City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Dear All - the below update email just sent out to all T/20 Clubs.

Mick - Sorry Mate, the CMCA Rebels idea didn't get up in the Exec vote. Maybe we work on it for next year!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Twenty/20 Clubs,
Quick update on how things progress.
We have 15 teams now confirmed for the Twenty/20 competition, which is good, but we still seek that
16th Club.
Teams confirmed:- Carnegie South, Elwood, West Bent, Washington Park, Brighton Union, McKinnon,
Chelsea Heights, Le Page, Kingston Heath, ESBC, Mackie, Bent Utg, Bent ANA, Omega and a Hampton
Central / United combined side, as our 15th team.
I have approached 6 VTCA sides that are local to our competition, so hopefully one of them will be our
16th team. (Kingston Saints, Murrumbeena, Sth Caulfield, Beaumaris, Brighton District, Hampton).
The CMCA Exec was not keen on a CMCA Rebels type combined team concept with players from all over.
However, we did agree to the Hampton's combined offer.
The other possiblity for a 16th team might be if one club puts in a 2nd side?! So, if any clubs are
interested in doing that, please let me know and we can see how that might work out.
Ok, the draw will be out by the end of the week, but in the meantime, dont forget first round is now only
2 weeks away:-
Rd#1 - Tuesday 8th Nov / (Wednesday 9th Nov backup day).
Rd#2 - Tuesday 15th Nov / (Wednesday 16th Nov backup day).
Rd#3 - Tuesday 22nd Nov / (Wednesday 23rd Nov backup day).

Note - White 4-piece balls can be purchased from Knights Sports in Moorabbin (new address). The ones
that are cross outs are ok, they are a bit cheaper. Kookaburra will sponsor all balls used in the finals
series, but not the preliminary rounds this year (new sponsorship arrangements), so best grab a few when
you can.
I will organise for the CMCA Treasurer to arrange for invoices to be sent out shortly.
Ok, I think that's about it at this stage.
More on the draw to come...
Cheers.....Andrew
for the Twenty/20 Sub Committee.

Bit of a contradiction in Mjbunty's version of events and the Judge's side of the story.

Sugar - great effort to make 300+, but surely you want your boys to bat out their overs?

There would have to be some concerns over the number of forfeits in the bottom 2 grades. Is it normal to have so many this early in the season?

Bit of a contradiction in Mjbunty's version of events and the Judge's side of the story.

Sugar - great effort to make 300+, but surely you want your boys to bat out their overs?

There would have to be some concerns over the number of forfeits in the bottom 2 grades. Is it normal to have so many this early in the season?

From a skipper's point of view, not batting 65 overs was very disappointing. However this side has had one win in over 12 months before Saturday, so I'll go easy on them.

I agree, some clubs fielding sides in those grades are struggling with numbers and have forfeited both games so far. The powers to be may need to do a redraw on those 2 grades.

Can somebody explain why there are 14 teams in H Grade and 12 in I Grade of which there only 3 games completed on the round due to forfeits ?

From what I am hearing teams are waiting as late as possible to advise of the forfeit hoping that the weather may intervene and give themselves another week to try and get a team together. Pretty frustrating for players showing up to find out there is no game. More rain for Friday and showers on saturday so we could get more of the same.
The Judge looks like he has come back relaxed and full of fire.
1. Got stuck into Bunting and his 'antics' and questioned how many overs he bowls.
2. Has written off the Juggeranut and their poor attack.
3. Got into the Hoops for their inbred culture, lack of depth and logic in parting ways with Ivan.
4. Gave it to the umpires.
5. Accused Mackie of being a one man team.
6. Noted that the Spiders & Panthers have splashed the cash in chasing marquee players.
All of this with only two Rounds gone. May it continue for the rest of the season.

From what I am hearing teams are waiting as late as possible to advise of the forfeit hoping that the weather may intervene and give themselves another week to try and get a team together.

With the amount of forfeits going on, one imagines that leaving it as late as possible is also a tactic. Hoping that they other team may forfeit first...

Round 3
Longmuir
Kingston Heath v Carnegie South
Elwood v Bentleigh Uniting
West Bentleigh v Le Page Park
Hampton Central v Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA v Chelsea Heights
East Sandringham Boys Club v Mackie

Woolnough
Highett West v Cluden
Moorabbin West v West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting v Brighton Union
Hampton United v Omega
Washington Park v East Sandringham Boys Club
Aspendale Gardens v Bentleigh ANA

Army's Wanderers to continue their winning streak and remain on top.

Elwood v Bentleigh Uniting :D

My tips for Round 3.

Longmuir
Carnegie South
Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page
Brighton Union
Bentleigh ANA
Mackie

Woolnough
Cluden
Moorabbin West
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens

Merl, hope you have a quick and full recovery for whatever is ailing you.
Brian W, I was going to say go easy on the magic 'shrooms buddy, but Uniting have shown signs of being mere mortals in both rounds, so you may be proved right - God Only Knows.

Nice pun, PP!

Longmuir

Woolnough
Highett West v Cluden
Moorabbin West v West Bentleigh
Bentleigh Uniting v Brighton Union
Hampton United v Omega
Washington Park v East Sandringham Boys Club
Aspendale Gardens v Bentleigh ANA

From what I am hearing teams are waiting as late as possible to advise of the forfeit hoping that the weather may intervene and give themselves another week to try and get a team together. Pretty frustrating for players showing up to find out there is no game. More rain for Friday and showers on saturday so we could get more of the same.
The Judge looks like he has come back relaxed and full of fire.
1. Got stuck into Bunting and his 'antics' and questioned how many overs he bowls.
2. Has written off the Juggeranut and their poor attack.
3. Got into the Hoops for their inbred culture, lack of depth and logic in parting ways with Ivan.
4. Gave it to the umpires.
5. Accused Mackie of being a one man team.
6. Noted that the Spiders & Panthers have splashed the cash in chasing marquee players.
All of this with only two Rounds gone. May it continue for the rest of the season.

Good summary Clock, but the Judge needs to do more research as some of his work is so far off the pace its laughable. I hope he finds form quickly, because he needs to back it up on the field, if he is going to shoot from the hip so to speak.
Let me clarify.
1 . We all Know that MB loves himself to death, so whats new, he's a quality performer and has every right as captain to try and win a game for his club.
2. I have seen the gold caps attack first hand, they appear to be brittle, but are honest, and lets face it, there have been some honest attacks for years that have also been successful.
3. The hoops acted responsibly after the debacle last season, as a club coach Ivan has to take some of the blame for the issues that happened, he also allowed the Ano debacle to fester before the GF, this was extremely unsettling to some at the club.
Its alright to take the glory, but if you can't manage people issues and personalities, then you shouldn't be in the role. I do hope that he learns form that and has a successful year at the Ommies.
The judge seems to have a mental block, as his own club has made some serious mistakes with appointments over the last few years including juniors.
4. Its common news that the Judge is vocal on the field himself, he wouldn't be the first to pass Judgement on umpires.
5. The machine are in a rebuilding mode, 4 players under 18 in the one's including a 15 year old, another 3 or 4 in the two's including 2 - 14 year olds, its not rocket science reagrding how this will play out in the next couple of years, look out.
6. WOW so the judge is worried about marquee players, he forgets that his own club has one and possibly another coming this season. This is great for the comp and for the clubs concerned, the more marquee players the better, providing they are under the salary cap though:D.
I hope the Judge finds some form quickly because on his day he's a class player and ANA need the judge in form with the bat, not his opinions.:rolleyes:

Back