City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Well,Well,Well,

3 holes in the ground there has been quite a bit of activity that Uncle Mick and I will be joined by all these potential winter hibernation bears .

Congratulation to Brett ( aka formerly as the child ) for his new found maturity and sensible comments in his either self imposed or club ban from the BCF.Also thanks for confirming it was Brissy who keeps the old boy and Joe Public informed of the scores.

As previously stated Merl is no computer genius and Adam may again shoot me down but in the days of ipods and laptops and other hand held devices Brissy has proved that scores can be despatched to a central processing unit aka My Cricket anf it is time congress got in the modern world and demanded clubs got their acts together.Spongey I was not talking of your side rather your H Grade side who didn't bother the scorers with any information.Jimmy your excuse just doesn't wash and for such a so called professional organisation not to have the Granny scores in the papers is just not good enough.

What is the overpaid clarinet or trumpet player who is still to actually see a CMCA game live doing about the pathetic standard of the BBQ's.He should have been thrown out with the previous state govt and if he got off his ample backside and at least got the BBQ's accredited the standards may improve somewhat.

Big Mossie a former Longy big Dance umpire didn't even get a GF gig, and an APB has been sent out to find his mate BMF and the timepiece who have given us nothing since the timepiece thimbles leaking water vessels went down the gurgler.

Overand out you must be new on the scence as the TTLWV have been in similiar positions in many many finals where they have used their higher ladder position to dictate and control games.Merl is old enough to remember them killing many a game by dead batting for 3 days before Congress finally woke up and changed the rules.

It is great to read of the spirit of the game in the Bluff Rd Cup Big Dance and it is now time for Barrack,Condelessa and co to raise and set the required standards that must be met or on your bike.The Politician has dropped the ball and his own high standards with the rabble he is sending out on to the park each week!!!

Merl over and out

The Rd 1 Big Mac / Photo Identikit Tipping Contest fixture is as follows:

CARL vs Rich
GEEL vs St Kilda
COLL vs Port Adel
ADEL vs Haw
BL vs Freo
ESS vs West Bull
MELB vs Syd
WCE vs Nth
GCFC Bye
All welcome to enter as per the rules previously advised.
Merl

That sound like typical Chelsea Heights! Do you think they can do the unthinkable and do what Mentone Amatures Football club did a few years ago and win three consecutive flags in a row being C,B and A grade??? Is it possible???

Was unfortunately, yet fortunately down at the exciting Woolnough final - great game - Congrats to Chelsea Heights - both were deservered winners - unbelievable last over - Michael Bevan like!!
In relation to the D grade final, I have been reliably informed that again the Brighton Union 3rd eleven lowered their stripes as they embarrassed not only their club but the CMCA in the way both players and their supporters conducted themselves. Things seem to be drastically spiralling out of control at Union starting with their 1st eleven side self destructing and behaving poorly at the Longy grand final, to their 3rd eleven players summoning some of their supporters to run onto the field - to which supposedly they did - during the match when things got a little heated on the field. That's a disgrace Union....surely some lengthy suspensions will be dealt to some Union players for such deplorable acts.
The CMCA seriously needs to address this issue, as this behaviour from Brighton Union and its players has been going on for far too long without appropriate discipline. Brighton Union is fast becoming the St Kilda City of this competition.

absolute rubbish! if you think any 3rd XI union player summoned anyone or needed to summon anyone from the crowd you either dont know the boys or dont know the situation of the game when the incident occurred. but to clear the air, a member of the crowd did run on the ground when the incident occurred and a union player demanded he run off in no uncertain terms and in actual fact 2 omega players ran on the ground after the incident and were rightly reported.

as for the incident itself. i can tell you exactly what happened and one person escalated the usual banter into a personal attack and questioned the integrity of another player. That player should now better considering his position but even then there is never any reason for a physical stoush on a cricket ground and its unfortunate it occurred. 2 union boys were reported for there involvement and again rightly so. as i understand there was nothing in it and all involved are big enough and ugly enough to handle themselves but the tribunal will have the final say.

the incident was completely random and unplanned and to think a team defending 199 (like 250 on the ground) would stoop to that drastic measure when having omega 6/80 is plain stupid of the idiot suggesting it and and bloody insulting to brighton union as a club. to think any actions are a directive from the committee are disgraceful comments and tells me you know nothing of what brighton union represents as a club and the players representing the club stand for individually and as sporting teams.

anyway, thought i'd set the record straight and after 2 days of solid drinking and celebrating need some decent sleep

UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!! D Grade PREMIERS 2011

Congrats to all premiers! Especailly to Brad and the Chelsea boys, what a fantastic effort. I remember speaking to Brad at last years cmca pres night and he was quite clear that they would go up to wooly with every intention to having a crack at it and well the results speak for themselves. Will also watch with interest how he goes in the top grade next year.

