City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

I'd heard there was an incident, but not that much detail. Also was told of an incident in the I Grade GF that will more than likely end a career.

Hey Mick.
I was down at the I Grade for most of the game, what is the incident you're talking about apart from one very dubious 'catch'?

G'day Leeroy. I'm told that one of the Party Boys is facing the tribunal as a result of knocking over his stumps after his dismissal and launching a ball that made contact with the umpire's head - not sure whether the ball was deliberately thrown at the umpire, but the story being told suggests it was.

Still on Union, has anyone heard about their D Grade final against Omega at Bricker? I heard there were some physical altercations on the field, which might have been caught on video. Is anyone aware of this?

I am hearing numerous reports about the behaviour of Brighton Union in both Longmuir and "D" Grade Grand Finals and the general view is that Union is out of control and lost the respect of other CMCA clubs. On the surface the tactics used by both teams to intimidate and threaten incoming batsmen was identical so one would think no coincidence but a planned tactic.
Disgusting form Union. Lets hope the CMCA can stamp this out at the tribunal. Especially the "D" Grade team which has bullied and physically threatened teams over a number of years.
Your move Brighton Union committee and the CMCA

Pretenders,Vinnie's mob,Sponge Bob or the Timepiece Thimble water vessels now officially leaking haven't bothered to find my cricket to put any scores up....
Merl,
Sincere apologies for not finding My Cricket and posting the scores - I think I had other things on my mind don't you think :(
I haven't even done an umpires report yet - so I'll probably get fined for that also!! Not that I'm saying they did a bad job - on the contrary - H and Tony were very good through the Prelim and GF, and hats off to them for nipping any potential crap in the bud straight up BEFORE THE GAME, as Brad and I both knew where we stood before a ball was bowled - maybe that was needed at Mackie on the weekend ?? Sounds like things got way out of hand!
One thing you can take away from a very disappointing loss, is the fact that the game was played in good spirits, and really was a GREAT game to be part of - although the result could've been better. I think everyone who was there witnessed two teams having a fair dinkum crack, and yet at the same time respecting each others own ability, in what really has now become a fantastic rivalry that I hope we can rekindle on our return to Longy soon.
The boys were in good spirits yesterday at the Rosstown, and already looking forward to next year for another tilt at the title. If we can keep the nucleus of the young team we have already, and get the 3 or 4 players out of the 5ths into our 1s and 2s where they should be playing (namely Donati, Dwyer, Cousins) - not to mention Naidu back from injury, and some new recruits (?) we will be there again next year bigger and stronger than ever - through all grades.... that's the encouraging thing we can take away from this year. Bring on 11/12!

well it has been a long period of silence and i have kept my views and opinions to myself and waited and waited and waited hoping for this very moment to come to return serve and it is important to note that what i am about to say is my opinion and stance and not that of the Bentleigh Uniting cricket club.

I can sit here and pull the trigger on everyone or everything that has potted myself and the BUCC but what would it change and would it serve a good purpose? i think not.

Alot of things have annoyed me this year 1) Spongebobs post on here after the battle of bentleigh and what happened that day, though as he mentioned he was not there but still managed to form his view on something he did not witness. 2) Unions lack of respect to not stick around for a Beer and one player basically telling one of our club people to basically stick the beers were the sun don't shine and 3) there behavior in the GF Saturday afternoon.

But hey winners are grinners and it has been a spectacular year at the Den and 4 massive days or partying and enjoying our reward. We basically won everything!! the 1st went through undefeated all year in all forms 20-0 taking home the T20 comp, the battle of bentleigh and the Longmuir shield.
we won 6 premierships this weekend, 4 senior and 2 junior which is a club and CMCA record, it is a testament to the people at Bentleigh Uniting and all the hard work. We have played the game hard this year but never gone outside the rules to win games of cricket, when you have abundance of good people all fighting for the same course then good things will come your way and that is exactly what has happened 66 premiership medallions and 6 shields and lots of great moments that will be savored by all involved at the den, our culture is the envy of many clubs in the Cmca and our supporters are the best, rain hail or shine they are always there cheering us on and something i know we are all proud to have and even prouder to be apart of a great club.

Bring on 2012

Well done to Chelsea Heights super effort

Fair play Mr.Ernst. Full credit to Uniting.

I agree Uncle. Well done to Uniting on all the premierships, they deserved all that success.
Seeing first hand the professionalism that you guys showed this year sets a new benchmark for the rest of us clubs to aspire to.
And i'm sure it would have been a ripping night sunday & mad monday too.

Thank you Michael full credit to John and the committee they work so hard it is ridiculous and to answer a question for Merl, it is Greg Brisbane who enters the scores every saturday afternoon, he chases up any missing info on score sheets and is always seen sitting down in the club rooms with his laptop every saturday afternoon entering the scores and every Thursday night he gets home he puts the sides up on the net also, so credit to him for his efforts which allow you all to see our results with in a hour or two of games been completed!

I agree Uncle. Well done to Uniting on all the premierships, they deserved all that success.
Seeing first hand the professionalism that you guys showed this year sets a new benchmark for the rest of us clubs to aspire to.
And i'm sure it would have been a ripping night sunday & mad monday too.

Hey Squeak it was massive, Sunday night we moved to Bailey so we could run a riot with no concern of upsetting neighbours. The walls are painted in Beer and i have never seen so many blokes sing and jump and scream, there were shields everywhere and smiling faces it kicked on till all hours in the morning parents involved too and kids having a ball and thoroughly thrusted into the middle of the celebrations. Some blokes went straight through into Mad Monday celebrations which hampered there will to survive lol but some of us wiser heads decided a few hours sleep was a good idea despite the numerous wake up calls lol and yesterday was just perfect and i am feeling it now believe me but all with a smile from ear to ear!

