City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

G'day boys

Firstly congrats to Uncle Mick and all the Highett West boys for a fantastic day yesterday.

My tips for round 9.

Longmuir:
Bentleigh ANA
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Brighton Union
West Bentleigh

Woolnough:
Omega
Washington Park
E.S.B.C.
Brighton Union
Moorabbin West
Chelsea Heights

Good Luck to all teams!

Longy
Rd 9
Bentleigh ANA
East Sandy
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Brighton Union
West Bentleigh

Wooly
Rd 9
Omega
Washington Park

East Sandy
Brighton Union
Moorabbin West
Chelsea Heights

Quiney
Rd
Hampton Central
Southside East Caulfield
Elwood
Washington Park
West Bentleigh
Carnegie South

My apologies UM for not being able to make Sunday, i hope it was a great day(and importantly raised good coin for those in need).

My tips for Rd 9 in bold

Hampton Central 2 v Cheltenham Park 1
Le Page Park 2 v Southside East Caulfield 1
Elwood 2 v Mackie 2
Washington Park 2 v Melbourne Wanderers 1
Kingston Heath 2 v West Bentleigh 2
Carnegie South 2 v Bentleigh Uniting 3

CMCA Queensland Flood Appeal

Ladies & Gentlemen,

It is our pleasure that we at Highett West Cricket Club can announce a contribution of $8,000 from the CMCA T20 Big Bash to the Queensland Flood Appeal. It is worth noting that Highett Football Club had pledged $2,000, however we have since agreed that they would make their own contribution to the Appeal. We thank them for their offer and wish them well in their fundraising for this great cause.
Highett West Cricket Club has taken great pride in being able to achieve something quite special as part of the CMCA community and would like to use this opportunity to thank everyone involved for making this day the success it was. It has been an honour and a privilege to be part of something special that has seen our Association come together and help those people in Queensland who have been impacted by the disastrous floods that have taken away lives and destroyed so many homes. We can’t thank everyone enough for what we’ve been able to produce and we sincerely hope that you all recognise just how important your contribution has been. Without singling anyone people out we’d like to thank the following for their kind donations;
Mega Fun Jumping Castle Hire
Lion-Nathan
Memorabilia Magic
Cricket Victoria
Golf Australia
Club Links
Milan Direct
Sportsmart
Playcorp
Hampton Street Osteopathy
And last but by no means least, every CMCA club, supporter, family member & friend who came down to Highett West on Sunday afternoon to rally behind this event and contribute to the amazing atmosphere. It was fantastic to see so many clubs represented both on and off the field and it’s a credit to everyone involved in the CMCA that we were able to achieve this result within 4 days.

Thank you all once again and good luck to all clubs for the rest of the 2010/11 season.

Warm Regards,
Michael Flahive
Highett West Cricket Club

Longy.
ANA
East Sandy
Uniting
El Marshalls
Union
KHCC.

Wooly.
Omega
W. Park
E. Sandy
Union
M. West
C. Heights.

Quiney.
H. Central
Le Page
Elwood
Wanderers
KHCC
Uniting.

Sunday was a great success for Uncle Mick, Highett West & the CMCA. Raising over $8,000 shows what a great competition the CMCA is, and the quaity of people involved. As for this week's YouTube, unfortunately we recorded the episode in front of an uncharged video camera (losers) so will give it another go next week.

LONGY

ANA
East Sandy
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Brighton Union
West Bentleigh

WOOLY

Bentleigh ANA
Washington Park
East Sandy
Brighton Union
Moorabbin West
Chelsea Heights

Evening All,

A quiet week on the BCF after the big weekend last weekend, where Uncle Mick and friends did a stirling job for the flood victims.
So much so UM hasn't got around to his tips, but Merl may break his stringent rules just this time, given his magnificent efforts last weekend.( I can hear the screams already!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Merl's all important ladder leading tips after some vigirous study of the form particularly betwwen the Royals and Slim's mob where the Royals hold a 2 to 1 win loss advantage over the last three seasons with both Slim and the Judge prominent among the runs and the Great Andy Lee getting a bagfull.

