City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Indeed Merl. Thanks again. As per the agreement my late tips include the insipid jumpers from last night.
I'll also take:
Freo
Tiges
Crows
Hawks
Cats
Eagles
Swans

'Bruise free football'. Gold!
Hawks playing keepings of in the third quarter against the Dogs....disgrace.
If the Dees can incorporate 'Bruise free footy' with the Hawks keepings off then we may see a scoreless draw. All they need is Maric to fall over now and then and claim a foul and it would be perfect!:D

Thanks again for last week old chap. Tips for this week are:
Neon Leon to go missing in the "Grand Final Replay", with the result the same as the first replay.
Dons
Swans
Cats
Eagles
Hawks
Roos
Blues

Evening lads, your friendly fly by nighter here! Word is spreading like wildfire around the CMCA today with the apparent sacking of Ivan 'don't call me ivan' Delac. Is this a case of the BUCC committee pre-empting don't call me's ship jumping? Or is this the first step toward trying to rid the club of many rotten apples? If this is the case, certainly more heads will roll soon???
And who to captain the sledling side next season? Rumours of a return of a former favourite son from down the peninsula keep popping up....

Stay tuned....

Evening All,

Uncle I hope you have returned the sports jacket with the leather patches back to it's owner.We will do it again as it was a most enjoyable night, such a pity the Burgermiester couldn't join us and it was difficult to find Adam in the crowded Long Room.

Casper has stolen a bit of Merl's thunder as the Old Boy has heard the same sort of rumblings and knows of unofficial/official approaches to some promenient CMCA identities.Uncle anyone rang you to replace the Moose.

Is the Bluff Rd Cup big enough to handle both Manders and the Moose if he ventures back home to Bricker?

Any truth in the rumour that all is not well at the Oasis 2 ?

Merl's tips

Bombers
Cats
Eagles
Syd
Pies
HAw
Nth
Carl

I will track down the woman on the train to confirm/ source out the latest info!

Merl over and out

1. The following appointments have been made for the coming season:
Club Coach: Ross Veitch, Assistants – Darian Kuzma and Andrew Hewson.
Captains: 1st X1 – Darian Kuzma
2nd X1 – Brian McDonough
3rd X1 – Brett Northage
4th X1 – David Martin.
I thank Ivan Delac and Imad Amro for their service as captain in recent years.
Selectors: Michael Cove (Chairman), Ross Veitch, Darian Kuzma, Stuart Bell & David Wingfield.
1st X1 Team Manager – Rob Robinson & Scorer – Les Jason.
It looks like the axe has swung down at the Pretenders and the Moose has been allowed to roam free to new pastures!!!
Good to see they have gone with a good vintage in old Winger on the selection panel.Will this see the Highway Pretenders return to their former glories and just who has paid the price for the March madness?

Merl over and out

Fresh off the Wash Ups website. Looks like they are planning another big season and moving in the right direction.It seems that the Sharks have entrenched themselves as the 'Family' club of the CMCA.

NEW 1sts CAPTAIN: Marcus Dollman has been appointed Captain of our 1st X1 for the coming season. Marcus, 34 , is an excellent leader and very competitive. He played District Firsts for the Magpies, then captained St. Kevin's Old Boys to Premiers in the EDCA on turf. He is a well-organized left-handed bat and right arm spinner ( and a former Keeper). Dolly also played over 200 games of Amateur footy for The SKOBBERS. He is married to Bec, Twiggy's elder daughter, and they have 3 children -- Archie, 4 ; Mollie 2 ; Charlie , 1 .
Welcome aboard, Marcus. It should be a great season at Packer Park. Milton Hammon will continue on as Club Coach after an outstanding season in 2010/ 11.

MATTHEW DWYER RETURNS: Favourite son Matt Dwyer returns to the Sharks after a stint in Sydney. Matt is now working for Cricket Australia -- in charge of Junior Development. He is very confident of delivering us some promising young players for next season. Matt has contacts in high places and has always been a " Recruiting Magnet" for our Club.
What's the matter with you? I think your brain is going soft with all that comedy you are playing with that young girl. Never tell anyone outside the Family what you are thinking again. (Don Corleone)

I'd thought I'd let you guys know that Dave May is Elwood's new president after Brett Holmes stood down as he is getting married later in the year.

Besides that, no real changes at the beach this year thus far. Should be keeping a similar set-up to last season ... with hopefully a few more quality walk ins. :)

Stay tuned, Clocker....
I don't think the Ivan rumour surprises anyone. Apparently true and he's raring to go.
There are however a few surprises with a couple of Longmuir clubs under the impression they've secured the same person. Another $tory i$ that a certain club ha$ $ecured the $erviceS of a young gun from their neighbour$.
And is there trouble looming at a Woolnough club with a couple of key departures?

Back