City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Sad that so many would take pleasure in the punishment or misfortunes of others

Unionite. Take a deep breath and think about it. Doesn't your own comment indicate to you that the vast majority of players in the CMCA who have had the displeasure to play against this Union team are in appreciation to Omega for finally standing up to the bullies.
And yes, we are taking pleasure in your well deserved punishment.
That team is now on notice and no clubs will accept your behaviour anymore.

Morning All,

There is a log jam at the top of the Big Mac / Photo Identikit Footy tipping leader board but alas no Burgermeister who the competition has been named after.Maybe he is still waiting for Merl to organise a threesome with Burger,Uncle Mick and the mysterious one at the local frothy dispenser?

2011 Big Mac Photo Identikit Footy Tipping competition

Rd 1 Rd 2 Rd 3 Rd 4 Total
1 Merl 4
2 Ordinary Bloke 4
3 Uncle Mick 4
4 Peter Parker 3

Anyone else is welcome to be a late starter and you will start on the same points as the great new Dad Peter Parker who amazingly is only one behind the leaders a great feat in itself.

Merl's late Mum always advised him not to comment on what he didn't know about but the whole Pretenders v Ommies affair is a bit strange maybe our man on the spot Vinnie could emlighten us and tell us whether his membership of the SFL tribunal panel did him any good in the jury room.Also Vinnie I need to arrange the courier to collect the Merlot Horlicks Trophy!

Merls tips

St Kilda V Rich
NTH V COLL
PT ADEL V WCE
GOLDIE V CARL
FREO V GEEL
West Bull V BRIS
SYD V ESS
HAW V MELB

V BYE

Good luck to all

Merl over and out

Unionite. Take a deep breath and think about it. Doesn't your own comment indicate to you that the vast majority of players in the CMCA who have had the displeasure to play against this Union team are in appreciation to Omega for finally standing up to the bullies.
And yes, we are taking pleasure in your well deserved punishment.
That team is now on notice and no clubs will accept your behaviour anymore.

ok...... I'll bite.

1. Being the best team all year and Premiers, Union shouldn't be surprised at being the hunted. It comes with the territory and the boys wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Really disappointed with the mentality that sees guys joyfully hoping a bloke cops a suspension as a type of perverted revenge for their own inabilities to get the job done on the cricket ground. It's misguided, hate filled and very ugly.

3. The Union 3rd XI collectively are in fact in appreciation of the other teams that bring a tough mental attitude to any game. The team thrives on it. it lifts them as a group and brings the best out of them. Ask the East Sandy boys what happened when a stacked team full of tough and talented ex Longy and Woolnough veterans came to hurly in round 9. Respect to those guys, they came down off 5 wins in a row and played the tough East Sandy cricket they are hated, respected and admired for. They talked the talk and walked the walk amassing 297. even on a postage stamp its an imposing total and no one likes chasing 300. Union passed them 3 down with plenty of overs left. This team is at their best when challenged.

4. If Omega really stood up to us they would have beaten Union when and where it matter. ON THE SCOREBOARD ON THE 20th and 21st OF MARCH. but if you really think standing up to a team means getting pumped in a granny at home, then well done. they sure showed Union a thing or two.

Union are a disgrace. Anyone that needs to manhandle a player on the cricket field needs to have a good hard look at themselves. Its a non-contact sport you idiots. If you want a contact sport, Maybe union should put a wrestling ring in the middle of big hurley! You could sell tickets, god knows a few of your players have got some on themselves!

As for the CMCA, piss pour effort from the tribunal.

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.....

No more crap or speculation.....what happened at the tribunal on Wednesday night was a the right result with all participants from both sides given a fair hearing.

The evidence/testimony speak for themselves. (this included photos).

So, ignorant comments like yours is water off a ducks back

Unionite or should i say Kam,I'm really over the cheap shots you've been taking.
Yeah you've won the Premiership and Congratulations, but being a gracious winner is how a person gets respect.
I could go on about your behavior in the semi final or even name who the real instigators in the whole melee were, but I'll just shut up and accept what's been given to me.

Merl, I'm happy to drop of the Merlot/Horlicks trophy to wherever you want.

Tips for Round 2 are:

St Kilda V Rich
NTH V COLL
PT ADEL V WCE
GOLDIE V CARL
FREO V GEEL
West Bull V BRIS
SYD V ESS
HAW V MELB

Unionite or should i say Kam,I'm really over the cheap shots you've been taking.
Yeah you've won the Premiership and Congratulations, but being a gracious winner is how a person gets respect.
I could go on about your behavior in the semi final or even name who the real instigators in the whole melee were, but I'll just shut up and accept what's been given to me.