Now whilst speaking of promotions/relegation and i know its early days but is this going to get messy? For CH to go up then Omega need to be relegated but Omega have their seconds in Wooly (that finished 5th i think) so does that mean they get relegated to JQ thus saving ANA from relegation? But to add further confusion no team can be relegated to JQ because uniting won JG and they have sides (obviously) in Longy and Wooly? WOW im confused!!!!

Well,Well,Well,

3 holes in the ground there has been quite a bit of activity that Uncle Mick and I will be joined by all these potential winter hibernation bears .

Congratulation to Brett ( aka formerly as the child ) for his new found maturity and sensible comments in his either self imposed or club ban from the BCF.Also thanks for confirming it was Brissy who keeps the old boy and Joe Public informed of the scores.

As previously stated Merl is no computer genius and Adam may again shoot me down but in the days of ipods and laptops and other hand held devices Brissy has proved that scores can be despatched to a central processing unit aka My Cricket anf it is time congress got in the modern world and demanded clubs got their acts together.Spongey I was not talking of your side rather your H Grade side who didn't bother the scorers with any information.Jimmy your excuse just doesn't wash and for such a so called professional organisation not to have the Granny scores in the papers is just not good enough.

What is the overpaid clarinet or trumpet player who is still to actually see a CMCA game live doing about the pathetic standard of the BBQ's.He should have been thrown out with the previous state govt and if he got off his ample backside and at least got the BBQ's accredited the standards may improve somewhat.

Big Mossie a former Longy big Dance umpire didn't even get a GF gig, and an APB has been sent out to find his mate BMF and the timepiece who have given us nothing since the timepiece thimbles leaking water vessels went down the gurgler.

Overand out you must be new on the scence as the TTLWV have been in similiar positions in many many finals where they have used their higher ladder position to dictate and control games.Merl is old enough to remember them killing many a game by dead batting for 3 days before Congress finally woke up and changed the rules.

It is great to read of the spirit of the game in the Bluff Rd Cup Big Dance and it is now time for Barrack,Condelessa and co to raise and set the required standards that must be met or on your bike.The Politician has dropped the ball and his own high standards with the rabble he is sending out on to the park each week!!!

Merl over and out
regarding mossy he made himself unavailable for any gf's as he was unavailable for part of the season also if barrack and co had used forsight prior to the finals with the crazy weather this season should have the labour day as a reserve day probably would have seen a different make up for all the big dances just goes to show limited forthought was achieved at the top congrats to all winners.

absolute rubbish! if you think any 3rd XI union player summoned anyone or needed to summon anyone from the crowd you either dont know the boys or dont know the situation of the game when the incident occurred. but to clear the air, a member of the crowd did run on the ground when the incident occurred and a union player demanded he run off in no uncertain terms and in actual fact 2 omega players ran on the ground after the incident and were rightly reported.

as for the incident itself. i can tell you exactly what happened and one person escalated the usual banter into a personal attack and questioned the integrity of another player. That player should now better considering his position but even then there is never any reason for a physical stoush on a cricket ground and its unfortunate it occurred. 2 union boys were reported for there involvement and again rightly so. as i understand there was nothing in it and all involved are big enough and ugly enough to handle themselves but the tribunal will have the final say.

the incident was completely random and unplanned and to think a team defending 199 (like 250 on the ground) would stoop to that drastic measure when having omega 6/80 is plain stupid of the idiot suggesting it and and bloody insulting to brighton union as a club. to think any actions are a directive from the committee are disgraceful comments and tells me you know nothing of what brighton union represents as a club and the players representing the club stand for individually and as sporting teams.

anyway, thought i'd set the record straight and after 2 days of solid drinking and celebrating need some decent sleep

UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!! D Grade PREMIERS 2011

In response to "Unionite"...
Therein lies the problem, Brighton Union is now so "Rotten", they do not even realise it themselves.
Any other club would look back at the behaviour of their teams over the Grand Final weekend and be ashamed, but no, the win at all cost mentality and complete lack of respect to their opponents and the spirit of cricket are there for all to see.
I speak to any decent person left at Brighton Union, and there are some, pull these dills into place, even if you have to make some hard decisions, your clubs reputation is at stake. THe ENTIRE comp is talking about you.

