Australian T20I XI - Selection Thread

Shaun Marsh in back in the T20 squad as well as the ODI squad for Sri Lanka. I hope he stays on his legs and keeps his head. This is going to be a big year for him if he can.

David Warner has been pretty much 'meh' in the A matches in Zimbabwe. Outplayed by Finch, Ferguson and Marsh pretty comprehensively so far.

Blimey the first T20 was a comprehensive flogging. Hope for better things to come, but please Aus skippers no more Johnson bowlilng at the death. It's a bad idea in theory and in practise.

I'm alright with this latest T20 squad. Glad they have brought in some youngsters even if they don't play them in Mitch Marsh and Patrick Cummins. Good to drop Mitchell Johnson, they need to move on from him in this format.

Still have White in there, hopefully it doesn't take as long as Clarke to figure out he shouldn't be there.

Dave Warner scores back to back 100's in T20 cricket, pretty solid effort I think. Hopefully he can carry some form over for Australia.

Dave Warner scores back to back 100's in T20 cricket, pretty solid effort I think. Hopefully he can carry some form over for Australia.

One stupid run-out (I blame Watson as he's generally a poor judge of a single) and one bloody awful swipe later...

Interesting couple of matches though in terms of our future. Cummins and Pattinson did pretty well for young 'uns, I thought they both look temperamentally pretty good.

Mitch Marsh got one chance and took it with both hands. He really can smack the ball and we need hitters at the back-end of the T20 team.

I'm still waiting for Smith to take his opportunities with both hands, I guess even one hand would do.

Well it wasn't a joke.. Cameron White is gone which is good but is replaced by George Bailey as captain on debut despite having a very average BBL. Very bizarre, why not just make Dave Hussey or Warner Captain? Veteran Brad Hogg gets a look in with his form in the BBL being impossible to overlook I guess.

Bailey (C), Warner (VC), Birt, Christian, Doherty, Faulkner, Finch, Hogg, D.Hussey, Lee, M.Marsh, S.Marsh, Mckay, Wade.

Apart from the obvious I actually don't mind the squad although I probably would've liked an extra quick say Dirk Nannes.

Yes, the George Bailey thing is very odd, but the rest of the team I'm pretty easy about. Glad to see Faulkner in there, it will be good to see how he goes at the top level.

And I'm glad they've stuck with Mitch Marsh, he's got form behind him now. Faulkner, him and Christian will be fighting it out once Watson is back as there just won't be space for this all-rounder glut.

No Steve Smith is a welcome sight. I know he's been ok in the big bash, not brilliant but ok and he skippered the Sixers to the title, but he's had so many chances for average returns, it will be good to see what someone else can do.

So what are everyone's thoughts after the recent World T20 tournament? Watson is an absolute gun with the bat and ball and Starc was very good also. Not sure that Cameron White and David Hussey are our best squad though, nor Matt Wade.

Doherty is generally pretty ordinary in this format tbh, wouldn't mind them seeing if Michael Beer could do a better job for mine.

Dont keep blaming white he will be back has too much talent the reason people blame him is because the talent isnt consistent and im sure he will fix that

He's past it and has been for quite a while in T20's. No longer capable of scoring the quick runs needed from the middle order and struggles to get to the boundary. Doesn't bowl now either so he's taking up a spot that should go to someone else.

I thought Doherty looked pretty good too from what I saw of the Aussies.

His first game was good, his last game was terrible. The selectors made the wrong call in changing the side, Doherty nor Hussey should have come in, both ended spudding it up. Doherty got carted and Hussey scored 0 and got spanked as well.

Doherty's last over was dreadful, three sixes in a row I think, all bowled in exactly the same area.

Too be honest, I don't follow Australian cricket that closely so I'm really just trying to help you guys out with activity on this forum. I only watched Doherty in his "good" game hehe.

Doherty's last over was dreadful, three sixes in a row I think, all bowled in exactly the same area.

I know he had an ordinary tournament but I have no idea why Bailey didn't bowl Hogg out in that game.

Did anyone bother to watch the women's final? Actually wasn't too bad a game for once.

He's past it and has been for quite a while in T20's. No longer capable of scoring the quick runs needed from the middle order and struggles to get to the boundary. Doesn't bowl now either so he's taking up a spot that should go to someone else.

His first game was good, his last game was terrible. The selectors made the wrong call in changing the side, Doherty nor Hussey should have come in, both ended spudding it up. Doherty got carted and Hussey scored 0 and got spanked as well.

After all the squealing over David Hussey being left out, he played what was possibly the worst shot by an Aussie in the entire tournament. I'm not even sure it was a shot, I really couldn't tell what he was trying to do it was that awful. Damn funny to watch though.

Hopefully, that will be it for him in T20 and for White for at least this summer, but I'm getting ahead of myself I know. One if not both of them will be there come the next T20I.

Back