GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

Re: GCA Division 3 Previews and Predictions

Dinosaurous;368673 said:
jealousy...
we (newcomb) sung our song back at newcomb with our firsts, and it was the best feeling around the club for a long long time. you may enjoy singing your song one day.. if yous ever pull a win together.

haha dont get me wrong im not jealous i had never heard it being done b4.....u never know maybe a miracle will happen and we might scratch a win sometime

Stedy Eddy;368667 said:
Never b4 have i heard a team sing there song after a game of cricket....u guys have some serious tickets on urselfs

You are an idiot mate plenty of teams do it, it's more of an in house joke rather than being arrogant or cocky.

You seem to have plenty to say on here, yet I didn't here boo out of you yesterday???

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;368676 said:
You are an idiot mate plenty of teams do it, it's more of an in house joke rather than being arrogant or cocky.

You seem to have plenty to say on here, yet I didn't here boo out of you yesterday???

i've said 1 thing! bit hard to say something after the games done and dusted

I think we're one of the only teams in GCA 1 that don't sing a song, maybe Bell Post Hill as well, because I didn't hear them singing when they did us on Saturday.
I reckon it's too weird to sing a song after a game of cricket, maybe a close game but not a flogging, because the result inevitable from a long way off. But yeh loads of clubs do, we just don;t.

ants14;368706 said:
I think we're one of the only teams in GCA 1 that don't sing a song, maybe Bell Post Hill as well, because I didn't hear them singing when they did us on Saturday.
I reckon it's too weird to sing a song after a game of cricket, maybe a close game but not a flogging, because the result inevitable from a long way off. But yeh loads of clubs do, we just don;t.
In saying that i was in our rooms last year after a close win by the 2s.. and they started beating out the old 'who are, who are, who are we"

winch dont sing coz they cant talk properly yet, they're just jealous. plenty of clubs sing mate, get out of the bush and see the rest of the world.

ants14;368706 said:

I think the majority has spoken in regards to singing club songs after the game. We have only brought it in at South Barwon over the last three seasons and it has really added something to the club. We went through plenty of seasons where the opposition would be singing their song next door after a win, so win a close one, win easy, either way it is good to belt out a song with your mates after a game !! Even if one day Ty Watts asked us "what the christmas carol was we were singing ??" hehe, it was quiet a good comeback from Ty :D

gca_ipl;368773 said:
I think the majority has spoken in regards to singing club songs after the game. We have only brought it in at South Barwon over the last three seasons and it has really added something to the club. We went through plenty of seasons where the opposition would be singing their song next door after a win, so win a close one, win easy, either way it is good to belt out a song with your mates after a game !! Even if one day Ty Watts asked us "what the christmas carol was we were singing ??" hehe, it was quiet a good comeback from Ty :D

in saying that though I would not really be in favour of any songs which may "belittle" the opposition or being directed at your opposition while being sung, eg, banging against walls, etc. This has been done in the past and really does not go down the right way. When a club sings their song to celebrate their victory then good on them even if we are on the end of it !!

crktluva;368721 said:
winch dont sing coz they cant talk properly yet, they're just jealous. plenty of clubs sing mate, get out of the bush and see the rest of the world.

u probably wear a ants c&@t 4 a cap ya f%$kin pin head

Must say I was pretty surprised when the Leopold 2's sang a song last weekend.
To be honest, I was unaware it was as common as some of the comments on here seem to suggest. Definately don't do it at City.

kowlaski;369691 said:
Must say I was pretty surprised when the Leopold 2's sang a song last weekend.
To be honest, I was unaware it was as common as some of the comments on here seem to suggest. Definately don't do it at City.

I know thw following Div One clubs have songs they regularly sing:

• South Barwon
    Geelong West
    Bell Post Hill
    East Belmont
    Manifold
    Leopold
    Grovedale

Am not sure about

• St Josephs
    Lara
    Newtown

Know that the following don't

• City
    North Geelong (who are now looking for a song !!!!

gca_ipl;369711 said:

• South Barwon
    Geelong West
    Bell Post Hill
    East Belmont
    Manifold
    Leopold
    Grovedale

Am not sure about

• St Josephs
    Lara
    Newtown

• City
hahah... as soon as we got into the rooms.. new bloke marco goes.. rito lets sing the song.. we have 1 dont we??

get the new matty baum to make one up for ya and lead the charge, should be a good laugh after a good win.

crktluva;369789 said:
get the new matty baum to make one up for ya and lead the charge, should be a good laugh after a good win.
ohhh dear.. baumy.. i dont no wat words there are to describe that bloke

cheer_cheer;369711 said:

• South Barwon
    Geelong West
    Bell Post Hill
    East Belmont
    Manifold
    Leopold
    Grovedale

Am not sure about

• St Josephs
    Lara
    Newtown

• City

Not this year so far, even being 2-0 not even a whisper. Strange after coming from a club that sing it after every win. :confused:

I Bowl Meat Pies;369795 said:
ohhh dear.. baumy.. i dont no wat words there are to describe that bloke

hang on to ya hat, there will be more i promise you, he is a very different cat. just watch him bat and bowl at raining and you will see what i mean. keep me updated on his antics, he is harmless but bloody hilarious to watch.

crktluva;370018 said:
hang on to ya hat, there will be more i promise you, he is a very different cat. just watch him bat and bowl at raining and you will see what i mean. keep me updated on his antics, he is harmless but bloody hilarious to watch.
definatly a funny character to watch.. especially with bat in hand.... and fielding.... can land a good leggie tho... but yes he has told us that he opened the batting for marshall 2's... they must have been pretty ordinary if thats the case

I Bowl Meat Pies;370027 said:
definatly a funny character to watch.. especially with bat in hand.... and fielding.... can land a good leggie tho... but yes he has told us that he opened the batting for marshall 2's... they must have been pretty ordinary if thats the case

must have been one game only, coz he was definite 10 or 11 every game.

Back