Carnegie South

Wooly
Washington Park
Asp - Edithvale RSL
Brighton Union
Moorabbin West
Cluden
Chelsea Heights

Merlot, I gather you've never tried punching in a scorecard with an iPhone/ iPad... I have and it's not that easy. Apple software is not very compatible with the MyCricket site. For someone who has done this on a weekly basis for 5 years as well as being reasonably IT savvy, I think I've got a fair bit of knowledge on what's working and what isn't. Without harping on the point the CMCA have dropped the ball on enforcing clubs to getting scores in by 7pm on Saturday night. MyCricket has solved everything. Yet we continually hear people complain about no scores in the Sunday papers. The attitude has filtered from the top to all the clubs, that as long as you meet the MyCricket deadlines, being Monday & Tuesday nights, nothing else matters.

Anyway, the latest edition of the Bentleigh ANA Cricket show is nowavailable to be viewed on www.bentleighana.com. After the previous episode, some anonymous abusive phone calls in relation to family members have been coming our way. Let's keep it above the belt guys.

LONGY

Hampton Central
Le Page Park
Bentleigh ANA
Bentleigh Uniting
ESBC
Carnegie South (although Kingston Heath have already claimed victory!)

WOOLY

Washups
Bentleigh ANA
Brighton Union
Bentleigh Uniting
Cluden
Chelsea Heights

"..... and while you have club reps particularly with coloured caps voting on party lines instead of an independent board a particularly great comp will continue to go backwards.A comp is only as good as it's leader and just like the land of Uncle Sam ours is not that good."

Merlot,
You certainly have taken a large dose of vitriol in your wine of late!
As they say in the classics - you get the government you deserve! When was the last time an election was held for a position on Congress? They are 2 short this season because not enough clubs are prepared to put up a candidate. How do you think an independent board could be formed when affiliated clubs won't put up their best people?

By the way, Benny Goodman played the clarinet, not the trumpet!

The Old Bill

CMCA Kookaburra Twenty\20 Round 3 Result:
Kingston Heath made 5/168 Luke Schwarze 55 n.o.
Peter Mentiplay 2/20

Le Page made the total 7/170 with two overs to spare.
Rod Douthie 52 n.o. Michael Deiacovo 30-odd

Le Page Park will advance to the semi-finals next week after winning 2 games.
Chelsea Heights won 1 game
Kinston Heath lost both games.

Does anyone know who the other teams are that will be playing next week?

Bobby Dazzler Tips

Bentleigh Uniting 3 v Southside East Caulfield 1
Washington Park 2 v Hampton Central 2
Melbourne Wanderers 1 v Elwood 2
Kingston Heath 2 v Carnegie South 2
Cheltenham Park 1 v Mackie 2
West Bentleigh 2 v Le Page Park 2

Not that play looks likely but good luck to all for the weekend!

Merlot is lobbying for a Royal commission into the 'no scores in sunday papers scandal';Sugar sounds like the opposition spokesman on the National broadband network; Uncle Mick is embroiled in a legal battle; The Judge is now in the witness protection program; Chooka and Brett are gagged akin to the Labor Party policy on gay marriage;Archie has simply disappeared of the face of the earth with the odd alleged sighting of the great man; Spongebob is resting his vocal chords.Jimmy trying to work out how to fit a 30 hour day into 24 hours.The inclement weather is taking its toll (hay fever and thunderstorm asthma) as we face yet another weekend without cricket. (good call Mick). And to boot we have to vote tomorrow.Hmm what do they say about inclement weather and incumbent Governments? Let's hope so...

Longmuir Selections:

Hampton Central (County Court appeal notwithstanding)
Le Page
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Hoops in an upset.
Carnegie South

Woolnough Selections:

Wash Ups (Karoke to continue)
Bentleigh ANA
Juggernaut
Moorabbin West
Cluden
Chelsea Heights.

Longy:
Hampton Central
Le Page
Elwood
Uniting
East Sandy
Us

Wooly:
ANA
Wash Park
East Sandy
Uniting
Cluden
Heights

Quiney:
Wash Park
Uniting
Wanderers
Us
Chelt Park
Le Page.

