2012/13 Barclay Shield

I'd be surprised, heard it did'nt go down too well with many at the club when they played against Mernda!

No Hursts.... If they go down, they wont be up for a very very long time. Its a shame that a decent sized club may be gone. Unbelievable decision.

No Hursts.... If they go down, they wont be up for a very very long time. Its a shame that a decent sized club may be gone. Unbelievable decision.

They fought their way up from MS once.
If necessary, they'll just have to do it again.
Mind you, they're not dead yet, win this week and they're almost certainly OK, and their % is better than Camrea's at the moment anyway.

They fought their way up from MS once.
If necessary, they'll just have to do it again.
Mind you, they're not dead yet, win this week and they're almost certainly OK, and their % is better than Camrea's at the moment anyway.

No John Lever won't help them this match, injured?, and Lower wont do them any favours (assuming they win) in terms of % as i'm sure they'll look to get some boys some time in the middle before the semi (unless the umpires call stumps).
For arguments sake, if Camrea & Research/Eltham were also to get beat (both are 50/50 contests in my book), both are "dead" games in terms of ladder positions for their respective opposition so you would expect stumps to be called once there is a result.

I think most would expect Lower to win so being the glass half empty person that i am, to give Epping the best chance of survival i would put Lower in and at least get close enough chasing on the second day so play was called after a first innings result and hopefully minimal impact on %.

Or just win..........

Shannon Malone when on song, one of the best and cleanest strikers of the ball. Pleasure to watch today! 100no out of 2/142.

Another season coming to a close,any retirements?ray Kelsey from north and also his good mate al Mann playing their last games for the club this weekend.any others?

So in the wash:

Camrea are well and truly gone........ can't see them coming back for a long time either.

Malone came good at the right time for the Searchers. This is good for the competition imo. Another very proud club. Great to keep Epping (pending they hold up better than Camrea this week) and Research in Barclay.

Finals-

Mernda are gone.

Lower Eltham should make it.........

Are Macleod's wheels falling off yet again?

Bundoora obv havent turned up at Plenty and the outright is on..... you cant keep them down.

Although if Macleod win, and Plenty get the outright, Lower are gone. What a weekend coming up! Only Diamond Creek, Research and Riverside could feel good about the coming weekend.

So in the wash:

Camrea are well and truly gone........ can't see them coming back for a long time either.

Malone came good at the right time for the Searchers. This is good for the competition imo. Another very proud club. Great to keep Epping (pending they hold up better than Camrea this week) and Research in Barclay.

Finals-

Mernda are gone.

Lower Eltham should make it.........

Are Macleod's wheels falling off yet again?

Bundoora obv havent turned up at Plenty and the outright is on..... you cant keep them down.

Although if Macleod win, and Plenty get the outright, Lower are gone. What a weekend coming up! Only Diamond Creek, Research and Riverside could feel good about the coming weekend.

If Malone gets going again, like he obviously did on the weekend, I'd love for Research to just keep batting. He could put on an amazing show.

I would rather be in Macleods shoes than in NEWs. Whilst its not a massive target, they are already 2 down. 1 or 2 quick ones and they are in massive trouble.

Lower Eltham are home, and home easily. Epping have only made 200 once this year.

Plenty are no chance of an outright. Too easy to shut up shop, they needed to be an extra 30 runs ahead overnight.

If Malone gets going again, like he obviously did on the weekend, I'd love for Research to just keep batting. He could put on an amazing show.

I would rather be in Macleods shoes than in NEWs. Whilst its not a massive target, they are already 2 down. 1 or 2 quick ones and they are in massive trouble.

Lower Eltham are home, and home easily. Epping have only made 200 once this year.

Plenty are no chance of an outright. Too easy to shut up shop, they needed to be an extra 30 runs ahead overnight.

I've got absolutely no idea what might happen this Saturday.
I did happen to sneak up to Plenty and only saw Deany give some fight in an otherwise ordinary batting performance by Bundoora. In saying that, Plenty were pretty damn good and have been for the best part of 5 weeks. Johnny Green was in unbelievable form and Bundoora would be ruing the fact that his boss wouldn't give him any time off to play for the indigeneous side on the weekend. Will be hard to beat if they make it .
Hopefully my boys can get over the line and with any luck, Epping doesn't implode and lose 20 wickets cause from what I saw last Saturday, Plenty are a big chance for an outright.

Way to stress a bloke out Serg!

I've got absolutely no idea what might happen this Saturday.
I did happen to sneak up to Plenty and only saw Deany give some fight in an otherwise ordinary batting performance by Bundoora. In saying that, Plenty were pretty damn good and have been for the best part of 5 weeks. Johnny Green was in unbelievable form and Bundoora would be ruing the fact that his boss wouldn't give him any time off to play for the indigeneous side on the weekend. Will be hard to beat if they make it .
Hopefully my boys can get over the line and with any luck, Epping doesn't implode and lose 20 wickets cause from what I saw last Saturday, Plenty are a big chance for an outright.

What a finish to the year,great game at north Elthamm with the better team on the day coming up with the goods,a bit much with ray and al Mann getting chaired off at the end for their final game though I thought

Back