21/22 Shield Thread

Kerr will blow this century if he keeps taking the run off first ball of an over. Farm the strike fellar.

Storms smashed into Sydney overnite so there may be delays in play today with residual showers forecast,

Blues finish on 276 with Bird bowling Kerr for a vital 88.

Last edited:
Tim Ward is the big wicket the Blues need early. Coming off 139 and 64 in a 2nd X1 match last week.

Not sure how long TASCricket can persevere with Doran and Webster in their top 6 when both average under @30 FC.

Last edited:
Clayton holes out unluckily for 109. Up to Bazley now to get the Bulls over 300.

Top reflex catch by Handscomb

Last edited:
Already Bazley looks to have more red ball all round potential than Marsh, Henriques and even Wildermuth.

Last edited:
W westend [/USER],"post: 624956,
[/QUOTE]
again why isn't Lyon playing for his state Is he injured ?? or doesn't he give a f**k ???
no lead up games before the test why isnt he preparing and practicing ???

[/QUOTE]
My question too Westie. Pretty sure I saw him sideline yesterday talking to some other Blues players.
If we lose Smith for the Pakistan tour due to his injury in the T20s, I will be spitting chips.
W westend ,

Last edited:
IMO James Bazley has the potential to be a better red ball all rounder than Marsh, Henriques and even Wildermuth.

Good time for Mac Wright to be scoring runs with three of Tassie's Top 6 averaging a piddling @30.

Chris Tremain picks up his first shield 5for in three years. Needed some help from his fellow quicks tho.

Marcus Harris and his skipper making merry on another Melbourne autobahn

Last edited:
The next game in the Shield between Queensland and South Australia was supposed to begin today but will commence tomorrow instead due to the floods in Brisbane. The match is expected to take place over three days with extended hours on each day to make up for some of the lost time. The fact that the ground is in any shape to play is a brilliant effort by the ground staff considering Brisbane has had well over 600mm rain in the past three days.

The weather forecast for the three days though is very poor. It's hard to see any play taking place tomorrow with 40-80mm of rain expected while on Friday and Saturday there is also potential for both days to be heavily impacted by rain. I'd expect the match to finish in a draw unless there is a significant change in the weather in the next few days.

Overall, an uneven amount of games are to be played in the Shield this season, Queensland are scheduled to play nine games with South Australia set to play eight matches as does Tasmania. New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia will all play seven games. The ladder will then be decided on average points per game with the two top teams to progress to the final as usual.

Queensland have the most points with 23.38 but are fifth on average points as they have played seven games with this match against the Redbacks to be their last regular home and away season fixture. South Australia are last (sixth) on total points (11.95) and also on average points with this game also being their last Shield match.

Last edited:
with the remaining states to play eight.

Not so Blues and Vics also only playing 7. How do QLD get nine tho? Tell me why there is only the one match this round when as you wrote teams have only been given 7 games and why WA is not playing a match until Marsh15 when their women played a game this week. Uneven games due to poor scheduling by CA as I see it.

Yes any likelihood of play in the Bulls/Redbacks game is minimal with this dreaded La Nina in its devastating final throes this week on the Eastern Seaboard . Sydney has been copping it too. My pool looks like a swamp gggrrr.

Last edited:
May be some play today if Gabba's drainage is at its best. After a soaking morning it should fine about midday. This is shield cricket so why not add a reserve day CA. Who am I kidding.

Last edited:
Back