City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

A bit like the 1,200 runs Amoore was supposed to make in Woolnough when Centrals came down for a year.

Bit of a difference in age. If he applies himself he will break a lot of records. I hear they are strating their pre season early. A couple of pub crawls in June just to get things moving and then get right into it. Seriously if the Party boys apply themselves they will be hard to beat next season.Just hope they are planning a serious tilt at playing in Longmuir. The competition is already looking good with the Wash Ups, Omega, Weststars and Uniting with the Hoops and Cluden lurking around.

OAKLEIGH DISTRICTS FOOTBALLERS CRICKET CLUB

Affiliated with the SDCCL
Seek key personnel for the 2011/12 Season
We are a rebuilding club with a thriving junior set up including the Milo Have a Go program. Our 1st XI is in 1st grade (Menzies Sheild) and was a finals contender right until the last round of this season. We are now seeking the skills and professionalism of specific players to take us to the next step. We are looking for:

A genuine top 3 batsman
A free scoring middle order batsman
A Bowling all-rounder capable of batting at 6-7 and bowling with the new ball or 1st change.
Suitable candidates will be able to complete pre season training as well as train regularly during the season. They will preferably have statistical credentials available on MyCricket or similar league websites. Leadership aspirations and players looking for future coaching roles will be held in the highest regard.

Remuneration can be negotiated based on the skill level of the applicant

Resumes/Applications/Enquiries can be forwarded to adamciavarella@gmail.com or enquiries can be made on 0413 928 287

Applications close 30th May, 2011

Might have some more luck with that if u get out of that garb comp...

A bit like the 1,200 runs Amoore was supposed to make in Woolnough when Centrals came down for a year.

Or like the 50+ wickets Uncle was supposed to take in Walnut after the flag year for E.Sandy??
an old saying in cricket, a good ball is a good ball.. Dont matter who you are. always tough as a bat..
How many time have we seen players go down grade or 2 ( usually because available for 1 week etc.) and then get a quick 20 & hole out... Except the great 'Hammer Time' of course with his 300 (40x 6's) being the eception..
not sure of the records but i reckon Squeaks year, when we (then)/Pageys won the flag a few years back would be tough to beat..
i also remember a guy by the name of Simon Hede making 800 odd runs for centrals in Longy... I think was only dismissed in half the innings he batted had a massive avg from memory... won the Charlie that year
are these stats anywhere to be found... Clocker you seem to be the man on all things statistica, get to work old boy???

Who made that outrageous statement about UM, Burgs? The great gloveman at the Two Blues was responsible for the Amoore statement. 1,200 was a little excessive. If Manders applies himself I'd be surprised if he doesn't clock up 500+ runs and 40+ wickets. That's a pretty impressive year.

Clocker you can't be serious about AERSL getting serious about Longmuir. With all due respect to them cos they are a good bunch down there, but they were rolled for 62, 51, 96, 109, 82, 82, 85 & refused to play Rd.11. One big recruit returning home doesn't suggest to me they're getting serious about their cricket.
They've got Shelton who from what I'm told and what he showed in 1 game against Moorabbin West has a lot of potential and Tonkin who doesn't look all that flash, but on his day can tear a bowling attack apart. Add Manders and you don't have a Longmuir side. Unless they've got some very good juniors coming through, I can't see them doing anything more than winning Woolnough and asking to stay down. Bear in mind the merger of Asp/Edi RSL to Chelsea RSL will see the club potentially lose it's identity and almost certainly lose it's funding which you would think will have an impact on the club.

Or like the 50+ wickets Uncle was supposed to take in Walnut after the flag year for E.Sandy??
an old saying in cricket, a good ball is a good ball.. Dont matter who you are. always tough as a bat..
How many time have we seen players go down grade or 2 ( usually because available for 1 week etc.) and then get a quick 20 & hole out... Except the great 'Hammer Time' of course with his 300 (40x 6's) being the eception..
not sure of the records but i reckon Squeaks year, when we (then)/Pageys won the flag a few years back would be tough to beat..
i also remember a guy by the name of Simon Hede making 800 odd runs for centrals in Longy... I think was only dismissed in half the innings he batted had a massive avg from memory... won the Charlie that year
are these stats anywhere to be found... Clocker you seem to be the man on all things statistica, get to work old boy???

Certainly correct regarding Squeak.

Woolnough Shield OVERALL
MATCHES 14 14
BATTING
INNINGS 14 14
NOT OUT* 4 4
CAUGHT 9 9
LBW 1 1
BOWLED 0 0
STUMPED 0 0
RUN OUT 0 0
RUNS 827 827
HIGHEST SCORE 126 126
AVERAGE 82.7 82.7
BOWLING
OVERS 124.1 124.1
MAIDENS 33 33
WICKETS 24 24
RUNS 365 365
BEST BOWLING 6-41 6-41
AVERAGE 15.2 15.2
STRIKE RATE 31.0 31.0
ECONOMY RATE 2.9 2.9
FIELDING
CATCHES 1 1
CATCHES WK 0 0
CATCHES Ttl 1 1
UnAst RUN OUTS 1 1
Ast RUN OUTS 1 1
STUMPINGS 0 0

Tips:
Bobby Davis' Cats
Saints
Power
Kangas
Dons
Pies
Swans
Eagles

Merl - I'm expecting an invitation for a guest pass to the MCC members for the Blues v Dees clash next Friday night. PM me the details.

The Beach Boys will look back on 2010-2011 with some satisfaction however they will appreciate that they really blew some golden opportunities to secure a double chance and manage a finals game at their fortress which is the Beach Oval. They were undefeated at home this season in their 5 Longmuir matches, and at times looked like they could take any team. Rating 7/10.

Great reading Clock. Been AWOL from these this board as I took a small break from cricket post season.

A good assessment of our season. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the off season.

Merl's tips

Blues
Saints
Freo
Bris
Ess
Pies
Swans
Bullies

Uncle maybe Burger meister and Adam could join us in the long room as long as they have the sports coat with the leather elbow patches.

I am planning to update the Big Mac Photo identikit leader board later tonight as long as I have all your tips in?

Anyone seen or heard from Peter Parker and his tips.

Merl is close to revealing a couple of big scoops revealed on the boundary line over a couple of frothies in the last few weeks.

Merl over and out

i think i will be ok..
why would i want to go watch those 2 muppet teams play with people i dont know..
tip of the round Crows, or at least will go close to knocking off the choke-pies !!

i think i will be ok..
why would i want to go watch those 2 muppet teams play with people i dont know..
tip of the round Crows, or at least will go close to knocking off the choke-pies !!

Burgermeister

So now your claiming you don't know my new drinking partner Uncle Mick!!

I would like my Go Dees to choke as well as Vinnie's flagpies choked when they pushed the Go button to put the crows on the first plane out of town.By the way how are the Rockers going and are you keeping that excitable coach under control?

see you on the boundary line if you can't make it to the G with Uncle Sugar and Merl!

Vinnie,Uncle & me

The Big Mac update as pronised with the old boy rapidly falling off the pace.

Vinnie 4,5,7,5,6,5,6,6,8 total 52
Uncle 4,5,7,6,4,7,4,7,4 total 48
Merl 4,6,5,4,6,6,4,4,4 total 43

we certainly have the quality not quantity in this elite competition.

Please let me know of any errors.

We all know you're a good man, Merl, but you're being a bit generous to Vinnie. Not to mention you might upset your best mate by giving Sydney the points for the game at the SCG on the weekend.

Back