Williamstown and District Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
bowler...
The fact I stated Axford was an example of what all Melton teams do. You say you are up for a reasoned debate? Did you mention the player involved was seriously affected by injury? Or how about the fact that he was playing alongside his 13 year old nephew? Or the fact that EVERY Grand United side was competing in finals and there was a wedding in which numerous players were attending. The player involved had no intention of playing last weekend, he really couldn't give 2 shits about a C-Matts game. The fact that he did play, on one leg and all, is testament to the character of both the player and the club. It is what being a great club is all about. That, my friend, is why our club room walls are chock full of premiership photos. So if you want to take ill informed pot shots at us from the safety of your PC be my guest, but you had your chance to say something on the weekend and didn't.

your wrong there not ALL melton teams do that , He was certainly troubled by a crook knee and did a great job to get through the game but was also telling us that he was going back to turf for the gf if you got in .
But what happens to his 13 yo nephew if another club brings down a fast bowler 7 grades and he gets smashed could put the kid of cricket for good, and that would be a very dissapointing outcome .The rule that allows players such freedom of movement between grades in finals is flawed and so is the one where your credited with playing a game in the event of a wash-out.(how does anyone know who was there when no team sheets changed hands)
We have generaly had a good time this season but these qualification rules really do need to be looked at.
And by the way it was mentioned on the weekend .

your wrong there not ALL melton teams do that , He was certainly troubled by a crook knee and did a great job to get through the game but was also telling us that he was going back to turf for the gf if you got in .
But what happens to his 13 yo nephew if another club brings down a fast bowler 7 grades and he gets smashed could put the kid of cricket for good, and that would be a very dissapointing outcome .The rule that allows players such freedom of movement between grades in finals is flawed and so is the one where your credited with playing a game in the event of a wash-out.(how does anyone know who was there when no team sheets changed hands)
We have generaly had a good time this season but these qualification rules really do need to be looked at.
And by the way it was mentioned on the weekend .

this is an a turf forum,and you found out on weekend what happens when matting players mix it with the big boys,now shoo blowfly.

hey huss interesting he told them he would back on turf this week.hmmmm.........

Hi guys, I know I promised the wicket and ground conditions, but with this rain around I could not give an assessment. I promise I will do so tomorrow, plus odds, plus my prediction. I will be down there with Carl tomorrow and we will have it on here by 9pm.

On a side note, it is sad to hear that Digman have had to make 2 forced changes due to injury. 1 will be filled by the skipper, the other I don't know. In my opinion it would be between Streets and callus. A heart wrenching decision it must have been,

Good luck to both teams, I will be on here tomorrow night.

this is an a turf forum,and you found out on weekend what happens when matting players mix it with the big boys,now shoo blowfly.

hey huss interesting he told them he would back on turf this week.hmmmm.........

I know Deano's playing, was chating with him last night, unfortunatley we had to make 3 changes due to injury which hurts us in the 2s a bit, but we'll be giving it 100% as you would expect, we were unbeatable in the 2s at full strength, it just brings the 2 sides closer, it will be a great game..............:(

might get your chance to back this statement up on sunday big fella,you will spot me.
bring it on i will keep score.

gangsta-thumb-250x250.jpg

As an observer, I think Newport digmans bowling attack ( mcfarland, gurera, pobega & k Collins) is second to none not only in the wdca but other local 'higher standard' mobs included also. Was interesing to see the variety in pace And style the 3 quicks have to offer with the old speed gun behind the net on Thursday night. The poms consistent glen mcgrath style bowling coming down between 115 and 120km/h consistently really is the wdca glen mcgrath. Pobega who hits the deck quite hard and gets strange bounce and varies pace regularly ranging from 115km up to a lazy 142km when the back bent and charlie moving the ball late with his skidding bounce coming through at around 120km but showed his still able to throw down the odd 130km+ delivery when he really wants to! And for what it's worth k Collins sending down his tweakers around the 75-80km mark and the well known quicker ball at 108km! The bowlers work very well together and have the variety to suit all conditions . Just my 2 cents on the bulls!

LB ;)

As an observer, I think Newport digmans bowling attack ( mcfarland, gurera, pobega & k Collins) is second to none not only in the wdca but other local 'higher standard' mobs included also. Was interesing to see the variety in pace And style the 3 quicks have to offer with the old speed gun behind the net on Thursday night. The poms consistent glen mcgrath style bowling coming down between 115 and 120km/h consistently really is the wdca glen mcgrath. Pobega who hits the deck quite hard and gets strange bounce and varies pace regularly ranging from 115km up to a lazy 142km when the back bent and charlie moving the ball late with his skidding bounce coming through at around 120km but showed his still able to throw down the odd 130km+ delivery when he really wants to! And for what it's worth k Collins sending down his tweakers around the 75-80km mark and the well known quicker ball at 108km! The bowlers work very well together and have the variety to suit all conditions . Just my 2 cents on the bulls!

LB ;)

whos this nuffo?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back