Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Ex Pres - your thoughts on the punishment handed to Mill Park. Do you think that being demoted to B grade where they will be competitive and probably play finals is a fair penalty? Surely staying in Money Shield, maybe a financial sanction put on hold, placed over their head, and a points penalty, ensuring that they do not play finals for the next 2 seasons would be a better option. This would also leave them playing against other 1st XI's, and with Hurstbridge forced up, (a must) we would have the 16 teams needed to form the 2 groups and move forward.

I am not up to speed on all of the facts with Mill Park. But from what i have heard, they have had several financial sanctions imposed on them in the past, yet their behaviour hasnt improved.
So if they keep paying the fines and not improving - where do you go? You have to make a stand sometime or else it continues.

As i said I am not 100% aware of all the history or the details of most recent events, but if what i have heard is true, over a sustained period of time, then i think they are lucky to be still in the DVCA.
But again I stress I have only heard 3rd hand rumours - maybe not facts.

Maybe dropping them from 'A' grade cricket might be the best sanction. It will make it hard for them to recruit to go back up? Then again do you reward a clubs poor performance by allowing them to win games in a lower grade? If they perceive they have no chnace of going back up, does this have the potential to make their behaviour worse?

Without knowing all of the facts it is a hard one, but in terms of the comp structure - i believe all teams 1st XI should be in BS or MS. Whether or not you re-introduce the reserve grades or let the clubs fight it out with promo relegation to ensure their 2's are strong, I am not too sure on.
If we or someones elses 2nd XI need to go up to fill the 16th place until another 1st XI comes along, then so be it.

I am not up to speed on all of the facts with Mill Park. But from what i have heard, they have had several financial sanctions imposed on them in the past, yet their behaviour hasnt improved.
So if they keep paying the fines and not improving - where do you go? You have to make a stand sometime or else it continues.

As i said I am not 100% aware of all the history or the details of most recent events, but if what i have heard is true, over a sustained period of time, then i think they are lucky to be still in the DVCA.
But again I stress I have only heard 3rd hand rumours - maybe not facts.

Maybe dropping them from 'A' grade cricket might be the best sanction. It will make it hard for them to recruit to go back up? Then again do you reward a clubs poor performance by allowing them to win games in a lower grade? If they perceive they have no chnace of going back up, does this have the potential to make their behaviour worse?

Without knowing all of the facts it is a hard one, but in terms of the comp structure - i believe all teams 1st XI should be in BS or MS. Whether or not you re-introduce the reserve grades or let the clubs fight it out with promo relegation to ensure their 2's are strong, I am not too sure on.
If we or someones elses 2nd XI need to go up to fill the 16th place until another 1st XI comes along, then so be it.

I reckon the sanction impossed really hurts the club in the long term. How do you attack good players (established players) to your club when your playing 'B' grade? This could really hurt them for many years.

I appreciate the fact that Mill Park offer people in the local area a chance to play cricket and that is what we are all about, but if they dont contribute and enhance the DVCA then they may not be around much longer. I hope the good people at Mill Park can sort the rest of them out.

I hate to say this, but two really good posts.

WHilst I know a couple of Mill Park boys, and know that there is a really good group of blokes there, there are always some that spoil the party. Until these people get weeded out, then they will continue to have a not so flattering reputation, and be punished for it. I hope that the committee, players and supporters can get together and sort out the causes of these issues. No one wants to see this happen to the club, but you do the crime (s) you do the time.

Mill Park have had indiscretions and were punished with fines and bonds, they continued to have indiscretions. So what can an exec/tribunal do other than to punish them in other ways? Whilst I agree that I would like to have all 1st XI teams in the top grade, playing in BS and MS is a privledge not a right and must be earnt by all clubs. If that means teams haven't earnt their spot through their onfield performance or their behaviour, is beside the point. The fact is, they don't deserve to be there. I have some really good mates from Hurstbridge, and would love to see them up, and play against them. But where they are at, they don't yet have the players. Proven by failing to win the B grade flag.

