Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

Re: Darwin & District Cricket - 2010

OhMyGodTheChips;406102 said:
Rumour has it that DT bowled 38 overs from one end for TV in the B's, when do you think this "junior" will be ready to play A grade cricket?

True enough, "young" Pup bowled from both ends seemingly most of the day and slept like a log that night I bet! Must be something about playing Nightcliff that brings out the competitiveness in him!

I saw that NC D Grade are still undefeated after knocking over TV, but there was one highlight for the day - Aceks second ball duck! There's a track winding back to a Presidential quack, along the road to Tigerland!

Club championship points should be very interesting after this round...

Guido;406178 said:
So what was the end results from the A Grade this round?

Haven't got the scorecards from the other games but Darwin outrighted by TV, Palmerston and PINT both won their matches easy. Regan made 150 against Tahs.

Darth Vadar;406168 said:
True enough, "young" Pup bowled from both ends seemingly most of the day and slept like a log that night I bet! Must be something about playing Nightcliff that brings out the competitiveness in him!

Good to see the young blokes getting ago even in the lower grades, congrats.

Darth Vadar;406168 said:

Nightcliff A and B grades had the bye this round just completed. Didn't TV play Darwin?

good to hear Regan making runs!!! just in time for finals........maybe.

pup having to bowl 38 overs!! tv b's in Struggle town???

did his arm fall off??:rolleyes:

Pints looking good to make another finals appearance!!!
Lavers any runs??

Nightcliff's bye might be a good thing, batteries recharged for the run home.

as for Aceks second ball duck!! hopefully shut him up for another week. :eek:

Some Random;406336 said:
pup having to bowl 38 overs!! tv b's in Struggle town???

Only lost 1 game for the season!

Pints looking good to make another finals appearance!!!
Lavers any runs??

Heaps... Could be the first batsman to make 1000+ for a season in a long time.

as for Aceks second ball duck!! hopefully shut him up for another week. :eek:

Unlikely :)

haha very true......

i think the last time someone scored 1000+ might be D.Kulmar???
almost 10years.....

might have to check the year books.

Y did pup bowled so many overs???? injuries maybe????

Team - Played - Win - Loss - Draw - Points - - Teams to play
1. Tracy Village - 11 - 9 - 2 - 0 - 83 - - Districts
2. Nightcliff - 11 - 7 - 4 - 0 - 72 - - Palmerston
3. Darwin - 12 - 6 - 6 - 0 - 68 - - Bye
4. Palmerston - 11 - 7 - 4 - 0 - 64 - - Nightcliff
-------------------------------------
5. PINT - 11 - 5 - 5 - 1 - 57 - - Tahs
6. Souther Districts - 11 - 3 - 7 - 1 - 46 - - TV
7. Waratah - 11 - 1 - 10 - 0 - 26 - - PINT

*Points not confirmed.

PINT require a solid win against Waratahs to go through but shouldn't be much of an issue (Borgas & Lawrence out), while Palmerston should sneak in with a loss but would want to play till finish to ensure that they get through. Darwin likely to miss out by a couple of points again.

To win the Flag
Tracy Village - 1.90
Nightcliff - 5.00
Palmerston - 5.00
PINT - 15.00
Darwin - 51.00
Southern Districts
Waratah

I blame the cow paddock we played on........But hey gave a few other blokes a hit for once and good to see balls smoked for 2's and 3's that's why we have good team results.

PINT require a solid win against Waratahs to go through but shouldn't be much of an issue (Borgas & Lawrence out), while Palmerston should sneak in with a loss but would want to play till finish to ensure that they get through. Darwin likely to miss out by a couple of points again.

Heard that Tahs C grade forfeited again? If Borgas/Lawrence/Gardiner/Piercy not playing, they are in very DEEP SH*T.
Can understand that BOrgas has gone home/overseas, but why the other 3 not playing?

Piercy has retired/hasn't played A's since round 8. Lawrence is apparently having surgery on shoulder. Borgas gone home, Gardiner is playing from what I am aware.

Guido;406187 said:
Nightcliff A and B grades had the bye this round just completed. Didn't TV play Darwin?

Yeah. After 60 overs for little more than 100 runs my mind had switched off and still hasn't come back to normal. Darwin B Grade's paralysingly slow run rate was one of the most boring days cricket I have ever watched. Absolute rubbish. Bring back Roger the wrecker and at least have a go you guys!

Pup just got on a roll and enjoyed his day out bowling. Nothing mysterious and the bowling stocks in B Grade are fine.

acek00;406365 said:
I blame the cow paddock we played on........But hey gave a few other blokes a hit for once and good to see balls smoked for 2's and 3's that's why we have good team results.

Maybe you should learn to hit the ball a little harder. The 21 boundaries in your teams innings suggests it wasn't too hard to reach the fence.

Game on with the Club Championship this round old mate! Just 25 points in it...

Don't stumble Tigers - the Village is ready to pounce!

Turk;406525 said:
The Tigers have won enough this year!

Yeah, but none of their games in A or B against TVCC eh Turk?!

I hear Kuru and Bracewell are definitely not coming back, De Terte has personal issues and may even be leaving town, Devine has the plague and is deathly ill, and it goes on...

I'm tipping the Tiges will drop out in the semi, no matter who they play. They can always shine their one-day trophy and ponder their reflections in that...:)

I think most of the world would love to see nightcliff and tracey get knocked in the semi. especially tracey.

Darth Vadar;406546 said:
I hear Kuru and Bracewell are definitely not coming back, De Terte has personal issues and may even be leaving town, Devine has the plague and is deathly ill, and it goes on...

I'm tipping the Tiges will drop out in the semi, no matter who they play. They can always shine their one-day trophy and ponder their reflections in that...:)

By my understanding you seem to have some decent inside info. Are you a Nightcliff player in disguise?

Back