Let's hope we get some cricket this weekend.

Longy
Hampton Central
Le Page
Elwood
Billionaires
East Sandy
Spiders

Wooly
ANA
Sharks
East Sandy
Billionaires
Cluden
Heights

Quiney
Billionaires
Sharks
Melb Wanderers
Spiders
Chelt Park
Le Page
Tipping two dayer this round, but many reverting to ordinary conditions. There may be a few 3 pointers received to throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Merl - interestingly enough there's an anomaly in the fixture due to a side pulling out of I Grade and HWCC are now fixtured to play the "legal eagle" again in consecutive rounds. This time Uncle Mick will partake in proceedings (provided we get on the park tomorrow) due to being unavailable next weekend and the unfortunate situation where we are battling to field a side in I grade and need players to make up numbers (even if it's for 1 week). Hopefully, the litigious one can agree to an out of court settlement with Uncle Mick and we can get on with playing cricket - not without a short one at his head first up.

Longy
Centrals
Le Page
Elwood
Uniting
Union
Carnegie Sth

Wooly
Wash Ups
AERSL
ESBC
Moorabbin West
Cluden
Chelsea Heights

Quiney
Uniting
Wash Ups
Wanderers
Kingston
Chelt Park
Le Page

Evening All,

Merlot is lobbying for a Royal commission into the 'no scores in sunday papers scandal';

Clock,

Very difficult for a staunch republican and no supporter of the royal dole bludgers to want a royal commission.The closest I get to royalty is the King George oval.

With due respect to both you and Adam whose technological skills I am quite familiar with and have seen in action I am not requesting a full score cards with batting and bowling details just a simple Ana 217 d Mackie 9/127 surely does not take a royal commission to institute and those new fangled iphones,black berries etc were surely designed for this stuff.I have a major tipping contest to run and need to get the scores.I would imagine that John Halliday of the Bentleigh Billionaires still has the job of submitting their scores and I could set my watch on him submitting the scores each Saturday night and knowing John I am sure he has had a few frothies before hand but either he or someone down there get's off their backside and gives the cricketing public a lot more than the pathetic Congress.

Uncle Mick,

Just forget about the left arm sliders just ping a few at the banjo player and give him one ,two three for the two girls and the other poor fella he dis advantaged with his pettiness.He won't know what's hit him taking on the BCF's very own uncle Mick!!!
No defence entered by Buddy big head from one of the leaders of his club!!!

Can report that Arch is alive and well but has ran into a few problems at the Taj Mahal with very limited computer access on the sub continent.

Thanks to those who have shown their support for the Bobby Dazzler in acknowledgement not everything is about Longy and Wooly and Army i expect you to figure prominently in this new innovation.

How do you think an independent board could be formed when affiliated clubs won't put up their best people?

Bill there are spaces on Congress because people don't want to work with the dictator.Many successful boards have been formed by movers and shakers going out to the people and recruiting them.You sound older than old Merl and yes I have plenty of board experience so I know what I am talking about.

Adam,

You have reinforced Merl's use of amnimity with those pathetic phone calls no doubt you and the judge have received.While I haven't viewed the latest award winning youtube show I certainly won't be broadcasting any of the great contributions of the judge for gutless nobodies to get stuck into him about.

Merl will be back later with his tips and maybe Brudes could beat him by getting his tips in early for a change.

Merl over and out

Merl's tips

Longy

Hamp c
Le Page
Elwood
B Utg
East sandy
Car Sth

Bluff Rd

Wash Pk
Ana
E Sandy
Moo west
Cluden
C hts

Bobby Dazzler

B Utg
W Pk
Moo West
C Sth
C Park
LePage

Good Luck to all and if rain cancels games tips can be re submitted but those not in by Peter Peter will still incur 2 point penalty.

