Australia In Sril Lanka 2011

Well Marsh could replace Watson as an opener and Watson replace Johnson, a little reshuffle and all is good. Well maybe not perfect but Johnson is just plain off the game, he is far too inconsistant. Have always been a fan but he really needs to fire up and be dependable with bat and ball.

Well Marsh could replace Watson as an opener and Watson replace Johnson, a little reshuffle and all is good. Well maybe not perfect but Johnson is just plain off the game, he is far too inconsistant. Have always been a fan but he really needs to fire up and be dependable with bat and ball.

Except that he won't ever be so there's no point in saying that. This is Johnson we are talking about - he's played 45 tests and still no-one knows what he will do at any given moment.

Anyway that was a bloody hilarious dismissal. What a klutz.

Lovely test match play there by Marsh and Hussey. SOS has done well as a sub for Punter. He'll have put himself on the list well and truly with that innings. It's up to Khawaja and Hughes to up their game for the next couple of tests as he is breathing down their neck after that display.

Except that he won't ever be so there's no point in saying that. This is Johnson we are talking about - he's played 45 tests and still no-one knows what he will do at any given moment.

Anyway that was a bloody hilarious dismissal. What a klutz.

Lovely test match play there by Marsh and Hussey. SOS has done well as a sub for Punter. He'll have put himself on the list well and truly with that innings. It's up to Khawaja and Hughes to up their game for the next couple of tests as he is breathing down their neck after that display.
Yea, i know just couldn't help myself. The test is going well pity about the rain, Marsh has done all that can be done and i imagine Punter will retire at the end of the next home series so the batting lineup for the future will be on view. I think the most encouraging thing is that Copeland and Harris are swinging the thing, something that has been missing in our attack for a while and what the POMS have hammered us with. Hope the weather holds out.

Well the wall has been found. This is the test for the young bowlers. Can Lyon and Copeland find something and concentrate their focus on a specific plan? This is what has been missing for the bowlers over the last few of years. The test will probably be a draw but it is how that comes about that will be the important thing for us. The pitch has clearly met it's death so can we pressure the SriLankans on a dead track, is the plan and the focus there?

Well the wall has been found. This is the test for the young bowlers. Can Lyon and Copeland find something and concentrate their focus on a specific plan? This is what has been missing for the bowlers over the last few of years. The test will probably be a draw but it is how that comes about that will be the important thing for us. The pitch has clearly met it's death so can we pressure the SriLankans on a dead track, is the plan and the focus there?

It will be good practise for the next match. SSC is a really flat track. I suspect some of our out of form players should magically find form there against this fairly average attack.

Edit: Now that Shaun Marsh has shown them that patience pays off.

Great venue, Pallekele.

Daily issues with weather & light, crowds were pitiful ... making it an almost entirely forgettable Test match.

Can't wait till we play there again!

Dilshan has put Australia in to bat, Siddle in for Harris , Marsh stays at 3 with Ponting and the rest of the order moving down a spot.

Hughes goes for a second ball duck playing on, pretty ordinary dismissal.

With only 126 runs on the board this partnership between the WA lads is vital, the batting is pretty fragile after these 2.

So is the jury still out on this kid, or is someone going to tell me a big hundred is just around the corner?
Either a big hundred is in the second innings or he might struggle to play at home this year. Marsh could slip into opener easily, but i do hope for him he can pull it together, after all he was not the only one to play some ordinary cricket yesterday.

My bet the pitch is plain, so if it slows over the test to a dust bowl it will be very hard to defeat SriLanka. But who knows this is test cricket so go Aussie. My bet is that with Harris out we don't have the fire power unless Johnson has his once per series game and blows them off the park in a 10 over spell.

So is the jury still out on this kid, or is someone going to tell me a big hundred is just around the corner?

As I said in the selection thread unless he pulls something out of the hat in the second dig I want Khawaja to replace him at the top of the order for the summer

Back