled to 193 their score was on 192 and their bowlers added to 191..........im tipping we lost but i will leave it up the the association to work it out........lots of positives after being 7/92 to get 190 odd was a great effort by our tail.......middle order myself included were out done by some good bowling/fielding........bowling well a difference of 16 extra's might cause our fate........

my 3,2,1 for the match were.....

3/ d.mendoza d/p 58......
2/ n.callus congs 3 fa 50 odd and 30 odd with the bat.......
1/t.vine congs 2 fa and 30 odd had a good allround match.......

cheers

warney why would that make ur day?

its only game one and a one dayer at that!!!

warnysback;369665 said:
altona roosters def by kingsville bats you ripper made my day

I played at the same ground & watching a bit of the kingy-roosters game I thought it was their 2ndXI,when I found out it was their 1s,that got a laugh....:D
The standard was better in our game & we were B-Turf......:eek:

hussler;369685 said:
I played at the same ground & watching a bit of the kingy-roosters game I thought it was their 2ndXI,when I found out it was their 1s,that got a laugh....:D
The standard was better in our game & we were B-Turf......:eek:

I thought i was watching a commercial for life be in it starring not One but multiple Norms playing Foxtel shots and back to the Couch, of course that part will hit the cutting room floor.:D

BigCoq;369690 said:
I thought i was watching a commercial for life be in it starring not One but multiple Norms playing Foxtel shots and back to the Couch, of course that part will hit the cutting room floor.:D

I reckon Norm would get a game in your 1s after what I saw yesti..........:D
Couldnt you get a game in any side or have you finally woke up to yourself & retired?????:D

well well well, another season begins and poor old lavo are on the receiving end of another loss to g.u. no doubt rohan will be on here bringing up excuses but.:p hope he posts better than he bowled yesterday , though that wouldnt be to hard now would it:D gee frewy was hitting them big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back