City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Well Done Bent Utg, well deserved.

I wonder if certain members of opposing clubs (one from the Brick springs to mind) will start questioning (whinging/ sledging) Utg for paying players, as they have with us over the last decade!?! Or is it just my "fiscal" mind at work here!

The Rd 1 Big Mac / Photo Identikit Tipping Contest fixture is as follows:

CARL vs Rich
GEEL vs St Kilda
COLL vs Port Adel
ADEL vs Haw
BL vs Freo
ESS vs West Bull
MELB vs Syd
WCE vs Nth
GCFC Bye

Yes but I am sure the Burgermeister would love to join our party.

Have you given him any clues to the distinguished gentleman you share a frothy with yet?

yep i will join, send me a PM of your identity so i know who im dealing with.. PS i stink at footy tipping, but unbeatable at Supercoach.. want to join our league merl/ UM?? got a few spots left..

Well Done Bent Utg, well deserved.

I wonder if certain members of opposing clubs (one from the Brick springs to mind) will start questioning (whinging/ sledging) Utg for paying players, as they have with us over the last decade!?! Or is it just my "fiscal" mind at work here!

To win a Longy flag now needs to be paid for or bought, which ever way you look at it. Not sure if winning it is that important winning it anymore.

I am hearing numerous reports about the behaviour of Brighton Union in both Longmuir and "D" Grade Grand Finals and the general view is that Union is out of control and lost the respect of other CMCA clubs. On the surface the tactics used by both teams to intimidate and threaten incoming batsmen was identical so one would think no coincidence but a planned tactic.
Disgusting form Union. Lets hope the CMCA can stamp this out at the tribunal. Especially the "D" Grade team which has bullied and physically threatened teams over a number of years.
Your move Brighton Union committee and the CMCA

I am hearing numerous reports about the behaviour of Brighton Union in both Longmuir and "D" Grade Grand Finals and the general view is that Union is out of control and lost the respect of other CMCA clubs. On the surface the tactics used by both teams to intimidate and threaten incoming batsmen was identical so one would think no coincidence but a planned tactic.
Disgusting form Union. Lets hope the CMCA can stamp this out at the tribunal. Especially the "D" Grade team which has bullied and physically threatened teams over a number of years.
Your move Brighton Union committee and the CMCA

We too have been victem of this sides disgusting behaviour and can not beleive the ovel office has let this continue for so long let alone the polly. Julia and the back seat driver should take control and show some balls

The mystery revealed !!

Could not believe my own eyes when the beemer pulled up outside the Greyhound Hotel the other night and two 'gentlemen' emerged, embaced with a nice hug and passionate kiss and then continued on into the establishment. Knowing what the excrement from Petersen street looks like, it then became obvious who the other 'gentleman' was.

Having seen what i saw, i can now understand why 'the drop' refuses to reveal his true identity.

I thought that there was more to the mutual appreciation society between the excrement and the drop but all i hope is that the excrement is the giver and the drop the receiver as the drop looks well suited to that role.

Happy scrunching, happy folding

absolute rubbish! if you think any 3rd XI union player summoned anyone or needed to summon anyone from the crowd you either dont know the boys or dont know the situation of the game when the incident occurred. but to clear the air, a member of the crowd did run on the ground when the incident occurred and a union player demanded he run off in no uncertain terms and in actual fact 2 omega players ran on the ground after the incident and were rightly reported.

as for the incident itself. i can tell you exactly what happened and one person escalated the usual banter into a personal attack and questioned the integrity of another player. That player should now better considering his position but even then there is never any reason for a physical stoush on a cricket ground and its unfortunate it occurred. 2 union boys were reported for there involvement and again rightly so. as i understand there was nothing in it and all involved are big enough and ugly enough to handle themselves but the tribunal will have the final say.

the incident was completely random and unplanned and to think a team defending 199 (like 250 on the ground) would stoop to that drastic measure when having omega 6/80 is plain stupid of the idiot suggesting it and and bloody insulting to brighton union as a club. to think any actions are a directive from the committee are disgraceful comments and tells me you know nothing of what brighton union represents as a club and the players representing the club stand for individually and as sporting teams.

anyway, thought i'd set the record straight and after 2 days of solid drinking and celebrating need some decent sleep

UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!! D Grade PREMIERS 2011

Union are a decent club. The Low lifes that represent their D grade side are nothing more than weak cowards as they have demonstrated for a period of time. Time to cull the trash from the BUCC

Union are a decent club. The Low lifes that represent their D grade side are nothing more than weak cowards as they have demonstrated for a period of time. Time to cull the trash from the BUCC

you sound like you've been on the receiving end of a few touch ups from the boys over the years. own up, which one are you?

Do believe the CMCA tribunal is meeting on Wednesday.
The game of interest is the much talked about "D" Grade Grand Final between Omega and Brighton Disunion.
Be very interested in the result. Is the CMCA full of Huff and Puff or will we see strong action.
Must be some very nervous boys out there??

I wouldn't be so sure. There have been some mind boggling decisions come out of the tribunal in the past.

The verdicts are in and the cmca has done a tremendous job handing out fair and just penalties to all concerned objectively based on the information in front of them.

Caspi Daou Slucki Rozario and captain Amro all received a 1 match suspension while Miccalezzi got 2 matches. Not sure about Fridman

Union are a disgrace. Anyone that needs to manhandle a player on the cricket field needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Its a non-contact sport you idiots. If you want a contact sport, Maybe union should put a wrestling ring in the middle of big hurley! You could sell tickets, god knows a few of your players have got some on themselves!

As for the CMCA, piss pour effort from the tribunal.

Are you basing this on facts or what you have heard? The stories that keep popping up are conflicting with 2 very different versions depending whose side of the story is being told. There's no doubt some of the Union people have tarnished the club name by events over the past month, but before we label the CMCA/tribunal soft, what are the actual facts...?

Union are a disgrace. Anyone that needs to manhandle a player on the cricket field needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Its a non-contact sport you idiots. If you want a contact sport, Maybe union should put a wrestling ring in the middle of big hurley! You could sell tickets, god knows a few of your players have got some on themselves!

As for the CMCA, piss pour effort from the tribunal.

Word has it their Pres told the Omies boys not to give up union and worry about themselves. Not very smart. He got his boys rubbed out and union gets away with it again.

Am I right in understanding that:

1. Should a bloke or junior (batsman on my team) cramp up or pull a hamstring whilst batting and I come onto the field to see if his okay, would this mean that I would be charged with "misconduct" and be given a 2 match ban (with 1 suspended)?

or

2. Should a bloke or junior (batsman on my team) get hit with the ball, whether on the head, chest or any other part of the body and I come onto the field to see if his okay, would this mean that I would be charged with "misconduct" and be given a 2 match ban (with 1 suspended)?

or

3. If IMO and in 95% of people at the ground opinion that one of our batsman was in danger of possible injury/serious injury and I come onto the field to see if his okay, would this mean that I would be charged with "misconduct" and be given a 2 match ban (with 1 suspended)?

From the verdict given to the 2 Omega players, then the answer is yes!

Back