Longy

The heart says Slim's mob but the punter in me says stick with the Royals to salute.
Clocker Nought thimbles to win and remain out of the four I hope
Billionaires in a closer one, than people think against the Big Macs
Beach Boys at the magnificent Oasis
Pretenders must be the Contenders but don't discount Brude's mob
Cowboys to make it two in row as the Golfers implod in the Patterson Rd bunker

Bluff Rd Cup

Vinnie,The Sword or I think Charlie Yianni's mob over the Court Jesters
Wallet Park
Thimbles to bring Uncle Mick's mob back to earth but don't be surprised if the hyphen beats them on his own once again!!!
Surely the Pretender twos will beat Jimmy's old mob
Botty's mob who are looking for a coach, easily over the party boys, ground conditions permitting!!!!!!!!!
Merl's Heighters to get back on the winning list , over his former own from William St!!

Bobby Dazzler

Billionaire threes
Panthers
Golfers
Cowboys
Army's mob
Big Macs mob

Hard to imagine but we are actually starting a two day game which may get fully played over two days a first in season 2010 11 I think.

Good Luck to all and if you see Merl on the boundary say GDay

Positive Merl over and out

Merl - appreciate the notion, but rules are rules.
Tips are as follows

Longy
ANA
ESBC
Uniting
Elwood
Union
West Bent

Wooly
HWCC
Omega
Wash Ups
Union
M West
Chelsea

Quiney
Uniting
Wash Ups
Le Page
Kingston
Elwood
Chelt

Massive effort from Mark Bell today. 8/33 from 27.4 overs (I think). Huge performance and good on him after being the first bloke to put his hand up for last Sunday. Says a bit about the person he is.
On a personal note, sensational team effort at HWCC on Sunday, backed up by an equally impressive on field performance today. Hopefully, the bowlers can back it up next weekend.

Hears my round 9 tips sorry about the lateness, happy to cop any tiping fines.
Longy

Bentleigh ANA
East Sandy
Hampton Central
Elwood
Brighton Union
West Bentleigh

Wooly

Omega
Washington Park
Highett West
Brighton Union
Moorabbin West
Chelsea Heights

Evening All,

Uncle Mick you know the rules which are I make them up as I go so your tips will stand without penalty!!

Been a long time since I have been able to do a half bottle so here it goes.

Peter Parker where are you have you got lost with Captain Grumpy who is obviously lost at his book store sale and hasn't given his two bobs worth on positive Merl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parker's spiders got caught in the time piece thimble's web and failed to reach 3 figures yet again.The thimbles in reply still have a bit of work to do but knowing them they will snatch their usual end of season outright to catipult them into four and have the time piece yet again salivating about them!!!

The Billionaires roled Merl's dark horse the burgermeisters and should have little trouble getting the run's with Merl's early call on the brownlow Ash Russell again stranguly the life out of the contest.

The Royals have put up a very defendable score in the big grudge match at the George where no doubt there would have been a bit of yapping going on.Don't discount Slim from lifting his mob over the line but the Royals should get the chocolates.

Merl's renewed Cowboys had a rare sub par score of 60 imposed on the golfers for all the wrong reasons and could very well end up with an outright to catapult them into the middle of the table and no man's land.

The spluttering Machine scored a not enough 198 at the magnificent finals bound oasis against Merl's very own beach boys who will have no trouble getting the runs.

For years we have heard of Lake Centenary now the might oasis two also finals bound, but my oh my now the former home of cricket, Bayside's jewell in the crown, has become Lake Hurly.Postive Merl is struggling to stay positive in this complete farce that could have and should have been sorted out one way or the other!Simply not good enough at this level of cricket.

in the Bluff Rd Cup

Karma still follows Uncle Mick's mob who have hit up a very imposing 272 against the timepiece thimble twos who will need to negotiate Uncle Mick's left arm sliders in chasing this big score.Get a Michelle, Uncle and snuff out their faint finals hopes, all of Queensland are rooting for you!!!!

The bricker boys have left the door slighlty ajar for the court jesters to get a maiden win but on the notoriously slow Bricker deck, they will stay on the bottom!!

Merl's own Heighters have also given the former Merl's own William st boys a sniff, but time for old man Lockhart to get back to his miserely best and clean them up.

