2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

Guy Incognito;402951 said:
thanks for the help red ink, didn't think it would be necessary. Especially considering Quiney was in the Aus twenty20 sqaud a couple seasons back. makes you wonder what people with such minute knowledge of a sport are doing on a forum based on that particular sport.

Not Out;402916 said:
You obviously don't follow state cricket Kev?

Jewell has only opened the batting for Victoria for the last 8 seasons & Quiney has been in the Vic team for the last 4 :rolleyes:

Does anybody watch state cricket? domestic cricket in this country is as dead as pharlap! Cricket Australia recognises this and tries to improve thingsd by introducing t20 and overseas players for that comp, but that doesnt mean shield cricket will recover from the $700,000 a year loss for the past 5 seasons.

my point in my previous post is that just because a couple of guys play in a particular comp, doesnt mean it stronger than another!

at the end of the day, one or two teams dominating a particular comp ie YCCC and AWSC does not mean that the VTCA is necessarily a better comp than subbies who have six or seven clubs fighting it out for the top four!

it's a debate that could go either way, would you rather play in a comp that is even across the board or play in a comp dominated by one or two clubs year in year out?

I hope this post wasnt too minute for you guy? the only minute scenario here is your knowledge of me! but then again i i'm what it takes to pump up your ego thats fine be me.

Kev, the domestic four day and 50 over game lack popularity however the kfc big bash has grown exponetially in the past season. crowds jumping from around the 10k mark to the 40k mark. you can't deny that jewell and quiney have a good reputation around premier and state cricketing cirlcles.

VicPolice;402886 said:
give dean petrolli a call - phone 1800 rubble. reckon youll get him for 5K and a sausage roll

Must be close to paying off his house if that is his
fee?
Druids,Keilor,Druids,Yccc,Sunshine Ycw,Druids =$30g/6 sausage rolls:D:p

century scorer;402977 said:
Must be close to paying off his house if that is his
fee?
Druids,Keilor,Druids,Yccc,Sunshine Ycw,Druids =$30g/6 sausage rolls:D:p

I'm tipping he's had more than 6 sausage rolls in his time at the above mentioned clubs. I hear SYCW payed him in hot dogs, rumours suggest that club is about to go under......not hard to understand why based on that. From memory druids used to provide a healthy arvo tea, not sure why he'd go back there then!

I always liked YCCC's arvo tea spread ... I miss the scones and party pies! It's maybe why I have slimmed down a bit in recent seasons ;)

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Bentleigh club history that was done a couple of years ago. What are people's thoughts on it as I am trying to find a copy.

stacksonthemill;403006 said:
I always liked YCCC's arvo tea spread ... I miss the scones and party pies! It's maybe why I have slimmed down a bit in recent seasons ;)

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Bentleigh club history that was done a couple of years ago. What are people's thoughts on it as I am trying to find a copy.

Yep seen it Stacks. Really well done and extremely professional too. I know the club sells copies. Just email them.

borough;403490 said:
Port did not have to play a player from the lower grades in the Bentleigh final. Fact!

Southern sledge maybe you can tell me who this player was that came up from the lower grades?

Port def do not throw away money and splurge on players to become sucessful.

Many of there players have grown up in the area, moved into the area and obviously some have been recruited. Port have also had a good sucess rate of guys bringing mates to the club. So instead of getting one player, the club has been lucky enough to get 2 or 3 at once.

There are only a few blokes at the club getting paid.

Port did not play Bentleigh in the final. Fact! (unless you are talking about the 2's and even then it was a washout).

My earlier comment about Port playing a player from the 2's in their 1's in a game against Bentleigh is fact. The player was your President and as he was a 1 point player, he only just fitted in the cap.

I also know that your Club (I keep assuming you are from Port so apologies if you are not) are spending big this season - hey I am not having a go at your club, just reporting on facts.

I know tis the time of the year for innuendo and scuttlebutt, so here is my 2 bob's worth.... I heard that CY's are looking at playing Keiswetter the Pommie keeper this season???

Too Old Body Broke;403533 said:
I know tis the time of the year for innuendo and scuttlebutt, so here is my 2 bob's worth.... I heard that CY's are looking at playing Keiswetter the Pommie keeper this season???