G'Day Vinnie. Don't make the mistake of misconstruing my comments as a lack of graciousness and humility. We all love winning and get a bit of white line fever but after the game we have a beer or six, laugh about the banter and accommodate each other with respect as we always do in the CMCA.

While the event on the Sunday of the grand final is regrettable and something no one should be proud of i truly believe the penalties handed out are fair and just. While it's a tad puzzling why you got an extra week, who is anyone here to be judge jury and executioner and it's fair to say there is something in that for all of us.

Whoever the member straight bat is, i don't know but while he posts under an anonymous alias i will reply to him as a neutral. Meaning, i would not boast to any Omega player about the granny. We all know how hard they are to get to and even harder to win. If straight bat decides to 'come out' he will get the same respect as anyone would if talking face to face.

But when the club I love and play for and my team mates, who i spill blood sweat and tears with, are getting potted as Brighton Union has been by anonymous keyboard warriors i make no apologies for defending our honour and as skipper of Omega 3rd XI I know you would do the same thing. That's why i love playing against you and obviously why we play memorable cricket games in successful sides.

Am I right in understanding that:

1. Should a bloke or junior (batsman on my team) cramp up or pull a hamstring whilst batting and I come onto the field to see if his okay, would this mean that I would be charged with "misconduct" and be given a 2 match ban (with 1 suspended)?

or

2. Should a bloke or junior (batsman on my team) get hit with the ball, whether on the head, chest or any other part of the body and I come onto the field to see if his okay, would this mean that I would be charged with "misconduct" and be given a 2 match ban (with 1 suspended)?

or

3. If IMO and in 95% of people at the ground opinion that one of our batsman was in danger of possible injury/serious injury and I come onto the field to see if his okay, would this mean that I would be charged with "misconduct" and be given a 2 match ban (with 1 suspended)?

From the verdict given to the 2 Omega players, then the answer is yes!

If you have umpires and they direct you to come onto the field no you wont be reported but if you are directed to leave the field of play by the umpire and you do not then you could be reported.

That is clear I believe

ok...... I'll bite.

1. Being the best team all year and Premiers, Union shouldn't be surprised at being the hunted. It comes with the territory and the boys wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Really disappointed with the mentality that sees guys joyfully hoping a bloke cops a suspension as a type of perverted revenge for their own inabilities to get the job done on the cricket ground. It's misguided, hate filled and very ugly.

3. The Union 3rd XI collectively are in fact in appreciation of the other teams that bring a tough mental attitude to any game. The team thrives on it. it lifts them as a group and brings the best out of them. Ask the East Sandy boys what happened when a stacked team full of tough and talented ex Longy and Woolnough veterans came to hurly in round 9. Respect to those guys, they came down off 5 wins in a row and played the tough East Sandy cricket they are hated, respected and admired for. They talked the talk and walked the walk amassing 297. even on a postage stamp its an imposing total and no one likes chasing 300. Union passed them 3 down with plenty of overs left. This team is at their best when challenged.

4. If Omega really stood up to us they would have beaten Union when and where it matter. ON THE SCOREBOARD ON THE 20th and 21st OF MARCH. but if you really think standing up to a team means getting pumped in a granny at home, then well done. they sure showed Union a thing or two.

Please don’t compare yourself to the ESBC. That’s an insult to all. I love the way you always refer to the Union 3rd X1. Does the rest of the BUCC agree with your cowardly tactics? I know the majority don’t and I know the club you refer to as the Union 3rd X1 will be gone next year. Good riddance!!!! Celebrate your 1 and only flag

Merl, I'm happy to drop of the Merlot/Horlicks trophy to wherever you want.

Tips for Round 2 are:

St Kilda V Rich
NTH V COLL
PT ADEL V WCE
GOLDIE V CARL
FREO V GEEL
West Bull V BRIS
SYD V ESS
HAW V MELB

Their behaviour in the GF was enough for me. Didn’t catch the semi or prelim but heard it was much of the same.
If it was Bentleigh uniting or Mackie on the receiving end I bet the hearing decisions would have looked a lot different
You blokes got shafted

SOUTH CAULFIELD CRICKET CLUB
SEEKS PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS FOR 2011/12 SEASON

We are associated with the VTCA Senior Division 4 Senior Sides and 4 Junior Sides (CMCA).
Our 1ST XI has played off in the semi finals 4 of the last 5 years without managing to make a Grand Final.