The punishment to Mill Park is very harsh in that they have been demoted, and I can tell you now, they are furious. Playing B grade cricket when some of those players have played BS or MS most of their careers is a kick in the guts. They may lose players because of it, and would really struggle to entice new players to come. That is their real punsihment. Not that they get to win lots of games in B grade.

The purpose of the relegation and promotion with BS Reserve or MS Reserve as it was known, is because the following scenario (as an example) woud happen:

ELtham have sides in BS and BS Reserve. C E H. Half way through the year, when it was clear that our B grade were out of contention for finals, stack all of their lower grades with B Grade players, hence ensuring that they play finals, and win a flag and get promoted. They had no reason to care about B grade as they couldn't get relegated if the ones were safe so it became a farce. There were a few clubs who exploited this, and thenumber of clubs increased, hence why the change.

WHilst I know a couple of Mill Park boys, and know that there is a really good group of blokes there, there are always some that spoil the party. Until these people get weeded out, then they will continue to have a not so flattering reputation, and be punished for it. I hope that the committee, players and supporters can get together and sort out the causes of these issues. No one wants to see this happen to the club, but you do the crime (s) you do the time.

Mill Park have had indiscretions and were punished with fines and bonds, they continued to have indiscretions. So what can an exec/tribunal do other than to punish them in other ways? Whilst I agree that I would like to have all 1st XI teams in the top grade, playing in BS and MS is a privledge not a right and must be earnt by all clubs. If that means teams haven't earnt their spot through their onfield performance or their behaviour, is beside the point. The fact is, they don't deserve to be there. I have some really good mates from Hurstbridge, and would love to see them up, and play against them. But where they are at, they don't yet have the players. Proven by failing to win the B grade flag.

The punishment to Mill Park is very harsh in that they have been demoted, and I can tell you now, they are furious. Playing B grade cricket when some of those players have played BS or MS most of their careers is a kick in the guts. They may lose players because of it, and would really struggle to entice new players to come. That is their real punsihment. Not that they get to win lots of games in B grade.

The purpose of the relegation and promotion with BS Reserve or MS Reserve as it was known, is because the following scenario (as an example) woud happen:

ELtham have sides in BS and BS Reserve. C E H. Half way through the year, when it was clear that our B grade were out of contention for finals, stack all of their lower grades with B Grade players, hence ensuring that they play finals, and win a flag and get promoted. They had no reason to care about B grade as they couldn't get relegated if the ones were safe so it became a farce. There were a few clubs who exploited this, and thenumber of clubs increased, hence why the change.

Excellent feedback there boys, thanks for that. I am in agreeance that they (MP) have had plenty of chances, and should be down, just with the final 2 contenders for entry into the DVCA next season falling at the last hurdle, it makes it difficult to have a fair season, with so many 1 day games this year.
Looking forward to a cracking MS season, will be more interest with the new sides and the competitiveness of them, as well as the big few (GB, LP, EL) all well and truly pushing for promotion.

Excellent feedback there boys, thanks for that. I am in agreeance that they (MP) have had plenty of chances, and should be down, just with the final 2 contenders for entry into the DVCA next season falling at the last hurdle, it makes it difficult to have a fair season, with so many 1 day games this year.
Looking forward to a cracking MS season, will be more interest with the new sides and the competitiveness of them, as well as the big few (GB, LP, EL) all well and truly pushing for promotion.

You're right, it should be a cracking season. Whilst i know that it is not ideal that we play so many one day games, I am really looking forward to the season. It means that sides have to be more rounded in the two formats of the games. With very few outright victories these days, the comp is still fair in that we all stil play the same amount of one day games.

I'm looking forward to a really tough competitive year, that will be even more tougher in that there will be a number of players that we don't know.

To all HDCA teams: Apparently that bloke at Eltham called Minney is a dud. Don't worry about bowling anyone good at him, the best way to get him out is to bowl short.