You are a disgrace Brighton Confusion. (and congrats on the "D" grade flag, was it worth it?)

This notion of foresight is a cop out. It was a public holiday. 95% of the competition are not paid professionals (including the CMCA Execs) and have every right to make the most of a public holiday to spend with their families etc. The simple fact was that the higher ranked side were treated favourably for performing better throughout the season. It may not be the most desirable result for many, but if you get the results in the h&a season then you are justifiably rewarded in the finals series.
I haven't once seen a post from a Moorabbin West person on here in the finals series. They copped a raw-ish deal with the weather, but using this so-called "foresight" they chose to bowl first knowing they'd have to contend with rain on the Sunday and pushed to get back out on the ground for a result. As it turned out they weren't able to chase down the target,but they've copped it on the chin without any fuss. The reverse instance happened in Longmuir where Duddy took a punt on batting first and it played into Union's hands to use the weather as an excuse on Day 2 and stall the game until the point where the result was beyond their control. Bad luck. If players didn't go away on footy trips or have their own agenda throughout the season East Sandy (as an example) would more than likely have beaten Elwood early in the season and been the higher ranked side and more than likely wouldn't have tried to get back out on the Sunday knowing the result was theirs. As for the lower grades, the same applies whereby sides perform well in Rds 1-11. Teams have got no one to blame but themselves.

In response to "Unionite"...
Therein lies the problem, Brighton Union is now so "Rotten", they do not even realise it themselves.
Any other club would look back at the behaviour of their teams over the Grand Final weekend and be ashamed, but no, the win at all cost mentality and complete lack of respect to their opponents and the spirit of cricket are there for all to see.
I speak to any decent person left at Brighton Union, and there are some, pull these dills into place, even if you have to make some hard decisions, your clubs reputation is at stake. THe ENTIRE comp is talking about you.

You are a disgrace Brighton Confusion. (and congrats on the "D" grade flag, was it worth it?)

therein lies your problem. the entire comp maybe talking but the problem when people start talking is that they forget to process the truth from heresy. i doubt any one saw all the action from both days from both grand finals because it would be physically impossible. but here you are spreading second hand information about the events on the sunday at bricker like you you were there when you obviously weren't. i guess you sound like a tosser when you use phrases like 'to their 3rd eleven players summoning some of their supporters to run onto the field - to which supposedly they did' when you actually have no idea and heard it from a guy who heard from another guy who heard from another guy who was there at bricker.

so what we have is a group of commentators so "rotten" they dont even realise it themselves. any other commentator would look back at their comments and be ashamed but no, the comment at all cost mentality to discredit Brighton Union is there for all to see. ahhhhhh the irony.

The ENTIRE comp may be talking but its because people are spreading second hand BS information to the dumb masses to lap up and believe when it actual fact they/you have no idea

Well done to Omega, i didn't hear any of them complaining. they are a tough team that enjoy a verbal scrap and certainly give as good as they got.

and please dont insult me and other lower grade players. when you play in D grade then of course winning a premiership in D grade is worth it.

and well done to union now in longy, wooly and quiney. a great effort

therein lies your problem. the entire comp maybe talking but the problem when people start talking is that they forget to process the truth from heresy. i doubt any one saw all the action from both days from both grand finals because it would be physically impossible. but here you are spreading second hand information about the events on the sunday at bricker like you you were there when you obviously weren't. i guess you sound like a tosser when you use phrases like 'to their 3rd eleven players summoning some of their supporters to run onto the field - to which supposedly they did' when you actually have no idea and heard it from a guy who heard from another guy who heard from another guy who was there at bricker.

so what we have is a group of commentators so "rotten" they dont even realise it themselves. any other commentator would look back at their comments and be ashamed but no, the comment at all cost mentality to discredit Brighton Union is there for all to see. ahhhhhh the irony.

