City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Merl's tips and Uncle no problems on the pathetic 4 last week.I hope to update the Vinnie leading ladder this week.

weagles
Buddy big heads
Swans
Bombers
Pies
Saints
Uncles Blues

Good luck to my two fine fellow tipsters.

Merl

Merl, what's the story with your Highway Pretenders? I hear they don't have a home in season 11/12. Could this be the first time Longmuir Shield is played on Little Hurly???

Tips for the weekend;
Handbaggers
Hawks
Dons
Swans
Power
Felons
Blues

Howdy UM, Vinnie & others..

Whats news on a cricket front??

Not many changes at the Centrals from what i know, hear theres been a bit of club hopping (& hopping back?) over the winter??

hows the Clubby's going UM, getting a kick?

did i hear Dudd's has done his knee, is it a full reco' job.. has he ever missed a game (cricket or footy) through injury.. he was out after stynes' record..haha??

tip- get on Kennedy for the coleman.. 9-1 today= juicy odds i reckon ;)

Burgs,

You heard correct. The big fella had a knee reco 3 weeks ago. And that probably wouldn't be far off the mark with regards to him missing a game through injury. He did, however, miss a couple last year for his honeymoon and another one this year for a trip to Europe.

Clubbies are going ok. We've had 2 wins this season which is a record for them. Only 2 games left if you're sniffing around for a game.

Moves in the off-season (not all have been confirmed).
Steve Worker (Moor West) retired
Moose Delac (Union) has returned to Omega
Clint Ferguson (Omega) is coaching ESBC
Ano Alphabet (Elwood/Union) is being courted by ANA
Union may have picked up some bloke from North Melbourne or Northcote in Premier
Manders (ESBC) has gone to AERSL
Shelton (AERSL) has gone to Chelsea Heights
Wash Ups have secured Marcus Dollman
Mark Devereaux is the new skipper at ESBC
and Hurlingham Park is apparently due to be resurfaced this year.

Burgs,

You heard correct. The big fella had a knee reco 3 weeks ago. And that probably wouldn't be far off the mark with regards to him missing a game through injury. He did, however, miss a couple last year for his honeymoon and another one this year for a trip to Europe.

Clubbies are going ok. We've had 2 wins this season which is a record for them. Only 2 games left if you're sniffing around for a game.

Union may have picked up some bloke from North Melbourne or Northcote in Premier

Not sniffing around for a game, thats for sure!! PS- we won quite a few games the year i played in 2003.. Not sure how many but nearlly made finals i think, must of been the speedy forward line of Brudar, Boomer, Egger, Maxi & myself ???

wow there has been a few moves...

Burgs,

Hi all, haven't been on for a while...

For the record, I will clarify that not one person from Bentleigh ANA has made any attempt to get in contact with Ano. He's never been part of our plans, and it's not worth the effort.

Merlot, more importantly will Tom Scully change clubs? I'm pretty confident he'll stay, but with the 2 x first round draft picks on offer, I'm undecided on which scenario I would prefer.

Sugar - I'm not going to name names, but I can assure you the word on Ano came directly from an ANA player, as I was in the conversation.

I am not too sure many clubs would be excited about the propsect of an Under 18 competition. By the time players reach 17 or 18 they have made up their mind whether they want to play cricket.They are already actively participating in a club whether it be Longmiur or the humble H grade. Added to that, a lot of 18 y.o’s are probably finishing year 12 and therefore would not be available until late in the year, when you take the ubiquitous schoolies events that permeate the school calendar.I assume that the proposed competition will probably be played on a Friday night as they have almost zero chance of getting anyone to show up on a Sunday morning. Does this mean that the same bowling restrictions apply to all bowlers who play on a Friday night and then back up on Saturday? Would any Longmuir or Woolnough club captain or coach be excited at the prospect of allowing one of their young bowlers playing Friday night and then having to front up the next day possibly with restrictions as to how many overs he can bowl? From a batting perspective again having one of your guns going out and flaying an ordinary attack may not be the best preparation for a game against a decent attack. There is also the obvious risk of injury and burn out.

What happens to the 20/20 competition? Personally I thought it was a great success and most clubs took it fairly seriously and some used it as an opportunity to blood some youngsters. It just seems to me that with the advent of 20/20 cricket the proposed Under 18 grade will simply add a significant amount of congestion to the fixtures and the poor hardworking club officials who have to put in the extra time to organise and manage these events.

The CMCA executive has an opportunity to become proactive and consider making the H grade tier of the competition into a purely 20/20 competiton.With a little publicity I have no doubt this will attract a lot of cricketers back into the game who because footy, work or family comitments, have decided to give away the game. The benefit of knowing that they do not have to play 55 or 65 over matches would be a great incentive. Any views?

Back