2012/13 Barclay Shield

nah mate i play for Heidelberg, and i have been wondering how Research E/C go, i have heard they have 2 fast bowlers that are pretty good. I am just wondering how they will go

Total 9 posts, 5 of them asking about Research, very odd for someone from a club not even in their grade. You wouldn't be having a lend of us, would you?

Its still only early. If you have blokes who play footy cricket gets a bit of a back seat.

I know we are only getting roughly 15-20 to each session at the moment. That being said we have had about 30-35 come through, including our new recruits!!!!! Plenty to like so far down the power plant!!!!!
My spies tell me that the Power have been quietly going about their business.New Prez going well and a few new faces at training. Any hints on who they are PA? A former gun junior maybe?

Total 9 posts, 5 of them asking about Research, very odd for someone from a club not even in their grade. You wouldn't be having a lend of us, would you?
If i played for research E/C i would know what is happening with my club.
But nah i already no same of the blokes that have and or playing in the dvca, for other clubs. Just wondering mate. Wonting to know how good dvca 1st are not knowing much coming from a lower league.

If i played for research E/C i would know what is happening with my club.
But nah i already no same of the blokes that have and or playing in the dvca, for other clubs. Just wondering mate. Wonting to know how good dvca 1st are not knowing much coming from a lower league.

Do us all a favour. Please type your posts into word first and use spell check. That makes no, (or is it know) sense at all.

My spies tell me that the Power have been quietly going about their business.New Prez going well and a few new faces at training. Any hints on who they are PA? A former gun junior maybe?
Your spies are correct. Could not believe the gun junior is back way before his time. Another ex Northcote player there as well.

Boring off season apart from the Occa talk. At least the fixtures are out !
Down at the nest, numbers have been pretty good for pre-season. Went down for a looksy on Saturday morning and we had between 25-30 players. Will expect another 20 or so in the next week .
Lost both O'leary's . Liam to Heidelberg, Dan to Hawthorn I think.
Picked up a few new faces this year, and they appear okay ( at training at least )
Interesting year ahead as it appears that a few fast bowlers have left the competition .

Heard LECC have picked up a guy from BHRDCA, meant to be a gun leg spinner and agressive bat. Italian sounding name.

Sick of hearing about potential 'guns' coming into the comp. 8/10 times theyre useless and have no impact whatsoever.

Arnberger, Dale, the Paki international a few years ago for Lalor Jamshed or whatever- the ridiculous amount of players who come back from district and do f all..... been a fair few over the journey who have been found at.

Will believe that a leggie is really a gun if he can perform well on these decks. Aggressive bat - a.k.a. lucky woodchopper I'll bet.

If its who I think 'Jew' is referring to, he would've played for vic metro when tasmania was still connected to the mainland.

There's been some pretty ordinary players go through the vic metro u/21 sides of recent times

Sick of hearing about potential 'guns' coming into the comp. 8/10 times theyre useless and have no impact whatsoever.

Arnberger, Dale, the Paki international a few years ago for Lalor Jamshed or whatever- the ridiculous amount of players who come back from district and do f all..... been a fair few over the journey who have been found at.

Will believe that a leggie is really a gun if he can perform well on these decks. Aggressive bat - a.k.a. lucky woodchopper I'll bet.

I suspect even when they are failing or struggling though, they still carry themsleves with more respect and dignity than is shown on these forums though! The true indication of how good they are.

As a matter of interest what are your reasons why 8/10 fail in D.V.C.A then.

Big rumour going around training last night was that none other than Bradley "leave my boy alone" Hodge will be pulling on the pads for Mill Park in the Regional 20/20 comp this season...

Any truth?

Big rumour going around training last night was that none other than Bradley "leave my boy alone" Hodge will be pulling on the pads for Mill Park in the Regional 20/20 comp this season...

Any truth?

Does anyone know the rules for these games? Are you able to get people to play to attract a crowd ie hodge, who would be registered at another club?

Does anyone know the rules for these games? Are you able to get people to play to attract a crowd ie hodge, who would be registered at another club?

All they have on their site is the Match Rules, nothing about registration, etc.
Setting themselves up for big problems unless they have some other published Rules somewhere. Or unless they fix it up asap.

I'd hope you could, would be great for cricket in our area if we could attract someone of that ilk for a game. I know i would go and have a look, along with many other neutral observers....
Well done to mill park if this proves correct

Back