The party boys from the RSL caught the oasisless Botty's mob on the hop and a bit rusty after no hit out last week but Wally and the miracley recovered S Worker should get them over the line!!!

The Lake Hurly twos haven't set the world on fire with 182 at the Elsternwick Park desert and having no idea of the shape,size or speed of the ground I have no idea who will win.As it has been a while since I have been down that way I might just have to pack the dog into the Bemmer and take a stroll through the vast expanse and have a peek at the match!!!

Wallett Park have hit up a very defendable score against the Billionaire twos who will need those former forgotten hereos the Manakis Brothers Chris and Peter to make plenty to get them over the line which is a possibility, but this one could go right down to the wire too close to call!!!

Army you can do the Bobby Dazzler as I am knackered after my first half bottle in many moons

Positive Merl over and out

BATS CRASH IN TWO DAYERS

After seven one day games in the first eight rounds of the season the batsmen finally got a chance to spend time at the crease on the first day of play in Round 9Longmuir Shield and boy did most of them make a mess of it.
Kingston Heath had a disastrous day against West Bentleigh crashing to be all out for 58 in the face of an awesome spell of bowling from West skipper Marc Reid who ran through The Golfers line up in double quick time taking 5/16 off 15 overs. The Kingston Heath top order collapsed and then the middle order and tail followed suit fizzling out altogether as they occupied 40 overs whilst achieving the paltry total.
West Bentleigh quickly accounted for first innings points as they reached 6/138 by the close of play with Damian Casey compiling a fine unbeaten 68.
Carnegie South suffered a similar fate, crashing to 6/26 against East Sandringham and whilst they rallied slightly to reach 88 they will remain hopeful that whatever was making their batsmen work prior to Christmas hurries back as their efforts with the willow since the break have been woeful. Pat Singh (5/32) gathered his fourth five-wicket haul of the season to continue his outstanding form. At least The Redbacks fought back late in the day after East had made a rollicking start to their chase grabbing four wickets in the space of five runs to reduce East to 4/38 before they settled things down and closed at 4/55 at stumps. Rudi Schleiger grabbed 2/18 after topping The Redbacks scorers with 23.
Hampton Central were another to struggle early slumping to 5/27 against top dog Bentleigh Uniting. The Two Blues displayed plenty of intestinal fortitude however, digging and scratching their way to the end of the day and scraping up 143. Whilst still a relatively modest total, it was a gutsy effort from David “Ari” Gold (59) and Nick McMillan (23) but nevertheless should provide few troublesome issues for the powerful Uniting batting line up. The Uniting bowlers worked beautifully as a combination and never really let The Two-Blues show any initiative with Seb Zaia (4/49) grabbing his third consecutive four wicket haul and Ash “Ebenezer” Russell again proving to be as tight as a drum with the cherry conceding only 34 runs from 23 overs and chiming in with two wickets.
Bentleigh ANA got another fantastic opening stand from Jimmy White (52) and Bill “Ronnie” Biggs (41) of 89 and this time there was support from others as Brad Lovell (60) and Mohammad Rasmijinan (39*) ensured that the openers efforts were not wasted guiding The Royals up to 8/240. There were times during the day when it looked like ANA might put up a much higher tally but the Omega bowlers stuck firm to their task led by first gamer Tim Birtchnell (3/83).
Mackie had more success with the bat than most beginning the day brightly with openers Dale Park (41) and Dean Bott (29) taking the score to 64 without loss but a hideous middle order collapse left the innings in disarray at 5/87. At that stage, key Elwood bowlers Marshall Bunting (6/65 off a marathon 26 overs) and Rob DeHaan (2/61 off 21 overs) were threatening to run through The Machine but Craig Park (55*) guided the rest of his team mates through to a satisfactory tally of 198, the crucial piece of the puzzle being a 54 run 9th wicket stand with Matt Supree who impressed with a gritty 28. Elwood got though to stumps unscathed at 0/5 but it should prove an interesting assignment for The Woodsmen next week.
The Brighton Union/Le Page Park contest was reduced to a one-day contest due to a leaky sprinkler at Hurlingham Park.
There was a string of outstanding individual performances in Woolnough Shield. Washington Park’s Andrew Verrall made 112 of his teams 249, Aspendale Edithvale RSL’s Luke Harvey posted a brilliant 125 against Moorabbin West whilst team mate and namesake Luke Shelton unluckily fell just short reaching an undefeated 98. Hampton United all-rounder Mark Bell put in a Herculean effort against Brighton Union taking 8/33 off 28 overs to restrict Union to 182. Omega’s Jake Slucki made a fine 79 for Omega on a slow and lush Bricker Reserve surface and Highett West look poised to post their second consecutive victory after racking up 5/272 against East Sandringham with Winton Corr (68*) and Devin Byrne-Murray (53) doing best for The Kooka’s.