Well done Brett & Spongebob. Enjoyed the moment Spongy at the end when in the midst of much tenseness the rival skipper shared a bit of the blue energy drink with you, it seemed typical of the game which represented most of what is good about cricket. Sportsmanship, respect for the game and respect for your opponent seem to be things of the past and some think anything goes on the field and that winning at all costs is okay but it is killing the game, look at the top level.

Kudos to any captains willing to make sacrifices on the field (maybe even lose, or get rid of one of your key players because he is a dog) to protect the integrity of the game at whatever level. Time for the cheats and the thugs to get tossed out quickly and permanently.

The "i" grade incident with the stumps getting knocked over was stupid behaviour but the catch taken on the boundary then thrown in the air only to hit the umpire was an accident.

Hey Mick.
I was down at the I Grade for most of the game, what is the incident you're talking about apart from one very dubious 'catch'?

Yes totally agree it was stupid behaviour, and out of character, knocking down 1 stump, by that player. Rumour is it will cost him 1 week having pleeded guilty already??? Having spoken to the catcher re the ball hitting the umpire (on the shoulder) was a complete accident. And by all accounts the dubious catch was given caught by both umpires, one of whom was standing 1.5m away. The catcher has said he told the umpires he was unsure, and that it was their call

Umpires are a massive part of our game and we need to respect them and support them, i strongly believe the association can do more in regards of recruitment. For example what efforts do the CMCA make in trying to recruit past players from inside the CMCA to umpire???
They should be making up a poster of some sort with details on it and ask every club to put it up on there wall, supporters and past players will see it and you may get a handful of blokes interested. Something needs to be done as the depth is not there, i mean what i witnessed Saturday from 1 umpire in charge was unbelievable, it could have cost either side a Longy premiership. Moose Delac clearly smashed a ball that was probably the loudest of noises you will get from a keeper taking a catch and bat was hanging well wide of his body and it was clear to all at the ground he smashed it but the umpire did not hear it 'joke' then some 15 overs later Moose was given run out when he was clearly home by a foot at least and as our appeal weakened as we all could see it was in, the same umpire in question nodded and gave him out it was terrible. So on both instances that could have cost either side a premiership if the game had been close. Thankfully it didn't but gee these blokes don't help themselves when you have blokes train and bust there arse all year to have this happen in a Grand Final in the top grade (surely our umpires are better then this)??? i mean we all make mistakes and some times it can be difficult to hear or see something that convinces you the bat is out, but these 2 instances were so clear cut and easy to see and adjudicate on that i can only put it down to a lack of concentration!!

G'day Leeroy. I'm told that one of the Party Boys is facing the tribunal as a result of knocking over his stumps after his dismissal and launching a ball that made contact with the umpire's head - not sure whether the ball was deliberately thrown at the umpire, but the story being told suggests it was.

He did send those stumps flying, not too sure about the ball being thrown to hit the umpire, just a mistake i guess. This particular Party Boy also took a 'catch' that would have definitley been out if we were playing one hand/ one bounce. It's amazing that the umpire who was standing behind this player was so sure he caught it.
Anyway congrats to Brett and all at BU hard work and talent do pay off when they come together. Additionally an old Sunday team mate of mine one S. Harding was a part of your Quiney Shield.

un
Hey Mick.

Uncle Mick,
U of all people should know that unless that particular story teller adds "GENUINE" to his stories, that half to 3/4's of what he says is total crap and shit stiring.....as stated before i have spoken to that particular player and his side of the tale differs greatly to that of your informant. He plans on going around again next season..possibly 1 week later than others

He did send those stumps flying, not too sure about the ball being thrown to hit the umpire, just a mistake i guess. This particular Party Boy also took a 'catch' that would have definitley been out if we were playing one hand/ one bounce. It's amazing that the umpire who was standing behind this player was so sure he caught it.
Anyway congrats to Brett and all at BU hard work and talent do pay off when they come together. Additionally an old Sunday team mate of mine one S. Harding was a part of your Quiney Shield.

Can hit a ball hey Leroy?? yeah ripping bloke has fitted in like a house on fire and widely loved and respected, genuine nice guy and i would have loved to seen him play in his younger days would have been a brilliant bat to watch, he was amongst it Sunday night loving it.

Dont believe everything you read on Facebook!
Thankfully as this other bloke says there was nothing in the ball hitting the umpire apart from it being thrown up in the air to celebrate a catch. Hardly call that deliberate or enough to end a career?
Yes he will start the season lte for knocking the stumps over which is unacceptable, but to say his career is over is laughable. Just Monday gossip / talk on Facebook I guess from a few boys who were in the midst of mad monday celebrations.

Fair call. I probably should've been a little wiser to the fact it was piss talk on a Mad Monday. The way it read inferred the ball hitting the umpire was deliberate, but that was my interpretation from a conversation I had on the Facebook page of the player in question. As I said to the wife after I read it, I found it hard to believe he'd do anything like that, but you can only go on what's put in front of you. All good and having the story cleared up it's quite obvious that no ones career is in danger.
For the record If I Can.... Chelsea were in Woolnough about 10 years ago. I still remember playing out there and getting drink bottles that had warm champagne in them at the drinks break. They claimed the footy club must've stitched them up. We got a fair old chuckle out of it - even if it did taste like warm piss!!

Back