You're right, it should be a cracking season. Whilst i know that it is not ideal that we play so many one day games, I am really looking forward to the season. It means that sides have to be more rounded in the two formats of the games. With very few outright victories these days, the comp is still fair in that we all stil play the same amount of one day games.

I'm looking forward to a really tough competitive year, that will be even more tougher in that there will be a number of players that we don't know.

To all HDCA teams: Apparently that bloke at Eltham called Minney is a dud. Don't worry about bowling anyone good at him, the best way to get him out is to bowl short.

Very funny Tongs, I think he needs no introduction mate, although was a great challenge to play against him last year, always good to play with and against great cricketers.

Few of the sides on the other side of plenty rd going under the radar with all this talk about the new clubs. Anyone heard from lalor starts/thomo/sth morang?

Anyone bold enough to give an early prediction on who will be the team to beat and whos going to struggle

Few of the sides on the other side of plenty rd going under the radar with all this talk about the new clubs. Anyone heard from lalor starts/thomo/sth morang?

Anyone bold enough to give an early prediction on who will be the team to beat and whos going to struggle

We don't hear from them because none of them are literate enough to use a computer. :D

thanks tongs :D we are currently looking for a coach , as for recruiting have put a few feelers out with no response quite happy to keep promoting the kids .

WHilst I know a couple of Mill Park boys, and know that there is a really good group of blokes there, there are always some that spoil the party. Until these people get weeded out, then they will continue to have a not so flattering reputation, and be punished for it. I hope that the committee, players and supporters can get together and sort out the causes of these issues. No one wants to see this happen to the club, but you do the crime (s) you do

Mill Park, have slowly regressed over the years, failed to recruit well, poor selection of coaches and some players, have had enough juniors to build a strong club. The two other sides within a good footy kick have prospered ( the Franks and Rivergum) so must look within. Lucky their 2's finished underfeated then choked in the final whilst the 1st didn't win game......bit on the nose to me.

It's goin to be interesting ... Some smaller clubs picking up players and recruiting.. Mill park wot show any force this year ..who knows with thomo ... Lalor r throwing decent money around trying to find decent bowlers and middle order ...

Bundoora United to win the flag.

Bundoora United to win the flag.
Based on what? Have they picked up players? Because where they were at last year was they beat 3 teams. Two of them won 1 game between them, the other was Whittelsea. Another ordinary team. So unless they have picked up 5 players, they won't get close to finals.

Based on what? Have they picked up players? Because where they were at last year was they beat 3 teams. Two of them won 1 game between them, the other was Whittelsea. Another ordinary team. So unless they have picked up 5 players, they won't get close to finals.

Got a new playing coach who supposedly can bat. Have also got a couple recruits that should sign up. We will improve but not sure if I'd be putting us as flag favorites, blackhawk clearly taking the pi$$.

Most clubs look like they have recruited very well so a top 4 spot in MS this season could be very hard to come by. No clue myself but I'll guess LP, Rosanna, Lalor, Mont

Got a new playing coach who supposedly can bat. Have also got a couple recruits that should sign up. We will improve but not sure if I'd be putting us as flag favorites, blackhawk clearly taking the pi$$.

Most clubs look like they have recruited very well so a top 4 spot in MS this season could be very hard to come by. No clue myself but I'll guess LP, Rosanna, Lalor, Mont

Lalor might need to improve a bit; they have an aging batting line-up, and last season their bowlers conceded nearly 34 runs per wicket (ie, nearly 340 runs per completed innings).

I just decided to be uncharacteristically optimistic about our chances this year. Don't worry, I'll be back to my usual pessamistic, skepical and cynical self soon enough.

Any news on when the draw is released? Is it created at random? If you were a top team you wouldn't be keen to draw 6 bottom teams in the one dayers.

Any news on when the draw is released? Is it created at random? If you were a top team you wouldn't be keen to draw 6 bottom teams in the one dayers.

Fixtures wont be released for a while yet. Clubs need to nominate teams and grounds based on expectation by June 30, would not expect anything until at least late August.

Back