City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Dear All,

Please find R#1 for the CMCA Kookaburra Twenty/20 Cup.

Note - we are still looking for our 16th Club, and have approached a number of VTCA Clubs, as well as asking current Clubs if they would consider entering a 2nd team.

Cheers....Greeny

CITY OF MOORABBIN CRICKET ASSOCIATION
20/20 FIXTURE 2011
ROUND 1 Tuesday Nov 8th VENUE

North Group
Carnegie South V Mackie Lords Res No 2
Washington Park V McKinnon Packer Reserve

West Group
Elwood V BYE N/A
Hampton Combined V Brighton Union Simpson Reserve

East Group
Omega Bentleigh ANA Bricker Reserve
Bentleigh Uniting V West Bentleigh Centenary Park

South Group
Kingston Heath V Chelsea Heights Southern Reserve
ESBC V Le Page Park Chisholm Reserve

Round #2

ROUND 2 Tuesday Nov 15th VENUE

North Group
Washington Park V Carnegie South Packer Reserve
Mackie V McKinnon Mackie Rd. Reserve

West Group
Hampton Combined V Elwood Simpson Reserve
BYE V Brighton Union N/A

East Group
Bentleigh ANA Bentleigh Uniting King George No 1.
West Bentleigh V Omega Victory Park

South Group
Chelsea Heights V ESBC Beazley Reserve
Le Page Park V Kingston Heath Le Page Park No1

Round #3...

ROUND 3 Tuesday Nov 22nd VENUE

North Group
Carnegie South V McKinnon Lords Res No 2
Mackie V Washington Park Mackie Rd. Reserve

West Group
Elwood V Brighton Union Elwood No 1
BYE V Hampton Combined N/A

East Group
Omega V Bentleigh Uniting Bricker Reserve
Bentleigh ANA V West Bentleigh King George No 1.

South Group
Kingston Heath V ESBC Southern Reserve
Chelsea Heights V Le Page Park Beazley Reserve

A quick reminder of the finals details...

SEMI FINAL Tuesday Nov 29th VENUE

North Group V South Group TBA

East Group V West Group TBA

GRAND FINAL Tuesday December 6th VENUE TBA

Big Dunc & Jimmy.Need your tips please.

Wow clock, tipping police at the ready.. & i thought our old mate was a natzee tip mgr!!

some fair stats on the new recruit, good luck good to see new players in the comp..

& thanks for your support on my card playing abbilities.. Jimmy when are we going to share some felt, i hear you rate yourself a tad' at the game??

Centrals poker night will be early Dec i think so maybe you can join us??

Wow clock, tipping police at the ready.. & i thought our old mate was a natzee tip mgr!!

some fair stats on the new recruit, good luck good to see new players in the comp..

& thanks for your support on my card playing abbilities.. Jimmy when are we going to share some felt, i hear you rate yourself a tad' at the game??

Far from being a Nazi just a friendly reminder as I know everyone can get sidetracked.

Jimmy, OB,Big Dunc and Bottsy, still missing your tips.
Clocker, refer post # 221, they just came out funny, for the record:-
LONGY
Carnegie South
Bentleigh Uniting (close)
Le Page Park
Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA
East Sandringham Boys Club (Ferguson/Bennett/Singh all back)
WOOLY
Cluden
West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens

Don't rate myself Burgs, just happy to make up the numbers and add a donation. If you recall, 6th last eliminated last year. You should remember this as you called me an hour later (2.30am) to ask me if I wanted some pizza.

Who is the new recruit?

Can anyone add to the intrigue of the CMCA better than the boys from east sandy?
Some clever negotiations with a truck full of sand after the toss is mind boggling.
Haven't they heard of saw dust? I think it states in the rules that all clubs have to have a plentiful supply of saw dust?
The opposition ready and padded up for the game to start, then the truck arrives with enough sand to fill the sandy foreshore.
Not sure what the umpires were doing? maybe just sitting back without showing any gumption to make a decision, and then allowing the game to be called off after the toss.
Question- did east sandy prefer to play the machine in a one dayer?
Question - were east sandy down on players available and be better served next week?
Question- were the machine happy about the decision, not sure?
Question- could the affected area have been coned off on both days so its fair for both teams?
As my friend pauline says, '' please explain ''

The Juggernaut has been doing this for years and getting away with it, why would it change now? Three clubs in the lower grades which have not played a game and it is now round 3.We have the best grounds in metro cricket and yet we still call off games.
Is it any wonder they are short of umpires. Why waste your day to show up only to have the game called off and not get paid? Umpires should be paid irrespective of whether there is play or not. Clubs can afford to pay for imports they can afford to meet a couple of payments when it gets a little cold and they lose interest in playing.

