City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Sugar,

Let's clarify.....
  • You were about 7/50. Your boys stalled, refused to play, then after losing the hour we still got our overs in (albeit past 5:45pm) and ANA appealed the result chasing 3 points.
  • No need to discuss new eras. You've convinced me to let it go. So let's.
  • As previously stated, I understand the argument of MW deserving their points, but as far as consistency in the CMCA goes I'm baffled at how there are 2 separate rules pertaining to weather conditions.
  • Does Dave Marsh still have the copy of the local paper from that week back in 07/08?

It is very inconsistant two have two different rules for weather conditions. This is where common sesnse should prevail and the executive overule the anomily. Probably won't happen though. As in a previous post, they did change the rules overnight during the Woolnough Grand Final between Kingston Heath and Moorabbin West so maybe????

Wow Mick I think we have uncovered a repressed memory.Talk about holding a grudge. Makes the Round 9 encounter at Peterson Street a very interesting encounter assuming you are available. Looks like Sugar is going to need some protection.
I think he may bat at 8 that day, or wait until your first spell is over before coming out to have a hit. Don't forget to bring the two piecer Sugar.

GREAT READING WITH REGARD TO THE WEATHER CONDITIONS. AS A PAST CAPTAIN I FEEL THAT WEATHER CONDITIONS WHETHER IT IS TOO HOT OR TOO WET SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF THE CAPTAINS HANDS AND SHOULD BE SOLELY THE UMPS DECISION. IT IS VERY RARE ON THE SECOND WEEK OF A GAME THAT BOTH CAPTAINS ARE GOING TO AGREE TO EITHER KEEP PLAYING OR NOT PLAY. ANYHOW LOOKS LIKE WE WILL BE TALKING IT UP MORE WITH MORE RAIN PREDICTED FOR SATURDAY.

Round 5
Longmuir Shield

Kingston Heath-v-Bentleigh ANA
Elwood - v - East Sandringham Boys Club
Bentleigh Uniting- v- Hampton Central
Carnegie South- v- West Bentleigh
Mackie- v- Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights -v -Le Page Park

Woolnough Shield

Highett West- v- Washington Park
Moorabbin West- v -Aspendale Gardens
West Bentleigh- v-Hampton United
Cluden- v- Bentleigh Uniting
Bentleigh ANA- v-Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club- v-Brighton Union

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association - Longmuir Shield

1 Bentleigh Uniting 21(1.9789)
2 East Sandringham 21 (1.3948)
3 Brighton Union 15(1.5289)
4 Mackie 15 (1.0479)
5 Carnegie South 15 (0.8964)
6 Elwood 12 (1.0313)
7 Chelsea Heights 9 (0.8941)
8 Kingston Heath 9(0.8505)
9 West Bentleigh 9(0.8129)
10 Le Page Park 9(0.7614)
11 Bentleigh ANA 6 (0.7913)
12 Hampton Central 3 (0.6390)

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association - Woolnough Shield

1 Moorabbin West 22 (1.6572)
2 Omega 21 (2.5182)
3 Aspendale Gardens 21 (1.9837)
4 Washington Park 15 (1.2957)
5 Bentleigh Uniting 15 (1.1854)
6 Highett West 12 (0.7444)
7 East Sandringham 12 (0.7253)
8 West Bentleigh 12 (0.4553)
9 Bentleigh ANA 9 (1.6779)
10 Hampton United 6 (0.5170)
11 Cluden 3 (0.5789)
12 Brighton Union 0 (0.4804)

My tips for Round 5

Longmuir
Bentleigh ANA
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights

Woolnough
Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton United
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
E.S.B.C.

Kingston Heath v Bentleigh ANA
Elwood v East Sandringham Boys Club
Bentleigh Uniting v Hampton Central
Carnegie South v West Bentleigh
Mackie v Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights v Le Page Park

Very Good Sugar. Yes, young Lalor and I have had an association ever since some goings on up Sovereign Hill way about 130 years ago. Still think Haddin, Ponting & Johnson should not play v Kiwi's though.
Agree with general consensus that heat v wet should be subject to same rules, ie.not one rule for heat and a different one for wet, the circumstances are the same.
Tips
Longy

KingstonHeath (who are the outs?)
Elwood
Bentleigh Uniting
Carnegie South
Brighton Union
Le Page Park

Wooly
Washington Park
Aspendale Gardens
Hampton United
Bentleigh Uniting
Omega
East Sandringham Boys Club

Evening All,

As the old boy slowly recouperates and is only allowed limited access to the computer although I have snuck the occassional look at the BCF and see there are many new faces and the same tired old inconsistent Barrack led congress which didn't even improve when the great man was in the country himself.

Peter Parker thanks for your good wishes for a speedy recovery as you were one of the few to think of the old boy.

I see the self appointed time piece is conducting one third of the tipping competition I diligently use to look after, pity poor Army in the Bobby Dazzler and the Bluff Rd cup got the big Freo heave ho in the Longmuir centric only competition.

Jimmy you seem to keep missing a word in some of your recent pieces and I thought someone of your stature would have had ' enforced silence ' when comementing on Merl's lenghty absence from the BCF after a long period of being a regular conributor.Also the man I know of as Uncle Mick could not possibly be the effatuated timepiece water vessel thimble that you think he maybe?

Burger meister I hope the poor bloke with the other duties this season who you think is the old boy, is carrying out those duties satisfactorily.How you doing with the bat and I see you are actually tipping these days so does that mean you know who the timepiece is or have you just contradicted your double standards.

Good old Barrack and Co nearly popped Merl's stiches when the scores finally appeared in the papers once in the last couple of weeks!The silence has been defeaning regarding washouts and points and less than 50% games played but the old boy doesn't want to pop the stitches worrying about the continuing inadequacies at headquarters wherever that maybe.

Adam the Go Dees are looking promising and I did manage to catch a glimpse of you and the Judge in the award winning youtube form as usual.

The old boy is a little out of touch with the competition and not sure how any of Merl's previous own sides are performing.I believe the billionaires are continuing on their merry way in a quest for back to back that Vinnies sagpies couldn't achieve.

Archie popped in to wish the old boy well as he prepares another batch of recruits to get through immigration and into our park cricket on the back of some recently successful landings.

Anyway I better not overdo it as we don't want the old boy croaking it ( some may ) so I better go and put the head on the pillow and send my best wishes to my many BCF friends

Merl over and out.

Round 5
Longmuir Shield

Clocker, I would like a clarification on the rules for the tipping comp please.

In the event that this weekend's matches are washed out and the round reverts to a series of One-dayers on 3rd December, will you accept changed tips, or do we have an unofficial lockout come 1pm Saturday?

Quasi

Don't think Unc is Clock Merlot, just having a crack at Micky as his L/S career best figures were posted in there by the Clock. You will have to illuminate me re.the missing word, not sure what your angle is there!! but regardless we still have freedom of speech here in AUS for the time being.

We can only hope that Merlot’s carer does not lose the plot and actually use one of Merlot’s duck feather pillow(s) to suffocate him. Would any jury convict?

Quasimodo,
If a round is abandoned or any matches are deemed washed out and revert to one day matches then I see no reason why you cannot change your tip(s) for that particular match.Clubs are not obligated to play the same players so it follows you should not be stuck with the same tips.
Cheers Uncle Mick.

Hopefully it stays a 2 day game and the wet weather holds off.

Kingston Heath v Bentleigh ANA
Elwood v East Sandringham Boys Club
Bentleigh Uniting v Hampton Central
Carnegie South v West Bentleigh
Mackie v Brighton Union
Chelsea Heights v Le Page Park

Back