The ENTIRE comp may be talking but its because people are spreading second hand BS information to the dumb masses to lap up and believe when it actual fact they/you have no idea

Well done to Omega, i didn't hear any of them complaining. they are a tough team that enjoy a verbal scrap and certainly give as good as they got.

and please dont insult me and other lower grade players. when you play in D grade then of course winning a premiership in D grade is worth it.

and well done to union now in longy, wooly and quiney. a great effort

My Dear Unionite
Please settle down and take a breath.
I1. I did not mention "summonsing supporters onto the ground"? did you do that also?
2. True, I cannot be everywhere but I personally witnessed some incidents and have been a victim of Union tactics in the past.
3. I did not ridicule your "D" grade win, I actually congratulated you.
4. Yes there are wittnesses, as you will discover at the tribunal. Omega is ready to tell their side.
5. Read the other posts my friend, we are many in our damnation of Union.

Lets leave it in the hands of the CMCA and tribunal to see who is at fault.

My Dear Unionite
Please settle down and take a breath.
I1. I did not mention "summonsing supporters onto the ground"? did you do that also?
2. True, I cannot be everywhere but I personally witnessed some incidents and have been a victim of Union tactics in the past.
3. I did not ridicule your "D" grade win, I actually congratulated you.
4. Yes there are wittnesses, as you will discover at the tribunal. Omega is ready to tell their side.
5. Read the other posts my friend, we are many in our damnation of Union.

Lets leave it in the hands of the CMCA and tribunal to see who is at fault.

it was the member 'guy' that mentioned 'summoning supporters' so apologies, but as you can see it only takes a couple of lies and exaggerations for them to become gospel.

we've all been victim to sledging and banter on a cricket ground but way over the top by you to call it 'union tactics' don't you think? the best teams in cricket are all sledgers and personally i find it insulting if i am not sledged when i walk to the crease.

as a club we will discover the outcome of the tribunal hearing and yes omega will have a chance to tell their side of the story, as will brighton union. there is 2 sides, that's the way these things work isn't it?

I feel obliged to post here under my true identity and do not feel a need to defend my Club and my fellow teammates in Brighton Union's 3rd XI.

I understand how hearsay can spiral out of control and cause forums like this to cop a hammering with useless banter and speculation.

Fact is that myself and one other Brighton Union player will be facing the CMCA Tribunal along with 2 Omega players. Of course our captains will be summoned as well.

I have played cricket for 25 seasons in the CMCA and the GF was my 275th game. My teammates and I have never been reported during this time.

I am embarrassed that this "incident" has escalated to this extent, especially considering that very few of the "postees" were actually at the game.

I have heard the following words floating around since Sunday:
  • "Rugby Tackle"
  • "Assault Charges"
  • "Legal Advice"
  • "Discgraceful"
Let the incident be dealt with by the Tribunal and do not judge me or my Club until the matter is heard.

Regards
Nez Daou
Brighton Union Cricket Club

Disappointing to hear so many people rubbish other clubs in the CMCA. With some indescretions at games over the finals series, all of a sudden people start judging clubs and have a go at people. Mostly by people who weren't at the games. Not getting all the facts. All clubs in Longy and Wooly and all other grades for that matter have had incidents and issues over the years. God forbid if we all held grudges forever. None of the clubs would talk to each other and none of us would make the friends we have from all other clubs. It is generally individuals getting a bit out of hand and in most cases it is sorted out by clubs getting together or if it is a bit more serious the tribunal sorts it out. Sometimes individuals may never see eye to eye but I would've thought the majority of clubs have a healthy respect for each other and most people get along and have a beer together. Even I have had some heated words with individuals out on the field over the years but in most cases after the game it's sorted out. If not straight after it nomally is sorted the next time you meet. Hopefully when the dust settles we can get back to being positive between the clubs. I think a little rest over the winter will relax everybody and get in readiness for 2011/2012. Bring it on.

Disappointing to hear so many people rubbish other clubs in the CMCA.

Billy,

You really are a kid, and niavie as well, that's what the forum is for you get on and have your say good or bad, as long as you stay within the rules!!!!!

The other old saying is 'where there is smoke there is fire' and from all accounts The Pretenders have dropped the ball,and the Politician needs to ring the bells and get his house in order, as they are getting as bad a reputation as the leaky vessels

Merl's tips for rd 1 starting tonight and I hope a few others will join in to create a bit of winter BCF interest.Maybe the now mature Brett could come back and tip his Saints and mauybe he could teach them how to win!!!

CARL vs Rich
GEEL vs St Kilda
COLL vs Port Adel
ADEL vs Haw
BL vs Freo
ESS vs West Bull
MELB vs Syd
WCE vs Nth
GCFC Bye
Merl over and out

Back