CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Re: CMCA - City of Moorabbin

smoking;215411 said:
basically a mickey mouse comp played on run down parks on carpet. Not for the serious cricketer.

Aren't you a clever little boy working that out all on your won?!

South East suburban local club with excellent reputation seeking a marquee player for 2008/09 season. Turf competition, excellent remuneration, 1st elevan in finals in the last 5 years. Private Message for more information.

What's the goss in CMCA LAND.
Heard some rumblings down the highway were on the cards.
Will the Omies stay up?
Has APRSL got enough in the tank to be competitive, or will they just make up the numbers again?
Rumblings also reported to be coming out of Patterson Road.

Can confirm Edi Asp are in the midst of signing 3 local cricketers from the VTCA. They realise they need to inject some batting depth/ and a strike bowler to take it up to the likes of East Sandy and Mackie in the top grade.

Hey Perty,

Good to see someone is actually checking the cmca site out.

The RSL need to bolster their depth through the ranks, maybe some of the players need to change their attitudes as well.

You can't have players dictating like they did with their last C&C was appointed 2 seasons ago.

Its a very even comp now with at least 8 clubs in the mix, a couple not too far away and another 2 way off the pace.

Who will get relegated to allow for the RSL to return is the big question?

Or will the 12 teams stay as they are, this would mean the RSL has to win it again to show the comp that they are fairdinkum and not one season wonders.

smoking;215411 said:
basically a mickey mouse comp played on run down parks on carpet. Not for the serious cricketer.

Hey Smoking,

You sound really knowlegable on CMCA issues, '' yeah right ''.
The top teams in the CMCA would give any turf puppets a good game.
Maybe you had better get off the weed, and back on the synthetic stuff, at least you would get value for your doller and actually get to play some cricket on a fair surface, rather than the hard grassless mud tops that you get now.

To ''ONEPAIDCLUBPRO ''

I actually didn't state what grade of turf cricket was similier and agree with you that snr division would be a great challenge to CMCA clubs.

Maybe from Sen Sth A down would be comparable.

Lets face it, most players that play club cricket 1st 11 are good park cricketers, VTCA is just another park comp with the exception of the senior division.

Spot on: you have to be kidding your self. Longy easily better you wouldnt know which is better considering you only spend a year at one club and move on, you got your glory and now your off to find some more down at distric level.

Perty4;216630 said:
Can confirm Edi Asp are in the midst of signing 3 local cricketers from the VTCA. They realise they need to inject some batting depth/ and a strike bowler to take it up to the likes of East Sandy and Mackie in the top grade.

Does anyone know who these 3 signings are or is it just someone pumping up there own teams tyres.

Having played both Longy and VTCA Senior Div, the CMCA would be comparable to the top end North A1/South A1 and the bottom end of Senior A.

You need to remeber its alot tougher to play on turf than it is on carpet (especially on some of the dodgy decks served up around the place).

Even ESBC would get smashed by the likes of Yarraville Club etc. There plenty of money in the north and those teams would belt anything that the CMCA can offer.

Just my opinion though.

ItDontSpin;231087 said:
Having played both Longy and VTCA Senior Div, the CMCA would be comparable to the top end North A1/South A1 and the bottom end of Senior A.

You need to remeber its alot tougher to play on turf than it is on carpet (especially on some of the dodgy decks served up around the place).

Even ESBC would get smashed by the likes of Yarraville Club etc. There plenty of money in the north and those teams would belt anything that the CMCA can offer.

Just my opinion though.

Good post ''spin '', What standard are you playing these days?
I tend to agree with you about Nth and Sth A, clubs in Sth, like Murrumbeena, Moorabbin Park [ recently promoted '' would not be challenge to the top CMCA Clubs,, just a good game between even clubs.
It is noted though, that alot of the turf players have egos' bigger than their batting averages, there are plenty of good players in the CMCA that prefer to play with mates, and be long time servants for their clubs.

Archie Roach;231150 said:
Good post ''spin '', What standard are you playing these days?
I tend to agree with you about Nth and Sth A, clubs in Sth, like Murrumbeena, Moorabbin Park [ recently promoted '' would not be challenge to the top CMCA Clubs,, just a good game between even clubs.
It is noted though, that alot of the turf players have egos' bigger than their batting averages, there are plenty of good players in the CMCA that prefer to play with mates, and be long time servants for their clubs.

Back playing in Sth A1 Archie.

A few of the teams we played last year like Ajax, Cheltenham and Old Mentonians were pretty good sides that would be very strong CMCA Longy teams.
Ajax had an awesome batting lineup with very good district players like Lamb, Weinstock while Chelt and OM's bowling was of a very high standard with Cheetham at Chelt (English import) and Seeary at OM's.
I agree with you about the ego thing, but i think that you will find that most good turf players make excellent mats players but its not always the case the other way round.
I think that mats clubs are more mate friendly (like EBSC etc) and more likely to retain players on that basis instead of losing them to turf clubs.

ITDONTSPIN is spot on,Yarrville club would smash EAST SANDY but EAST SANDY would beat the likes of Old Essendon,Chelsea,Hampton.

Not sure that Lamb would be classed under the very good district player. Everyone has their own opinion though in life. Not sure you can easily compare the 2 comps and especially not so confidently say East Sandy would beat those teams......Chelsea did beat Yarravile last year after all! Different Pitches...bigger grounds.the debate is endless!

We've all got egos to massage, but the fact is this will remain speculative until the sides play each other. Highly unlikely.

Teams must be getting to close to signing all these new recruits, what of the rumours on this & other forums.. Any new faces appeared at training yet fella's?

What about departing players, any of note apart from "the Great" M Flahive returning to his spiritual home land after a snatch & grab mission with E Sandy PS- Cost me slab Lazza', as I punted you wouldn't return..:cool:

Back