Yes it was a good day Mick. The 'Invincibles' easily accounted for the disorganized and inconsistent Royals.The Wash Ups had a great win against the Cowboys chasing down 143 in 14.2 overs and made it look easy. The final was some what controversial before it even commenced with players,umpires and officials all taking their turn on the field, waving their hands and finger pointing at each other.Looked as though for a moment that the Sharks were going to take their bat and ball and go home.Not sure what exactly transpired, but the mood of the crowd definetely shifted to the Sharks.In the end the Invincibles maintained their undefeated status and it looks as though the premiership will be somewhat of a cake walk which will guarantee their place in the history books.Alas the Juggernauts achievement of 10 flags in 11 years will be a side note for a year ot two until everyone appreciates what a great unit they have been. This will add a little spice to Week 2 of the Wash Ups-v-Invincibles match in Woolnough.

I played the first game but missed the second, which as Clock has said was filled with controversy! Our run maker in the first game - Jordan Cousins (Has been playing in our fifths with his mates), strained a calf muscle badly and could not run - so it was cleared with the umps for the final that he could bat with a runner - no problems at this stage when I left, having spoken to Botty and Mossy asking them if this could happen ... all good. Now as I understand it, and getting calls through over the incident - he was not allowed to bat by Uniting complaining that he was a 'ring in' of sorts!!!
They must be getting precious down there or something (not winning enough games??), so it was a pretty poor form of Uniting not to let him bat! They made 149 I think so it was always going to be a tough ask against a full strength Uniting attack, so not really sure what the issue was. We should have batted having won the toss I guess, and the problem would not have transpired, but hindsight is a wonderful thing they say, and who'd expect the billionaires to complain - most wouldn't.
And Clock - there is already enough spice in the mix for week 2, based on the sledging a couple of their yonger brigade were handing out to any bat that came to the crease. Sure, they have a winning culture, and a mass of talent at hand, but I think some of them should take a look at their own performances this year - nothing like getting sledged by young guys averaging less than 12 this year. It was laughable in the end, and an embarrassment for a club that we normally like playing against and get on well with. Their keeper is one arrogant kid! The way he talks you'd swear he'd be the best player in the CMCA....
Enough said - bring on Saturday, and hopefully we can have a win - without the verbal abuse this week....
biggrin.png

And Clock - there is already enough spice in the mix for week 2, based on the sledging a couple of their yonger brigade were handing out to any bat that came to the crease. Sure, they have a winning culture, and a mass of talent at hand, but I think some of them should take a look at their own performances this year - nothing like getting sledged by young guys averaging less than 12 this year. It was laughable in the end, and an embarrassment for a club that we normally like playing against and get on well with. Their keeper is one arrogant kid! The way he talks you'd swear he'd be the best player in the CMCA....
Enough said - bring on Saturday, and hopefully we can have a win - without the verbal abuse this week....

Surely most of shit talk was done by the number 11 bat/opening bowler

would have to agree we played uniting and there was alot of sh!t talk. i dont mind a good sledge and have no problem with saying whatever you want out there really, but i do have a problem when it comes from players who are yet to prove themselves, and the sledging doesnt even make sense and its just sh!t talk from a nobody

Some amazing results in Woolnough today, none more so than M West's amazing decision to send Asp Edi in on day 1, only for them to compile 5/251 and then roll M West for a paltry 34!! Luke Shelton (98* and 8 wickets) one of the most incredible individual performances seen in this competition.

Back