Thus we are seeking the players with the below qualities to ensure we take the next step.
-Opening Batsman
-Middle Order Batsman (Free Scoring Preferable)
-Opening Bowler

Generous remuneration and terms of contract will be commensurate on credentials.
The club would prefer a multi year deal.
All enquires please contact:
Matt Stahmer 0412 515 407
Email; matt@stahmers.com.au

Unionite & Nez, you are a kidding yourselves. I've seen the photos and there is absolutely no way the tribunal results were "fair and just". The decision wreaks of Union having the CMCA in their pocket. 1 player clearly instigated physical contact. No amount of provocation can justify the actions of the individual in question. The decisions prove how incosistent and pathetic our tribunal system is. The Execs need to take a good hard look at this cos it has severely tarnished the good work they've been doing in recent years - even if Merl doesn't agree with me! The BS you continue on here with is exactly why the good people at Union must be embarrassed to be painted with the same brush.

Merl - Uncle Mick was doing his bit for charity completing the 100kms Oxfam Trailwalker from 8:30am yesterday. Focus on Thursday was the preparations and I subsequently forgot to put my tips in on the BCF. I'll provide details of my tips via the footytipping website if you'd accept those. Tips are;
Saints
Eagles
Pies
Blues
Dons
Dogs
Freo
Hawks

Unionite & Nez, you are a kidding yourselves. I've seen the photos and there is absolutely no way the tribunal results were "fair and just". The decision wreaks of Union having the CMCA in their pocket. 1 player clearly instigated physical contact. No amount of provocation can justify the actions of the individual in question. The decisions prove how incosistent and pathetic our tribunal system is. The Execs need to take a good hard look at this cos it has severely tarnished the good work they've been doing in recent years - even if Merl doesn't agree with me! The BS you continue on here with is exactly why the good people at Union must be embarrassed to be painted with the same brush.

Merl - Uncle Mick was doing his bit for charity completing the 100kms Oxfam Trailwalker from 8:30am yesterday. Focus on Thursday was the preparations and I subsequently forgot to put my tips in on the BCF. I'll provide details of my tips via the footytipping website if you'd accept those. Tips are;
Saints
Eagles
Pies
Blues
Dons
Dogs
Freo
Hawks

I agree, the CMCA exec needs a broom swept through it. The people at the top think the clubs represent them and not the other way round. The control freaks at the top need to stop stroking their own egos and move on and let people who have a genuine interest in the success of our comp take over. It’s time the clubs stood up and appointed a couple of leaders instead of the fools who are in charge now. Are we going to keep on accepting stupidity?

The BS you continue on here with is exactly why the good people at Union must be embarrassed to be painted with the same brush.

not sure what u mean. i have said from the start the actions were inexcusable and the guys involved, as i understand it, went to the tribunal and admitted what they did and copped their whack. no trial by media and no wild penalties because of unrelated incidents 4 klms away a day earlier.

I'm comfortable in the fact as a club, we are all on the same page

I agree, the CMCA exec needs a broom swept through it. The people at the top think the clubs represent them and not the other way round. The control freaks at the top need to stop stroking their own egos and move on and let people who have a genuine interest in the success of our comp take over. It’s time the clubs stood up and appointed a couple of leaders instead of the fools who are in charge now. Are we going to keep on accepting stupidity?

That's not what I said. I think the Execs have been proactive on the whole. They may not get it right all the time, but from my point of view they seem to listen to the general consensus and make their decisions. The tribunal is one area that needs a complete overhaul because I cannot fathom how quite clearly an individual initiates physical contact on the field via a headlock, pleads guilty and receives 2 weeks, with 1 week suspended. That's just absurd.

In regards the tribunal, very diasappointing but they can only act on information presented to them. The Union Boys stuck to their "we are really good guys misunderstood story" and the Umpires as usual backed down and stated that they had everything under control at all times! From my observations, the Umpires let Omega down on the day and at the tribunal, so the Bullies get off lightly again.
Union, you are without doubt the best team in "D" Grade and the rightful Premiers, no one disputes this.
Its is your behaviour of players and spectators that has the other CMCA club off side, it's not just me, read the posts, all are fed up with your bully boys tactics and threats.
Take it on board and surprise us next year with a new attitude.

In regards the tribunal, very diasappointing but they can only act on information presented to them. The Union Boys stuck to their "we are really good guys misunderstood story" and the Umpires as usual backed down and stated that they had everything under control at all times! From my observations, the Umpires let Omega down on the day and at the tribunal, so the Bullies get off lightly again.
Union, you are without doubt the best team in "D" Grade and the rightful Premiers, no one disputes this.
Its is your behaviour of players and spectators that has the other CMCA club off side, it's not just me, read the posts, all are fed up with your bully boys tactics and threats.
Take it on board and surprise us next year with a new attitude.

Interesting thought about the tribunal

The results were a suprise

Back