Is it any wonder they are short of umpires. Why waste your day to show up only to have the game called off and not get paid? Umpires should be paid irrespective of whether there is play or not.
Clock,
Last year we were handing out $20 for umps that A. Turned up to washed out matches, and B. asked for it (as some did not even want it) Is this still the case with CMCA rules? I didn't think it was a bad rule at all.

And Winki - you may be on the money with your question #2.... ; )
although having spoken to a few of the firsts on Saturday as they were down watching the 2s play us - they were keen to play, Mackie weren't - but didn't mind buying up a couple of slabs of beer over our bar - so kudos to the boys there :D

The Juggernaut has been doing this for years and getting away with it, why would it change now? Three clubs in the lower grades which have not played a game and it is now round 3.We have the best grounds in metro cricket and yet we still call off games.
Is it any wonder they are short of umpires. Why waste your day to show up only to have the game called off and not get paid? Umpires should be paid irrespective of whether there is play or not. Clubs can afford to pay for imports they can afford to meet a couple of payments when it gets a little cold and they lose interest in playing.

Not sure where you have got your info from clocker, but you couldnt be more off the mark.

you can ask anyone who was present ESBC did everything in their power to start the game. ESBC swept both puddles for the best part of an hour, had sand delivered by a truck to fill in the puddle - which was paid for by the club, hacksawed the padlock so the truck could get in, spread the sand for 20 minutes.

Mackie were dead against playing led by their captain who again polluted out lovely environment with his negative attitude. when he was done complaining about the puddle when it was covered by sand, he started complaining about the sand - at one point going over taking a handful of sand and throwing it into the air, to say that there was too much sand on the ground to play. couldnt believe my eyes, he was really making a fool of himself.

bear in mind that this was on the boundary and about 5 by 5 metres, the ball may have gone there once or twice for the day.

im not sure why they didnt want to play so much, but i think that if you pay your subs, and the sun is shining, you may aswell get out there.

Spongebob,
This has been in place for a number of years, and many umpires have given up chasing the $20.00 especially in the lower grades.This payment was brought in as a compromise of sorts. Anyway I stand by my view, they should be paid the full amount.
Clubs budget for it in the course of the season and they can certainly afford it.
INTB,
I was not at the game and I take what you have said as correct. Unfortunately I have witnessed the Juggernauts in the past refuse to play when a game(s) could have proceeded notwithstanding when the Royals tried and nearly succeeded in using a two piece ball against the Juggernaut. I am not just pointing the finger at them by any means, there are far too many clubs that are quick to call off a game and play a one day match the following week. I totally agree with your last line, but obviously times have changed...for the worse.

Awfully quiet around these parts. Would have thought the prospect of a sunny 30 degree Saturday tomorrow would have whipped everyone up into a frenzy!

Spongebob,
This has been in place for a number of years, and many umpires have given up chasing the $20.00 especially in the lower grades.This payment was brought in as a compromise of sorts. Anyway I stand by my view, they should be paid the full amount.
Clubs budget for it in the course of the season and they can certainly afford it.
INTB,
I was not at the game and I take what you have said as correct. Unfortunately I have witnessed the Juggernauts in the past refuse to play when a game(s) could have proceeded notwithstanding when the Royals tried and nearly succeeded in using a two piece ball against the Juggernaut. I am not just pointing the finger at them by any means, there are far too many clubs that are quick to call off a game and play a one day match the following week. I totally agree with your last line, but obviously times have changed...for the worse.
Clocker, we were on the receiving end to a 2 piece ball in D grade last round. We batted on and focussed on taking the 6 points first and foremost.

OK, seeing that no-one else is courageous/stupid enough to put this up for discussion, I'll stick my head out.

Is Bentleigh Uniting still the flag certainties that everyone thought they were before Round 1?

Here's the argument against.

Round 1: Playing the Spiders at home after unveiling the flag, a win should have been a walk in the park. At first glance it looks like Uniting won comfortably, but they won by 25 runs having hit 21 off their last over to scramble to a competitive total. Plus a couple of fortuitous Spider dismissals (that's cricket - I know), the game could have gone down to the wire with the outcome on a razor's edge.

Round 2: Playing against Chelsea Heights. Again, surely a walk in the park for Uniting. But they find themselves at 5/26 with their Big Guns packed away in the shed. Ok, they brilliantly recovered to post a great score and made their point by rolling Chelsea. But still, 5/26 against the Newbies.

Round 3: Playing a great side in Elwood. Uniting would be targeting 220 plus and were on their way at 6/180, but were rolled in the end for 187 at the 67th over. The match is in Elwood's hands.

Great sides scramble their way to wins, but, for a side that would have prided themselves on a pre season that would be Second To None, with their Jurassic Park spare-no-expense budget, are Uniting showing some chinks in their top-of-the-line, fully featured Armour?

Apologies for the timing BW, but you did ask for some discussion!

Back