Merl over and out

Longy

Omega
Le Page Park
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Brighton Union
Carnegie South

Wooly

Omega
Asp - Edithvale RSL
Brighton Union
Moorabbin West
Cluden
Chelsea Heights

Tips highlighted

Longy
Rd 5
Hampton Central 1 v Omega 1
Le Page Park 1 v West Bentleigh 1
Elwood 1 v Bentleigh ANA 1
Mackie 1 v Bentleigh Uniting 1
Brighton Union 1 v East Sandringham Boys Club 1
Carnegie South 1 v Kingston Heath 1

Wooly
Omega 2 v Washington Park 1
Bentleigh ANA 2 v Asp - Edithvale RSL 1
East Sandy v Brighton Union 2
Bentleigh Uniting v Moorabbin West 1
Cluden 1 v Hampton United 1
Chelsea Heights 1 v Highett West 1

Longy
Rd 5
Hampton Central 1
West Bentleigh 1
Elwood 1
Bentleigh Uniting 1
Brighton Union 1
Carnegie South 1
Wooly
Washington Park 1
Asp - Edithvale RSL 1
East Sandy
Bentleigh Uniting
Cluden 1
Chelsea Heights 1

- not without a short one at his head first up.

Flahivey, Is someone in your I grade quick?

Im backing the old fella to lay back & slap you over point to the fence!

gday all, ive noticed alot of critizism about the omega cricket club in recent times, and alot of it is justified.

Having played at the club since I was 11 and to this day continue to put the pads on for the great club I can’t help but think this club would be so much better if the hierarchy was reassembled.

I’ve always had faith in ferg as a coach and a genuine good bloke but having herd his last few team talks, I’m not impressed with the direction this club is going, to so negatively bludgeon a team verbally, isn’t acceptable, I personally feel a clubman with less skill than ferg would do better captaining.

Also having been at the club on and off for 19 years there are players who have slipped through the cracks; players who possess great skill but never fully reached their potential;

Stefan Krull - Personally, I believe one of the most powerful players in the CMCA, playing 3rds? Never given the full opportunity to show his talent, can bat, bowl, wicket keep and field - what more do you need? (RE: opening Darren Haw in the 1s)

Glenn Beckett - One of omegas great talents, but with the team chemistry the way it is expect his numbers to drop.

Dion Lucas - Ostracised from omega because of his personality; had all the traits of a great player.

Reece Pickles - Does he still even play for omega? Haven’t seen him at the club since last year - one of the most underrated, underachieving players to date; when in form looked the real deal - with some genuine training and motivation can be a huge asset to the club with bat and ball.

Alex Byckov - Put into the ones way too early - needed time in the lower grades to find his technique, find his position in the batting line-up and develop as a player.
I could go on and on about the forgotten generation at omega but will leave it to you to decide.

This is not making a direct attack at the club, but constructive criticism, my days of playing top grade cricket are long over but we have the talent - we just need to activate it and omega will be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Chop Chop. Don’t quite know if you are serious or not but I will pay due respect to your post offering my take on the Omega situation. I will concede that this is an outsider’s viewpoint but is made by someone who knows a lot of people at the club.

A couple of years ago they looked like enjoying an unprecedented era of success. Teams in Longy and Wooly and massive numbers of juniors but things have not panned out they way they thought. Won’t get much sympathy from some of their neighbours as they ruthlessly put the cleaners through some other clubs juniors and it took a few years for some of them to recover. I realise that this was probably only the doing of a handful of people from the junior section but some of us have long memories.

I agree that some of the heralded youngsters have not kicked on. All of these are young enough to still make an impact but here are a couple of examples. There were huge wraps on Steve Mitchell. For mine he was an average leggie and a solid but slow scoring opener but some at Omega talked him up as the next big thing. A good kid and hope he kicks on but many others have gone past him. Michael Fletcher was a quality all rounder when straight out of juniors and was playing Longy at a young age. A lack of opportunity seems to have stifled his development. The lad can bat and bowl so give him a go. Beckett was expected the tear attacks apart when he came back from a stint at Premier cricket but has lacked consistency. And as for Byckov. Still a young kid (16 or 17 maybe ) but some at Omega were very unimpressed when he walked mid season to play subbies, then came back, then went to Premier (fair enough) and is now back again. Because of his age he deserves a chance and I reckon he will be good young cricketer, if he sticks around.

No doubt some from within will question my post, possibly with good reason, but as I said this is an outsiders opinion only.

Back