Time to change to TOMB, Too Old Mind Broke.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;402411 said:
Team picked by all Senior Division captains, including the Airport West captain, so please speak to mssrs Brown, Baker, Hutchison and co to find out why Amini didn't make it.

I picked Chris in my side of the year. But it comes down to how many times he got mentioned in all the captains teams. Was easily the most consistant opener in the comp last year.

borough;403490 said:
Port def do not throw away money and splurge on players to become sucessful.

Many of there players have grown up in the area, moved into the area and obviously some have been recruited. Port have also had a good sucess rate of guys bringing mates to the club. So instead of getting one player, the club has been lucky enough to get 2 or 3 at once.

There are only a few blokes at the club getting paid.

I read this with extreme interest... Port dont throw money away

The spent in access of $25k on flights alone (does not include player payments) 2 season ago for 2 players, Im sure that for that amount of coin you could get some quality cricketers from within your home state.
That season in particular was a very expensive year for a club that did not win a premiership dont you think!
From talking to both lads from Darwin there were at least 5 players being paid.

I honestly think that there is too much emphasis on how much people are getting paid. Who cares!!!!! If money attracts the RIGHT sort of people to our comp, then I don't see the problem. Worry about yourselves and your own club. If Joe Bloggs is getting payed a shit load and is not worth it, good luck to him for conning the club into it. Any club that pays players and doesn't get it right, should either stick with him or move him on. Either way, I don't see how it is anyones business. I've sat and read these forums for a number of years now and have said nothing. Giggled a bit at a few comments made, but continue to see the same posts coming up. $$$$. Let's just play cricket!!! Sorry if this is a bit too serious for this forum, but I think it's time that we concentrate on the cricket being played and who's moving where etc, and leave the money aside. And to the many players that slut themselves around from club to club, looking for it. They get known and sooner or later they get seen for who they really are,on the field and off!!

Bakes 2010;403592 said:
I honestly think that there is too much emphasis on how much people are getting paid. Who cares!!!!! If money attracts the RIGHT sort of people to our comp, then I don't see the problem. Worry about yourselves and your own club. If Joe Bloggs is getting payed a shit load and is not worth it, good luck to him for conning the club into it. Any club that pays players and doesn't get it right, should either stick with him or move him on. Either way, I don't see how it is anyones business. I've sat and read these forums for a number of years now and have said nothing. Giggled a bit at a few comments made, but continue to see the same posts coming up. $$$$. Let's just play cricket!!! Sorry if this is a bit too serious for this forum, but I think it's time that we concentrate on the cricket being played and who's moving where etc, and leave the money aside. And to the many players that slut themselves around from club to club, looking for it. They get known and sooner or later they get seen for who they really are,on the field and off!!

Grub who is writing this for you?
That line you wrote about paying players and not getting it right,
should stick with them or move them on is that what you did with
RUBBLE Pacscholl:p;)

He was the only bloke who had a crack......at afternoon tea that is. Nah, seriously. He was always welcome, but wanted to try and achieve more with his cricket so good luck to him. As for you Century Scorer. Paying players that weren't worth their salts, was why we got rid of you!! But if you want to come back to actually contribute, that would be good!!!!

i heard one gary turner is doing it hard to pay off his house so he has signed with kinggy baps.... any truth in this......? anybody
not like he hasnt done it b4.....?

bronca;403722 said:
i heard one gary turner is doing it hard to pay off his house so he has signed with kinggy baps.... any truth in this......? anybody
not like he hasnt done it b4.....?

i heard different. turner and his sidekick pacholli have gone to taylors lakes and taken some yarraville players with them. turner is captain coach and pacholli has been recruited as the clubs star all rounder. i think he took more wickets than he made runs last year at sunshine so is now classified an all-rounder.

pacholli originally singed with taylors lakes and now has signed at st bernards...
apparently he took taylors lakes money and they want it back
he took more wickets last year than he made runs so i think he is classes an all rounder now... thats what i have heard

bronca;403789 said:
pacholli originally singed with taylors lakes and now has signed at st bernards...
apparently he took taylors lakes money and they want it back
he took more wickets last year than he made runs so i think he is classes an all rounder now... thats what i have heard

he wanted to come back to YCCC but he was only going to get a game in our 3rds so he signed with taylors lakes. thats news to me that he has signed on at st bernards now, he gets around a bit

Back