DVCA: Player movements and rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to a rumour I heard on the weekend that Rosbrook won't be at Plenty next year, and that he is already committed to another club in a different comp for next season?

So who coaches Plenty next year? i wouldn't have thought Willo will go around again (may be wrong), and now Rosbrook gone. Any early canditates?

Any truth to a rumour I heard on the weekend that Rosbrook won't be at Plenty next year, and that he is already committed to another club in a different comp for next season?
Do we have to go through this every season???

All I know is Luke is not the sort of guy to leave us when we probably need him more then ever. Yeah we have had an unbelievable decade but the next 2-3 years are going to be just as important moving through our transition.

Do we have to go through this every season???

All I know is Luke is not the sort of guy to leave us when we probably need him more then ever. Yeah we have had an unbelievable decade but the next 2-3 years are going to be just as important moving through our transition.
Are you Julia Gillard? Spoken like a true Politician. We don't care about what kind of guy he is or isn't, where the club is at etc. Is he leaving? Have you heard that is the case or have you asked him?

Are you Julia Gillard? Spoken like a true Politician. We don't care about what kind of guy he is or isn't, where the club is at etc. Is he leaving? Have you heard that is the case or have you asked him?
Yeah we have asked him you ************ and he is going to be skipper again next year.

So what other shit have you got??? I might be wrong but I don't think you have a great strike rate when it comes to rumors in the DVCA...

Yeah we have asked him you ************ and he is going to be skipper again next year.

So what other shit have you got??? I might be wrong but I don't think you have a great strike rate when it comes to rumors in the DVCA...

I heard that Minney has already signed Riverside for next season as a player. Rumor has it he is desperate to win a Barclay flag before he finishes.

What rumours have I started??

If Luke is not the kind of guy that would leave the club when they are down etc. Why did you feel the need to even ask?

Every single year I hear that skips is changing clubs for $20,000. not once have I ever asked him if he is moving, as I know that he wouldn't do it. As he loves the club too much. Even this year when I was talking to him about his contract, it doesn't even come up.

I heard that Minney has already signed Riverside for next season as a player. Rumor has it he is desperate to win a Barclay flag before he finishes.
Right on cue!

You're spot on. He is moving to Riverside. He felt they were more of a chance to win a flag than Bundoora. ;)

What rumours have I started??

If Luke is not the kind of guy that would leave the club when they are down etc. Why did you feel the need to even ask?

Every single year I hear that skips is changing clubs for $20,000. not once have I ever asked him if he is moving, as I know that he wouldn't do it. As he loves the club too much. Even this year when I was talking to him about his contract, it doesn't even come up.
He has been asked if he is happy to take the skippers role for next season....

I would have thought that would be considered as customary in planning for 2012-13.... You guys dont plan ahead???

He has been asked if he is happy to take the skippers role for next season....

I would have thought that would be considered as customary in planning for 2012-13.... You guys dont plan ahead???

Let's be honest, we have all heard about it, and yes Rozzy is gone, heading to Greenvale next season, Curtain also gone to play turf. There is no point keeping secrets PremiersAgain, its all good, you guys will have to go through some rebuilding and no doubt you'll bounce back like you always do.

Let's be honest, we have all heard about it, and yes Rozzy is gone, heading to Greenvale next season, Curtain also gone to play turf. There is no point keeping secrets PremiersAgain, its all good, you guys will have to go through some rebuilding and no doubt you'll bounce back like you always do.
Since I have been involved at Plenty we have had 2 players leave after playing in a Barclay Shield Premiership. I would be very surprised to see two guys leave in the same season, especially when we need players of their calibre even more than ever.

Since I have been involved at Plenty we have had 2 players leave after playing in a Barclay Shield Premiership. I would be very surprised to see two guys leave in the same season, especially when we need players of their calibre even more than ever.

I can tell you that the story of Rossz leaving/gone have come from within the Plenty club, and from a person who is held in high regard!

I think Plenty is an interesting case study now.

What to do with a team that has had so much success- but is now staring down the barrel of some pretty lean years...

Is recruitment the key- or do they have enough from within?

A quality top order batsman, another middle to lower order allrounder and perhaps a wicketkeeper of note might be the trick?

Losing Rozzy though- that leaves a lot to Salvatore. Is the cupboard empty Premiersagain??
Bowling stocks are pretty handy. James Love and Dayne Smith are both 18 years old and if they work hard I'm sure both will become really good bowlers in Barclay Shield. Out batting problems were highlighted this season with the retirement of Lovey and Paves. We have a 3 young blokes who I reckon could make it but will need time. We need to recruit 2 bats in my opinion but I think most clubs are in the same boat.

We are under no illusions that we are in a rebuilding phase, however the same blokes who steered us to our decade of success on field are the same people who are running the club off field today. I'm confident that with good planning, coaching and our club culture we will be playing finals again in all grades sooner rather then later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back